Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (Rotolo) 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy! I wonder if Albert feels he has got himself in way over his head. It's not as if he made life easy for himself... Mind you, it could all be (yet another) gossip story. What happened to his al his good intentions at his inthronisation? He's been denying he's her father for 14 years.

I wonder if he if tidying things up, so to speak, so he can get hitched to Charlene?
I so hope not...

G.

Suonymona said:
...Albert would do Monaco so much better by saying something one way or the other about Jazmin, about Charlene and about Monaco's incinerators...

Ann
What incinerators?!:confused:

paca said:
For those who are following and discussing the JG case, todays Figaro has following article http://www.lefigaro.fr/france/20060530.WWW000000427_article_albert.html

Apparently PA is about to publicly acknowledge her.
Can someone translate please. I can't read French. But one thing I did notice is that the article refers to her as Jazmin Rotolo. Was changing her name from Grimaldi to Rotolo part of the deal for this public acknowledgement?

This is the one issue I defended PA on but for some reason this story rings true for me. We'll have to see how truthful it is.

This doesn't seem to be an official announcement or anything. I'm not familiar with the reliability of this paper, but newspapers have said things like this before and been proved wrong.

My French is very rusty, but one thing in that article was sort of amusing - one of the Prince's advisors is assuring people that Albert doesn't have any other hidden children. I wonder how he knows.

Last edited:
Until I see pictures of PA and little Jazmin waving to the loyal subjects of Monaco, IM just not buying the fact that she is his daughter! And, I don't see any resemblance between the two.

Le Figaro is to my knowledge a regular newspaper, not a gossip paper .

Laviollette said:
Can someone translate please. I can't read French. But one thing I did notice is that the article refers to her as Jazmin Rotolo. Was changing her name from Grimaldi to Rotolo part of the deal for this public acknowledgement?

This is the one issue I defended PA on but for some reason this story rings true for me. We'll have to see how truthful it is.

I will wait for an announcement from the palace. But does anyone find it odd that possibly Jazmine could have a supposed name of Grimaldi but Alexandre (the only child PA has officially acknowledged) does not? That seems completely inconsistent.:cool:

i understood that the mother put that name n the girl's birth papers from the beginning, with nothing to support her doing so from Albert. Who knows what is really going on there? i sure don't.

Again, I will wait for the palace to announce it. My my...

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
This doesn't seem to be an official announcement or anything. I'm not familiar with the reliability of this paper, but newspapers have said things like this before and been proved wrong.

My French is very rusty, but one thing in that article was sort of amusing - one of the Prince's advisors is assuring people that Albert doesn't have any other hidden children. I wonder how he knows.

Le figaro is not a gossip or tabloid paper and i honestly think he is going to acknowledge her. Or at least let me say i will not be shocked if he does. I mean with PA background I cannot believe some of you would be shocked. Other than the fact that he is a prince, he is just a dogg. Or like they say in the states a player. Resemblance does not mean anything and if they are calling her rotolo now, maybe PA informed them how it works and how she cannot be called grimaldi so since he is i guess accepting her now, the mother maybe agreed. After all if it is true, then she has a whole lot more to gain.

I think that is why he has to be serious and probably marry CW because after this, he has to look like he is serious and not just messing around. Sort of an image cleanup. I bet you he is about to marry or probably announce his engagement the same day he acknowledges Jazmin.

Laviollette said:
This story mainly has to do with Pss Stephanie but in paragraph #13 of The Sunday Times posted April 16, 2006 there is yet another denial PA is the father of Jazmin. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2136222,00.html
I am not a native French speaker. I'm trying my best.

Exclusively from FIGARO One year after the recognition of his son Alexandre, the Prince of Monaco is ready to recognize his daughter Jazmin Grace Rotolo.

OFFICALIZATION is imminent. In a few days, the prince of Monaco will reveal the existence of his secret daughter Jazmin Grace Rotolo, 14. One year after the passing of prince Rainier, the new chief of state kept it hidden. After confirming in July 2005 the existence of his young son Alexandre whom he had with Nicole Coste, a former flight attendant from Togo, the Prince will be a father for the second time. «There are no other secret children», promised one of his advisers.

Described as a mature, nice, and intelligent young girl, Jazmin Grace was born in March 1992 in Palm Springs, Californie. Her mother Tamara Rotolo, a former waitress from California, fell pregnant with the prince’s child in the summer of 1991. "They met on the Riviera in July 1991 when Tamara had come to follow her husband on holiday", explains a close relation of the prince. It was married, Albert was not wary», confides the same adviser to the Prince. Less than four weeks later, in August of 1991, Tamara told Albert that she is pregnant. At the birth of the baby, the iron arms of the two parties commenced. On the 25th of November 1992, Tamara Rotolo gets a lawyer and asks for in front of a Californian judge 9540 dollars each month for alimony. Three months later in 1993, Stanley Arkin, the New York based lawyer for the prince, visibly covered up the affair. He advised waiting until 1995 when Voici told the world that <<Albert is a father>>. The newspaper was fined 23000 Euros for damages and interests.

The paparazzi on their tails

In 2006, six months after the official declaration of existence for young Alexandre, the paparazzi followed closely to the story. In California, Jazmin fell under their radar. In Paris and in Monaco, two photographers did the same with Prince Albert and his lawyer Thierry Lacoste. In early January, the photos show that Jazmin and her mother spent a few days in Monaco. On the 27th of February 2006, Voici has the tile "One of them". In April, proof of the negotiations intensify, and Jazmin and her mother return to Paris. Jazmin is photographed leaving the home of Thierry Lacoste in Suresnes, a suburb of Paris.

There, the paparazzi did not take the photo that they hoped would show the prince with his daughter. In early May, Thierry Lacoste, in charge of the negotiations with the American lawyer of Jazmin Grace Rotolo, flies to negotiate in New-York. It is here that it is expected that Prince Albert will recognize his daughter in the middle of May. But the discussions take delay.

In the United States, the tendency to be a star is strong. Helped by a media guru in California that works with the CIA for Hollywood stars, the adolescent is caught in two diametrally opposing strategies. To be a “people” (?), write a book and sell the rights to Hollywood. Or possibly follow the opinion of her father, live discreetly in France close to him, and finish her studies there. As of yesterday night, the young girl has not decided.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
Wow... at this point I'm really speechless.

I'm a little speechless too Lavoilette. But I'm still going to wait for an official announcement from the palace.

I have maintained that JGG is his child because he has never denied her. Oh, they have used some fancy legal ease and there have been some remarks but none of them has ever sounded "official". Same must be said for this article, it is just a news article we will all have to wait for official word.

As far as the Grimaldi name goes....in the US you can give your child any name you want and no one can claim a name. NC may have stayed away from the grimaldi name as part of a legal deal, who knows.

LaPlusBelle said:
I am not a native French speaker. I'm trying my best.

Exclusively from FIGARO One year after the recognition of his son Alexandre, the Prince of Monaco is ready to recognize his daughter Jazmin Grace Rotolo.

OFFICALIZATION is imminent. In a few days, the prince of Monaco will reveal the existence of his secret daughter Jazmin Grace Rotolo, 14. One year after the passing of prince Rainier, the new chief of state kept it hidden. After confirming in July 2005 the existence of his young son Alexandre whom he had with Nicole Coste, a former flight attendant from Togo, the Prince will be a father for the second time. «There are no other secret children», promised one of his advisers.

Describles as a mature, nice, and intelligent young girl, Jazmin Grace was born in March 1992 in Palm Springs, Californie. Her mother Tamara Rotolo, a former waitress from California, fell pregnant with the prince’s child in the summer of 1991. «They met on the Riviera in July 1991 when Tamara had come to follow her husband on holiday, explains a close relation of the prince. It was married, Albert was not wary», confides the same adviser to the Prince. Less than four weeks later, in august of 1991, Tamara tells Albert that she is pregnant. At the birth of the baby, the iron arms of the two parties commenced. On the 25th of November 1992, Tamara Rotolo gets a lawyer and asks for in front of a Californian judge 9540 dollars each month for alimony. Three months later in 1993, Stanley Arkin, the New York based lawyer for the prince, visibly covered up the affair. He advised waiting until 1995 when Voici told the world that <<Albert is a father>>. The newspaper was fined 23000 Euros for damages and interests.

The paparazzi on their tails

In 2006, six months after the official declaration of existence for young Alexandre, the paparazzi followed closely to the story. In California, Jazmin fell under their radar. In Paris and in Monaco, two photographers did the same with Prince Albert and his lawyer Thierry Lacoste. In early January, the photos show that Jazmin and her mother spent a few days in Monaco. On the 27th of February 2006, Voici has the tile « One of them>>. In April, proof of the negotiations intensify, and Jazmin and her mother return to Paris. Jazmin is photographed leaving the home of Thierry Lacoste in Suresnes, a suburb of Paris.

There, the paparazzi did not take the photo that they hoped would show the prince with his daughter. In early May, Thierry Lacoste, in charge of the negotiations with the American lawyer of Jazmin Grace Rotolo, flies to negotiate in New-York. It is here that it is expected that Prince Albert will recognize his daughter in the middle of May. But the discussions take delay.

In the United States, the tendency to be a star is strong. Helped by a media guru in California that works with the CIA for Hollywood stars, the adolescent is caught in two diametrally opposing strategies. To be a “people”, write a book and sell the rights to Hollywood. Ou follow the opinion of her father, live discretely in France close to him, and finish her studies there. As of yesterday night, the young girl has not decided.

I have not seen the article, but the above translation is not English, so I have no idea what the French article said. Alimony is paid to a woman after a divorce, it has nothing to do with children. I am not trying to be mean and my French is very rusty and have not spoken it in years, but as I said the supposed translation above in not comprehensible.

LaPlusbelle provided a translation that I completely understood.

Thank you for the translation LaPlusBelle. I understood it completely, too.

redfox6 said:
I have not seen the article, but the above translation is not English, so I have no idea what the French article said. Alimony is paid to a woman after a divorce, it has nothing to do with children. I am not trying to be mean and my French is very rusty and have not spoken it in years, but as I said the supposed translation above in not comprehensible.

Of course it's English. Please don't be so contemptuous of someone who has taken the trouble to translate a long article. If you really have no idea what the article said after reading the translation, it's your problem, not LaPlusBelle's.

Last edited:
I almost fell off the chair!
So Jazmin is one of Albert's offsprings after all?!?! All our chats picking up bits and pieces to guess and, in the end, he admitts it?
Can't wait for the press conference, Adms and Moderators get the extra chairs for that week because the whole forum could be here posting for days. This is as big of a scandal as when the news on Alexandre and Nicole came out in the open. If he admits it, then I'm glad he finally can bring that child some sense of belonging. No more second guessing on her life. It will be up to that child later on to forgive him.

But, I think there are more to come. We will stay tuned.

ps. LaPlusBelle, thanks for taking the time to do the translation.

Last edited:
I guess all this time, her mother was telling the truth about Albert being her father. It's sad for the girl that he spent so many years denying her. The Royal family of Monaco should have a soap opera fashioned after their lives, they are quite something!

marakimou said:
I guess all this time, her mother was telling the truth about Albert being her father. It's sad for the girl that he spent so many years denying her. The Royal family of Monaco should have a soap opera fashioned after their lives, they are quite something!
My sentiments exactly although let me wait for official word. But honestly i did not see how she can keep insisting he is the father and follow up on it for so long if it were not true. I cannot believe he will have waited 14yrs. I sure hope he has had a secret relationship with her (jazmin) over the years. Cause other wise that will be too sad.

I am also still waiting for the confirmation from the Palace but if this is really true then I have to admit I am shocked..Good grief, what next?
I do hope that he gets married..soon...

Beate said:
I am also still waiting for the confirmation from the Palace but if this is really true then I have to admit I am shocked..Good grief, what next?
More secret kids. I would not be suprised.

Well, if I were his girlfriend, I would be very worried that there would be other surprises coming out. I suppose if he marries, he would seem more settled, but I'm not sure.

Beate said:

Maybe a few more admissions? ;)
So far Monaco's population has increased by two.

If PA confirms that Jazmin is his daughter I pray the media will give her some space. IF a confirmation takes place within the next few days I can only imagine the giant hurricane that will surround her for the next few months.

I feel bad for her.

The Grimaldi's, as I said before, are worth their own TV reality show.

Toledo, Elsbeth, LynnW, BurberryBrit, thanks! As for Redfox6, I will admit I have some spelling errors in the translation, sorry. But I can understand it just fine.
I forget who said it earlier but I agree with whomever said that Albert might be doing all this now to clear out the skeletons in his closet--possibly so he can marry (Charlene).

LaPlusBelle said:
Toledo, Elsbeth, LynnW, BurberryBrit, thanks! As for Redfox6, I will admit I have some spelling errors in the translation, sorry. But I can understand it just fine.
I forget who said it earlier but I agree with whomever said that Albert might be doing all this now to clear out the skeletons in his closet--possibly so he can marry (Charlene).
I honestly think that is the whole idea. I think he really is planning to marry charlene and so he first has to clean up his closet. Or the other way around. He has to come out about jazmin so plans to kind of smooth things by marrying charlene so the world won't be like "there he is messing with another woman who will probably fall pregnant." I think he is going to try and move the attention from jazmin being his daughter to marriage. That is why all is happening at the same time. First he formaly introduces CW, then we now read he is planning to acknowledge JZ and all within days of each other. Very well planned.

jabilo said:
More secret kids. I would not be suprised.

I am with you on that one..After an official statement nothing would surprise me anymore..Hmm...maybe I shouldn't say that..:confused:
But I would prefer him getting married...it would seem more settled to me.. Maybe it will be Charlene..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom