The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
Lck, Royal, Jaya Sandsla I totally agree with you guys. Hibou, I could not have said it better myself. I made my statement about Charlene because I observed the way she acted from the time I first saw a photograph of her in Turin. I think she brings out the worst in Albert. They were both acting like idiots, and she appeared to be drunk or high. (JMO).

She appears arrogant to me and I think she will ignore Albert's children especially little Alexander. I also do not trust her after knowing she grew up in aparthied in South Africa. She profited from the under priviledged lifestyle of people who look like me. I do not think problems in the world around her bothers her, because she is concentrating on herself. If you look at those pictures again you will see she is only interested in finding the camera and fnding Prince Albert.

I am disappointed in Albert beacause he can actually find an educated decent woman who will marry him. He seems shallow from the type women that he dates.
I seriously doubt there should be any concern about CW possibly even coming in contact wih Albert's children, unless its their own--certainly not any mistreatment.

Children would tell and besides I wouldn't lose any sleep over their being in their father's house big time. (There I've entered another poo poo topic)

Old 12-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmmm, my post yesterday seemed to have touched a nerve.

For the record I wasn't suggesting anything Dickensian about child care and welfare. I did not say that to work on behalf of a charity didn't require an interest in the charities goals. I was merely suggesting that big emotional gestures are not necessarily wanted or even helpful, and more specifically that a snapshot does not give an insight into a persons thoughts or soul. Indeed had Charlene made the big hugs and kisses gesture at this recent event she would undoubtably been accused of grandstanding or upstaging the prince or some other faux pas.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Majesty

I'm not asking anyone to eulogize Charlene Wittstock, however, I welcome all reasonable opinions. It would have been quite refreshing to read a fair-minded discussion concerning the events surrounding/photos of "the 10th birthday of the association, Frankie's Children." Like everyone else, I detest gushing posts. There is also a huge difference between expressing one's opinion and bringing up Charlene's past experiences and inadequacies just to bolster one's viewpoint. It becomes tiresome to read the same, repetitive comments especially when they have nothing to do with the event the couple is attending.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

The Byzantine icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

For the record I wasn't suggesting anything Dickensian about child care and welfare. I did not say that to work on behalf of a charity didn't require an interest in the charities goals. I was merely suggesting that big emotional gestures are not necessarily wanted or even helpful, and more specifically that a snapshot does not give an insight into a persons thoughts or soul. Indeed had Charlene made the big hugs and kisses gesture at this recent event she would undoubtably been accused of grandstanding or upstaging the prince or some other faux pas.
Snapshots are like Byzantine icons which are windows on eternity of the individual being photograped.Truly one would benefit greatly from having this knowledge of the Byzantine viewpoint regarding iconoclasts versus iconodules through the the writings of Photius, St.Theodore the Studite etc.In as much as we speak of the Byzantines I would like to add that Dickens was equally as spiritual in his perceptive writings.Today being world childrens day I have to doubt whether Charlene would have been accused of a faux pas or grandstading yet again had she made any gestures towards children at the recent event, the infirm etc. in future.......Your presumptions that are hypothetical as are mine about what might happen are tilted towards a negativism regarding Charlene that does not in fact exist here.Your comments are taken but they did not really hit a nerve as they do not contain the substance of the spiritual element which is evidently missing here from all exchanges regarding Miss Wittsock. JMO.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I did not say that to work on behalf of a charity didn't require an interest in the charities goals. I was merely suggesting that big emotional gestures are not necessarily wanted or even helpful, and more specifically that a snapshot does not give an insight into a persons thoughts or soul. Indeed had Charlene made the big hugs and kisses gesture at this recent event she would undoubtably been accused of grandstanding or upstaging the prince or some other faux pas.
Nobody expected Charlene to drop on her knees and huge children (after all she did nothing for that charity), but the absence of any warmth and interest towards them was noticable. Stephanie didn't touch any child either but you could see in her eyes and gestures/body language that she was focused on children and not posing for the camera. That is the difference that you apparantly missed to notice. When P. Diana (sorry Diana!) touched and hugged children no one thought that she was being pretentious, the same goes for Angelina Jolie. Why? Because it was/is real! JMO
Old 12-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Majesty

I almost lost sight of the photos you keep chattering about. Please have another look at them in this post and kindly point out where all these little children are. Unless you can provide other pictures on which we can form another opinion, there is only one picture of Charlene with two little children. If you look carefully, she is listening to Albert who is talking to her, and the children's attention is entirely focused elsewhere. It's beyond me how you can tell that Charlene is staring at the camera in the other photos when she is intently looking at Albert in most of them.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mandy those aren't the photos they are talking about and she is looking directly at the camera in the last one. I hadn't noticed it myself until I went back and looked through the photos the girls kept talking about. She plays with the camera like models do. Personally I'd rather think her hormones have kicked in due to less training since she hurt her shoulder. Also less chlorine the better her skin will be with moisturizers.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Enlighten me, what photos are you all referring to?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Mandy those aren't the photos they are talking about and she is looking directly at the camera in the last one. I hadn't noticed it myself until I went back and looked through the photos the girls kept talking about. She plays with the camera like models do.
Maybe the photographer told her to look & smile for the camera? So he could get a nice shot of her.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
Maybe the photographer told her to look & smile for the camera? So he could get a nice shot of her.
I may be wrong, but I believe the photos, people are referring to are from a different event which is why there is some confusion, I personally was speaking of the pictures of Steph, Albert and Charlene at the 20th 'Premiere Rampe', the International Festival of Circus Schools organised by the Kiwanis
Club of Monaco, 8 December 2007

They are posted on another thread and links of various agencies. To be fair to Charlene, I have no idea why she appears to me as she does in these photos, perhaps she is just not feeling well? But she certainly does not look engaged or happy, she appears to me rather distracted and unhappy, or perhaps as I said she is just feeling unwell? Whatever the reason to me her appearance in mood seems to stand out or apart from the rest of the family and other people in attendance? Perhaps it is that she does not understand French, but she has been with Albert and living in this French speaking country and attending these events there by her own choice? And while I think it is not easy to always learn a language overnight, even I try to learn a little of the language of the country that I am just planning a very short visit to? I would think she has had the time and it would be something I'm sure Albert would help her to afford if she is interested in learning? Perhaps she is?

I was just trying to give different reasons for the apparent malaise on her face that is noticable enough for people to comment? I have seen Caroline attend events with the full blown flu, and you would never have known? Whatever the reason? I think there are some people that feel if she is choosing to attend these events with Albert and the family, where she knows she is being photographed, and she seems out of sorts for whatever reason, she has yet to learn to fake it? This is not the first time that she has not been able to hide whatever malaise that seems to effect her, whether it is physical or emotional or anything at all? Perhaps people are reading too much into it? But that is the honest effect and impression these pictures had on me? So it was curious that these pictures had the same effect on other people as well?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe the photos, people are referring to are from a different event which is why there is some confusion, I personally was speaking of the pictures of Steph, Albert and Charlene at the 20th 'Premiere Rampe', the International Festival of Circus Schools organised by the Kiwanis
Club of Monaco, 8 December 2007
I was referring to the pictures that Mandy linked to & that LadyMacAlpine was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
To be fair to Charlene, I have no idea why she appears to me as she does in these photos, perhaps she is just not feeling well? But she certainly does not look engaged or happy, she appears to me rather distracted and unhappy, or perhaps as I said she is just feeling unwell? Whatever the reason to me her appearance in mood seems to stand out or apart from the rest of the family and other people in attendance? Perhaps it is that she does not understand French, but she has been with Albert and living in this French speaking country and attending these events there by her own choice? And while I think it is not easy to always learn a language overnight, even I try to learn a little of the language of the country that I am just planning a very short visit to? I would think she has had the time and it would be something I'm sure Albert would help her to afford if she is interested in learning? Perhaps she is?

I was just trying to give different reasons for the apparent malaise on her face that is noticable enough for people to comment? I have seen Caroline attend events with the full blown flu, and you would never have known? Whatever the reason? I think there are some people that feel if she is choosing to attend these events with Albert and the family, where she knows she is being photographed, and she seems out of sorts for whatever reason, she has yet to learn to fake it? This is not the first time that she has not been able to hide whatever malaise that seems to effect her, whether it is physical or emotional or anything at all? Perhaps people are reading too much into it? But that is the honest effect and impression these pictures had on me? So it was curious that these pictures had the same effect on other people as well?
Honestly though some people can't hide their emotions on their faces (if they are happy, sad, pissed off, sick, etc.). I'm like that myself. You can tell when I'm mad or even sick, no matter how hard I try. I can never cover up my real feelings around my really good friends, one look & it says it all. It could be as you said....she might have been sick & maybe she didn't want to be around the children for fear of giving them her cold so therefore she tried to not avoid them per say but limit her interaction with them.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
I was referring to the pictures that Mandy linked to & that LadyMacAlpine was talking about.

Honestly though some people can't hide their emotions on their faces (if they are happy, sad, pissed off, sick, etc.). I'm like that myself. You can tell when I'm mad or even sick, no matter how hard I try. I can never cover up my real feelings around my really good friends, one look & it says it all. It could be as you said....she might have been sick & maybe she didn't want to be around the children for fear of giving them her cold so therefore she tried to not avoid them per say but limit her interaction with them.
Will then that's going to be a problem for her if that's the case? I think when people talk about qualities one needs for the environment she finds herself in? I believe you are explaining she lacks poise? She cannot afford to act pissed off or out of sorts, whatever her problem is, she needs to fix it, because she looks like she is out of her league if she can't manage to pull it off better than what she has managed so far - she never looks like she belongs, most of the time she seems like she is not on the same page.

I have to come in contact with a lot of people in my job and often work with people that I would rather not, I have to attend events when I am sick or would just rather not be there. But that is something I cannot afford in my own environment, nor would I choose to, it doesn't show much grace! I mentioned Caroline had a bad flu and you would have never known it, but then that is why she looks and conducts herself in the manner her role calls for? The second idea is an entertaining thought, but (IMO) unlikely? Perhaps everyone was speaking about the same photos as you, or perhaps I should have replied to someone else's post and we are talking about two different things?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
It seems I've heard this song before. It's called bashing Charlene Wittstock, and it goes something like this:

Charlene is uneducated, extremely immature, selfish, arrogant, self promoter, inconsiderate...

Oh, there's a new refrain...

Charlene hates children...
Charlene has profited from the underprivileged and less fortunate people of Africa.

Now if you catch my drift, you will cease and desist or find another board to bash Charlene Wittstock.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

Mandy-

I would like to take this opportunity to commend you...because if it wasn't for you and a couple of other posters on this Forum I would begin to believe I
was Alice in Wonderland, through the looking glass as it were. I am not sure what it is about this young woman that releases so much venom. It's quite unbelievable, really, the lack of balance and any real dialogue here. Which is one of the reasons I don't come here and post any more.

I simply gave up. But I do pop in here from time to time to see if anything has changed. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

NGalitzine, I for one need no further clarification on your opinion. I agree with it and I think it is an excellent, balanced and INTELLIGENT response.

You are quite correct, if Ms Wittstock had dropped to her knees and covered those youngsters with kisses, the air in this Forum would be redolent with the aroma of the smoke from burning her at the stake for grandstanding for the cameras! The idea that a snapshot is always a "window to the soul" makes me snicker among many other things. But I'll leave that alone.

We all remember former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy? I am a great admirer of hers, but I am too young to remember her time as First Lady so I study photos of her. Other than her own, she was almost never photographed gushing over babies, but by all accounts she was passionate about children and young people. The same with the Princess Royal, Anne of Britain.

The late King Baudouin of Belgium was also a passionate lover of children and animals, but one would NEVER guess it from studying photos of this shy, retiring rather aloof looking man.

Again, I commend you for your post. It was a breath of much needed fresh air.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
With all due respect when anyone is not "encomiast"regarding CW it is Charlene bashing?As if half of us had no mundane worries and the other no despair why would we bother and what psychological appeal does it hold verily I ask.
For Monaco we wish only the best and if that is the form of CW as the Princess to be so be it.God Bless us one and all.

Jaya I mean no disrespect so please don't take it that way. But what on Earth is an "encomiast?" I keep a dictionary and a thesauras on hand at all times, and there is no such word in the English language.

As for your second sentence..."if half of us had no mundane worries and the other no despair why would we bother and what psychological appeal does it hold verily I ask??"" Could I ask you to please decipher this sentence for those among us-like myself-who don't have a clue what you are talking about, or who are wondering what this has to do with the subject at hand?

Again, thank you for your indulgence.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Mandy-

I would like to take this opportunity to commend you...because if it wasn't for you and a couple of other posters on this Forum I would begin to believe I
was Alice in Wonderland, through the looking glass as it were. I am not sure what it is about this young woman that releases so much venom. It's quite unbelievable, really, the lack of balance and any real dialogue here. Which is one of the reasons I don't come here and post any more.

I simply gave up. But I do pop in here from time to time to see if anything has changed. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Thanks again.

Hope springs eternal. For me, hoping there will be some resolution (marriage or dismissing or ignoring or whatever) with the women the Monarch has been/is associated with. It is constant and continued venom ad nauseum. So some posters say they don't like the Monarch's particular choice of women ,as gone by us to review.

Its depressing to see soooo much negative stuff. Forever and ev er it seems, with all of the involved women. And I don't understand what, honestly, they expect to happen. Albert has continued his own gait and intent, I guess But now that MANDY has spoken--hope springs eternal.

I think we need Dr. Sigmund Freud to weigh in here--seriously.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Jaya I mean no disrespect so please don't take it that way. But what on Earth is an "encomiast?" I keep a dictionary and a thesauras on hand at all times, and there is no such word in the English language.
As defined in Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, an encomiast is one that praises.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
As defined in Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, an encomiast is one that praises.

Aha...! Thank you smdouglas. I never use the online directory and a coworker and I could not locate the word in the good old-fashioned Webster's.

Thanks for your trouble-
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
Hope springs eternal. For me, hoping there will be some resolution (marriage or dismissing or ignoring or whatever) with the women the Monarch has been/is associated with. It is constant and continued venom ad nauseum. So some posters say they don't like the Monarch's particular choice of women ,as gone by us to review.

Its depressing to see soooo much negative stuff. Forever and ev er it seems, with all of the involved women. And I don't understand what, honestly, they expect to happen. Albert has continued his own gait and intent, I guess But now that MANDY has spoken--hope springs eternal.

I think we need Dr. Sigmund Freud to weigh in here--seriously.

I agree...Freud would have field day here. But can I tell you something? I no longer care who, what and when Albert II marries. He has dragged this thing out so long I don't think very many people outside hardcore Royalty watchers care either.

It was all very novel and exciting a couple of years ago, now it has become tedious beyond belief.

If he doesn't marry Charlene, fine no loss. If he marries her, more power to both of them!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

"Snapshots are like Byzantine icons which are windows on eternity of the individual being photographed" , I must say that as a person of Russian Orthodox faith I find that comparison over the top to say the least.......but like everyone else I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Anyway, happy holidays to all and maybe 2008 will bring happier and more positive events to discuss on these boards.

Closed Thread