Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 4 (Aug. 2008 - June 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!

Last edited:
Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.

Don't get me wrong.....I actually thinks she looks great. That type of dress is made for a woman of Charlene's physical type.

However, its not appropriate IMO. And not to do a comparison...but I can't imagine any of the current crop of Princesses wearing such a thing in public. Key word public....if they were at a private party....thats one thing. I can't imagine any citizen of Monaco would be excited to see a potential Princess where such a dress.

Maybe I am showing my age. But that's just me. When I think of people getting all excited because other people show a hint of clevage and we see this? Nope not getting it.

And she looks like the is fitting in with the crowd. Albert still looks underdressed compared to the other men. He couldn't find a nice casual suit with no tie?

Last edited:
Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!

Well, it was taken at a small Italian restaurant. Charlene is actually over-dressed. It seems the event was more casual. Still the bodice of this dress is inappropriate except as you indicated above.

I completely agree with Zonk, the outfit is unsuitable for a girlfriend of a Head of State. I can't believe Charlene has "cheapened" her appearance to the level of Hollywood C-celebs, I can easily imagine Lindsay Lohan in such an outfit (don't get me wrong it's not about the dress itself but about what is being exposed).

With her connections to top class designers and her looks Charlene has the potential to look absolutely stunning. Yes she is a "girlfriend only" but it's a shame that she choses to fit the cliche of celeb girlfriends / wifes who are with older and influential men (so called sugar-daddys - Elisabetta Briatore comes to my mind), showing off body features that might not be god-given and nobody really wants to see (at least not in royalty).

Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.
The dress is absolutely inappropriate. To be sexy and CW is not in this attire one does not have to reveal a neckline or cleavage plunging to the navel with evident reference to the breasts. There is no mystery left here.
Like I have said a thousand times I have hardly ever seen this lady with long sleeves ever. Miss Wittstock is alluring without revealing that much.

Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.

http://i33.tinypic.com/34xkqhi.jpg
I am speechless. The neckline :ohmy: I can't believe what Charlene finally has transformed into, hard to believe it's actually her. Sad to see, really.

lol I think she's become at one with Monaco, fashion and all. Actually it's not too bad a number because she doesn't have an enormous bust bursting out of it like you see when US celebrities wear those dresses.

Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.
We are not discussing the other royals and I do not know of innumerable men who are panting to see the hostess companion of ahead of a head of state with that much cleavage.
Charlene has an 'androgynous physique" sadly that makes her masculine looking and sadly reaching in the extreme directons to appear the opposite.This is a "sleazy" dress and a bad wardrobe choice.
But I guess if it "pleases" you with contemptuous favouritism over the 'all' the other ladies then you can imagine what this has come to. I had no idea CW had to show various parts of her anatomy while time is on her side as you explain and or in in any capacity. I thought more of her than that in liking and respecting all that I do know and see so far.

Not very flattering with those shoulder I think, she looks like Stephanie when young and it is not a compliment

I suppose Stephanie and Charlene both have athletic bodies - which is not their fault.
Showing lots of cleavage has become almost commonplace, and not just for women in the public eye.
But sadly I have to agree that, whichever way one looks at it, it is hardly becoming the companion of a Prince.

A lot a straight men actually like a woman with an athletic physique, just as a lot of straight women like a man with an athletic physique.

After she came to terms by now that he´ll never marry her she may have decided to adapt her fashion style to the one of a "girlfriend" and no longer of a "future princess"....

A lot a straight men actually like a woman with an athletic physique, just as a lot of straight women like a man with an athletic physique.

I think there is a difference between Athletic physique (toned, sculpted muscles like Daryl Torres the swimmer) and a boyish figure which is a woman with no hips, waist etc. I think most people are referring to Charlene as falling into the later catagory. Armani tends to like his "models" to have that boyish no hip no waist look which I assume is why she is currently wearing his fashions. As for the bodice, I think Sophia Loren knew how to play without exposing herself and that is why she's an icon. JMO

I think there is a difference between Athletic physique (toned, sculpted muscles like Daryl Torres the swimmer) and a boyish figure which is a woman with no hips, waist etc. I think most people are referring to Charlene as falling into the later catagory. Armani tends to like his "models" to have that boyish no hip no waist look which I assume is why she is currently wearing his fashions. As for the bodice, I think Sophia Loren knew how to play without exposing herself and that is why she's an icon. JMO
Thank you hibou. I know of no man on the planet that does not like or love Sophia. In fact the time before the last time at the Oscars when she presented an Oscar to a fellow Italian she was dressed in Armani.
The dress was black and at the cleavage she had him interstingly cover it with two bands that criss crossed. The dress also had long sleeves.
She looked amazing.Goddess Icon.
With curves she wore Armani and so does Caudia Cardinale.
So I think you are in fact correct but these ladies seem to pull things off with aplomb.
CW hardly has ever shown modesty in not baring herself or the discreet touch of experienced and savvy Sophia.

Let's please get back to the topic of this thread...the current events!

Thanks! :flowers:

If he wanted to marry her he would have done it by now. I think you will just have to settle for what you see is what you get. Until the palace makes an announcment, it is what it is. Just accept it.

It is possible he thinks he is 24 yrs old like the other princes in Europe who dated their partners for four or five yrs before announcing any marriage plans? He seems to enjoy his life and plan things and saved her in his mind until his disapproving father was gone to bring her back into the forefront of his life. Or, he's biding his time until the true love of his life shows up, like many people in this world do.

I would like to know what event they will both be at next. Does anyone know? I enjoy watching the clothes and I like seeing P-A do great new things, like with the environment.

I hope to see him more involved in Human Rights issues like his mother was or at least end up with someone who is. This world needs some positive pushes in the right directions.

Evangeline

They look good, I can't appreciate too much the pics beacause of the watermarks, but they seem to be ok. Thanks for the pics.

It is possible he thinks he is 24 yrs old like the other princes in Europe who dated their partners for four or five yrs before announcing any marriage plans? He seems to enjoy his life and plan things and saved her in his mind until his disapproving father was gone to bring her back into the forefront of his life. Or, he's biding his time until the true love of his life shows up, like many people in this world do.

I would like to know what event they will both be at next. Does anyone know? I enjoy watching the clothes and I like seeing P-A do great new things, like with the environment.

I hope to see him more involved in Human Rights issues like his mother was or at least end up with someone who is. This world needs some positive pushes in the right directions.

Evangeline

Was his father disapproving? Of Charlene I mean?
As for the activism, pushing the green goals are probably alot easier than going for human rights. It is alot harder to tell if you're not getting anywhere with the environment, and pretty much everyone agrees to the principle behind it. You start talking about protecting people rather than the environment and the next thing you know very rich and powerful countries that the European economy depends on start becoming very cross with you. He's probably also not as worried about persecuted Iranians or Tibetans as he is with the sea level rising and wiping out his whole country. Though I'm sure he is sympathetic, don't get me wrong.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Pics 11.12.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock at the 2009
FIA prize presentation gala in Monaco December 11, 2009.

On pic 3 you can see a solar car, the Nuna 5.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Albert and Charlene both look terrific. Nice pics. :flowers:
The guy with them is the Monaco Grand Prix 2009 winner? He looks familiar but I don't remember him :p

It delights me to see the photographic proof that they are still together, thanks so much !

What the arrogant face Charlene has in pic 1 posted by Florencia. Her face says: Look at me, I am with a prince.
Her face is so wrinkled, she has as many wrinkles as Albert. :p But PA is 20 years older...

Not sure about the wrinkles, but I agree with Lakshmi about CW's somewhat proprietorial manner......
But then, what harm is there in it??

What the arrogant face Charlene has in pic 1 posted by Florencia. Her face says: Look at me, I am with a prince.
Her face is so wrinkled, she has as many wrinkles as Albert. :p But PA is 20 years older...
Perhaps what you see as arrogance is just Cw being a bit of a brat- in the good sense. Or perhaps she finds the cameras want too many pics. But as far as wrinkles go I cannot see any on her face that noticably make her look Pa's age which is preposterously twenty years older.Cw does not look fifty, she looks thirty. I think the only thing wrong is that she needs a little powder to make her complexion less shiny in areas..

I totally disagree. I don't see any arrogance in that photo. She looks fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom