Pauline, Louis, Camille Current Events 1 : Jan.2003 - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sure does have quite some from his mother. But between Steph's kids he's the one less similar. Camille looks like her the most, Pauline's in the middle and Louis is the one that looks less like mom. He's mostly an Albert/Daniel mix.

Originally posted by moosey60@Jan 10th, 2004 - 8:12 pm
Hmmmm...I guess, I always thought that Louis and Pauline look more like their father. Take a look at Camille...THERE'S a Stephanie clone. Same face, same expressions...Camille's a little combo of Stephanie and Grace.
There is certainly a general similar look to both Albert and Louis, and Daniel Ducruet's influence is clear; but if you look at the shape and set Louis's ears, his square full chin, and his full slightly pouty lips right in the center of his chin and jaw- especially in those shots with he and Pauline with their dad in the stands, his face is chiseled remarkably like Stephanie's.

And yes, Camille's resemblance to Stephanie is indeed startling, both features and expressions.

Originally posted by renats@Apr 8th, 2004 - 5:56 pm
He sure does have quite some from his mother. But between Steph's kids he's the one less similar. Camille looks like her the most, Pauline's in the middle and Louis is the one that looks less like mom. He's mostly an Albert/Daniel mix.
I do think the line from Louis' ears and nose down to his jaw and lips are sculpted very very much like Stephanie's. Some photos show it better than others.

Originally posted by mapie+Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mapie @ Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-renats@Apr 8th, 2004 - 5:56 pm
I do think the line from Louis' ears and nose down to his jaw and lips are sculpted very very much like Stephanie's. Some photos show it better than others. [/b][/quote]
I agree with everything except for the lips. I think that his lips are even fuller than Stephanie's(and that he got from her) but the shape is different. And they close in a different way. And even though he does look like Steph quite a bit, he looks less than Camille and Pauline do.

Originally posted by mapie@Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:16 pm
we're mainly talking about Pauline here (who is looking absolutely lovely these days - her beauty is really maturing fast)
Actually, Pauline is not as beautiful as she used to be because of her braces. They changed all of her face structure. But that's quite normal. Her amazing natural beauty will come back a while after she takes them off. ;)

Okay, hmm, how can I start this, first of all I'd like to make clear that this is not meant as an offense to anybody.

It's nice and interesting to talk about Steph's kids, about their resemblences to no matter who and for those who are interested in the personalities I even find it okay to talk about that...

But still you'll have to remeber that these kids are still children. Children, you know, need a certain kind of protection, so in my opinion nobody should talk about them or make any statements about them as if they were adults, such as stating how lovely, adorable and sweet they are all the tme. Sure the're cute ( all children are cute) but they are still children and I believe that these kinds of statements could be missunderstood in one way or the other.
I know you don't mean it that way...so be careful that you don't give yourself a kinda wierd image. Glorifiyng a 9 year old child that way sounds bizarre sometimes.

I hope nobody minds me saying that. It's just an advice.

Take care ....

Michelle

Originally posted by michelle@Apr 18th, 2004 - 11:06 am
Okay, hmm, how can I start this, first of all I'd like to make clear that this is not meant as an offense to anybody.

It's nice and interesting to talk about Steph's kids, about their resemblences to no matter who and for those who are interested in the personalities I even find it okay to talk about that...

But still you'll have to remeber that these kids are still children. Children, you know, need a certain kind of protection, so in my opinion nobody should talk about them or make any statements about them as if they were adults, such as stating how lovely, adorable and sweet they are all the tme. Sure the're cute ( all children are cute) but they are still children and I believe that these kinds of statements could be missunderstood in one way or the other.
I know you don't mean it that way...so be careful that you don't give yourself a kinda wierd image. Glorifiyng a 9 year old child that way sounds bizarre sometimes.

I hope nobody minds me saying that. It's just an advice.

Take care ....

Michelle
Excuse me! I'm a future child psychologist that take an interest in children. I never talked about Pauline as if she was an adult and I would be the first one to protest against who did it. From what I know, lovely or sweet are not words for adults only. I do not glorify the kid! I think that she has an interesting personality and that she is very beautiful(in a stetic way). My interest in her very much about that and NOT for some sick pleasure.

I know that you didn't mean that as an offense but it is quite offensive. After the last circus festival, everybody was talking about Camille all the time. Why nothing was said about that? There's no reason for it(I hope).

It's the same in Camille's case. I'll try to put it that way : If I were Stephanie and I happen to read these statements about my 5 and 9 year old daughters on some messageboard I'd always be a bit worried. Just because it sounds strange repeating how lovely and beautiful the girls are over and over again.
What's so interesting about their carecters? They're normal kids, doing all things that a million kids around the world do. And how can you all be sure about what their carecter is like. they never said anything in public, they're not even too concious about their status as a celebrity.
I just try to see that through Stephanie's eys....I know she wouldn't be too happy about this.

Originally posted by michelle@Apr 18th, 2004 - 4:00 pm
It's the same in Camille's case. I'll try to put it that way : If I were Stephanie and I happen to read these statements about my 5 and 9 year old daughters on some messageboard I'd always be a bit worried. Just because it sounds strange repeating how lovely and beautiful the girls are over and over again.
What's so interesting about their carecters? They're normal kids, doing all things that a million kids around the world do. And how can you all be sure about what their carecter is like. they never said anything in public, they're not even too concious about their status as a celebrity.
I just try to see that through Stephanie's eys....I know she wouldn't be too happy about this.
I read many times about the personalities of Louis and Pauline. A lot was published about it. Not so much about Camille. When Daniel is interviewed he usually talks about his kids. And I find her personality interesting. I know that she's a normal kid, doing what normal kids do, etc. But if I'll be a child psychologist, it is because I'm interested in what normal kids do. I'm interested in many other kids, I just don't talk about them here because it's not a relevant topic since they're not at all related to the princely family.

I think that any danger that she may have is NOT because some people find her precious and say that in a message board. That can never be bad if done in a health way. What ever danger she may have, it is because some sick pedos would "use" her pics, etc. And if they want to do that, they will just buy a magazine and do it. My posts will have no influence in it what so ever. There's no way I can help to protect her regarding that since she does show up in the magazines with or without my posts.

Originally posted by michelle@Apr 18th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
To my knowledge, Stephanie does not read the comments made here by LTR members, nor do other royals. And from the comments I have read here, about not only Pauline and Camille, but about other young royal offspring, very rarely, are negative comments made about young children. So, even if Stephanie were to read this forum, what is so bad about hearing that people in the world think her daughters are pretty or have interesting personalities from what they can perceive from pictures?

And as I think that the majority of the members here will probably never meet Pauline or Camille, and can never judge for themselves what kind of character these girls have, then what is the problem in making such innocent comments based on pictures? If you read in the Swedish forum, Carl Phillip's girlfriend and Madeleine's boyfriend have never given interviews or made any public comments and it is not a problem to comment on the two of them. Maybe because they are older it is a bit of a different scenario, but based on your comments the reason we shouldn't comment on Pauline or Camille is because they are young and have never commented publicly about anything. On this basis, I would only say that one should be more cautious in making comments about Pauline or Camille based on their age, but certainly not to make no comments at all.

If you read any other forum here, any thread about young royal offspring inevitably have phrases such as adorable, cute, gorgeous, etc. What is the problem with saying, for example, that Felix of Denmark has the most adorable pinchable cheeks? There is no harm that I can see in paying him such a compliment.

And the point of things here is to discuss royal-related news and issues and matters, etc. If someone posts a picture of Pauline or Camille at some event (such as the circus) and someone comments that they thought Camille looked lovely that day, what is the harm in that? What else is there to say other than to thank the person who posted the pictures for doing so? That would make for a pretty boring MB!

I agree. there's no harm in saying that Pauline is precious, gorgeous and have an interesting personality. Most of us don't know steph, Caorline or Charlotte either but we do comment on their personality based on what we read. I don't see the difference with Pauline in the case. I comment based on what I read. And even negative comments are welcome(imo) if not done in an offensive way. She's a child but she's also a person just like the rest of her family. She should be protected but there's no reason to over protect her.

But over all, Pauline is amazing and I bet that stephanie would love to hear that her eldest daughter is so precious. My mom always did.

Okay, maybe you're right. I didn't want to accuse anyone of anything...and I did not want to hurt your feelings. If I did so...I'm sorry.
Maybe I was a bit hyper-sensitive.....sorry again.
Talk about what ever you wanna talk about. I guess I exagurated a bit.
It's just because I don't like the feeling that people comment on Steph#s kids ( how adorable etc they are) and the little ones don't even know about all those people watching every step they take, every move they make....Dunno why I feel this way. Sure they're cute. Steph and I were once sitting on the counter of her resto watching Louis play soccer and I said " he's a cutie." ...and she said : Thanks...yes he is" But that#s different you know..it's direct.
But you're right maybe those boards are ment for talking about this stuff. So go ahead.

Sorry again.... :wacko: :heart:

Micha

I know it may be soon to remind everyone but may 4th is close and it will be a very important day! :heart:

Originally posted by Amira+May 4th, 2004 - 2:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amira @ May 4th, 2004 - 2:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Victoria@May 4th, 2004 - 1:23 pm
He looks a lot like his uncle Albert! ;)

i agree with you :) [/b][/quote]
Yes, he does. He's quite an Albert/Daniel mix.

:heart: How adorable is that?!? :heart:

http://www.isifa.com/functions/watermark/w...nummer=10075368

I'm sssooo happy to see this new pic of Pauline! :heart: She really is "recovering" from her braces "problem". She's looking great! ;)

http://www.geocities.com/renata_tdsp/soccer.htm

:heart: HA HA HA HA HA :heart:

Look at this new picture I added! I laugh every time I see it! Pauline is such a character!!! :flower:

4 more pictures of GORGEOUS Pauline at the airport. I'm so jealous of her looks! Did you notice how the right side of her face is really similar to the left side? That's the most important rule of proportions(for the sides to be as similar as possible). She's in front of her whole family in that matter! ;)

Pauline GRACE MAGUY Ducruet.

I never heard the name Maguy before. But since it's the name of her grandmother, I imagine that France is familiar with it. How should I pronounce it?

And how should I pronounce Grace in French? From what I know, the French version is something similar to Gratia. But Pauline was registered Grace.

Also, did anybody from France or another country that has French as it's first language ever met someone that has the name Grace(not foreigner)? Is it a "weird" name for the specific country?

Thank you for the wonderful pictures, Renats. Camille looks a lot like a her mother when she smiles and a little bit like Grace when she doesn't. Do you know where these pictures were taken?

Sorry if that disapoint you but she looks like steph, not Grace. I heard that from a professional.

Right when Pauline is leaving her fase of transition Camille seems to be entering hers(at least I hope so). In those last pictures she looks....well....different. At least she's cute! ;)

Maguy is a French diminutive (or a pet form) of Marguerite. See here.

I know basic French but I'm not fluent in the language. Since I'm hearing impaired and I don't speak very well, I don't know how to pronounce the name. Maybe something like Maggie but with the accent on the second syllable? I don't know about the French version of Grace, though.

There are several French members here...I'm sure one (or more) of them knows.

It's nice Stephanie dresses her like a little girl, not like a small adult.

Thank you very much! :flower:

I always thought that the pronounce of Maguy is mah-GEE or meh-GEE. And they're both similar to the pronounce of Maggie.

Yes that's right ;) (I'm french)

Maguy is the diminutive of Marguerite (Margaret in English , Margrethe in Danish ... )

And if I remember well , Daniel mother's name is Maguy .... ;)

And for the pronounciation of Grace .... that's hard to explain .. but we say it : gr-A-ce (not Gracie .... but Grace ... just like ..... the word grace , grasse or the city in the south of France : Grace !! )

That's very very rare to meet little girls with that name (Grace) .... even Maguy is rare .... more than Grace !

Sorry , the city in the south of France is GRASSE of course , and not Grace as I've said ;)
A city near Cannes ;)

Thank you very much for all the information kil! :flower:

And yes, Maguy is the name of Pauline's grandmother.

Originally posted by renats@Jun 9th, 2004 - 5:09 am
Pauline GRACE MAGUY Ducruet.

I never heard the name Maguy before. But since it's the name of her grandmother, I imagine that France is familiar with it. How should I pronounce it?

And how should I pronounce Grace in French? From what I know, the French version is something similar to Gratia. But Pauline was registered Grace.

Also, did anybody from France or another country that has French as it's first language ever met someone that has the name Grace(not foreigner)? Is it a "weird" name for the specific country?

Grace in french doesn't meaning somthing weird,it's refereing to elegant person and we say in french that person has grace and elegance,"une personne qui a de la grace et de l'élégance",it's simply graciousness.
But there's an other adjective in french "grasse" sounding the same as "grace",but meaning "fat" :p

As a French teacher, all the information here is correct. Maguy is a form of Marguerite and is pronounced Ma-gee with a hard "g". Grace in French is pronounced like "Grasse" (silent e). There is a French phrase "Grace a Dieu" which means "thanks be to God".

Originally posted by Monalisa@Jun 12th, 2004 - 4:32 pm
Grace in french doesn't meaning somthing weird,it's refereing to elegant person and we say in french that person has grace and elegance,"une personne qui a de la grace et de l'élégance",it's simply graciousness.
But there's an other adjective in french "grasse" sounding the same as "grace",but meaning "fat" :p
Thanks Monalisa! :flower: But I wasn't talking about Grace as a word, I was talking about Grace as a name. As I thought(as kil confirmed), Grace is a very different name for French girls. And many people consider unnusual names something weird. That's why I asked if it was a "weird" name. ;) It's very interesting what you said though!

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 12th, 2004 - 10:20 pm
As a French teacher, all the information here is correct. Maguy is a form of Marguerite and is pronounced Ma-gee with a hard "g". Grace in French is pronounced like "Grasse" (silent e). There is a French phrase "Grace a Dieu" which means "thanks be to God".
Thank you very much tiaraprin. :flower:

Do you mean "ma" like "mah"? With an open mouth like in the words car, bar, far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom