The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Nobility

Lakshmi I agree totally with your comments and those of Rosana and others. She is warmless like a dead fish and was not like this a few years ago. I happend to really like her but she is now just a cover girl for me.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince Albert has arrived at the historic Trinity College in Dublin for a visit.

Monaco's Prince Albert visits Trinity College - RT News

Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Prince Albert has arrived at the historic Trinity College in Dublin for a visit.

Monaco's Prince Albert visits Trinity College - RT News
Pictures:
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Diez Minutos" photogallery about their visit in Ireland

Alberto y Charlene, prometidos reales en viaje oficial - Monarquías - Familia Real - Diez Minutos

Billed Bladet
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Lord Mayor of Dublin hosted a civic reception for HSH Prince Albert & Ms. Charlene Wittstock at City Hall in Dublin .

Dublin City Council: State Visit to Ireland by His Serene Highness, Prince Albert II of Monaco
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

That gown is wonderful, and so is her body. The earrings: perfect. I can't understand where the deep, ingrained dislike for Charlene comes from.

I also like that she doesn't need six hairdressers. I like her hair when it is simply raked back and up.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
Charlene looked great at the state dinner. Wonderful look, a bit daring, yet elegant dress, lovely accessories. I really like it!
I agree. She does her best look in evening wear, and this time was no exception.

I think she looked smashing.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Nobility

She probably has six hairdressers when in Monaco and some stylists as well and a catalogue of Armani's and others and some spectacular jewels. She has probably more people to look after her appearance (stylist, hairdresser, jeweller, etc...) than Kate Middleton !!! for my part it's not some dislike but I dont think it's will be too difficult to smile a bit and be more interactive and display some warm attitude. She really seems unease (more than when in Japan I find) and Albert is a little responsible because he doesnt seem to take care of her when in public. I regret her choices to have done so many shooting for glamorous publications. She has an image to build before doing these things. I really liked her and was very happy when they got engaged. But I discovere a person I cant warm. I saw footage of her dated a few years ago when she was at the olympic games (dont know where I dont remember). She was funny and jovial and full of life. And now the image she gave is not a good one for me (sorry I'm very limited in english vocabulary). I saw photos from today, ... same remarks. Go to Getty images and you will see. When you are in public you have to participate with people who surrounds you. It goes both way. The evening is beautiful of course. and the jewels just right and perfect it's perfectly true.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Majesty

She is probably more reserved and ill at ease in public because she is terrified of making a mistake. I know I would be!

The wedding is getting closer, and perhaps it is beginning to dawn on her what the REALITY of her life is going to be from now on...protocol, tradition, State visits, a regimented calendar, diplomacy, religious observance.

It's more than just wearing the right clothes, and it's a far, far cry from the life of being just the Prince's girlfriend, a retired Olympic athlete.

I am sure she knows by now that the reception of her engagement interview in Nice Matin last summer wasn't exactly a "hit".

I think she is very anxious not to embarrass her new family or her new country any further. I think after the wedding and a few years have passed, we will start to see her relax into her role.

I kind of feel for her.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Here are today's pics without watermarks:

** Prince Albert II Of Monaco State Visit To Ireland - Day 2 **

** svenskdam: Bildspel: Albert och Charlene på Irland **
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Courtier

I honestly think Charlene looks lovely in whatever she chooses to wear, some moreso than others, yes, but in the end it's all good. :)

By the way, I don't know if my eyes are tricking me, but the earrings Charlene is wearing in this most recent pic ~

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at a State Dinner - Zimbio ~

sure do look like the ones that Princess Grace wore in this one: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ngr/grace4.jpg

Could they be the same pair???? If so, that tells me that Prince Albert has been gifting her some jewels already as his fiancee from his mother's collection. :)

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I agree with your last post. I too feel for her. Oddly enough she reminds me of Princess Diana in demeanor, especially during her years as a Windsor Bride and Fiancee. I find Charlene to have the same shyness, insecurity, and innocence. Whereas Kate Middleton imho is the complete opposite, full of confidence, self-assuredness, and worldly. Mayhap because she's lived with her prince longer, lol.

CHEERS TO THE FUTURE PRINCESS OF MONACO!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock and attended a Reception at Farmleigh House
myroyal's: ALBERT& CHARLENE V
Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Two photogalleries from "Pure People"

Albert de Monaco et Charlene : Un couple étincelant, ravi de prendre l'Eire !

Albert de Monaco et Charlene gardent le sourire, malgré leur course folle !
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I honestly think Charlene looks lovely in whatever she chooses to wear, some moreso than others, yes, but in the end it's all good. :)

By the way, I don't know if my eyes are tricking me, but the earrings Charlene is wearing in this most recent pic ~

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at a State Dinner - Zimbio ~

sure do look like the ones that Princess Grace wore in this one: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ngr/grace4.jpg

Could they be the same pair???? If so, that tells me that Prince Albert has been gifting her some jewels already as his fiancee from his mother's collection. :)

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I agree with your last post. I too feel for her. Oddly enough she reminds me of Princess Diana in demeanor, especially during her years as a Windsor Bride and Fiancee. I find Charlene to have the same shyness, insecurity, and innocence. Whereas Kate Middleton imho is the complete opposite, full of confidence, self-assuredness, and worldly. Mayhap because she's lived with her prince longer, lol.

CHEERS TO THE FUTURE PRINCESS OF MONACO!
Hmmm...Nadine they don't LOOK like the same earrings but I wouldn't stake my life on it...maybe they have been altered a bit and they are the same as Grace's?

I always thought they were duplicates of the Repossi earrings she wore to stunning effect at last year's Bal de la Croix Rouge, only in silver.

People tend to forget that KM and CW are only a few years apart in age. KM appears more self assured possibly because she has the advantage of a good education behind her, she is in her native land and does not have to learn a new language and perhaps she has a larger group of friends to call on than CW does. Kate is also not going to be the wife of a Head of State...at least for a long while.

CW seemed to be somewhat of a loner even before she came on the Monaco scene. She does not strike me as the type of woman to have had a large coterie of female friends for support...not really a "girly girl" at all.

Maybe that is why? What does everyone else think?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

She is truly lovely on the pix, and so smiling, it looks that she is very happy to be there !
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Well since you asked for our opinions, I will give *mine*. :)

And in my humble opinion Charlene is a lovely young woman, I have nothing bad to say about her nor any of the Princely Family of Monaco, rather I'm looking forward to there adding another member to the family.

Charlene seems to get along well with the entire family, from what I have seen, which brings me back to what Prince Albert said once ~ he wouldn't marry somebody that his sisters didn't approve of ~ to me that speaks volumes.

This is another reason why I'm so looking forward to this wedding, to see them all come together as one, just as they did for Prince Rainier's Funeral and Albert's subsequent Enthronement. They represent a close-knit family, something I personally love to see. :)

CHEERS TO THE MONACO PRINCELY FAMILY!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Nadine, I am with you...very much looking forward to having two new Royal princesses on the scene!

May I NEVER have to pick up Point de Vue again and see Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, Angelina Jolie or any other damn starlet on the cover!!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23

People tend to forget that KM and CW are only a few years apart in age. KM appears more self assured possibly because she has the advantage of a good education behind her, she is in her native land and does not have to learn a new language and perhaps she has a larger group of friends to call on than CW does. Kate is also not going to be the wife of a Head of State...at least for a long while.

Maybe that is why? What does everyone else think?
Plus at least from my perspective KM had 8 years to get used to public role and press and become comfortable... Charlene has had less time, not just because shorter relationship but also did the press/paparazzi hound her pre-engagement like KM or as much press as now? I am here and Royal fan and I wasn't aware of her until Victoria and Daniel's wedding at least.....so maybe she's still working out her public persona/role/comfortably....
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

KM's father is a millionare. She grew up in a social circle closer to royalty than CW did. CW also spent most of her life with her head in the water! Not much time for socializing when you're training for the Olympics.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Nobility

I haven't paid much attention to Charlene. Before she met Albert, was she a warm, smiley, happy individual? Occasionally, I sense something there, but mostly she looks so uncomfortable, like it hurts to smile or enjoy herself. :/ It seems like Ireland would have been one of the easier countries. Everyone is so friendly, and she speaks the language....

Closed Thread