The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

"Unattractive" in what way?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
Here's an article from the Huffington Post with pics on the garden fete: Charlene Wittstock & Prince Albert Spotted In The Hamptons (PHOTOS)
Lovely pix thanks, she is beautiful !

Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

They seem to be such a happy couple. Charlene looks so pretty in that beautiful blue dress.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I've only just realised that the Youth Olympics are starting on 14th August in Singapore, and that four young people from Monaco are taking part, one of them being Pauline Ducruet !!

Are Albert and Charlene likely to attend and cheer the Monegasque team?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Aristocracy

The more I see Charlene the more I like her. I think she will surprise us.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I've only just realised that the Youth Olympics are starting on 14th August in Singapore, and that four young people from Monaco are taking part, one of them being Pauline Ducruet !!

Are Albert and Charlene likely to attend and cheer the Monegasque team?
Here is the article from the local paper about the 4 athletes with a pic of Albert with Pauline. I think I have read elsewhere that Charlene & Albert will be in attendance
Nice Matin
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like how she looks. More natural. I don't know, maybe because she doesn't have a lot of make up.
She looks nice there.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene looks totally bored to me. They are unattractive in these photos. They both look washed out, he's fatter than ever and she needs more makeup. Maybe it was something they ate.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

I find that she always has this same look, beehive hairstyle and her head cocked to one side. I don't know if this is her "signature look" but she looks boring.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

I like how there's a bit of mystery surrounding Charlene, she's not open to the press and she definitely doesn't act like a commoner, she acts very dignified. She has potential to be more royal than some born royals!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Jonc93, that's the first time I have read about the potential to be more royal than the seasoned royals.
But you may well have a point - Charlene has certainly learnt some lessons on how to dress up when in the company of royals - see the Swedish wedding.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can see ladies dressed in other colours if you look at the photo on the left side. Also, if she had committed a faux pas, wouldn't it have been seized upon in the accompanying press footage?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Exactly in this photo we can see another lady wearing yellow.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

According to the NY Times Magazine Blog, the dress code was white with floral accents. Charlene's dress should fit the bill then as it has white with floral accents. If you look in the Huffington Post pics, there is also a woman in the background who has white with floral prints too.

Quote Unquote | No Shirt, No Dice - T Magazine Blog - NYTimes.com

The Fabulous Report also has a copy of the invitation, which provides the same dress code. Louis Vuitton Midsummer Garden Fete | The Fabulous Report
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Same event in the Hamptons and there were woman with no white in their dresses.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

so we can officially say the theme wasn't all white.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia is listed as being a member of the the Princess Grace Foundation committee.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
so we can officially say the theme wasn't all white.
I think it would be better to say in some cases it was ignored.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

I think because of the way that Albert was very evasive to the press for years and how they both sued magazines last year for calling Charlene his girlfriend, the media is not interested in their "great love affair and engagement". He paraded her around to early and to long without a commitment and so most people are not interested. Their relationship is already stale. Most of us thaught that he was never going to marry her. It seems to be a quickly put together after thought. That's the way I see it.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

I agree Bahamagirl. It was like "thinking too much". They have known for so long, and he doens´t have much time to spare, and he´s not a young man already. He has even dated other women when he was seeing CW. She must be a very ambitious woman to bear all that. As for Albert, after having lived as a play boy all his life, he came to a point in which: "well, If I have to marry someone".

Closed Thread