The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

she look like she is going to the prom with her father. and her face look old and the makeup horriable,

Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
she look like she is going to the prom with her father. and her face look old and the makeup horriable,
Actually, my first thought was she completely dominated the pictures. Everyone, included Albert who were wearing darker clothes faded into the background. Instead of drawing attention to the charity, all the attention was focused on her. Without going back to other posts how many remember the name of the charity this event supports - you know the one with the panda?

Old 04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Actually, my first thought was she completely dominated the pictures. Everyone, included Albert who were wearing darker clothes faded into the background. Instead of drawing attention to the charity, all the attention was focused on her. Without going back to other posts how many remember the name of the charity this event supports - you know the one with the panda?
i think it was a charity about saveing wide life animal, albert never learn his lesson he seems not to care about these rumor about their marriage i think he is falling into the media web charlene is enjoy all this focuse she will be call her reporters friends to gave them something more to write,by the way is these the wedding dress the media said they saw her trying in the palace?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
i think it was a charity about saveing wide life animal, albert never learn his lesson he seems not to care about these rumor about their marriage i think he is falling into the media web charlene is enjoy all this focuse she will be call her reporters friends to gave them something more to write,by the way is these the wedding dress the media said they saw her trying in the palace?
I'd have to say yes since the dress is on the designers site as a wedding dress Charlene's has the hemline changed and the Panda added. Isabell Kristensen
Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Serene Highness

Panda Ball and a dress with panda. Weird. Charlene was cute though. But my impression like always, those two (she and Albert) look like strangers when standing together, very odd couple.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Courtier

All eyes on Albert's princess-in-waiting Charlene at glitzy gala
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

of course all eye on her why should any one care about saveing the wild life animals, i am still trying to understand why she show up to a event on a wedding dress, she is not the host of the event like the media said, she is a guest or girlfriend of the host i am not surprise that the media gave her all the credit and praise of the event they are really pushing this so call fairly tales wedding.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

One thing CW does exceedingly well is wear evening clothes...that ball gown is fitted to perfection.

I don't like the panda design, it looks silly! But I guess it's the thought that counts!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

She has been wearing a variety of altered wedding dresses for some time now. It would be silly for people to NOT be speculating at least on a subconscious level with all the foreshadowing done by her clothing alone! :o)
The panda is beautiful and the WWF symbol. I hope they made a LOT of money that night. If nothing, we are all talking about some aspect of the event, so maybe her wearing an altered wedding dress was a FANTASTIC public relations ploy to keep people talking about the event, the panda and therefore more awareness of the foundation itself!? All's good.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
One thing CW does exceedingly well is wear evening clothes...that ball gown is fitted to perfection.

I don't like the panda design, it looks silly! But I guess it's the thought that counts!
I agree, the only thing worse than 1 big panda on the front of her dress would be 2 big pandas on the front of her dress.

looks like the only thing missing was the big fuzzy panda-faced handbag.

JMO.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

Well, it could have always been worse. I don't like the style of dress, it was too bulky looking and alters fine lines on a woman. I am sure there were reasons for that dress. I hope they accomplished what they set out for with it.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

I think that white ball gown is the most elegant one we've seen here wear, plus or minus the panda! I think its cute to have the panda on there considering the event they're at.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another article on the Panda Gala translated from French.
"PHOTOS: Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock, a penguin and a panda on the Rock!"
Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
I think that white ball gown is the most elegant one we've seen here wear, plus or minus the panda! I think its cute to have the panda on there considering the event they're at.
I think the dress color is champaign. Nice dress but seems too tight in waist.
Tabloid posted more pictures of Charlene than Albert, he must be just an addition at this event.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Aristocracy

The dress was a great choice! And the Panda is cute and appropriate for the event!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Gentry

THAT's funny!

Reading Hello magazine and how they reported the whole thing, you'd think they're owned by PA. But the French said it best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Another article on the Panda Gala translated from French.
"PHOTOS: Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock, a penguin and a panda on the Rock!"
Old 04-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two nice pics from Hola
Galerías de imágenes
EL BAILE QUE EL PRÍNCIPE ALBERTO 'RESERVÓ' PARA CHARLENE WITTSTOCK

Gallery from Abaca Press America
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Thanks everybody for the pictures! Apparently she's getting more and more into the role of Grace and Diana: two ill fated princesses!
I suggest her to just be herself...
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

On an adjacent thread I read CW&PA were in SA recently? When would that have been if they have been in Europe so much? And does that mean he finally met her parents/family?

R.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
SEMI, I agree. I think if her changes were good and meaningful ones, they would appear more publically, the forum where those changes will mean a lot. Personal changes would be expected in any personal relationship.

Seems she told a joke at this event and garnered some attention from it. I
would like to see her intellect and passion for something besides PA, rise up.
Rosalee perhaps you didn't hear about the new rules. When you make a statement like she told a joke etc you need to back it up with a source. If you had a friend at the event or direct knowledge of this you need to tell us otherwise it looks like you just made it up. Thanks!