The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Gentry

There was an article in Time not long ago about an exclusive language school in the south of France, where Charlene is reportedly taking an intensive course in French to prepare for her future role. Charlene, "whose engagement to Prince Albert is said to be imminent," is, according to the article, "making rapid progress" (Link).

Edited to add: I have just read the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. I am relatively new to the forum and I was not aware until now of the rumours about Charlene taking French classes. I hope this post is not against the rules. Time is a serious magazine and I consider it a credible source.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Z. View Post
There was an article in Time not long ago about an exclusive language school in the south of France, where Charlene is reportedly taking an intensive course in French to prepare for her future role. Charlene, "whose engagement to Prince Albert is said to be imminent," is, according to the article, "making rapid progress" (Link).

Edited to add: I have just read the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. I am relatively new to the forum and I was not aware until now of the rumours about Charlene taking French classes. I hope this post is not against the rules. Time is a serious magazine and I consider it a credible source.
Anna, I cannot find a date when this one was published. Would be interesting to know, if this info is new or rather old.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Gentry

I found the article through Google News (Link), it says it was published on 15 December 2008.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

If you open this Time article about Charlene's French lessons, please look at the browser, it shows that article is from 2007. They are just re-posting the article.
2007/article/0,28804,1717144_1860337_1860336,00.html

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Pics 29.12.2008

Albert and Charlene are in the Dominican Republic at
the moment. You can see Charlene on the second pic.

A handout photo provided by Dominican Presidency shows Dominican
President, Leonel Fernandez, speaking with Prince Albert II of Monaco
in Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic, 29 December 2008, after they
inaugurated the works of Punta Perla Caribbean Golf, Marina & Resort
touristic project in Punta Cana, east of the country.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Is this really her? It does not say in caption. It seems like her. She has quite nice and appropriate outfit for this occasion, since Albert is also casually dressed. But it is IMO against protocol to take girlfriend or supposed girlfriend on official trip. But it is not Charlene to be blamed in this case.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Old 12-31-2008, 03:39 AM
Administrator

I've copied the caption of the first pic, but in the second caption
she wasn't mentioned either. Nevertheless I'm quite sure it's her,
I don't think that my eyes are deceiving me
The trip to the Dominican Republic has not been announced as an
official visit, so I guess that they had planned some private Christmas
holidays there and the official visit with the inauguration was included.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Prince Albert and Charlene visited a friend in Bariloche (Argentina) yesterday. After that, they travelled to Puerto Montt, Chile.
Un príncipe pasó por Bariloche
Old 01-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Courtier

Photo Gallery of Prince Albert & Charlene in the launch of the Dominican tourist complex in Punta Cana last Monday. (click on 'Leonel y príncipe Mónaco abren proyecto en Bávaro')
Inician complejo turĂ*stico - Hoy Digital
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

There was a picture of Albert in Monaco when he went for the traditional first dip of the New Year. How many places can he be in at the same time?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
How many places can he be in at the same time?
I believe Prince Albert and his twin, Albie, can be in three places at the same time.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There was a picture of Albert in Monaco when he went for the traditional first dip of the New Year. How many places can he be in at the same time?
What "dip" do you mean, Odette? His bath in the mediterranean sea?
If so, that has taken place on December 24, it's been the 4th edition
of the traditional charity Christmas Bath, organised by TATSA Association,
Thai After Tsunami Schooling Aid. Pics can be found in Albert's current
events thread
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

So, please tell me what's goin on bewteen them?
Officially not married couple but official couple who can be treated as something like marriege and invate for official events...
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
What "dip" do you mean, Odette? His bath in the mediterranean sea?
I meant the one "dip" they take the first of the year and afterwards he was dressed like a Santa Claus. Was that held on the 24th of December? If I am not mistaken the photo was at the latest "Hello" magazine.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

The beach party was the 24th at lavaretto someone mentioned.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I meant the one "dip" they take the first of the year and afterwards he was dressed like a Santa Claus. Was that held on the 24th of December? If I am not mistaken the photo was at the latest "Hello" magazine.
I know the hellomagazine pic you mentioned, Odette, it was taken on
December 24, maybe you've misunderstood something as it's not a
New Year's bath or the first bath of the year, it's a Christmas event

Well, let's get back on topic as this is Prince Albert's and Charlene Wittstock's current events thread
Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Commoner

I believe I read that PA is on his way to Antarctica. Is Charlene going with him?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

lyraedro, I have the same question.
I am sure that we will see her in pics if she accompanies Albert. Probably tomorrow we will know; I think that first pics from PA trip to south pole should appear by then.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Courtier

According to this article Charlene arrives to Santiago de Chile today and is travelling to Montevideo (Uruguay) next Monday.

index
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is obvious that he wants a lady but not a wife.....

Closed Thread