The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Aristocracy

Hi everyone, I guess that I am a little of topic here. I looked at the pictures for the children's charity and I saw where Charlene has yet to show the slightest interest in the children. She continuously looks longily at Prince Albert. I never had good vibes about her being close to Albert. I think she is good at pretending to get what she wants and because of limited education she is arrogant because of her mediocre accomplishments.

If Albert marries her he will get what he deserves. This brings me back to what I have always felt. She will not be a good step mother to his two children.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

How can you draw such conclusions only by looking at pix ?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Gentry

I agree. Do you know her personally? Have you ever seen her in real life? I guess no. So it is not possible to draw such conclusions only from photos. Photos show only one second in a person's life. This is yellow-press-niveau.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I agree. Do you know her personally? Have you ever seen her in real life? I guess no. So it is not possible to draw such conclusions only from photos. Photos show only one second in a person's life. This is yellow-press-niveau.
I agree with bahamagirl.
And it is not a photo but more than one about thirty by counting all the agencies which were present!!! look at the difference between the Princess Stéphanie and Charlene... Stéphanie looks at the child with a broad smile, one feels much when her face is seen, not with charlene.
I turn over you the question: by seeing Charlene how you can say that she loves the children? because there are children?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Nobility

Katie and Rominet, how can you conclude the opposite from photos? People gushing about miss Wittstock and prince Albert making such a lovely couple don't know them either. They only base that on the photos as well.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Katie and Rominet, how can you conclude the opposite from photos? People gushing about miss Wittstock and prince Albert making such a lovely couple don't know them either. They only base that on the photos as well.
Well, to a certain extend one can look at the body language and discern a true affection as we have seen in photos of other royals (most recently Zara Phillips and her beau) Also her comments to the press about not knowing where the relationship is going which were made not only last summer but recently in Bunte where she implied that She and Albert would be making a decision about her swimming. Tantalizing tabloid stuff - yes, but why not just come right out and say my competition days are over. Sounds more like if I don't get the ring by Christmas I'm back in the pool statement. Better yet why comment at all to Bunte if things are going well and you know a ring is about to go on the finger. Take those comments and look at the photos and yes you can draw a lot of conclusions. For me, I just don't see the affection but that's JMO.

As to the photos with the kids, you can tell if a person feels comfortable around kids or not by photos. The question I ask is why there aren't any shots of her talking to the kids at all? there must be some if the pretext is that a photo is but a moment. There were many cameras there surely one of them must have caught a moment of Charlene and the kids?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post

As to the photos with the kids, you can tell if a person feels comfortable around kids or not by photos. The question I ask is why there aren't any shots of her talking to the kids at all? there must be some if the pretext is that a photo is but a moment. There were many cameras there surely one of them must have caught a moment of Charlene and the kids?
Hibou, we will see those photos at her next outing with children. Charlene's PR and PA's little helpers can not adjust her physical appearance and her personality all at once. First looks....then if possible insides!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Just because she is in the presence of children is she supposed to drop to her knees and hug the children for the gratification of photographers and internet posters? Just because she is dating the Prince of Monaco is she even supposed to like other peoples children? If she were to eventually become Princess Consort it would still be possible for her to work on behalf of childrens charities even if she didn't like children (which we do not know to be true anyway). Princess Anne has never made any secret of not being especially fond of small children but that hasn't stopped her rather admirable work with Save The Children over the last 25+ yrs. Nor did it stop her from being a good mother to her own children who seem to have turned out rather well. Photographs reflect a second of a persons life and thats all, they do not give insights into a persons soul.

"Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see" might be advisable before jumping to conclusions when reading Bunte and other gossip sheets.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Just because she is in the presence of children is she supposed to drop to her knees and hug the children for the gratification of photographers and internet posters? Just because she is dating the Prince of Monaco is she even supposed to like other peoples children? If she were to eventually become Princess Consort it would still be possible for her to work on behalf of childrens charities even if she didn't like children (which we do not know to be true anyway). Princess Anne has never made any secret of not being especially fond of small children but that hasn't stopped her rather admirable work with Save The Children over the last 25+ yrs. Nor did it stop her from being a good mother to her own children who seem to have turned out rather well. Photographs reflect a second of a persons life and thats all, they do not give insights onto a persons soul.

"Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see" might be advisable before jumping to conclusions when reading Bunte and other gossip sheets.
First I don't believe anyone here takes a tabloid seriously but it would be better if she would stop blabbing or her camp would stop blabbing. My comments stand as is, you can tell if a person likes children or not. I find it interesting that she doesn't seem too. As for Princess Anne, you are correct she makes no bones about it and is what I call a straight shooter. Also what should be taken into consideration is that the British monarchy handles charities on a less personal level that is up until Princess Diana rewrote the procedures. That is not to say they haven't been stalwart in their support but it was Diana who added the human touch, the kindness, the ability to listen -one must give her credit regardless of what one thinks of the martial situation. Princess Grace, may she rest in peace, was the same way - in fact it was she who paved the way for Diana I truly believe. No one here is looking for a Grace replacement but it would be nice if the person had something going for them other than a make over and starring at cameras. With all due respect that is how it comes across.

Leonardo daVinci wrote that the eyes are a window to the soul and from the photos she doesn't look as though anyone is home most of the time. That is not to say there isn't, it just appears that way. Photos also don't lie because they catch us in un-guarded moments that can often be telling. Albert seems quite determined to promote this girl and of course that is his choice but the whole affair has been extremely mishandled which leads us to the present state of affairs.

Lastly,I look at her resume for the last seven years - what has she been doing with herself? Other athletes manage to fit in college degrees or obtain sponsorships or start charities what has she done? Actions speak louder than words, and sadly she comes across as empty. All best wishes to Prince Albert if he marries her I hope he understands that backlash that will be coming because Charlene gives all the appearance of lacking substance. If all this is untrue then would someone please correct all the misjudgements. I truly would like to hear the other side and not from a tabloid. Sorry mods for rattling on but I think these things need to be said in all fairness.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
How can you draw such conclusions only by looking at pix ?

The two appear as two people "in lust", not as two people "in love".
Old 12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Just because she is in the presence of children is she supposed to drop to her knees and hug the children for the gratification of photographers and internet posters? Just because she is dating the Prince of Monaco is she even supposed to like other peoples children? If she were to eventually become Princess Consort it would still be possible for her to work on behalf of childrens charities even if she didn't like children (which we do not know to be true anyway). Princess Anne has never made any secret of not being especially fond of small children but that hasn't stopped her rather admirable work with Save The Children over the last 25+ yrs. Nor did it stop her from being a good mother to her own children who seem to have turned out rather well. Photographs reflect a second of a persons life and thats all, they do not give insights into a persons soul.

Even Dickens spoke of small children and us doting on them.It appears you believe it appropraite not to dote on children then whether they are your own or others children they are what Dickens so profoundly wrote about.
But then who am I to say anything just an internet poster versed in Dickens as opposed to one not.alas!
AS for CW falling to her knees for children you have so wonderfully observed that hypothetically or otherwise she does not.Photographs reveal the soul.They are the indicator of the signifier of the soul. One thing they reveal is truth.They do give insights into the soul and the heart.. alas...That is why they are in fact studies of those transient moments and how the individual is wending through time.I have to disagree and say photographs are revelatory.....beyond the superficial......one has to be able to see and not merely look.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
First I don't believe anyone here takes a tabloid seriously but it would be better if she would stop blabbing or her camp would stop blabbing. My comments stand as is, you can tell if a person likes children or not. I find it interesting that she doesn't seem too. As for Princess Anne, you are correct she makes no bones about it and is what I call a straight shooter. Also what should be taken into consideration is that the British monarchy handles charities on a less personal level that is up until Princess Diana rewrote the procedures. That is not to say they haven't been stalwart in their support but it was Diana who added the human touch, the kindness, the ability to listen -one must give her credit regardless of what one thinks of the martial situation. Princess Grace, may she rest in peace, was the same way - in fact it was she who paved the way for Diana I truly believe. No one here is looking for a Grace replacement but it would be nice if the person had something going for them other than a make over and starring at cameras. With all due respect that is how it comes across.

Leonardo daVinci wrote that the eyes are a window to the soul and from the photos she doesn't look as though anyone is home most of the time. That is not to say there isn't, it just appears that way. Photos also don't lie because they catch us in un-guarded moments that can often be telling. Albert seems quite determined to promote this girl and of course that is his choice but the whole affair has been extremely mishandled which leads us to the present state of affairs.

Lastly,I look at her resume for the last seven years - what has she been doing with herself? Other athletes manage to fit in college degrees or obtain sponsorships or start charities what has she done? Actions speak louder than words, and sadly she comes across as empty. All best wishes to Prince Albert if he marries her I hope he understands that backlash that will be coming because Charlene gives all the appearance of lacking substance. If all this is untrue then would someone please correct all the misjudgements. I truly would like to hear the other side and not from a tabloid. Sorry mods for rattling on but I think these things need to be said in all fairness.
Great Post hibou! As well as Jaya's.

Ngalitzine, I was struck at your idea that any genuine interest or sincerity for the cause (especially one regarding the interest of children) is not required when involving oneself in a charity? especially someone that seems to be trying to position herself into a role where she might be expected to be shown as the public face of a cause. This board pretty much survives on speculation alone, as well as the drama soap opera tabloids so often featured and quoted on these boards? Where no one may be able to say for certain how altruistic Charlene is? She certainly has not made any great strides in either investing herself or even trying to feign interest for any cause or in the many events she attends (imo). I have to say before I came across these posts and was just viewing the photos, I couldn't help to notice that Charlene did not even try for a polite expression of interest in the event or the children as they came up to greet Albert and Stephanie -She was sitting close enough in proximity to both, and by now she knows she is being photographed, in what would seem to be, to her delight? (JMO) After two years in this environment especially, one might expect her to have a clue to act gracious in the company of Albert and of the event she has been invited to and that she has chosen to attend. ANYONE with an ounce of common sense and grace should be able to manage so little asked of her? It is not surprising to me that her interest would be limited, as she appears in her photos and quips in the press to be completely self absorbed with one single minded goal?(IMO) Personally, I believe she posts on this board, as well as the others, with the same one track goal of self promotion and her single minded cause? I'm sure anyone who might have an interest in her doing this or NOT? (I believe they check in from time to time) surely is able to recognize who she is? And the message she is so desperately trying to send? Although I believe she couldn't be more obvious, I'm sure in person this would be even less a mystery. The people on the rock don't seem to mind her now being part of the face that represents Monaco and they don't seem to mind her obvious extreme immaturity with all her provocations in the media and elsewhere? (JMO) I doubt what the consensus of people on these boards or the opinions of the public at large, is going to go a long way in convincing anyone in doing or behaving differently? Since all seems to be tolerated and Albert mentioned he wanted everything to be out in the open at one time, I believe unfortunately we are seeing it.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

I must have missed something....

Could some-one direct me to the posting, which describes how it is that Charlene "caught" Albert's eye (more than any of the other ladies who have and are gracing HIS presence) ?

What was the monumentous occasion?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Aristocracy

Lck, Royal, Jaya Sandsla I totally agree with you guys. Hibou, I could not have said it better myself. I made my statement about Charlene because I observed the way she acted from the time I first saw a photograph of her in Turin. I think she brings out the worst in Albert. They were both acting like idiots, and she appeared to be drunk or high. (JMO).

She appears arrogant to me and I think she will ignore Albert's children especially little Alexander. I also do not trust her after knowing she grew up in aparthied in South Africa. She profited from the under priviledged lifestyle of people who look like me. I do not think problems in the world around her bothers her, because she is concentrating on herself. If you look at those pictures again you will see she is only interested in finding the camera and fnding Prince Albert.

I am disappointed in Albert beacause he can actually find an educated decent woman who will marry him. He seems shallow from the type women that he dates.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Nobility

You can't condemn Charlene from being bore in South Africa. She had nothing to do with it. For now Albert like being with her and as for Alex I don't think Albert will let him get close to Charlene they just friend. Hopefully Albert will find Mrs.Right.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp View Post
I must have missed something....

Could some-one direct me to the posting, which describes how it is that Charlene "caught" Albert's eye (more than any of the other ladies who have and are gracing HIS presence) ?

What was the monumentous occasion?

Thanks in advance.
Hi hrhcp,
Well originally he asked her out on a date when he saw her at the Mare Nostrum swimming event held in Monaco I think it was 2001? So Charlene was pretty young in my opinion for Albert to be asking her out at his age at the time? There is a 20 yr age difference (that might answer part of your question) So apparently since he had not really met her, he asked her out because he liked her looks? What else could it have been? Who knows? After the date she went home and blabbed to the SA press giving a detailed account of their date (?), odd after that, any normal man would have given her a second one (JMO). She mentioned in her interview that she lost his number that he gave her, she tried but couldn't find it? I'm just guessing (JMO), but it would make since that Rainier (a smart man), would not be impressed with the idea of Albert dating her? Not long after Rainier's death and a few months after Albert had to come clean with the children and worse (IMO) having to admit to relationships with these past women, he showed up at the 2006 Winter Olympics with Charlene! Go figure? (some say he was scouting for potential princess candidates or wanna-be princesses? That perhaps he was getting out his black book? Not sure how believable that could be, but you kinda have to wonder? Seemed to many it was much of the same and as you imply, not much different than the previous women (IMO)? Of course this lead many people who post on these boards to conclude that perhaps Albert enjoyed learning lessons the hard way? (JMO) Anyway, she did not make a favorable impression (to many) as she seemed to pose and preen for the camera and did all she could to attract it (IMO), there is even a photo of her where she lays down with her head back in Alberts lap and it appeared she was looking directly looking into the camera? She made a few remarks to the media at the time while in Turin (and after), one in reference to her and Albert being lovers if she had not already made that clear? (JMO & many others?). She showed up in Monaco at the Grand Prix with the family, her introduction to the people of Monaco (April? Sorry out of sequence here), with similar behaviour, she seems to have really liked the publicity from the beginning (Imo, as well as others?). Anyway backing up a bit, she appeared on the cover of Paris Match (Feb?) (copying poses from different photos of a young Grace Kelly), where she gave an interview? This was shortly after she was first (promoted IMO) seen in Turin with Albert. She appeared in photos again that were somewhat compromising? I would say imo, dumb & bad taste? I remembered reading I believe (?) on the official Monaco website that Albert would be spending his birthday in the Maldives with friends and family? After showing her off in Turin and having, letting her, or flat out not minding that she gave an interview in Paris Match? Her last real venture as a swimmer was at the 2000 Olympics where she placed fifth in a relay? Your guess as to why a French mag was now interested in an interview and cover featuring her, or why she felt she (alone?) was suddenly worthy of this in 2006, is as good as anyone else? So I think it was probabaly no surprise that after Albert announced his plans for his birthday (march), that he might expect that the media would be there and intereseted. They sued for photos published? Anyway people started to do a little research on Charlene and her quotes to the press from the beginning and that she continued to give? Along with observing the many photos of her that she seems to enjoy (JMO) Also she appeared in a fashion shoot (quite cheezy IMO) as a model in a publication "park Avenue" and on the cover not too very long ago? You can research way back (read her original interview) and draw your own conclusion? This is probably your best bet as to how they met as Charlene gives a detailed account - It's a SA press article that was also posted on the web, I don't know the name or where it's posted? - maybe someone else can jump in and provide a link if they know? Maybe you can just google Charlene in SA? Actually we are still wondering the same thing as you! Sorry for getting it a little out of order and all typos and spelling errors, or if I got anything wrong, I'm sure others will jump in and comment!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Majesty

It seems I've heard this song before. It's called bashing Charlene Wittstock, and it goes something like this:

Charlene is uneducated, extremely immature, selfish, arrogant, self promoter, inconsiderate...

Oh, there's a new refrain...

Charlene hates children...
Charlene has profited from the underprivileged and less fortunate people of Africa.

Now if you catch my drift, you will cease and desist or find another board to bash Charlene Wittstock.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
It seems I've heard this song before. It's called bashing Charlene Wittstock, and it goes something like this:

Charlene is uneducated, extremely immature, selfish, arrogant, self promoter, inconsiderate...

Charlene has profited from the underprivileged and less fortunate people of Africa.

Now if you catch my drift, you will cease and desist or find another board to bash Charlene Wittstock.

Mandy

I'm sorry but there is a huge difference between bashing and giving an opinion. The resulting posts above were the result of recent photos. I did not see any bashing but fair comments. If all we can do here is gush about someone rather than give an honest opinion then what's the point of posting one's thoughts. If the opinions seem like a merry go round that's because nothing has changed except new photos. It is your board and your right to edit, delete and ban posters. If all the royals want is star struck posters then so be it. I have met Albert and I liked him. My father's priest was Father Tucker. I care about the Grimaldi's for that reason. But then if I dare to voice my dislike of something. I can not. Fair enough and I get your drift. Charlene is charming beautiful and will make a perfect princess.

This being the Christmas season, I have no ill-will toward you all, and wish one and all the happiest of holidays!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post

Mandy
With all due respect when anyone is not "encomiast"regarding CW it is Charlene bashing?As if half of us had no mundane worries and the other no despair why would we bother and what psychological appeal does it hold verily I ask.
For Monaco we wish only the best and if that is the form of CW as the Princess to be so be it.God Bless us one and all.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm sorry but there is a huge difference between bashing and giving an opinion. The resulting posts above were the result of recent photos. I did not see any bashing but fair comments. If all we can do here is gush about someone rather than give an honest opinion then what's the point of posting one's thoughts. If the opinions seem like a merry go round that's because nothing has changed except new photos. It is your board and your right to edit, delete and ban posters. If all the royals want is star struck posters then so be it. I have met Albert and I liked him. My father's priest was Father Tucker. I care about the Grimaldi's for that reason. But then if I dare to voice my dislike of something. I can not. Fair enough and I get your drift. Charlene is charming beautiful and will make a perfect princess.
This being the Christmas season, I have no ill-will toward you all, and wish one and all the happiest of holidays!
I agree with you, hibou, lckc, sansdla, .... I was not on board since a few weeks and I noticed the same things when I saw pics. I have to say that Miss Wittstock is still around palace without clear status, so I guess that some people on forums or in Monaco are still going to comment.

Closed Thread