The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Wow, Vanity Fair have a short memory. The Royal Wedding of the Year certainly has happened in Stockholm last month, with Kings and Queens on the guest list, live broadcast, tiaras, etc.

But this has the potential for a second place in the 'wedding of the year competition'. I just hope that they allow a variety of pictures from both ceremonies. I shudder to think of the Andrea-Tatiana wedding. They just published a few wide shots of the wedding picture, and from the church wedding there were just a handfull of paparazzi pic. One couldn't even see the wedding gown! Should something like that happen again, the Pierre-Beatrice wedding won't make it to my personal weddings-of-the-year-list.

At least Vanity Fair used 'Countess Casiraghi' tongue in cheek, while many publications have used 'Prince Casiraghi' (for Andrea and Pierre) in more serious ways.
I hjave my doubts that there will be much pics from the civil Wedding. As it takes palce in the Palace in Monaco there will probably no pics who are not released by the Family. And for the civil Wedding i think there might be some of the guests arriving like it was at the wedding of Beatrice's halfsister Matilda to Prince Antonio zu Fürstenberg and some more official pics in an italien Magazine.
With Andrea's Wedding i never understand why they did not allow a few photographers before the Church and posed for them.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I also think we won't get many pictures neither from the civil ceremony, nor from the religious one. The Isolino San Giovanni, where the religious wedding will be taking place not only is it a property of Beatrice's father, but it's also well protected by luxuriant vegetation, which makes it very difficult for the paparazzi to take pictures both from the water and from above. They've purposedly chosen this small island, although it is very close to the lake shore.
Besides the pictures will be published by the mags and tabs belonging to the Turin's 'sacred family', whom Beatrice is related to via her half sister Lavinia.

Anyway that article is one of the stupidest I've have read. The author shows his/her ignorance about Italy and her culture. He/she mentioned pizza, but forgot spaghetti and mandolino, but most of all the magic word 'mafia'. Thanks Bea for contributing to trash your native country, with all your fake interviews to the Calabrian mafiosi! They're not so stupid as you depicted them in your articles and documentaries. I don't buy the story they compete with each other to phone you to get interviewed by you....

Besides, who would want to name his/her daughter Abbondanza: it's not a given name (what if the poor girl turns out to grow short and skinny?). Bertolucci is a surname (ok, a friend of my grandfather was named Mazzini, but it was long ago); Castafiore? Where does this name come up? Last but not least she's not a countess, she can't even be called 'donna', since she was born out of the wedlock.

I'm wondering if she is having this song played at her wedding.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

For me this is the wedding of year, mostly because I couldn't have give a hoot for CPs

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Furstin Taxis, I feel the same way. THIS is the Wedding of the Year.

And I think Vanity Fair must share our sentiments as well!

BTW I think VF is one of the more sophisticated of the tabloid glossies. They know full well how titles work and the difference between a Royal wedding vs. an aristocratic high society wedding which is what the Casiraghi/Borromeo affair will be.

They were just (trying) to have a little fun.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree with both
Old 07-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
For me this is the wedding of year, mostly because I couldn't have give a hoot for CPs
Lol, yes there is such a thing as a personal wedding of the year. I don't care much for CP either, but as (nearly) everybody knows, I'm absolutely crazy about tiaras . I guess that from a press perspective this wedding in Monaco and Italy will be a disappointment, because there probably won't be many pics. And what is a gossip mag without glitzy pictures?

I like the idea of everybody wearing national costumes at the civil wedding party. (If that rumour ist true.) It makes me fantasize about what kind of wedding dress Bea will wear.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I hjave my doubts that there will be much pics from the civil Wedding. As it takes palce in the Palace in Monaco there will probably no pics who are not released by the Family. And for the civil Wedding i think there might be some of the guests arriving like it was at the wedding of Beatrice's halfsister Matilda to Prince Antonio zu Fürstenberg and some more official pics in an italien Magazine.
With Andrea's Wedding i never understand why they did not allow a few photographers before the Church and posed for them.

I guess we'll only have ( if any... ) an «official» photo like the one we had from Andrea and Tatiana´s civil wedding... Uhm...
Old 07-25-2015, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

So it's the same day as the Red Cross Ball ! A busy day for the Royal family. I don't quite get how that works with regard to a reception.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
So it's the same day as the Red Cross Ball ! A busy day for the Royal family. I don't quite get how that works with regard to a reception.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
The Red Cross Ball is in the evening. We don't know at which time the Wedding takes place today but if it is around noon or earlier there should be no Problems.
And usually the Casiraghi siblings don't attend the Red Cross Ball as the dio at the Rose Ball.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Beatrice Borromeo for Vogue Italy Magazine - Haute Couture Supplement September 2015
imgbox - fast, simple image host
Old 08-30-2015, 11:26 PM

she looks amazing in this photoshoot! love!

_______

RDuJour » royals
Old 08-31-2015, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Stunning, stunning , stunning.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Very dramatic - I like it. Not her usual look, at all.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Sooooo beautiful!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
What's going on with the empire waist of photo #3 that the ribbon is being tugged? That's not her hand?
Old 08-31-2015, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

To me it looks like a "bird" attached to the dress which is pulling on the ribbon .... ??? All very dramatic and Goth. She is a beautiful young woman but I prefer her usual look to the heavy eye makeup and dark lipstick. I guess it is supposed to look "arty".
Old 08-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

I like her in these pictures, she seems to put out some charachter and personality which i found missing in her past poses
Old 08-31-2015, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

I just adore Paolo Roversi' style of photography.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

One word: Divine
Old 08-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

The Italian caption says that the dresses, in sequence are by Valentino, Chanel and Armani Prive'. The "bird" spotted is described as an eagle... let's fly high

Closed Thread

Tags
beatrice, beatrice borromeo, pierre casiraghi