The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

i just watched the video interview and he looks nervious, irritated and he keeps saying i don't know, i don't know. oppsie, not goood, this is definately not a "love match".

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Administrator

But who said it was a love match?

Albert and Charlene have been very smart, not once have they mentioned love.

If they are okay with it, why does it bother everyone else?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps he just viewed the question as one that was no ones elses damn business and was being as polite as he could without telling the reporter to go to hell. He is under no obligation to bare his soul to the press.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
oh my, stuter or not, that's not cool, people usually say exactly what they mean escpecially when there caught off guard. for al to say "it feels comfortable, you know" "then that's the right person for you at that time" and that he doesn't know if she's he's soul mate "yet"... if my fiance said that i would be all over him, it's almost like he's not sure about marrying her, but oh well he's going to go through with it. I hope Charlene has her eyes wide open! :(
Have you ever had a stutter? I did and I went to a speech therapist to fix my stutter problem but If I'm caught off guard on a question or I feel uncomfortable about it it's hard to say what I want to say and express myself, so I understand why he answered the way he did...
Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

People express themselves in their own way. Better to be comfortable, which is a warm word, then "WOW, she the hottest chick...." He has no reason, no may be comfortable with publicly discussing his feelings. He is, also, at a mature point of his life, where all these twardy expressions are not part of his vernacular. I have been married twice. To my first husband for 28 years until he died in my arms and my second husband for almost 20 years. Until you are, really, together for a long time, you may or not be soul mates and what does that expression mean anyway? It is just prattle by insecure people who need thwir ego's massaged.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Serene Highness

Why are we so criticed when we say there is nothing in this relationship, not a hint of love? if this is not a love match, this is an agrement, arrangement, contract, call it whatever you want. CW is the one who´s losing most. She´s losing the chance to really know a true love, only for a whim.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Why are we so criticed when we say there is nothing in this relationship
No one is criticized, the only one who criticizes at the moment is you. It's an
open discussion with many interesting points also including the possibility that
the relationship may be more an equitable decision than a 100% love match.
Things are not black or white, there are many different shades here and
everywhere.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Why are we so criticed when we say there is nothing in this relationship, not a hint of love? if this is not a love match, this is an agrement, arrangement, contract, call it whatever you want. CW is the one who´s losing most. She´s losing the chance to really know a true love, only for a whim.
Isnt most royal marriages are a form of a agreement of some type. This has been going on since the beginning of time.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Isnt most royal marriages are a form of a agreement of some type. This has been going on since the beginning of time.
I think you can say the same of all marriages, royal or not. Two people decide that for various reasons they can make a life together. "Love" is a word that different people would define in different ways at different points in their lives.

Quote:
Why are we so criticed when we say there is nothing in this relationship, not a hint of love? .
Could be because unless you are behind the palace walls, watching them 24/7 and listening to their private conversations you have no clue as to the nature of their relationship.
I would draw the comparison to how people talked about how happy and in love Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra of Denmark were, based on photographs of the couple, and then they were so shocked when the couple announced they were divorcing.
Photographs do not tell they whole story about anyone, they represent only a second in time.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is the same persons who critice Charlene Wittstock for the beginning of his story whith Prince Albert (read the old boards), they did not know her, but they criticed , they did not give her a little chance. (She is no more here, it's over, oh she is here, he will never marry her and so and so). now they are engaged, that is not a love match ah he says that he don't know if she is her soul mate but these persons don't say that he also said that they get along wonderfully and it feels confortableand he knows that is the right person.For me this is a good ground for a weedding, We know them only by the photos, we cannot judge if they are in love or not, but stop to the critics, they will marry soon, we will see a baeutiful weedding, perhaps soon cute kids on the balcon of the palace and we will forgiven all this critics
Old 09-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
No one is criticized, the only one who criticizes at the moment is you.

You will have to revise older posts. I have been critiziced for my opinion.
The fact that most of you do not agree with my point of view that this is not a love story but a cheap farse, does not make my comments "criticism", but opinions.
But good comments are welcome and not good ones are considered bashing.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Moderator - maybe all of the opinions about Prince Albert's relationship with his fiance Charlene belong on the "Prince Albert and Charlene's relationship" thread, not current events. We all got sidetracked.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Perhaps he just viewed the question as one that was no ones elses damn business and was being as polite as he could without telling the reporter to go to hell. He is under no obligation to bare his soul to the press.
I hate it when journalists are presumptuous enough to ask a Royal couple that question "Are you in love?"

How the hell did it start...with Charles and Diana??

Just once I want someone to give them a cold stare or even respond with

"It's none of your damned business!"
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Moonmaiden23, in this video, Prince Albert philosophied on the particula rite of each person, and Journalist askes suddenly"Is Charlene W your soulmate.?It was not the subject, Ido not see Prince Albert, sayinf Yes she's my love, I see stars in her eyes, he is a prince, he is very reserved and he is 52 years. He answered only we get wonderfully and it feels confortable, i know she's the right person.Look at the all video, in this video, he says also, patners complete them and they are unique. We do not listen in english, the sound is very low, but it is translate in german language. In this video, Charlene seems to be very happy, she answers to the journalist and she smiles and laughts.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

You might consider it was asked because Charlene told the press they were soul mates when she appeared at the Olympics in 2006.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

At the beginning, Charlene could have say "we are soul mate", she was enthousiast, but the world soul mate is nothing, if you are well together, if you understand your partner, you have the same idea of living, you can say you are loving your fiance or husband, I was married whit my man 40 years ( who is dead last year), ican say that it was marvellous years, but my man was not my soul mate, he was different of me. I understand Prince Albert, he doest not show his feelings, but when they are in holidays, he takes her han, he kisses her,( look at them at Capri)But when they are in public, they are correct, and it is well
Old 09-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't understand the sourness toward Charlene. She has done nothing to warrant all the nit-picking that's going on.

As for Albert being her "soul mate" well, that may be the case, but not everyone marries their "soul mate." I have a "soul mate" and she's a woman. We are not lesbian, she just understands me better than anyone else I've ever met.

I just don't get it. The majority just "love" the badly behaved sisters of Prince Albert, but constantly criticize the woman he intends to marry.

I don't think it is a "cheap farce." Two people have agreed to marry...Is there something I'm missing?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Let's move on to the Current Events of Albert and Charlene.

If you wish to discuss the specifics of their relationship, whether or not they are in love or soulmates, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-16492-65.html .

Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince Albert II of Monaco came, with fiancee Charlene Wittstock, at the famous 'Hotel de Paris' in Monte-Carlo for a Gala dinner for The Ireland Fund Monaco.
October 09,2010

Belga picture gallery:

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice pix... nice outfit... happy to see her again !

Closed Thread