Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are photos on newscom of Prince Albert and Charlene at the Nostra mare swimming, I think that Charlene remembered as she came for the first time and she saw the prince for the first time.
There is a funny photo where a swimmer has only a towel as dress .

June 11 and 12 : Mare Nostrum Swimming Contest

XXIX Meeting International de Natation - Monte-Carlo 2011

Welcome to the Marenostrum

http://www.bercytron.com/cariboost1/

Ian Thorpe at Monaco
Ian Thorpe à Monaco | Nice-Matin

Ian Thorpe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting info., I recall the human torpedo, but the greatest of all time to *me* personally will always be Alexander Popov! No one before or since comes close to his personal charisma, charm, Greek god looks, nor personality. He's like the Bjorn Borg of swimming. :cool:

That said, hats off to Ian Thorpe for lending his fame to Monaco! :cheers:

ROYAL MONACO RIVIERA

She looks very elegent in this picture I am sure Albert is very proud.

Ah, I love these pics, thanks for providing them! :)

Charlene is dressed casually, but lovely, with the barest of make-up, very minimal. All this, combined with her shy and modest smile, makes her quite approachable, as seen in these pics. By the way, my favorite is the very first one. :cool:

What a lucky man Albert is, and vice versa. :heart:

Hello

The photo link was actually provided by another forum member. Many thanks
melina premiere

She´s not a princess yet, she should not be performing these duties. This is publicity, as well as the many interviews they are giving. It seems their wedding is not getting enough attention.

GYN 2011 Monaco: Gyn2011 - Monaco

9-10-11 June 2011

Is this a joke ??

Someone has made a sculpture from several speculums .... you know, the thing gynaecologists use.....

Is PA into gynaecology??

Gyn2011 - Monaco

I am sorry to have to agree with you Renata4711, but agree I do.

That thing is tacky and in very poor taste, imo.

ETA: I think Charlene is putting unnecessary pressure on herself if she strives to be "the perfect princess".

A better answer would have been " Maybe not perfect, but the best I can be".

Last edited:
I have to say that I felt sick at the sight of it. It's not something most women would want to contemplate.....

I just wonder who could have thought of it....

Thanks, Nadine, for "fleshing out" the the Marenostrum story !

I've never thought of swimmers as "gods".... :)

As this thread is about Albert and Charlene's Current events....off topic posts about their initial dating history, monogamy and William and Kate (how is that even relevant?) have been deleted.

I am surprised not to see the pictures of the couple Prince Albert and Charlene attending during the last week end to the Mare nostrum swimming competition.
Is iceflower in Holidyes or do these photos do not intersse you?

I precise the photos of Mare Nostrum are on the daylife site, newscom sitr, the profimedia editorial site and belga picture site.
In VOgue Us, in July there will be photos on Charlene posed for a photogragraph I do not recall the name, there are two of them on the royal correspondent site. A site which is very interessant, where there
are no polemics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope she will gain and become a great swimmer, but there are not photos of the princely, they are on the site of newscom, belga pictures, profimedia , and many blogs but here there are no photo show, less you see the photos of the couple and less you are interessed by the weddding.
Strange, there are very quicly photos on Albert's duies but on Charlene nothing . I understand

Saturday, Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene attended to the mass of the cathedral for the century of the cathedral. There are photos on the site myroyalblog or east news.

Sadly, I could not find any images or text because you haven't supplied web links.

Last edited:
Thank you Fkorencia, for the photos on the swimming events, they were also on the newscom, on profimedia, Belga pictures, but nobody does not want to send them on the board.
For the blessing of the cathedral for his century, it was difficult to find them, I gave the site but it was like for the swimmnig race.
Thank you for those you wanted to see them

We can see in the pic Elizabeth Anne De Massy too. It would have been nice if Caroline or Stephanie attended as well.

Thank you so much for the pix in the Cathedral... it seems she has lost a lot of weight, stress I suppose !

Thank you Fkorencia, for the photos on the swimming events, they were also on the newscom, on profimedia, Belga pictures, but nobody does not want to send them on the board.
For the blessing of the cathedral for his century, it was difficult to find them, I gave the site but it was like for the swimmnig race.
Thank you for those you wanted to see them

I don't think its the case that no wants to post them on board. Everyone has the ability to do so. If anyone is interested in posting them, you can follow the Picture Posting Policy.

Looks like we have spoiled by Iceflower posting a majority of the pictures but alas she is on vacation this week. So we will have to do it ourselves or wait until she returns.

rosana said:
She´s dressed for a party here. I don´t think anyone is giving her advice on what to wear. If she had, someone should have told her that dress is not appropriate.

How do you know that someone did not tell Miss Wittstock that her dress was inappropriate for this particular event? Maybe she decided to wear her outfit for the evening anyway! Miss Wittstock definitely has her own sense of fashion.
The word 'inappropriate' is again a 'relative' term. What seems inappropriate to you, may not to her. I do wish she would reset her fashion standard - if she does, it will not happen overnight.

How do you know that someone did not tell Miss Wittstock that her dress was inappropriate for this particular event? Maybe she decided to wear her outfit for the evening anyway! Miss Wittstock definitely has her own sense of fashion.
The word 'inappropriate' is again a 'relative' term. What seems inappropriate to you, may not to her. I do wish she would reset her fashion standard - if she does, it will not happen overnight.

Charlene Wittstock can´t make Rosana happy by anything except disappearing from Monaco. As it isn´t going to happen, all of us who like this thread will have to read the posts full of "ugly, inappropriate, lazy etc." again and again... Quite sad to be still so full of malice...

Charlene Wittstock can´t make Rosana happy by anything except disappearing from Monaco. As it isn´t going to happen, all of us who like this thread will have to read the posts full of "ugly, inappropriate, lazy etc." again and again... Quite sad to be still so full of malice...

Well, you don´t have to read me. I still have to bear the comments "gorgeous, amazing, wonderful" to describe a woman who has done nothing in 10 years but wait for a prince to ask her to marry, and who has changed her appearance to look like his mother.

If she was told by anyone with common sense not to wear such a sexy, inappropriate, unsuitable, tasteless dress to a church it is precisely because she is following her very particular fashion sense.

Last edited:
Is there no "middle way" to describe Charlene Wittstock ?

People's views about her seem to be extraordinarily polarised.

Part of this may well be her fault. But it can't ALL be her fault.

Surely the most important thing of all is that Albert loves her and wants to marry her. She will be his Princess and he won't be alone anymore. Surely that can only be a good thing!

"He won't be alone anymore"

He has not been alone for the past 5 or so years.

I was thinking in terms of a Wife, rather than a girlfriend. But the main thing is she makes him happy and he wants her as his wife now not a girlfriend anymore.

I didn't say his marriage is a bad thing.
But I think this marriage is not only a love match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom