Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : July 2007 - Oct.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,you never know. they both must find they soulmate.

I do not know if this is the right thread to post this information, but so I have heard, PA is at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting this evening. I think this is the last of the Summer season concerts. Don't ask me who he might have gone with, I have no idea. I am sure some of you will find out soon.

I do not know if this is the right thread to post this information, but so I have heard, PA is at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting this evening. I think this is the last of the Summer season concerts. Don't ask me who he might have gone with, I have no idea. I am sure some of you will find out soon.
Is this in Monaco? If, so he probably will take Charlene. I think she will stay around for a while.

Pics 25.8.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his friend Charlene Wittstock are seen during the French
League One soccer match Monaco vs Le Mans, Saturday, Aug. 25, 2007, in Monaco
stadium. (AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau)

Pic 1
Pic 2

She's wearing the same jacket she wore for the little games party. And sporting a red and white top. Getting into the Monaco colours after all that black?

A penny for her thoughts...

...You said it! I wonder why she hasn't expressed (or hasn't been permitted to) her thoughts on any issues. We might accept/like her more if we understood her a bit better. I don't like that I speculate so much about her. I know it is not fair, but truly she gives us nothing to go on...at all. If she is going to take on the role of First Lady of Monaco, I'd like to see her demonstrate a bit of competency in dealing with the public and her public image.

How does she feel about Albert?? Does she like children?? Is she intelligent?? Is she funny?? Does she have a strong backbone?? Does she like to learn?? Would she like to further her formal education?? What does she think about the world?? What is she passionate about besides swimming?? ...you catch my drift. :)

How does she feel about Albert?? Does she like children?? Is she intelligent?? Is she funny?? Does she have a strong backbone?? Does she like to learn?? Would she like to further her formal education?? What does she think about the world?? What is she passionate about besides swimming?? ...you catch my drift. :)

I think Charlene started to address those issues in the February 2006 article in Paris Match. She didn't really say much about anything and I don't think the Palace will condone her giving interviews that may touch upon her relationship with Albert unless and until a formal announcement is made. Even then, everything will be scripted out for her. She's tried to address these issues a bit in the past year and they haven't been the most convincing attempts (the motivational speaking, etc). Personally, and this is just my opinion, between competitive swimming, trying to resurrect that career, or launch one in modeling, I don't think Charlene has had much time to think about anything in particular that would resemble a long-term plan for goals (other than keeping Albert and possibly marrying him).

Last edited:
...You said it! I wonder why she hasn't expressed (or hasn't been permitted to) her thoughts on any issues. We might accept/like her more if we understood her a bit better. I don't like that I speculate so much about her. I know it is not fair, but truly she gives us nothing to go on...at all. If she is going to take on the role of First Lady of Monaco, I'd like to see her demonstrate a bit of competency in dealing with the public and her public image.

Freedom, I just noticed you have been on the board for some time, so I apologize (I've just read some of your posts (many good posts!). Actually, I decided to edit most of my post out as others have jumped in with the same points & I'm guessing you are familiar with all her remarks & interviews she gave, which start as far back as when she went to the media with a interview detailing her first date with Albert, & all her odd juvenile remarks she has managed to make whenever possible. Let's hope she doesn't write a book about herself before long, she seems to need little encouragement.

Hi Freedom,
I think if we were to answer your questions from what we have read from her statements and interviews, a simple no, would be the answer to most of your questions above (IMO). It's her love for the media & courting it, that seems to have gotten her in trouble in the first place & why they have reeled her in, except for her being glued to Albert's side. I think a lot of people came to the conclusion with all her self-promotion there was not much to promote. And the vapid looking pictures, pretty much say it all (IMO). Have you read some of her remarks & interviews that she gave in the beginning? You seem smart enough to get the reality of what is genuine and what is false promotion. I think she would have been better off, if they left some mystery about her or any women Albert dates until he's officially engaged.(JMO)

Last edited:
i find it interesting in some photos she looks like she's young enough to be his daughter, then that 2nd pic i think she looks as old as him. have we had any reportage from people that have seen her in person. i like the white jacket and slacks (wonder if there was a tube top underneath)

i find it interesting in some photos she looks like she's young enough to be his daughter, then that 2nd pic i think she looks as old as him. have we had any reportage from people that have seen her in person. i like the white jacket and slacks (wonder if there was a tube top underneath)

ActuallY, I liked I her white jacket also, and I agree she almost always looks like Albert's daughter, making Albert look that much older. I noticed Charlene's face looked fuller than usual - maybe I just don't see her with her hair down often? But, that usually makes your face look thinner I thought? I'm not saying she looks heavy - just different?

Charlene has given plenty of interviews to Bunte and Paris Match. She knew that they were only interested in respect to people being interested in who Albert was dating. She even had a PR person by her side at some point. Now, if there would have been anything beyond her being a swimmer and the usual platitudes of I love children and I am teaching swimming to underprivilidged children in South AFrica (she she hasn't been doing since she wasn't there much these last 18 months so can't be really meaning much to her and disappointing those children that she promissed to encourage doesn't seem to bother her either in her persuit of the tiara), I'm sure her PR would have made sure that we knew about it. I think that the truth is that what we saw so far and what she had to say until now, is really all there is. If she was fluent in French she'd given an interview to Paris Match in French by now to have people raving about her incredible progress in the language and her improvement in education - well the whole pretty woman story with an average looking gal. Unfortunetely they have blown up the Olympics story for buying Albert some time until after 2008 and put a lot of lies in the orbit like her competing in July returning mid August to South Africa to train etc etc. Until then she will remain Alberts miserable looking walker for him to appear less playboy while trying to regain some respect at home.

Personally I think that her face looks older then her age, but when she appeared with him at the party the other day, one would have thought a twelve year old (not in looks, but in bodylanguage and awkwardness). One would have thought that by now she would have acquired some routine or worldliness about herself, but really she reminded me much of the pic in schooluniform we have seen of her. Except for the terrible makeup she tends to sport whenever I get to see her and that horrible flimsy knot. Get a decent haircut for once Charlene and stop overdying. It looks very unnatural.

It looks like Monaco actually won the game, so they should have been going overboard with joy.

Hi Freedom, I think if we were to answer your questions from what we have read from her statements and interviews, a simple no, would be the answer to most of your questions above (IMO). (JMO)

LOL Thanks, Sandsla.

Charlene has given plenty of interviews to Bunte and Paris Match. She knew that they were only interested in respect to people being interested in who Albert was dating. She even had a PR person by her side at some point.
Yes, PR is here when interviews.
Now, if there would have been anything beyond her being a swimmer and the usual platitudes of I love children and I am teaching swimming to underprivilidged children in South AFrica (she she hasn't been doing since she wasn't there much these last 18 months so can't be really meaning much to her and disappointing those children that she promissed to encourage doesn't seem to bother her either in her persuit of the tiara), I'm sure her PR would have made sure that we knew about it. I think that the truth is that what we saw so far and what she had to say until now, is really all there is. If she was fluent in French she'd given an interview to Paris Match in French by now to have people raving about her incredible progress in the language and her improvement in education - well the whole pretty woman story with an average looking gal. Unfortunetely they have blown up the Olympics story for buying Albert some time until after 2008 and put a lot of lies in the orbit like her competing in July returning mid August to South Africa to train etc etc.
She said it after Telkom Games, and something about training!!! during summer in Europe.:lol:
Until then she will remain Alberts miserable looking walker for him to appear less playboy while trying to regain some respect at home.
I not sure that showing her it's a good way to regain some respect at home... when they both arrive people say "non, c'est pas vrai!!!..." when they see her or "t'as vu la meuf qui colle...":D

Yes lilae, but still keeping the same woman around instead of constantly changing them, makes him appear less of a playboy. Though of course I agree that his choice of woman leaves much to be desired. But we all know what Rainers opinion on his son was and the longer he is in power, the more he proves his father to be right once more. Btw in the maprincipaute you can vote for your favourite Monegasque.

Yes lilae, but still keeping the same woman around instead of constantly changing them, makes him appear less of a playboy. Though of course I agree that his choice of woman leaves much to be desired. But we all know what Rainers opinion on his son was and the longer he is in power, the more he proves his father to be right once more. Btw in the maprincipaute you can vote for your favourite Monegasque.
I voted... as some friends here.:D:D

I voted... as some friends here.:D:D
LOL, they forgot Charlene. She could be included easily as she spends more time in Monaco than Albert does. Then we could see if 74% of the Monegasques find her the bee's knees as Bunte wrote. Besides, the list is riddled with non-Monegasques (including the current no. 1, if I'm not mistaken) so she could fit right in. St. Dévote wasn't a Monegasque (she came from Corsica, IIRC) and Cousteau was French.
I'm surprised princess Grace isn't listed higher btw.
The greatest Monegasque in my book at the moment will be the one who manages to fix both the paper (blank) and the ma principaute website (only side bar). :wub: I feel extremely devoid of news. :ermm:

For those interested, my friends were at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting 25 August. Their table was in a prime location. The news is that Charlene was at the concert (and dinner) with PA.

Thanks for the additional pics, Cris, I had not noticed that nice red shirt yet Charlene wore :flowers:

Here are some more additional pics from last week - Albert and Charlene at the gala celebrating the
volunteers of the Games of the European Small States - 21 Aug 2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

For those interested, my friends were at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting 25 August. Their table was in a prime location. The news is that Charlene was at the concert (and dinner) with PA.
thanks Madame Concorde, was she bored with bad table manners as usual???:lol:

Here's an article from hellomagazine about Albert and Charlene:

---> link ---> pic

Here's an article from hellomagazine about Albert and Charlene:

---> link ---> pic
Funny that they would use a picture in which he follows the action with his binoculars, wheras she just stairs bored ahead. The caption is fun to read too. If we remember, hello once said that they don't write anything bad about the celebrities, then
Fortunately the couple share their love of sport, which means professional swimmer Charlene was unlikely to have minded too much that her royal love was clearly completely absorbed in the on-pitch action
means that even hello seems to underly that she is bored. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom