The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

some more pics:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7...3000009hj5.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9...3000001dz3.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7...3000003yw2.jpg (she looks very pretty in that one IMO)
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5...3000007vd3.jpg

(Sipa Press)

Old 08-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Charlene has given plenty of interviews to Bunte and Paris Match. She knew that they were only interested in respect to people being interested in who Albert was dating. She even had a PR person by her side at some point.
Quote:
Yes, PR is here when interviews.
Now, if there would have been anything beyond her being a swimmer and the usual platitudes of I love children and I am teaching swimming to underprivilidged children in South AFrica (she she hasn't been doing since she wasn't there much these last 18 months so can't be really meaning much to her and disappointing those children that she promissed to encourage doesn't seem to bother her either in her persuit of the tiara), I'm sure her PR would have made sure that we knew about it. I think that the truth is that what we saw so far and what she had to say until now, is really all there is. If she was fluent in French she'd given an interview to Paris Match in French by now to have people raving about her incredible progress in the language and her improvement in education - well the whole pretty woman story with an average looking gal. Unfortunetely they have blown up the Olympics story for buying Albert some time until after 2008 and put a lot of lies in the orbit like her competing in July returning mid August to South Africa to train etc etc.
Quote:
She said it after Telkom Games, and something about training!!! during summer in Europe.
Until then she will remain Alberts miserable looking walker for him to appear less playboy while trying to regain some respect at home.
I not sure that showing her it's a good way to regain some respect at home... when they both arrive people say "non, c'est pas vrai!!!..." when they see her or "t'as vu la meuf qui colle..."

Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Yes lilae, but still keeping the same woman around instead of constantly changing them, makes him appear less of a playboy. Though of course I agree that his choice of woman leaves much to be desired. But we all know what Rainers opinion on his son was and the longer he is in power, the more he proves his father to be right once more. Btw in the maprincipaute you can vote for your favourite Monegasque.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Yes lilae, but still keeping the same woman around instead of constantly changing them, makes him appear less of a playboy. Though of course I agree that his choice of woman leaves much to be desired. But we all know what Rainers opinion on his son was and the longer he is in power, the more he proves his father to be right once more. Btw in the maprincipaute you can vote for your favourite Monegasque.
I voted... as some friends here.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
I voted... as some friends here.
LOL, they forgot Charlene. She could be included easily as she spends more time in Monaco than Albert does. Then we could see if 74% of the Monegasques find her the bee's knees as Bunte wrote. Besides, the list is riddled with non-Monegasques (including the current no. 1, if I'm not mistaken) so she could fit right in. St. Dévote wasn't a Monegasque (she came from Corsica, IIRC) and Cousteau was French.
I'm surprised princess Grace isn't listed higher btw.
The greatest Monegasque in my book at the moment will be the one who manages to fix both the paper (blank) and the ma principaute website (only side bar). I feel extremely devoid of news.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Commoner

For those interested, my friends were at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting 25 August. Their table was in a prime location. The news is that Charlene was at the concert (and dinner) with PA.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks for the additional pics, Cris, I had not noticed that nice red shirt yet Charlene wore

Here are some more additional pics from last week - Albert and Charlene at the gala celebrating the
volunteers of the Games of the European Small States - 21 Aug 2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameConcorde View Post
For those interested, my friends were at the Tom Jones concert at the Sporting 25 August. Their table was in a prime location. The news is that Charlene was at the concert (and dinner) with PA.
thanks Madame Concorde, was she bored with bad table manners as usual???
Old 08-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's an article from hellomagazine about Albert and Charlene:

---> link ---> pic
Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

---> link ---> pic
Funny that they would use a picture in which he follows the action with his binoculars, wheras she just stairs bored ahead. The caption is fun to read too. If we remember, hello once said that they don't write anything bad about the celebrities, then
Quote:
Fortunately the couple share their love of sport, which means professional swimmer Charlene was unlikely to have minded too much that her royal love was clearly completely absorbed in the on-pitch action
means that even hello seems to underly that she is bored. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Commoner

Friends did not pay attention to PA and Charlene.

They only commented on Tom Jones who, they said, did a rather poor performance.

They said they had much preferred Diana Ross (at the Red Cross Ball).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
thanks Madame Concorde, was she bored with bad table manners as usual???
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameConcorde View Post
Friends did not pay attention to PA and Charlene.

They only commented on Tom Jones who, they said, did a rather poor performance.

They said they had much preferred Diana Ross (at the Red Cross Ball).
You wouldn't have thought so from the reviews. But apparently Patrick Bruel was sitting with him at th table too. Ah well, stars are not aways guarantee for quality.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Haven't been on this thread in a while. Seems like Charlene is doing more "sorta official" events with Albert as far as being the woman at his side. Is it safe to say none of the other girlfriends did this kind of thing?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Haven't been on this thread in a while. Seems like Charlene is doing more "sorta official" events with Albert as far as being the woman at his side. Is it safe to say none of the other girlfriends did this kind of thing?
I should think, even if (and I know not) however many or none of the other girls were treated in the same behavior--that he is treating her very special and appropriate. What and how else would a young lady of his expect to be treated. Apparently, she is his lady of honor. As far the future who knows.

But I think she has a splendid association, looks like it anyway. What do any of us know about their plans or agreements? Like the little pigs ,people can huff and puff but they haven't blown PA's 'house' down.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Majesty

If your post is missing, that's because it has been removed. For quite some time now, you have been asked to posts your comments regarding Albert and Charlene's relationship in the Albert and Charlene's Relationship thread in order to free the current events threads for current events.

I suggest you pay attention to the rules if you don't want to see your posts disappear into thin air.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

---> link ---> pic
Thanks Iceflower as usual you are on top of what's new on Monaco's front. Charlene looks like she is intent on what she is watching. Albert's reminds me of a typical man with a remote in his hand during a commercial. Gotta see more.

P.S. to Moderators nice job giving Albert his own section.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for the additional pics, Cris, I had not noticed that nice red shirt yet Charlene wore

Here are some more additional pics from last week - Albert and Charlene at the gala celebrating the
volunteers of the Games of the European Small States - 21 Aug 2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Absolutely no chemistry between them.....
Old 08-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga101 View Post
I should think, even if (and I know not) however many or none of the other girls were treated in the same behavior--that he is treating her very special and appropriate. What and how else would a young lady of his expect to be treated. Apparently, she is his lady of honor. As far the future who knows.
Well, I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I guess she is it at the moment.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

It seems that Bunte has once again an article in their print version claiming that their outfits are telling what they aren't telling. I suppose they are talking about the volunteers party. It would have been very odd if Charlene would have been wearing a different outfit then the over 400 other guests. But as usual Bunte is badly informed and making things up as they go. I suppose they aren't commenting on the glum looks and Charlenes lack of interest in what is happening around her.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Nobility

I think Charlene getting tired.