Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : Oct.2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marriage imminent?

You're welcome, tammy81 and I agree with you sashajones :)

There was an official event of Albert and Charlene on Saturday as well:

"Prince Albert II and Charlene attend the third edition of the Oktoberfest
of Monaco" 20 October 2007 - belga:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4
Surely after all this[togertherness and seeming compatibility] at Oktoberfest they will marry in the year Prince Albert has stated , his fiftieth.So far Pa and Cw have struggled to become the couple that will hopefully ascend the steps of ST. Nicholas to wedding bells. . Other than Oktoberfest I hope Cw is becoming literate in the catechism of the Roman Catholic Faith to which she must convert.
Does anybody know if CW has already begun this conversion?
They look lovely,relaxed and are attune at this function together.
Deo Juvante

Surely after all this[togertherness and seeming compatibility] at Oktoberfest they will marry in the year Prince Albert has stated , his fiftieth.So far Pa and Cw have struggled to become the couple that will hopefully ascend the steps of ST. Nicholas to wedding bells. . Other than Oktoberfest I hope Cw is becoming literate in the catechism of the Roman Catholic Faith to which she must convert.
Does anybody know if CW has already begun this conversion?
They look lovely,relaxed and are attune at this function together.
Deo Juvante

I am not sure she needs to convert only sign a paper saying the children will be raised Catholic. On the other hand if she does not convert they can't be married in a Catholic Church. My understanding is that it takes about a year to convert. In addition, as late as last May it was reported by one of our Monaco posters that she was unable to speak French at the Small States games. So if she is the one I hope they have a tutor for her.

I am not sure she needs to convert only sign a paper saying the children will be raised Catholic. On the other hand if she does not convert they can't be married in a Catholic Church. My understanding is that it takes about a year to convert. In addition, as late as last May it was reported by one of our Monaco posters that she was unable to speak French at the Small States games. So if she is the one I hope they have a tutor for her.
It's been a while now since I converted but its once a week for about 6 months with time off for the holidays at Christmas. It's done at the Easter Vigil, the night before Easter.

The Catholic Church will perform a marriage ceremony even if one of the participants is not RC. A few of my friends have gone through it with no difficulties.
As for speaking French, she could still continue learning. Grace didn't speak it when she arrived but eventually became at least conversant in the language even though she was never completely comfortable speaking French in interviews. Another foreign bride, Mary of Denmark was still studying Danish when she married.

The Catholic Church will perform a marriage ceremony even if one of the participants is not RC. A few of my friends have gone through it with no difficulties.
As for speaking French, she could still continue learning. Grace didn't speak it when she arrived but eventually became at least conversant in the language even though she was never completely comfortable speaking French in interviews. Another foreign bride, Mary of Denmark was still studying Danish when she married.
Yes, but Grace arrived in Monaco only a few days before the wedding and Mary was already learning when the engagement was announced. (I believe she spoke Danish at the engagement announcement? Or was that all in English?). Grace had less than four months between the engagement and the wedding, less than a year between meeting Rainier and marrying him.
Charlene has been immersed in French and France for almost two years. A very enviable position and a wonderful opportunity for someone learning the language. Most people in that position would have picked up even the basics without lessons.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the dress, but since it's a traditional one, I have no objections. But overall, I think Charlene looked really pretty. She has got some very soft expression on her face, it really suits her.

Correct, it's a traditional dress. It's definitely not the prettiest of all Octoberfest dresses ("Dirndl") but it's ok. The shoes are a big NoNo though as these dresses usually go with special loafers or even boots that look at bit rustic or gross so Charlenes high heels are out of place.

There's also a gallery here

Correct, it's a traditional dress. It's definitely not the prettiest of all Octoberfest dresses ("Dirndl") but it's ok. The shoes are a big NoNo though as these dresses usually go with special loafers or even boots that look at bit rustic or gross so Charlenes high heels are out of place.

You are perfectly right. You have a "good eye" Duke of Marmalade.
There are a few nice pics on Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO DE MÓNACO Y CHARLENE WITTSTOCK, 'BRINDIS' POR SU FUTURO CON CERVEZA
Tosca, GREAT avatar!;)

There's also a gallery here

Thanks for the great photos. I find it interesting that there are really no photos of them looking at each other. Even the one where she is grabbing his lapel he isn't looking at her. In this set of photos Albert seems more into talking with everyone but Charlene.

You are perfectly right. You have a "good eye" Duke of Marmalade.
There are a few nice pics on Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO DE MÓNACO Y CHARLENE WITTSTOCK, 'BRINDIS' POR SU FUTURO CON CERVEZA
Tosca, GREAT avatar!;)

:flowers:;)
Another observation:
We can be sure that Charlene is still unmarried: The tradition says that if the skirt is tied on the left hand side the lady is still free; if it is tied on the right hand side it means she is married :cool:

Seems Albert made sure Charlene tied her skirt on the correct side to avoid some rumours :lol:

Has anyone seen the latest photos of Albert and Charlene taken in New York in the past few days? Visit the GREMB.

Stellad

yes i just saw the picture,why can she choose different clour than black she wear black all the time, it seems that albert is readly to make his choice and i think we all might not like this choice but as long as his happy we all might try hard to accept it .

I'm not a fan of CW... but she is very nice expecially in this photo
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/774...4AD9FDB9CF1937E7588A1370768CDB5D215A3001C766D

I think she lost weight, and that she is very very pretty.

They look good togheter.

But I still hope she isn't "the one"...

:D

I don't like her hair it's too severe and makes her angular features look very pointed and makes her look hard. Sorry but that was my first impression when I saw this shot. The dress to me looks like a version of all the dresses we have seen her in- one shoulder, black numbers. Nothing new on that part. I am not by nature a negative person, but with Charlene I just can't find a positive anything to say except they aren't married yet.

I don't like her hair it's too severe and makes her angular features look very pointed and makes her look hard. Sorry but that was my first impression when I saw this shot. The dress to me looks like a version of all the dresses we have seen her in- one shoulder, black numbers. Nothing new on that part. I am not by nature a negative person, but with Charlene I just can't find a positive anything to say except they aren't married yet.

I agree -- black or white or shades of grey must be the only colors she understands, because she never wears anything else -- I guess that's her version of french style & sophistication, especially since those colors are easy to do. A clothes consultant probably told her to stick to the basics when everything else fails -- good advice.

She looks ok (not spectacular especially for a daytime event) -- but I think being in NY, she's probably insecure about her one personal claim to fame. A bimbo model in the US is probably sooooo much more accomplished than CW on a continual basis.

I think CW can hide behind the black dress (should she be wearing that that long black outfit before 7pm?) and the fact nobody really knows about her in the US. So much more would be expected of her if the US media actually cared -- so she needs to look nice, because that's all she has to offer.

I hope somebody tells her that looks fade -- maybe she should try to get more jewelry from Albert so she can save it then sell it to support herself when he dumps her in a few years for new young party girl.

JMO:flowers:

I've never said this before because what they do is there business but in that photo it looks like he is with his daughter not a GF.

yup! I could not have said it any better than that.

I keep wondering when Albert is going to grow up and find a real woman with substance to stand by his side...

Last edited:
yup! I could not have said it any better than that.

I keep wondering when Albert is going to grow up and find a real woman with substance to stand by his side...
If or when he marries he's going to be expected to have a family. To do that he has to marry a younger woman not one his own age unless he married a woman who already had his child. Charlene is in that age group for children.

If or when he marries he's going to be expected to have a family. To do that he has to marry a younger woman not one his own age unless he married a woman who already had his child. Charlene is in that age group for children.

I wouldn't agree on that one! Women of today can easily have children in their forties, even for the first time. Look at all those celebrities having their first child at mid/late forties.
Hopefully PA doesn't marry an incubator, it will have use of it only for a couple of times, maybe.

well, yes, ok. Statistically speaking, it's still harder and riskier for women to have children as they get older.

I still think he'd also be expected to marry a woman of substance who could carry her own.

But is Albert really so shallow that if he did want kids he would just want an incubator with a nice face and no brains attached? :flowers: Why not get an educated woman with some substance? Is there such a big shortage of them in the world? For example, what if he can't make an event, she might be called to stand in for him so she'd need to be credible and be able to convey at least a tiny bit of gravitas to the world - but ok maybe they can manufacture that too somehow, imo.

I guess as was said before, if that's what he wants to settle for that's his business...:cool::ohmy:

Last edited:
I've never said this before because what they do is there business but in that photo it looks like he is with his daughter not a GF.

And can you imagine how they will look in 5-10 years from now?!!! Monaco is not Hollywood!

I agree, and where looking like his daughter is bad, acting like his daughter is worse. I think we can gather from the choice of women in his life, Albert is not a man of complex.

And because someone may be young enough to have children is not an excuse to marry a vapid or vain girl? (IMO) If It was that important to Albert to have children he should have started earlier when he would not be so old - when it comes time to train the next heir. Albert will be in his 70's. And there is no guarantee that they will be able to have children if that is the reason he would choose Charlene as a bride.

It's (jmo) but she doesn't come off as the motherly type, she's a bit self involved and has some growing up to do herself, before she starts having children of her own, especially in the environment she will be in.

If people are worried about her being the next Princess, she could also be raising the next heir? Not that I think Albert gives much thought to that or anything else? I think that issue of fertility will not be so much a reason, but an excuse if Albert marries Charlene. (IMO) But Albert has decided to have her by his side at the PGA tonight in the year of Grace's tribute? He kept her private at this event last year. Since she pretty much has been displayed bigger than a billboard this year, I can't imagine he has no plans to marry her? What fun those two are going to have if he does! :)

Last edited:
They both looked adorable at the oktoberfest event, although I seem to be of a minority here in having that opinion. ? I like oktoberfest fashions, though. :D I also must disagree with some posters about CW's looks. To me, all of her appearances in October rate very well. She is lookin' good, I must say. I'm not like a CW fawner or something, but hey, gotta give credits where I feel it's due. ;)

They both looked adorable at the oktoberfest event, although I seem to be of a minority here in having that opinion. ? I like oktoberfest fashions, though. :D I also must disagree with some posters about CW's looks. To me, all of her appearances in October rate very well. She is lookin' good, I must say. I'm not like a CW fawner or something, but hey, gotta give credits where I feel it's due. ;)

Yep she looks much better recently (few months or so) and I believe there is a reason for it. No other woman has ever become so close to Albert, at least in the public eye. I guess she will be the one.

In terms of Octoberfest fashion, her dirndl was nice but not more, rather ordinary. There are much nicer versions. It seemed to me that she was not really familiar with the regional character of the clothing, eg the shoes were a big NoNo. Somebody could have told her or given better advice.

like i said before albert and cw are next to get married, if he keep take her to every royal event, i can just image her on a black dress smile with the press andwearing the royal engagment ring on a magazine title ''she is the one that monaco have been waiting for introducting princess charlene of monaco''. i was hopeing for someelse but now i think albert have make his choice.

by the way there is a new pictrue of the albet and cw and video in hola .com
check that out now before is too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of Octoberfest fashion, her dirndl was nice but not more, rather ordinary. There are much nicer versions. It seemed to me that she was not really familiar with the regional character of the clothing, eg the shoes were a big NoNo. Somebody could have told her or given better advice.

Oh I didn't even notice her shoes. :lol: I'll have to take another look at the pics. Fair point about the impending marriage.... no doubt in the next couple of years.

At getty there are the Princess Grace awards pics...she doesn't look that bad and for a chnage she didn't wear black...

PA II and Char

Oh I didn't even notice her shoes. :lol: I'll have to take another look at the pics. Fair point about the impending marriage.... no doubt in the next couple of years.

So, this is what I'm just simply befuddled about. "next couple of years". As some one said, why can't he just have this without marriage or something like that. But considering his past romantic activities and cavalier relationships, which he was not ashamed of, one wonders (some of us) is this some parade of some kind, an extension, although one on one of his oooh la la affairs.

She is rather attractive and whatever she wears is ok with me, personally, but for me. (If I had anything to do with it). I would have them invite relatives or friends on the boat, go out on the Mediterranean or wherever, take the priest, and nice caterers, etc. and just do it. It just looks, at this long, parade point,--I don't know,imo strange and pointed and unnecessary. Just my 2 year weary thoughts:ermm:

Charlene does look really good in the black dress (at least her shoulders aren't showing as she's wearing a wrap)

I don't know if she is the "one" or not but as someone else commented when I asked why we see so much of them together at official events than any of Albert's other girlfriends - it might be because Prince Rainer is no longer around to decide what is appropriate and who should or shouldn't accompany Albert at official functions.

But time of course will tell where the relationship is going.

i just take a look to getty.

caroline is stunning in her blue dress...she looks very young!!!

Charlene is nice, but this kind of dress doesn't fit good on her. Sure she lost some Kg..She has a beatiful body (except for shoulders!)

Concerning the presence of Charlene at Princesse Grace Award, If I'm not wrong PA went to PGA on 2002 or maybe 2001 accompained by caroline and his girlfriend Alicia Warlick ( you can see som photos searching on Olycom )

I will think that She is "the One", when I will take part to the press conference announcing the date of the wedding.
Now, for me, Charlene is only Charlene.

Charlene does look really good in the black dress (at least her shoulders aren't showing as she's wearing a wrap)

I don't know if she is the "one" or not but as someone else commented when I asked why we see so much of them together at official events than any of Albert's other girlfriends - it might be because Prince Rainer is no longer around to decide what is appropriate and who should or shouldn't accompany Albert at official functions.

But time of course will tell where the relationship is going.
There's pictures of Alicia Warlick who they said he was going to marry at events with him. She wore a brown dress to the PGA one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom