The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Nobility

The fact that the Hock lawyers always seem so front-and-center whenever there is media around and making every effort to ridicule Pierre makes me think that they don't have much of a case and they know it. As for the latest load about being on disability for a month ... (sigh) ... every time I hear outrage over this I am reminded of why the United States will never ever be able to have a national healthcare system. When you have a national healthcare system it is for everyone, whether you are rich or poor, and organizing care for entire populations can only be done if there are strict guidelines that apply to everyone even if in individual cases it seems ridiculous, that is just the price you pay of having a system where everyone is looked after in the same way. The stuff about Pierre being 'qualified' for disability for a month does not mean he was actually given compensation, it does not mean he was laid up for a month, it just means that according to the rules in place, for the injuries he had, he was entitled to that by the government. It's not near as outrageous as it is being made to sound.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

In a French magazine they said he claimed he could not work during 30 days.

But he has NO work, so he could not go out to nightclubs during 30 days !

Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
In a French magazine they said he claimed he could not work during 30 days.

But he has NO work, so he could not go out to nightclubs during 30 days !
I'm sorry but he does have a work. He takes care of his late father helicopter's renting company. He actually lives in Monaco and he works.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Fandesacs Thanks for correcting - regards MO
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Jean Dujardin and Wife Arrive at the Cannes Film Fest 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Pierre arriving in Nice a few days ago (before the Grand Prix, I believe) with, although not with with Jean Dujardin and his wife. I kind of wish we could see more of his outfit. That's one of the things I love about him: his fashion sense. He looks tired though.
People don't seem to notice him at all. ?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
People in Nice shoul be used to see the Grimaldis travelling!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
People in Nice shoul be used to see the Grimaldis travelling!!
Absolutely. ! But what I find interesting and good is that it looks as if he can move about freely without any hassle. ?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post

Do you mean Dujardin or press in general? I don't think he and Dujardin know each other. They were just on the same flight. Press-wise, for all his foibles , Pierre is no attention whore and he looks to be moving out of the camera's way or they didn't notice him behind a recent Oscar winner.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Do you mean Dujardin or press in general? I don't think he and Dujardin know each other. They were just on the same flight. Press-wise, for all his foibles , Pierre is no attention whore and he looks to be moving out of the camera's way or they didn't notice him behind a recent Oscar winner.
I meant the press in general.

Yes, I agree that he doesn't appear to be courting attention at all.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Is there any news about the Hock trial? Is Pierre ever going to have to go back to NY to testify or what?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

Hock pled not guilty in May and the trial is supposed to be around the end of July.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pierre is currently on vacation on the Italian island Capri together with Beatrice and some other friends.
Some of the pics suggest that he smoked or tasted a joint. A bit disappointing for his age and position
in case it's true.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** kika/belga gallery **

** oe24.at article and gallery: Pierre Casiraghi: Raucht er etwa einen Joint? ** translation **
Old 06-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

His position? What position would that be? He is the commoner son of a princess but holds no official position and only rarely attends official events in the principality and even then usually social ones like a Ball.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

...and he loves Beatrice!(Pic 3) xD
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
His position? What position would that be? He is the commoner son of a princess but holds no official position and only rarely attends official events in the principality and even then usually social ones like a Ball.
Exactly that position: as a member of a Princely family with occasional representative duties and frequently confronted with media attention.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Courtier

What's the problem bewtween Grimaldis and the german press? First they say that Caroline was drunk at the Monte Carlo beach club, now Pierre smokes cannabis during his holidays... I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems that the german press's aim is to destroy Caroline's image.
However: nice to see that Piere and Bea are so in love!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Even if he was smoking a joint, whats the big deal about that? A rather high percentage of the general population under the age of 65 at sometime in their lives has done it.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
What's the problem bewtween Grimaldis and the german press? First they say that Caroline was drunk at the Monte Carlo beach club, now Pierre smokes cannabis during his holidays... I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems that the german press's aim is to destroy Caroline's image.

hm.....dont u think that's revenge from Carolina's husband ( i dunno are they divorced with Ernest or not)
may be it's from first Ernest's wife..... who knows

as for me Pierre and Bea photos are very lovely. and quite. like they grown up a little bit:)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post

It's a website from Austria not from Germany

NGalitzine, in case you are still referring to my disappointment comment and not the article itself: it's my personal attitude towards hard and soft drugs. A matter of opinion as always.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

The will have to pay damages to Caroline !