The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacris
:) thanks for the answer hillary nugent.
No problems at all dearie :) if you have anymore questions go ahead and ask! ^^ us Pierre fans love talking about him hahaha

Old 10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

amen
i wish someone would take better pictures of pierre and his hair already...

i saw someone who looked like him at amherst this weekend and i was like, too bad its not really him =( his uncle went there too right?

Old 10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Commoner

mhm, uncle albert went to amherst.

now, is pierre taking a gap year?
Old 10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

i asked that too.. but idriel told me that it was a british thing.. so im not too sure
Old 10-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailstalia
i asked that too.. but idriel told me that it was a british thing.. so im not too sure
Actually, even in the US it seems more and more people are taking a gap year so for Pierre that could be the case. We'll just have to wait until we see more photos before we know for sure...
Old 10-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Commoner

I was wondering if Pierre took one because it seems that Charlotte took a little time off.

It says in the September 12th issue of People magazine:

"After acing her high school exams... [Charlotte] has taken a year off to party in Paris, ski in Austria and hit Monaco's beaches."

Of course... no Pierre in the article =/
Old 10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

too bad =/ pierres too private... which is good for him and bad for his fans!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, he is too private. He should be more like his relatives and become a public figure.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

I think all of them (the Trio, as well as Caroline and Ernst) would like to be "private citizens," but they come from royal families - making that impossible. Since the Trio doesn't hold official titles, they can enjoy some privacy (they would never formally inviting the press/media along on their dates and other outings, etc, as those in the entertainment industry actually do), but if they are spotted, unfortunately, it's going to be recorded. I think, now that Pierre has matured and recently dramatically changed his look, he's become more of a media darling. However, I don't think he's inviting the attention (nor are his siblings) while in school, or on his gap year - whichever he's enjoying.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't really think they have privacy because they don't have titles.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Yeah, unfortunately, their lack of titles has never protected them much. They've been in magazines since they were babies, in Europe at least.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I don't really think they have privacy because they don't have titles.
Time would tell wether or not Albert will have a heir....
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
I think all of them (the Trio, as well as Caroline and Ernst) would like to be "private citizens," but they come from royal families - making that impossible. Since the Trio doesn't hold official titles, they can enjoy some privacy (they would never formally inviting the press/media along on their dates and other outings, etc, as those in the entertainment industry actually do), but if they are spotted, unfortunately, it's going to be recorded. I think, now that Pierre has matured and recently dramatically changed his look, he's become more of a media darling. However, I don't think he's inviting the attention (nor are his siblings) while in school, or on his gap year - whichever he's enjoying.
Oh yes, just private citizens with enormous riches: very nice for them, isn't it?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Aristocracy

nice indeed i actually do wonder if they've ever wanted titles... they didn't get any for their own protection... but what if they did want them? Can't they choose to take one if they wish?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailstalia
nice indeed i actually do wonder if they've ever wanted titles... they didn't get any for their own protection... but what if they did want them? Can't they choose to take one if they wish?
Hey, that gives me an idea for a fun game! Let's title them! (We can do it in Andrea's and Char's threads too). What title can we give Pierre?

His Serene Highness Prince Pierre of Monaco, Duke of Hotties?! :p
Old 10-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

good idea! hmmm i say...
His Serene Highness Pierre of Monaco, Duke of Good Looks and Count of Charms
Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Commoner

Is it just Monaco that refers to their royals as "Their Serene Highnesses?"

Why isn't it "Their Royal Highnesses?"

And, if the Casiraghis had titles... would that make it just a little harder for someone like, oh I don't know, you or me, to marry into the family? =X
Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity
Is it just Monaco that refers to their royals as "Their Serene Highnesses?"
Why isn't it "Their Royal Highnesses?"
And, if the Casiraghis had titles... would that make it just a little harder for someone like, oh I don't know, you or me, to marry into the family? =X
The reason why the Monaco Royals are Serene Highness is because Monaco is a Principality. Therefore, there aren't any Kings or Queens only a ruling Prince or Princess.

As for marrying one of the Casiraghis, I think with or without a title it will still be hard for any average Jane or average Joe to marry one of them. Well, because even though they don't have a title their still "royal," they are after all in line to the throne of Monaco. But in my opinion, I really don't think that any of them will likely marry anyone outside their social circle. I mean look at the people they have liked or gone out with thus-far:

Andrea is going out with tatiana who is like uber rich
Charlotte is going out with Felix and I think his dad is rich or something
Pierre liked Valentine Pozzo di Borgo who was rich (I use her as an example because I don't know who Pierre's girlfriend is or if he even has one right now)

Well, anyway, that my opinion! :)
Old 10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Oh, the reason why the Casiraghis don't have a title is because their dad didn't have one. And if they want one then Prince Albert would have to adopt them and then they would have to take the name Grimaldi. But don't take my word for it because I could be wrong.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think the other way the Trio would gain a title would be if their mother - Princess Caroline - takes the throne following Prince Albert (instead of stepping aside for Andrea), and gives them their titles, officially; then, after her reign, she would pass it along to Andrea, etc.