Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As per usual, the posts that have nothing to do with the subject the Current Events of Albert and Charlene have been deleted has been off topic.

Honestly, I don't understand why its so hard to be respectful of opinions that differ from your own. And as for allegations that criticism of Charlene is not accepted here at TRF, well you only have to read the threads to know that this is not the case.

The only posts that are deleted are those that are off topic, speculative (i.e. plastic surgery) and those that are so outlandish that they are offensive to the TRF membership as a whole. But we will chalk that up to differences in what one considers to be the norm for a courteous, respectful and civil discussion forum.

You can't please everyone.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
When my grand daughter who is 5 years old saw the late dress that Charlene wore at the gala of the Grand Prize, she said 'Oh Mammy, a dress in chocolat'. It is too laught a little and cope the bad atmosphere

When my grand daughter who is 5 years old saw the late dress that Charlene wore at the gala of the Grand Prize, she said 'Oh Mammy, a dress in chocolat'. It is too laught a little and cope the bad atmosphere

I thought the deep gold complemented her skin and hair beautifully.

The print dress was cute..just not on Charlene, imo. Belted waistlines just don't look flattering on women who do not have very small, slim waists...like Grace Kelly for example.

But I did love the shoes CW wore with the print dress.

Well, here you have it, still not speaking French, not a word after years living in a French speaking country, I lost count how long. This woman has no shame at all. This is embarassing and shameful. She doesn´t care at all what she represents, she just cares her expensive clothes. This is not what Monaco needs.

jdcharlie, I agree in part with your comments, but Caroline would never had made a fool of herself and everybody´s laughing stock with those ridicule poses. She´s also cultured and classy. I wish everybody would realise what Monaco is losing with this wedding.

Albert is going to realize that soon enough... and it will take a long while for Monaco's image to recover from it

PA needs someone who can prop him up, and CW fits that role.

Albert is going to realize that soon enough... and it will take a long while for Monaco's image to recover from it

If the combined scandals and embarrassing behavior of the three Grimaldi children over the last three decades has not ruined Monaco, I doubt that a Sovereign Princess who does not meet the standards of some observers will accomplish it either.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I liked all the outdoor photos. They are both very photogenic and I can't wait to see the wedding photos. I hope she wears a gossamer dress.

Moonmaiden, will CW actually be the sovereign ?
I don't think so.
In Monaco-Matin articles, PA is described as "le Souverain".
But I don't think CW will be "la souveraine".

Moonmaiden, will CW actually be the sovereign ?
I don't think so.
In Monaco-Matin articles, PA is described as "le Souverain".
But I don't think CW will be "la souveraine".

You're correct Renata4711.

Charlene will be HSH The Princess Consort of Monaco.HSH Prince Albert II is the Sovereign Prince of Monaco,Charlene won't be the joint ruler!

It's the same interview in the same setting, only not with German "interrogators", but French ones.
I felt ever so slightly sorry for CW since she wasn't able to join in.

Maybe it will motivate CW to work harder on her French...that would certainly be my reaction.

I would hate sitting in a room full of people(including my future husband) speaking a language I didn't fully understand...it would be humiliating.

I simply can't understand why the "language problem" has not been tackled, seeing as she will have to interact with at least some of the 7000 Monegasques soon.

And, for a woman who prides herself on her looks, clothes etc., she is putting herself at an advantage whenever she has to talk to non-English speakers.

Renata4711 you know that we agree on this point...it is completely baffling.

But I don't want to be accused of taking shots at and being mean about CW...who I genuinely think is wonderful except for this one very troubling issue. WHAT ON EARTH HAS SHE BEEN DOING FOR FIVE YEARS??!

IT is a part of the interview which will be aired on july the first. Do you understand what he was saying? I doubt but I will not translate as you go on to critize Charlene Wittstock.

melina-premiere, I read French fluently but it's true that I don't understand spoken French as well as I read and write it.

But I am not marrying Prince Albert in three weeks, so it is not necessary that I speak fluently.

Just because we do not understand why she has not used her time in the Principality differently does not necessarily mean we are out to get CW.

I want her to do well, for her sake and for the sake of Monaco.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
during the last four year from 2007 when she arrived at Monaco to june 2010 date of her engagement, her future was not sure, why would have she learn french if she was not sure to stay?, she said to Figaro Madame, she understands what the persons are saying, but her french is not fluently and it will take some times to speak perfectly the french language.
In the I mn 25,the reports spoke only to the prince he asked 'what they will do after the wedding' the prince was surprised on this question and it seemed Charlene also. the prince said ' you already ask us what we will do after the wedding, but there is the wedding before- and the report said,' you know what all the people are waiting?
The prince spoke about the children and Charlene added the speech you understood because she spoke it in english.
To day, she attended a congress of Gynecology with the famous teacher Fridman, I saw her to Monaco info tv, she seemed to be well and speaking with the professor Fridman and the other doctors in which language, I do not know? I did not find any photos but she was at the tv of monaco, and this evening there is a cocktail

Hi melina-premiere...CW arrived permanently on the Rock in April of 2006. After a year or two, surely she must have had an inkling that this was no casual relationship and that she would not be resuming her swim career or moving back to South Africa.

That left about three years for her to familiarize herself with the language of the country that was for all intents and purposes her permanent residence at that point...as well as to refine her wardrobe and her outer appearance...the latter which she has done with great success.

The attitude that "well I don't know if he will propose so why bother to learn the language even though I have been here for a few years" is not a very commendable one, IMO.

I hope that she will make this a priority after her wedding...as someone else pointed out she will be interacting with her new subjects on an almost daily basis.

What better way to create immediate goodwill than learning to communicate with them in their own language?

Last edited:
there will be an another interview to morrow on rtl.Be
For the french language, when Princess Grace arrived in Monaco, she did not speak french and he took sometimes to speak french, Charlene said that she learned french, let her learn french and we will see after some years.We will see her contact after the civil wedding and we will see how she speaks, I think she speaks a little and the main words we use to communicate. But doing a speech or an interview is other thing,politics people know how it is important to say righi things in his own language and an interview must be well prepared other you can loose or you win and how it can be understand, I speak a bad english but I am not abble to answer a question in an interview and I think that Prince Albert perhaps prefers she answers in english so there is not misunderstand

I understand, and you make a good point. But Grace knew Rainier for only a few months before she married him....she did not live in the Principality for five years before her wedding.

I hope by this time next year CW will be able to give an interview in the language of her new country....it would be great to hear her!

On the corrierre della serre, there is an interview with Charlene and Albert, the title is Charlène, Alberto e la nozze dated 11 6 2011, if you find and don(t understand, I can translate you, I also speak italien language

excuse me it is corrierre della serra and not corriere della serre

Last edited by a moderator:
GYN 2011 Monaco: Gyn2011 - Monaco

9-10-11 June 2011

Is this a joke ??

Someone has made a sculpture from several speculums .... you know, the thing gynaecologists use.....

Is PA into gynaecology??

Gyn2011 - Monaco

it is not you you will judge if Charlene will be the perfect but Prince Albert and the people of Monaco.
but between us, nobody is perfect a part the saints, you like me have defaults and qualitats, we are only human people

No gyn2011 it not a joke, the prince is the president and Charlene attented to the second day, I think that gynecologie is very important for the women.
Bur Charlene began to attend to this congress, it is well and not a joke, you can see on the royal monaco riviera to day.
But as always , she is critized by the same persons. I give news for those who are interessed, for the other persons not matter

They have been dating since early 2006 ... he has never wanted anyone else has stayed by her side (never broke up like william and kate) and she has been loyally by his side all these years. They have been together for many years. Albert has certainly proved all that time how much he loves her and she him. I am sure they will be wonderfully happy together and have a lovely young family to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom