The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene's wikipedia page has now deleted the part about her relationship with Albert. The reason given in the editor page states gossip and speculation.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Iceflower I think the trip to Tuscany is more than a couple of weeks ago. I saw these photos about a month ago. I could be mistaken, but they were in Tuscany not too long after the St. Tropez photos were taken.
I'm sure that the pics were taken in September, as I have the whole
mag and read the article about them. Amely now posted some additional
pics with the date September 8th, that seems to be corresponding.
It's quite possible that they've made several different trips during the
summer

Old 10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Nobility

There is a short article in our local magazine - YOU magazine about Albert & Charlene in Italy. They apparently joined in the festivities at a party at their favourite restaurant and danced and had fun.
The photos just show them dancing together and Albert blowing out a cake with a dark-haired woman and two men.

Albert is wearing a blue patterned shirt and Charlene is wearing a black halter-neck dress.

(I don't know which agency the photos are from or when they were taken)

Perhaps someone who has access to the news/photo agencies will be able to find them
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
There is a short article in our local magazine - YOU magazine about Albert & Charlene in Italy. They apparently joined in the festivities at a party at their favourite restaurant and danced and had fun.
The photos just show them dancing together and Albert blowing out a cake with a dark-haired woman and two men.

Albert is wearing a blue patterned shirt and Charlene is wearing a black halter-neck dress.

(I don't know which agency the photos are from or when they were taken)

Perhaps someone who has access to the news/photo agencies will be able to find them

Scan from Bunte # 39 (17.9.2009)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7707/img522.jpg
Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that nice scan, Amely!

The pics were taken on August 25, they attended the
40th birthday of a famous Italian restaurant.

Here are a few more pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thanks for sharing that nice scan, Amely!

The pics were taken on August 25, they attended the
40th birthday of a famous Italian restaurant.

Here are a few more pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Wonderful photos, thanks

More photos

Gallery http://img379.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=650165057.jpg
Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
I dont get it-- just marry Charlene- she is getting all the perks as a princess- being presented with a bouquet! She could have let that top at home-IMO
Serene Highness- make her your bride--get on with it!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
I dont get it-- just marry Charlene- she is getting all the perks as a princess- being presented with a bouquet! She could have let that top at home-IMO
Serene Highness- make her your bride--get on with it!
If he wanted to marry her he would have done it by now. I think you will just have to settle for what you see is what you get. Until the palace makes an announcment, it is what it is. Just accept it.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

For me, they won't get married. They would have done it by now.
Albert has said many times he has no interest in marriage. He and Charlene seem ok as they are now. Besides, Albert has no worries when it comes to an heir: he has his big sister, and her children.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i33.tinypic.com/34xkqhi.jpg
I am speechless. The neckline I can't believe what Charlene finally has transformed into, hard to believe it's actually her. Sad to see, really.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Don't get me wrong.....I actually thinks she looks great. That type of dress is made for a woman of Charlene's physical type.

However, its not appropriate IMO. And not to do a comparison...but I can't imagine any of the current crop of Princesses wearing such a thing in public. Key word public....if they were at a private party....thats one thing. I can't imagine any citizen of Monaco would be excited to see a potential Princess where such a dress.

Maybe I am showing my age. But that's just me. When I think of people getting all excited because other people show a hint of clevage and we see this? Nope not getting it.

And she looks like the is fitting in with the crowd. Albert still looks underdressed compared to the other men. He couldn't find a nice casual suit with no tie?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Where was this picture taken?

I like the dress if you were a Hollywood star and you are working an event (red carpet, Music video show, etc).

But she is out with the Prince of Monaco and thus this is TOTALLY inappropriate. And this is why they won't get married. Princess don't wear outfits like this in public.

And why is he so underdressed?!
Well, it was taken at a small Italian restaurant. Charlene is actually over-dressed. It seems the event was more casual. Still the bodice of this dress is inappropriate except as you indicated above.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I completely agree with Zonk, the outfit is unsuitable for a girlfriend of a Head of State. I can't believe Charlene has "cheapened" her appearance to the level of Hollywood C-celebs, I can easily imagine Lindsay Lohan in such an outfit (don't get me wrong it's not about the dress itself but about what is being exposed).

With her connections to top class designers and her looks Charlene has the potential to look absolutely stunning. Yes she is a "girlfriend only" but it's a shame that she choses to fit the cliche of celeb girlfriends / wifes who are with older and influential men (so called sugar-daddys - Elisabetta Briatore comes to my mind), showing off body features that might not be god-given and nobody really wants to see (at least not in royalty).
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Given how everyone else is dressed around her I dont see anything wrong with it, in fact she seems amongst the best dressed in that crowd. Quite obviously it was not a black tie event. Looking sexy is not necessarily wrong or inappropriate, even for the girlfriend of a prince.
The dress is absolutely inappropriate. To be sexy and CW is not in this attire one does not have to reveal a neckline or cleavage plunging to the navel with evident reference to the breasts. There is no mystery left here.
Like I have said a thousand times I have hardly ever seen this lady with long sleeves ever. Miss Wittstock is alluring without revealing that much.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://i33.tinypic.com/34xkqhi.jpg
I am speechless. The neckline I can't believe what Charlene finally has transformed into, hard to believe it's actually her. Sad to see, really.
lol I think she's become at one with Monaco, fashion and all. Actually it's not too bad a number because she doesn't have an enormous bust bursting out of it like you see when US celebrities wear those dresses.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well she may have revealed cleavage but if you look at pics of some older royal ladies, such as the Duchess of Cornwall, you will also see a lot of cleavage and as a man it was much less pleasing than Charlenes display at the restaurant. You could also look at that black see through thing Caroline wore at the Rose Ball (the one Almadovar attended) and it revealed a lot more to much less pleasing effect. Charlene has a great athletic body and she may as well show it now before time starts to takes its toll. Until then no need for her to get a Burka.
We are not discussing the other royals and I do not know of innumerable men who are panting to see the hostess companion of ahead of a head of state with that much cleavage.
Charlene has an 'androgynous physique" sadly that makes her masculine looking and sadly reaching in the extreme directons to appear the opposite.This is a "sleazy" dress and a bad wardrobe choice.
But I guess if it "pleases" you with contemptuous favouritism over the 'all' the other ladies then you can imagine what this has come to. I had no idea CW had to show various parts of her anatomy while time is on her side as you explain and or in in any capacity. I thought more of her than that in liking and respecting all that I do know and see so far.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Not very flattering with those shoulder I think, she looks like Stephanie when young and it is not a compliment

Closed Thread