The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anybody could interpret anything on anyphoto, I prefer to see a video than a photo, there is a video called tendance tv 17 march 2011 Charlene Wittstock with the ladies lunch, she apprares at the middle of the video, you will see a Charlene who is kind, she is in Monaco, she is well, very happy, she is not as you describes her, But anybody can interpret what he wants, no matter

Old 04-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Melina is right. We can't really judge from an image, even a moving image. And even then, we still can't come to any conclusions.
Human beings can (and do) wear masks to shield themselves from harm.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Commoner

Albert is 1/4 Irish ?? Actulayy he is not Irish at all and neither was Grace. It was Grace's grandparents who were Irish. However, PA sure does feel at ease here and last week said it was more like a "homecoming" than a state visit.

IMO CW is very happy in Monaco and looking forward to her marriage which I'd say will be her only one. ! My bet is the convert princess will take her vows more seriously than the "born" ones did.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Umm, excuse me, yes he does have 1/4 Irish blood running through his veins from his mother, who was 1/2, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Actually Albert and Charlene's children will have more German ancestry than anything else. Albert is 1/4 German whereas his wife-to-be is pure German. Oddly enough the same makeup as Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August of Hanover's only child, Princess Alexandra.

Anyhow, it's good to see that you now feel that Charlene is happy in Monaco. It's just too bad that you have to take sly jabs at her future in-laws in the process, but that says more about you than it does Charlene. She's a real lady.

As for me, I wish them ALL well.

LONG LIVE THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I find it fascinating and pleasing that Prince Albert still keeps up connections with the Irish side of his family, especially since he's only 1/4 Irish, and his fiancee is none whatsoever. .

This makes me hope that perhaps the Kelly side of his family will turn up at the wedding?

Actually Albert's fiancee has quite a bit in common with his mother's side of the family, besides the obvious of course (aka blonde, blue eyes, fair skin) there is the fact that his maternal grandfather was a 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Rowing, not to mention his uncles' success in water as well.

Charlene will be a great addition to the family!

As far as her seeming uncomfortable in Monaco, this is only natural imho, for several reasons ~ she's living in a foreign country, foreign culture, foreign language, foreign religion, foreign race. Therefore she has a lot to live up to, expectations from the Monegasque people will be high, but most especially her own expectations of herself will be very high. But luckily for Charlene she's marrying into a family that welcomes her with open arms by all accounts and appearances.

GOOOO CHARLENE, FIRST LADY OF MONACO!!!! (can't wait until they have kids)
That thirty year age gap is jolting ye gods get a grip- I would never marry a man older by that much no matter what kinda money; position; title etc he had or wanted to throw at me-
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is, I, believe, a 19 year gap. Perhaps, you are not good in math. Neither am I, but I can subtract. No one can say never, unless you, actually, rebuffed a marriage proposal by a prince, who was much older. So, get a grip.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Commoner

[QUOTE=Nadine;1230018]Umm, excuse me, yes he does

Yes. Albert is 1/4 German. His grandmother, Margaret Majer was b orn in Schloss Helmsdorf.
He was born to a Monegasque father and an American mother. His mother was born to a german mother andan American father who had Irish ancestry. - This does NOT make Albert 1/4 Irish.
And, Yes, I believe Miss Wittstock is a real lady - much more of a lady than either of Al's sisters or aunt. Sorry that you dont like it but thats my opinion.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
That thirty year age gap is jolting ye gods get a grip- I would never marry a man older by that much no matter what kinda money; position; title etc he had or wanted to throw at me-

Prince Albert was born in March 1958, and Charlene was born in January 1978.

I am terrible at math, but I don't think that is anywhere close to a thirty year age difference.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Cailin Deas;1230243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Umm, excuse me, yes he does

Yes. Albert is 1/4 German. His grandmother, Margaret Majer was b orn in Schloss Helmsdorf.
He was born to a Monegasque father and an American mother. His mother was born to a german mother andan American father who had Irish ancestry. - This does NOT make Albert 1/4 Irish.
And, Yes, I believe Miss Wittstock is a real lady - much more of a lady than either of Al's sisters or aunt. Sorry that you dont like it but thats my opinion.

We are all entitled to our opinions, Cailin Deas, that much I agree. In fact it would be a boring world if we all felt alike and thought alike. But that also means we are also entitled to agree to disagree, in a civil manner of course, and thus I agree to disagree with you.

Btw, I enjoyed reading your impressions of Charlene and Albert in Ireland, you are one lucky lass to have met them both in person. :)

Lol, and at least we both agree on Charlene, she will indeed make a mighty fine First Lady of Monaco, let alone a Princess!

GOOOOOOOOOO CHARLENE (& ALBERT OF COURSE)!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes GOOOD Charlène, only two months and the half for the wedding : I realy can't wait !
Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
It is, I, believe, a 19 year gap. Perhaps, you are not good in math. Neither am I, but I can subtract. No one can say never, unless you, actually, rebuffed a marriage proposal by a prince, who was much older. So, get a grip.
I can see that your not having been invited to the wedding is getting to you already-tsk tsk........perhaps you have macular degeneration or need your vision tested. because it looks like thirty.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Obviously, you have a math handicap, he was born March 14, 1958 and she was born January 25, 1978, can you subtract? It looks nothing like 30. Get a calculator.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Okay enough...its a 20 year age gap.

Moving on.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, how this discussion went from their visit to Ireland to their age difference?
Oh well..
I think she looked quite good in the visit. At least in the fashion department.
Is there any video in youtube or somewhere about their visit? I only saw two vids of less than a minute, so i couldn't appreciate too much anything.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, she looked quite good. But there is a lot more being demanded from a (future) princess.

I can't help feeling that, once she has the ring on her finger (and the coronet ?), she may slip back into the "I can get away with anything" attitude.

We'll see...
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

What you are saying, we could say it in the past for The late future princesses like Mett Maritt, Mary Donaldson, Letizia or Maxima, and we see how they are, very well, we can say that also for Kate Middleton, It is your own feeling , I always say wait and see, because we cannot read in the future, I think that the most strong gest Charlene Wittstock made this last time was to convert catholic, and it is a gest that she wants to integrate her new country.Changing religion is not like changing shoes.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

A report of the recent visit to Ireland & the exhibition recalling Grace & Rainier's visit in the Sixties

Irish Independent
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I agree, she looked quite good. But there is a lot more being demanded from a (future) princess.

I can't help feeling that, once she has the ring on her finger (and the coronet ?), she may slip back into the "I can get away with anything" attitude.

We'll see...
I really, really hope not. She must know that winning the hearts and minds of the Monagasques is not going to happen overnight..look how long it took Princess Grace!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a good point. Grace had a tough time, partly, I think, because her inability to speak French.
I'm still looking for some proof of CW's prowess in speaking fluent French.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
That's a good point. Grace had a tough time, partly, I think, because her inability to speak French.
I'm still looking for some proof of CW's prowess in speaking fluent French.
I'm sure that an inability to be fluent in French will initially be a problem, but from what I have read, Grace faced a great deal of hostility from some of Rainier's immediate family whereas Charlene seems to be accepted and indeed welcomed - a major plus for her.

Closed Thread