The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

I read a funny article, in Canalstars.com la chaîne people : Charlene Wittstock est moins écolo qu'Albert... - en matière de voiture, chacun son truc !

Charlene Wittstock is less a Green than Albert...

I died from laughter

lckc571

Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Apparently Albert and Charlene were at a reception last night at the cityhall. She was wearing black again, showing off her belly. Definetely not the way to dress IMO. (you can only see her briefly as they come in: looks like she is wearing a bikinitop with a skirt or wide pants, all in black - did anyone die or does she just think that she can't go wrong with black? There are other colours in the spectrum) You can see video here breves Centre de Presse

Old 07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Apparently Albert and Charlene were at a reception last night at the cityhall. She was wearing black again, showing off her belly. Definetely not the way to dress IMO. (you can only see her briefly as they come in: looks like she is wearing a bikinitop with a skirt or wide pants, all in black - did anyone die or does she just think that she can't go wrong with black? There are other colours in the spectrum) You can see video here breves Centre de Presse
Wow great catch paca. What was the reception for this time? He is going to too many I think. Once again she is behind him and looking a bit lost. But then I guess she is at these things. I'm not sure why he brings her if she is always walking behind him by herself.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

She has to walk behind him on these official occasions, whether she wants to or not. I'd rather have her walk dressed instead of half naked behind him: belly uncovered, low decollete and open back. Sorry, too much skin. And it is not that hot here to warrant the outfit. Albert wears a suit and she is half naked, maybe even transparent as it seems very light fabric and even when you wear black, more often then not things that shouldn't be revealed are in plain sight.

Not quite sure what this reception was about, but before they are going on holidays for the summer there are often receptions like that. I'll find out more from the paper tomorrow I guess. Holidays for officials usually start right after the ball, that's why a lot of things are being done just around that time.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 25.7.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco (2ndL) and his friend Charlene Wittstock (C) of South Africa, follow the
Herculis Athletics meeting, 25 July 2007 at the Louis II stadium in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE

---> Pic
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

Newscom.com | Login
maybe someone can post the bigger versions
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

There was also a concert at the palace yesterday at the same time. I guess sport won over culture. But the meeting had of course a bonus: it was followed by a party.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

Surprise surprise, the print version of Bunte seems to have another article about the lovebirds. Also about Charlotte apparently. Bunte should give Charlene and Albert their own section since they are reporting weekly nowadays. Next week it will be about the ball I guess.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
There was also a concert at the palace yesterday at the same time. I guess sport won over culture. But the meeting had of course a bonus: it was followed by a party.
Remember her at the concert in Menton last year? Of course sports won out.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Albert is perhaps training her: She must have right table manners during Red Cross Ball. He takes her in his luggages when he has a dinner!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

You can see some pictures of the athletic event in Deadline Photo Press. I think she looks very pretty and they seem very happy together.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
You can see some pictures of the athletic event in Deadline Photo Press. I think she looks very pretty and they seem very happy together.
I'm sorry but him, he doesn't really happy, no smiley, wrinklings of eyebrows, so that's right the happiness "No I do not want this happiness there"
lckc571
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Hate to be devil's advocate, but that's looks like a belt to me. {personal comment deleted - Elspeth}
Old 07-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Nobility

Are there any photos of Prince Albert and Charlene at the reception?

(Unfortunately I can't look at videos at work)

Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
Are there any photos of Prince Albert and Charlene at the reception?

(Unfortunately I can't look at videos at work)

Thanks
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...el/mairie2.jpg
A capture of the video of the lovely couple arriving for the do at the mayor's office.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Ghislaine. It looks though on the pic more like one of Isabelle Kristensens belly free creations then a belt. It is too much like her skin tone to be a belt too (unless of course it is transparent ).
Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Nobility

Paca, I think you might be right. I've taken a new screen cap and enlarged it a bit and it might be skin after all: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...el/CWbelly.jpg
The dress looks familiar, but I don't really recall where I've seen it before.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Commoner

Yes, it looked familiar for me, too. And after a while I remembered that Stephanie wore this dress or a very similar one at the Red Cross Ball 2004 . Maybe she lent it to Charlene?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Paca, I think you might be right. I've taken a new screen cap and enlarged it a bit and it might be skin after all: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...el/CWbelly.jpg
The dress looks familiar, but I don't really recall where I've seen it before.
Didn't Princess Stephanie wear a similar dress to one of the balls a few years ago? Maybe 2004? (Sorry, I don't remember exactly which ball or which year!)
Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
That's what I asked myself, too. And after a while I remembered that Stephanie wore this dress or a very similar one at the Red Cross Ball 2004 . Maybe she lent it to Charlene?

Thanks Poisonivy - we must have been posting at the same time!
I'm glad you remembered - that is the dress I was thinking of too!