Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 4 (Aug. 2008 - June 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock in the stands at the FIFA World
Cup 2010 before the match between South Africa and Mexico at the
Soccer City stadium outside Johannesburg, South Africa, 11 June 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
All the way to Johannesburg for a soccer match? That is a lot of gas for a 'green" Prince.Maybe just maybe the Prince went to the home of Charlene's parents? I am not certain if they live there or not.

All the way to Johannesburg for a soccer match? That is a lot of gas for a 'green" Prince.Maybe just maybe the Prince went to the home of Charlene's parents? I am not certain if they live there or not.

He has to be there I think because he's involved with the IOC. As for her, well, she is there, I'm assuming, for South Africa....and her love of sports.

He has to be there I think because he's involved with the IOC. As for her, well, she is there, I'm assuming, for South Africa....and her love of sports.

The International Olympic Commitee has nothing to do with the FIFA World Cup.
This world cup is a big event, not just because of the fact that it is the world cup.
He most likely will be there a for a while, not just for one match.

The IOC has nothing to do with FIFA. :ermm: Theoretically Charlene is the one who has the official role this time, as a kind of amabassador and Albert would be her companion, though they were listed on the VVIP list as "Prince Albert of Monaco and Partner".

The IOC has nothing to do with FIFA. :ermm: Theoretically Charlene is the one who has the official role this time, as a kind of amabassador and Albert would be her companion, though they were listed on the VVIP list as "Prince Albert of Monaco and Partner".

Albert's title gets a lot more VVIP than Charlene's "ambassador" role.
I think they were just there to enjoy the game. :)

Charlene is involved with the World Cup, if my memory is correct she is an ambassador for it. Other than that I can't tell you anything. An article about it was posted somewhere on the board.

About her dress Albert was semi-casual with no tie compared to the other events for the Festival. It doesn't matter if you like her dress or not (I don't care for it) it was long not short therefore, it was acceptable attire.

Does anyone know if Charlene's parents live in Johannesburg?

Very little information has been released about her parents, I would presume they would live in Zimbabwe.

Very little information has been released about her parents, I would presume they would live in Zimbabwe.
That is where Charlene was born but I thought they lived in Johannesburg. Zimbabwe is not far then.

Her family is said to still live in Benoni, Pretoria and Johannesburg.
Albert and Charlene were invited specially by the South African government. A number of such invites were sent out - Prince William and Harry, Oprah, Bono, the Dali Lama. Even Micheal Jackson was sent one before he died.

Her family is said to still live in Benoni, Pretoria and Johannesburg.
Albert and Charlene were invited specially by the South African government. A number of such invites were sent out - Prince William and Harry, Oprah, Bono, the Dali Lama. Even Micheal Jackson was sent one before he died.

How do you know this?

I've just heard Albert speak for the very first time, and I cannot help but think he has an american tinge to his accent.

How do you know this?

I've just heard Albert speak for the very first time, and I cannot help but think he has an american tinge to his accent.
For the first time? Wow, and he's the one who give interviews the most out of the three. :ermm: And not meaning to be rude darling but he doesn't have an American tinge to his accent, he has an American accent. :ROFLMAO: What were you expecting, French? I suppose that makes sense. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think he'd have a French accent. Afterall, he comes from a French-speaking country. (I'm trying to imagine him with one now :ROFLMAO:) It's the Grimaldi Trio's children (minus Albert's but including Steph's Trio and the Casiraghi Trio) that have the European accents. But Caroline, Albert and Stephanie were all raised and taught to have very East Coast American accents. Caroline's losing hers as time goes on (I have a feeling it's intentional, by association with the people she's friends with, her accent is becoming more British/French but the last time I heard her - some years ago now - she had a gorgeous mix of the three. It sounded quite cultured ;) I think it has to do with Ernst. For someone German, he speaks with quite a British-ish accent - sometimes even on his German I found) Stephanie has a slight tinge of French in her accent (or is it only me that noticed that?) and Albert's is American all the way. I think, even though their mother was American, it also has to do with their being European. Most of the European royals have American accents when they speak in English. Carl Philip has one. ;)
Back on the subject of Albert however, did you notice how quietly he tends to talk? I have to strain to hear him sometimes. He actually sounds much more confident in French to me. Still quiet but without so much of a stutter. :flowers:

I don't know what I expected to be honest, just not American of all things.
Well I didn't want to say full on American, because he did have a little of something else in there.
I didn't hear an interview, he was attending the opening of Isabel Christensen's Monte Carlo store, must have been in the 90's on the program Airline and he was talking about a chandelier.
He was talking quiet yeah, I don't suppose he's used to be speaking loudly.
I don't think the British have american accents. Neither do Prince Frederik or Prince Joachim, Princess Mary goes back to aussie when she speaks english. ;)

Well, I suppose he has a little hint of European (not as much as his siblings but now that I think about it I don't think his accent is completely American; just mostly American) but I think after having spent so much time in America (more than either of his sisters) he's just picked that up as natural.
He was talking about the chandelier in a Christensen haute couture store? :lol: Sorry, I just find that a little amusing.
And yes, I suppose not all of the European royals have American accents. I guess I was only thinking of the ones that do to make my point. I do love Mary's Australian accent though. It's awesome. :D

Albert lived in the states somewhere between 5 or 6 years total. Summer camp when he was young, four yeas of college, plus he lived in New York City on two different occasions while working as an intern. He has also summered in the Hamptons as well as traveled here. Grace spoke to the children in English, Rainier in French. With Grace teaching them to speak English they would have more of an American accent like her. I'm told Albert speaks Italian with an American accent.

To me, pic 5 looks like they're sending/giving each other the "we make a good team."
Charlene has draped across her hair and Pa is wearing sunglasses that are all black. Those are actually reserved for the blind. I would have thought that in their stations they understood to wear tortoise shell frames to distinguish between themselves and the blind. I know it has become a fashion trend but here again they haven't got a clue.

To me, pic 5 looks like they're sending/giving each other the "we make a good team."

It's a really nice pic - I think it was taken after the team of South
Africa made it's goal :)

These two pics from yesterday are also nice:

They greeted Desmond Tutu and someone obviously made a great joke:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, June 12, Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock (the agency called
her Charlize Theron!! :D), watched a traditional Xhosa dance group at the
Gugulethu Sports Centre, in Cape Town. Prince Albert launched the
"Humanitarian sport for the development of youth in cities", which was
contracted to the UNDP for implementation, and falling under this initiative,
the Ikhaya Lemidlalo Project was started to give youth in this impoverished
area, access to organised sport and recreation, with an emphasis on football.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

It's a really nice pic - I think it was taken after the team of South
Africa made it's goal :)

These two pics from yesterday are also nice:

They greeted Desmond Tutu and someone obviously made a great joke:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

More pictures of CW and PA meeting Desmond Tutu and US Vice President Joe Biden and his wife.

Prince Albert of Monaco at the World Cup - Pictures - Zimbio

Nursing a bad back so I have all the time to catch up on all the latest CW-PA musings. In its June issue, Vanity Fair asks the question we've discussed over and over on this board:

Will the Next Royal Wedding Be in Monaco? | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone made a good joke - I bet it was Desmond Tutu. He's awesome! I love him. :D

Last edited:
Albert and Charlene travelled from Durban / Johannesburg to Cape Town to attend a rugby match between France and South Africa on Saturday.

Rugby! Not the beautiful game, of course but it's great that Albert's into it. Although in Spain, where I come from, we have a pretty bad rugby team if you don't mind me saying. The only country we've won against in world cup qualifying is Germany. :ROFLMAO: France play dirty, so do South Africa. At least that's my opinion. ;) Thanks for the info stellad! Any pics? :flowers:

The Swedish Royal Court have confirmed.

Monaco
S.A.S. Le Prince Albert II
Ms. Charlene Wittstock

Will attend the wedding.

Her first Huge Royal event

I wonder what will she wear...I hope to see her stunning there!

Who cares if CW show up, I wander if she catch the flowers.

I saw elsewhere that only Albert had been confirmed. What is your source?
Swedens Official Palace site released the guest list today and Charlene is confirmed under Monaco with Alberts name for the wedding, and the reception, wedding banquet and dance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom