The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Nobility

^ I hope it's not in the historical part of the city. I don't think that's cool either, actually it annoys me! But, I taught there are like more "underground" areas of the city where it's ok to do that!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:35 PM

^ It looks like a wall that already had a motif or something. Like he was adding onto it. Well, I would hope that is the case.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I think it says that in Verbier he went skiing ....... backwards? And he went last Sunday to the Nobel Club, where he flirted with a blonde girl, and his stepfather was there. It says something about James Blunt having a house there (in Verbier) and Sarah Ferguson often skiing there. I can't understand anything else.
No, it says he is able to do a salto backwards from the divingboard. He knows the "Monaco-diet" and practises it: drink, smoke, chill.
The parts about James Blunt and Sarah Ferguson are right. But then: A blond girl hit on him (can you say it like this??) and they were making out. Some boys were coming and tried to hit on her.?? Afterwards you can see what the young "partyking" learned from his stepfather, prince Ernst August. Pierre got really angry and was beating the other guy up. (the pictures can be seen in the magazines printed edition).

Anyway that is where the title of the article is coming from: Is that the new "beating-prince"? (I don't know how to translate better)
Prügel-Prinz (Beating-Prince) is the German press' nickname for Ernst-August.

The comments are really angry (a little amusing). They hope the spoilt "nobleman" is being punished like a normal person. "Those" people think they can do whatever they want and someone should take the money away from the whole nobility, so they can do some honest work.

Sorry for my translation, it sounds a little weird.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice article on Pierre and his graffiti on "Corriere della sera" on line
Casiraghi jr graffitaro a Milano . Corriere della Sera
and one on "tgcom"
Tgcom - Pierre principe dei graffitari
I am sorry, they both are in Italian.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Here is the Novella 2000 article
Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

My italian is not very good but i think the first article says he has slipted up with Emillie. Am I rigth?

About the graffiti: I think it's not beautifull at all. I really don't like grafitis. If he wants to express something he should find another way
Old 12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
My italian is not very good but i think the first article says he has slipted up with Emillie. Am I rigth?
You are right!
Your Italian is good!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

[quote=julliette;704900]My italian is not very good but i think the first article says he has slipted up with Emillie. Am I rigth?

You are. According to that article they have split up, as she's found another boyfriend.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Can someone translate the Tgcom article about the graffiti art?

Here is the TGCom enlarged photo of the "graffiti artist": http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/bin/337...maginetake.jpg

What does it say about what he wrote or drew on the wall, and about where in the city he committed this act? I'm curious to know if it was in a historical or artistic area where this would be appropriate/inappropriate.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

I always thought Emilie was too good for him, sorry. And i really don't like the graffiti thing. It's really disrespectful,it's like he's trying to be someone he's not.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Courtier

In the Corriere article Pierre is quoted saying he thought about leaving Milan because he is obsessed by the press and the photographers; it is true that Italian mags have photos of him almost every other week. A friend of mine, who studies at Bocconi, confirmed that all the students are quite annoyed as, due to Pierre's and Luigi Berlusconi's (son of Italian ex Prime Minister) presence, they are constantly surrounded by hords of paparazzi.
I guess Andrea out of the Trio, was the one who picked the best place for being left alone!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I guess Andrea out of the Trio, was the one who picked the best place for being left alone!
Maybe Charlotte too. The British press aren't giving her any attention, except for the odd poll and mega media event like the Lagerfeld show, where attention is expected, nay promoted.

I wonder if it would be a bad idea, however, for Pierre to leave now that he is in the second year of his course. He could transfer to another school but he would be starting over, and that's always hard, and the other school will have different everything. Well, Stefano also left Bocconi before finishing the economics degree, supposedly because he was restless and over eager to begin his career. Maybe like father, like son?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Pierre said he thought about leaving, due to the excessive pressure, but has decided to saty because "I am Italian like the others". So I expect him to keep studying in Bocconi.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Pierre said he thought about leaving, due to the excessive pressure, but has decided to saty because "I am Italian like the others".
But didn't he say in the same interview: "You Italians are crazy people"?
What if he played the graffiti artist on the walls of the Pink Palace?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What does it say about what he wrote or drew on the wall, and about where in the city he committed this act? I'm curious to know if it was in a historical or artistic area where this would be appropriate/inappropriate.
Thanks in advance.
It says that he probably drew a face of a woman or maybe his own self portrait.
It doesn't say where is the wall, but I am sure that he was not allowed.
I guess that he could be fined, but he could also be prosecuted.
It says that a journalist of Corriere della sera talked to him and said : "compliments for your performance".
First, Pierre said "Grazie" (thanks), then he added, very angry: "don't you have anything better to do rather then taking care/following me".
Then the article says about the problems of the graffitis and about the fact that someone like them and don't want them to be cleaned, but of course, if they are not on historical walls and monuments.

In the article on Corriere della sera, Pierre first says:"I sometimes think of leaving Milan because I cannot live here, you are crazy people."
Then he says: "why should I leave? I am Italian like you all."
I can't understand.
Anyways, it is true that a lot of "paparazzi" follow him all the time, but if he spent more time at university or at home, studying, as most of the University students do, nobody would follow him. He is not the only famous student in Milan, but he is the one who is always "on stage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
What if he played the graffiti artist on the walls of the Pink Palace?
Right!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post

Anyways, it is true that a lot of "paparazzi" follow him all the time, but if he spent more time at university or at home, studying, as most of the University students do, nobody would follow him. He is not the only famous student in Milan, but he is the one who is always "on stage".
Right!
As far as I know Pierre does spend time at University, but the University buildings are sieged by paparazzi. And we actually got more pics of him taken by day in shops/streets than at night clubbing. I'm sure he also parties but so do my other friends who attend that University; then when it is time to take exams they focus on the books.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Pierre's actions are the direct result of his choices, and his actions bring consequences. He draws a face on a wall; he attracts criticism for that. He brought that on himself. If he did this in Philadelphia or Los Angeles, it might be thought to be appropriate; actually, I doubt anyone would care and I think they might find it cute or something. But it seems that it is not appropriate in Milan, or is already a major problem there, so his doing it has brought on criticism, and he has only himself to blame for it.

Pierre wants the paparazzi to back off and respect his privacy. Then he defaces a wall in the city. He is not showing the city much respect; yet he is outraged that he is not respected in turn. Pierre, if you give respect, it will come to you in turn. But you have to give it!!!! On a similar vein, Pierre, if you focus on the paparazzi that is what you will get more of.

Pierre says to that paparazzo, "Don't you have something better to do?"
I say to Pierre, "Don't you have something better to do than address them, give them time of day?

Sorry, but it seems to me that Pierre is being something of an idiot. If Pierre didn't do things that make magazines buy the pics (like skateboarding on sidewalks, drawing graffiti on public property, hanging out with models) the paparazzi would have to spend their time following people more exciting. If he does not want to be a celebrity, he should not behave like one.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Pierre's actions are the direct result of his choices, and his actions bring consequences. He draws a face on a wall; he attracts criticism for that. He brought that on himself. If he did this in Philadelphia or Los Angeles, it might be thought to be appropriate; actually, I doubt anyone would care and I think they might find it cute or something. But it seems that it is not appropriate in Milan, or is already a major problem there, so his doing it has brought on criticism, and he has only himself to blame for it.

Pierre wants the paparazzi to back off and respect his privacy. Then he defaces a wall in the city. He is not showing the city much respect; yet he is outraged that he is not respected in turn. Pierre, if you give respect, it will come to you in turn. But you have to give it!!!! On a similar vein, Pierre, if you focus on the paparazzi that is what you will get more of.

Pierre says to that paparazzo, "Don't you have something better to do?"
I say to Pierre, "Don't you have something better to do than address them, give them time of day?

Sorry, but it seems to me that Pierre is being something of an idiot. If Pierre didn't do things that make magazines buy the pics (like skateboarding on sidewalks, drawing graffiti on public property, hanging out with models) the paparazzi would have to spend their time following people more exciting. If he does not want to be a celebrity, he should not behave like one.

I agree with you 100% CasiraghiTrio. He is 20 years old and he should know by now what makes the paparazzi tick and what they want! I do not feel sorry for Pierre. Maybe after this incident he will see what he actions are making him look like in the public and he will begin to act more responsibily. Don't get me wrong I still love Pierre but a person can tone down their actions and still be liked as well.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If Pierre didn't do things that make magazines buy the pics (like skateboarding on sidewalks, drawing graffiti on public property, hanging out with models) the paparazzi would have to spend their time following people more exciting. If he does not want to be a celebrity, he should not behave like one.
I respectfully disagree: paparazzi follow Pierre and take pictures of him not only while he is drawing graffiti, or doing extraordinary things, but also when he is doing absolutely normal things (we saw pics of him riding a bike...nothing extravagant about that!) As far as I know paparazzi follow Pierre 24/7, and that's why we get pics of him shopping, walking around, when he had a minor car accident, etc.
I think such a state of thing must be unnerving for someone who's living a perfectly normal student life (again, as far as I've been told), and that's why I understand his complaining; plus, I still have to see him do something seriously wrong: we can disagree with the drawing of graffitis (I'm not a fan) but it is certainly a very minor infraction.
In my opinion we are witnessing a standard tendency of press and public opinion: they put a person on a pedestal when he/she becomes famous, only to attack him/her at the first little mistake. I think we should try to be a little more balanced both in praising and in chastising.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Nobility

^ Yes, I agree!
He can't stop living his life just because paparazzi follow him, but also he's not a celebrity, meaning he didn't ask for it, so no matter what he does they'll follow him. If it was as CasiraghiTrio said then we wouldn't have his baby, little kid, teen pics! My point is that he was born into all this, so IMO he's got right to complain (unlike actors, musicians, etc...who knew what they were getting into)

Closed Thread