Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information about the couple's forthcoming visit to Leeds in the UK. The article indicates that this will be the couple's first official engagement following their wedding, & replicates a previous visit by Grace & Rainier

The Yorkshire Evening Post

:previous:

Considering that the ball will take place on September 4 it looks a bit exaggerated to announce it
as the "couple’s first public engagement as husband and wife", there'll be several events to attend
between the beginning of July and the beginning of September (the IOC meeting, the Red Cross Ball
and so on)..

But thanks for sharing the article, Elly C! :flowers:

:previous:

Considering that the ball will take place on September 4 it looks a bit exaggerated to announce it
as the "couple’s first public engagement as husband and wife", there'll be several events to attend
between the beginning of July and the beginning of September (the IOC meeting, the Red Cross Ball
and so on)..

But thanks for sharing the article, Elly C! :flowers:
Yes I had to admit I thought that unless they mean the couple's first solo engagement as other members of the family attend the Ball, or even first engagement abroad - we'll soon see!

I agree with you Iceflower, it is not the first solo engagement of the couple, because there will be the ioc meeting,the gala princess Stephanie use to give for the fightAid but I don't know if the couple will be return of his honeymoon and the famous red cross ball which finishs the events of the first semestre. I think it is announced beacause Princess Grace used to go to this place but thank you for this new.

The interview given to the german tv was not entire, there were only some parts ofthe interviews that the couple gave to two tv. There were in the rooms one reporter of the DZF tv and one other of das Erste. We got later the first interview now there is the other interview they give to the reporter of the Erste .de tv.They speak of the festivities, a little of their meet, on the princess Caroline and princess Stephanie that she admires , the presence of princess William and the question of the children.I understand german .
You tube. Exkluziv; Furst albert und Charlene

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert has been fluent in German since childhood, so the interview was apparently conducted in English for CW's benefit.

CW has a very lovely, soft speaking voice.

The interview given to the german tv was not entire, there were only some parts ofthe interviews that the couple gave to two tv. There were in the rooms one reporter of the DZF tv and one other of das Erste. We got later the first interview now there is the other interview they give to the reporter of the Erste .de tv.They speak of the festivities, a little of their meet, on the princess Caroline and princess Stephanie that she admires , the presence of princess William and the question of the children.I understand german .
You tube. Exkluziv; Furst albert und Charlene

I've also seen two longer interviews on television that day, but they weren't available
on the internet on Thursday, this link includes one of the reports with longer interview
parts, I guess that's the one you've seen as well:

YouTube - ‪Exklusiv Fürst Albert & Charlene‬‏

When did they take this interview exactly?

The exact date wasn't given, but they reports implied it was recent.

Yes, it is this I found on You tube, I thingh that it was the same day, the two reports one of Mediathek and the other of das Erste were in the same room and the prince and Charlène are on the same armchairs. I saw also one where Prince Albert spoke about the fact that Monaco is no more on the black list of the blanchiement of money

I understand a little german language, it is said that the wedding will be soon in the six weeks , the interviews were perhaps a week ago

Yes, it is this I found on You tube, I thingh that it was the same day, the two reports one of Mediathek and the other of das Erste were in the same room and the prince and Charlène are on the same armchairs. I saw also one where Prince Albert spoke about the fact that Monaco is no more on the black list of the blanchiement of money

There may be a little misunderstanding about the German TV interview.

There has only been one interview, not more. One interviewer was from German TV programme ARD, the other one from
the programme ZDF, they were sitting next to each other and both were asking questions. In the end the two TV
programmes have cut together their own reports with both differing and overlapping excerpts, but they did not have
two different interviews!

There may be a little misunderstanding about the German TV interview.

There has only been one interview, not more. One interviewer was from German TV programme ARD, the other one from
the programme ZDF, they were sitting next to each other and both were asking questions. In the end the two TV
programmes have cut together their own reports with both differing and overlapping excerpts, but they did not have
two different interviews!

Exactly!
Two different editings of the same interview

Iceflower is right ! (as usual :)
I kept looking at the clips, and they are indeed one and the same interview.
Regarding the "translation", I think CW would not want "weird" children, but perhaps "unusual" children.....

The interview with Charlene and PA, Sunday, May 22nd, 2011, 9h56

"The real risk would be not to be myself"

Tea time in the Palace gardens ........ Charlene offers the interviewer something to drink .... in English .... PA arrives .....
Interviewer wants to know what she is doing with herself every day.
"I like to be outside .... going out to go to Cap d'Ail .... to Roc Agel.... play golf at Mont Agel.

How does she cope with the media pressure? Okay. I'm concentrating on positive things.

And PA: he views things serenely...

Interview de Charlene Wittstock : "Le vrai risque serait de ne pas être moi-même" | Nice-Matin

Last edited:
So the article expresses the opinion that she is not afraid to speak French...but uses English for now because she wants to be "precise" and not be misunderstood.

This is perfectly understandable for some who is still learning a new language, imo.

So the article expresses the opinion that she is not afraid to speak French...but uses English for now because she wants to be "precise" and not be misunderstood.

This is perfectly understandable for some who is still learning a new language, imo.

After five years living in a french speaking country?!? Anyone would be completely fluent and proficient after all this time, may be with an accent, but anyway...

Last edited:
Oh, really. I am an American and many different nationalities come here to live. English is difficult for those who come as adults. I, believe, that holds true for most places.

After five years living in a french speaking country?!? Anyone would be completely fluent and proficient after all this time, may be with an accent, but anyway...

That's right! Grace steps off a boat days before her wedding, where she became pregnant on her honeymoon--I remember seeing footage of Grace and Rainier in their car at the time of her first pregnancy where she is being asked impromptu questions in French by a reporters, and she's able to both understand and respond intelligently (like an adult) in a nice enough accent, in less than nine months of stepping off a boat and arriving in Monaco. But then it would seem that Albert nor the palace ever seemed to have a problem with Charlene's lack of initiative....a woman that has been on their payroll for many years, who still couldn't be bothered to learn French....after five years of chomping at the bit to be the Princess of Monaco? :ermm: One would think that is the very least she could do while she expected to be involved in Albert's life after all these years, plus she might have actually had something of mention to tell reporters about how she spends her days, other than amusing herself on Albert's money. What was it that she said about the Monegasque people not liking her? "That's to be expected!" Really....you think?????? :rolleyes: Gee, I can't understand why this girl isn't more popular? :ermm:

Albert has been fluent in German since childhood, so the interview was apparently conducted in English for CW's benefit.

CW has a very lovely, soft speaking voice.

I thought he learned German in College?

I have said it before it is not easy marrying a high profile family let alone such a beautiful one. We all know the stories of many Princess' who have been effected by such preasure but I wish she was stong enough to have the faith in her natural beauty. She looks odd at the moment and I find it difficult to warm to her.

Princess Grace stopped speaking in French to French reporters. They were always trying to play " gotcha" with her. There is a big difference between speaking a language conversationally and speaking as a representative of a country. It takes many, many years to learn all of the slang and nuances of a foreign language. It's not just a matter of a literal translation. There is a big difference even between British and American. A Brit using the terms "fag" and asking "to knock you up in the morning" might result in the Brit being punched out by the American. Even PC, who speaks excellent English, raised alot of American eyebrows, in her Barbara Walters interview, when she said her mother "was full of it". She meant full of humor, but that is American slang for "full of **." Many wars have been started by simple misunderstandings between languages and cultures. I think we should cut Charlene some slack on the language issue. I get the impression she is trying to learn the language, but I doubt she will ever do interviews other than in English, even after she is fluent in French.

Oh, I agree with you completely! But the fact is that after five years she has NOT mastered the language, for whatever reason. :sad:

So I can completely understand her not being willing to conduct an interview in French until she is certain of not making embarrassing mistakes.(see FanofMonaco's EXCELLENTpost above!)

I thought he learned German in College?

During a visit to the U.S. in 1961-1962(it was a private visit to the Kellys) a Palace spokesman told LIFE magazine that little Caroline and Albert were both fluent in French, English and German.

It was accompanied by a photo of the children taken in the back of a limousine.

I very clearly remember reading it a few years ago when I was browsing periodicals at the library.:)

It doesn't matter how well you know a language if you haven't lived there for a long time you don't understand all of the localisms. I know Americans who have gone overseas in the military. They say when they return they feel like they are in a foreign country. Everything, the fads, the humor, has changed. Imagine what it is like to move to a new country where the culture and language is totally different. Monaco, in a way, may be more difficult. Everybody speaks English so you are not forced to learn like you would somewhere else.

She seems really happy and prepared for her role, good for her can't fault someone from enjoying their life. But she should stop fooling with with mother nature...

Ive seen the german interview...he doesn't seem happy...just blahhh...on the other hand she is excited, happy, can't wait to have children...did anyone else pick up on that?

Ive seen the german interview...he doesn't seem happy...just blahhh...on the other hand she is excited, happy, can't wait to have children...did anyone else pick up on that?

On the other hand...I have NEVER seen video or photos of PA coming off as "excited" about anything...:lol:

Last edited:
Unhappy? What is he unhappy about if he is marrying the woman he loves?

If this is not making him happy why would he marry the lady?

The fact that he is marrying her must make him HAPPY. I am sure he would not marry anyone he did not love.

Well, he did state that he didn't know if she was his soulmate.
Anyway, i don't think these two are getting married for love, but business. Which is not wrong. But love? People almost don't marry for love anymore.

I disagree...I think people still marry for love.

I just think as you mature things that might have been important 10 to 20 years ago, are not anymore. You might be looking for companionship instead of adventure IMO.

I don't know why people are expecting Albert and Charlene to act like Victoria and Daniel. People express themselves differently.

Again, I think Charlene came off a little bit more natural in this interview. I like her hair, can't tell its hair pieces or its just growing. If so, I think that is going to be a nice look for the wedding.

Its a shame she didn't make it to London for the Chelesa Flower show. That would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom