The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Charlene's wikipedia page has now deleted the part about her relationship with Albert. The reason given in the editor page states gossip and speculation.
__________________

  #322  
Old 10-03-2009, 04:36 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Iceflower I think the trip to Tuscany is more than a couple of weeks ago. I saw these photos about a month ago. I could be mistaken, but they were in Tuscany not too long after the St. Tropez photos were taken.
I'm sure that the pics were taken in September, as I have the whole
mag and read the article about them. Amely now posted some additional
pics with the date September 8th, that seems to be corresponding.
It's quite possible that they've made several different trips during the
summer
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #323  
Old 10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 478
There is a short article in our local magazine - YOU magazine about Albert & Charlene in Italy. They apparently joined in the festivities at a party at their favourite restaurant and danced and had fun.
The photos just show them dancing together and Albert blowing out a cake with a dark-haired woman and two men.

Albert is wearing a blue patterned shirt and Charlene is wearing a black halter-neck dress.

(I don't know which agency the photos are from or when they were taken)

Perhaps someone who has access to the news/photo agencies will be able to find them
  #324  
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Amely's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
There is a short article in our local magazine - YOU magazine about Albert & Charlene in Italy. They apparently joined in the festivities at a party at their favourite restaurant and danced and had fun.
The photos just show them dancing together and Albert blowing out a cake with a dark-haired woman and two men.

Albert is wearing a blue patterned shirt and Charlene is wearing a black halter-neck dress.

(I don't know which agency the photos are from or when they were taken)

Perhaps someone who has access to the news/photo agencies will be able to find them

Scan from Bunte # 39 (17.9.2009)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7707/img522.jpg
  #325  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,684
Thanks for sharing that nice scan, Amely!

The pics were taken on August 25, they attended the
40th birthday of a famous Italian restaurant.

Here are a few more pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #326  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Amely's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thanks for sharing that nice scan, Amely!

The pics were taken on August 25, they attended the
40th birthday of a famous Italian restaurant.

Here are a few more pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Wonderful photos, thanks




More photos

Gallery http://img379.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=650165057.jpg
  #327  
Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 AM
DuedePhiladelphia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
I dont get it-- just marry Charlene- she is getting all the perks as a princess- being presented with a bouquet! She could have let that top at home-IMO
Serene Highness- make her your bride--get on with it!
  #328  
Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
I dont get it-- just marry Charlene- she is getting all the perks as a princess- being presented with a bouquet! She could have let that top at home-IMO
Serene Highness- make her your bride--get on with it!
If he wanted to marry her he would have done it by now. I think you will just have to settle for what you see is what you get. Until the palace makes an announcment, it is what it is. Just accept it.
  #329  
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
For me, they won't get married. They would have done it by now.
Albert has said many times he has no interest in marriage. He and Charlene seem ok as they are now. Besides, Albert has no worries when it comes to an heir: he has his big sister, and her children.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #330  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
http://i33.tinypic.com/34xkqhi.jpg
I am speechless. The neckline I can't believe what Charlene finally has transformed into, hard to believe it's actually her. Sad to see, really.
  #331  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!
__________________
.

  #332  
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.
  #333  
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Don't get me wrong.....I actually thinks she looks great. That type of dress is made for a woman of Charlene's physical type.


However, its not appropriate IMO. And not to do a comparison...but I can't imagine any of the current crop of Princesses wearing such a thing in public. Key word public....if they were at a private party....thats one thing. I can't imagine any citizen of Monaco would be excited to see a potential Princess where such a dress.

Maybe I am showing my age. But that's just me. When I think of people getting all excited because other people show a hint of clevage and we see this? Nope not getting it.

And she looks like the is fitting in with the crowd. Albert still looks underdressed compared to the other men. He couldn't find a nice casual suit with no tie?
__________________
.

  #334  
Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!
Well, it was taken at a small Italian restaurant. Charlene is actually over-dressed. It seems the event was more casual. Still the bodice of this dress is inappropriate except as you indicated above.
  #335  
Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
I completely agree with Zonk, the outfit is unsuitable for a girlfriend of a Head of State. I can't believe Charlene has "cheapened" her appearance to the level of Hollywood C-celebs, I can easily imagine Lindsay Lohan in such an outfit (don't get me wrong it's not about the dress itself but about what is being exposed).

With her connections to top class designers and her looks Charlene has the potential to look absolutely stunning. Yes she is a "girlfriend only" but it's a shame that she choses to fit the cliche of celeb girlfriends / wifes who are with older and influential men (so called sugar-daddys - Elisabetta Briatore comes to my mind), showing off body features that might not be god-given and nobody really wants to see (at least not in royalty).
  #336  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.
The dress is absolutely inappropriate. To be sexy and CW is not in this attire one does not have to reveal a neckline or cleavage plunging to the navel with evident reference to the breasts. There is no mystery left here.
Like I have said a thousand times I have hardly ever seen this lady with long sleeves ever. Miss Wittstock is alluring without revealing that much.
  #337  
Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.
  #338  
Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://i33.tinypic.com/34xkqhi.jpg
I am speechless. The neckline I can't believe what Charlene finally has transformed into, hard to believe it's actually her. Sad to see, really.
lol I think she's become at one with Monaco, fashion and all. Actually it's not too bad a number because she doesn't have an enormous bust bursting out of it like you see when US celebrities wear those dresses.
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #339  
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.
We are not discussing the other royals and I do not know of innumerable men who are panting to see the hostess companion of ahead of a head of state with that much cleavage.
Charlene has an 'androgynous physique" sadly that makes her masculine looking and sadly reaching in the extreme directons to appear the opposite.This is a "sleazy" dress and a bad wardrobe choice.
But I guess if it "pleases" you with contemptuous favouritism over the 'all' the other ladies then you can imagine what this has come to. I had no idea CW had to show various parts of her anatomy while time is on her side as you explain and or in in any capacity. I thought more of her than that in liking and respecting all that I do know and see so far.
  #340  
Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,363
Not very flattering with those shoulder I think, she looks like Stephanie when young and it is not a compliment
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 808 07-01-2011 01:06 PM
Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 : Jan.2008 - Aug.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 08-03-2008 03:26 AM
Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : Oct.2007 - Jan.2008 Zonk Current Events Archive 209 01-30-2008 06:46 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises