The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
This would be appropriate dress for the future wife of head of state. There will be a difference between Charlene and the other Royal wifes "Head of State" as in First Lady, politics. Its a job, and women don't dress as Charlene does to go to the office and work for the Mayor or President of any country I know of. Protocol required Princess Grace to wear a hat.
Albert himself said his relationship with the first lady of Monaco/his wife (of course, in this case Charlene) was going to be unconventional. Perhaps this is what he meant.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
Albert himself said his relationship with the first lady of Monaco/his wife (of course, in this case Charlene) was going to be unconventional. Perhaps this is what he meant.
I just added something to my post.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by almee View Post
I hope I don't offend anyone, but Prince Albert reminded me alot of Captain Stubing from the "Love Boat" at the Swedish royal wedding!

Finally, someone answered my question - why did the ruling prince of Monaco wear a white short jacket at the wedding, no one else did. He must have traveled to Sweden on his yacht. There must be a protocol reason, but I can not think of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I noticed that Prince Albert walked out of the church after Victoria's wedding with someone (a woman) I didn't recognize. I also couldn't help but noticed that Charlene looked a tad bit annoyed....at least she looked like she was annoyed to me.
Prince Albert and Charlene were not seated next to one another at the church wedding in Sweden. As the guests (kings, queens, princes etc....) left their seats and proceeded down the church aisle, they were first cued when to leave by ushers. Royals and guests proceeded down the aisle to exit the church in the order in which they were seated. So, since PA and CW were not seated next to one another, they did not walk side-by-side as they left the church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
I see on the photos on MyRoyals that Charlene is wearing a ring but smaller than the one in the engagement photos. Could she perhaps have two rings? Didn't Grace also have a really large ring and then a smaller one that she wore more regularly?
Yes you might be right. It looks as if Charlene changed her engagement ring. I don't remember Princess Grace wearing a smaller ring, although sometimes she was not wearing her 10.47-carat emerald cut ring.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please remember that you've been asked to keep the discussion
about the couple's attendance at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding
in the appropriate wedding thread - if you want to go on discussing
it, please move over to the thread:

** Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling; June 19th, 2010 **

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Iceflower, thanks for clarifying where to post what.

You may think I'm immediately contravening your words, but I'd like to come back to the way PA was dressed at Stockholm, i.e. the jacket which some posters queried.

At official occasions, e.g. Fete nationale, PA wears his blue dress uniform, but on special ("regal"-type) occasions he would wear the cream-coloured number. He also seems to have a different pair of lighter blue trousers when attending the opera etc.

Having talked extensively about what Charlene might wear at their wedding, can we now do the same for PA???
Old 07-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Administrator

You can carry the discussion on what Albert will wear here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-27971-7.html .

Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
an engagement can take months or years :P

anyway ...there was something that said that the prince would marry a foreigner later in his lifetiem
That's curious, what do you mean? Some sort of fortune-telling, like the supernatural curse that is suppose to make all Grimaldi's have unhappy and short-lived marriages?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
That's curious, what do you mean? Some sort of fortune-telling, like the supernatural curse that is suppose to make all Grimaldi's have unhappy and short-lived marriages?
Info on the alleged Grimaldi "curse":The Independent | Europe | Up to Date European News and European Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Pa , Cw along with Caro all appear to be having a great time- but Woodstock was in /69.I happen to like CW's necklace in this photo............On her Facebook page CW has clarified that Grace was the past..... and CW is now- fantastic that that was clarified and be put to rest once and for all.
The unofficial page? Or this there another one?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
an engagement can take months or years :P

anyway ...there was something that said that the prince would marry a foreigner later in his lifetiem
Charlene is not exactly from PA's community.She is from a foreign land .PA is not exactly young- but not exactly old either.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Pa , Cw along with Caro all appear to be having a great time- but Woodstock was in /69.I happen to like CW's necklace in this photo............On her Facebook page CW has clarified that Grace was the past..... and CW is now- fantastic that that was clarified and be put to rest once and for all.
Do you think Charlene would be silly enough to have a Facebook page that anyone can see (and start for tha matter) and then state that Grace was the past and she was the present?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

It seems she did. If you checks Facebook and Charlene's page is there the answer will be "yes".

Vanesa.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Posts discussing Prince Albert's, Charlene Wittstock's and Princess
Caroline's attendance at the summer concert have been moved to
the right thread:

** Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6 **
Old 07-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Jaya #50:

Being from a foreign land is nothing new to the Grimaldi.
Think back to a certain Juliette Louvet (dubbed "the washerwoman").
Not to mention the German Urach clan....
Old 07-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Do you think Charlene would be silly enough to have a Facebook page that anyone can see (and start for tha matter) and then state that Grace was the past and she was the present?
Just searched for her and she has two fan pages, and one page dedicated to her engagement with Albert.
Then there is one very private Facebook account. I can only see a picture and that she is female.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Jaya #50:

Being from a foreign land is nothing new to the Grimaldi.
Think back to a certain Juliette Louvet (dubbed "the washerwoman").
Not to mention the German Urach clan....
So true.......Renata[Louvet was indeed dubbed that]and thanks for reminding about the German Urach clan.So Charlene will not be the first to marry into the Grimaldis who is not of their own community.
This certainly is some fascinating historical company CW will have in her new and upcoming backround.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
OK so there is a credibility issue; with commentary in Charlene's Facebook - OK. Agreed.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just searched for her and she has two fan pages, and one page dedicated to her engagement with Albert.
Then there is one very private Facebook account. I can only see a picture and that she is female.
You are obviously not one of the select few that can access her Facebook page.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
You are obviously not one of the select few that can access her Facebook page.
That would most likely be because i'm not one of her "friends".
I'm not going to add someone who I don't know.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

You guys got me worried....I'm on FB.... Can someone forge or invent someone's FB page??
Old 07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
You guys got me worried....I'm on FB.... Can someone forge or invent someone's FB page??
What do you mean?
Anyone can invent a facebook page in the name of Charlene Lynette Wittstock.
They can upload pictures, add personal information that can be found on sites like Wikipedia etc about and of Charlene quite easily.