Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions and would like to know what others on the forum think:

1. Is it possible that PA only acknowledged Jazmin and Alex publicly because journalists were about to disclose the information (in a book or magazine)? In terms of Alex, sources are fairly consistent that PA came forward publicly only when Paris Match was about to disclose Alex's existence. A writer for The Times in the UK has written that two journalists are shortly to document Jazmin's existence with sources, etc. in an upcoming book. If true, then the force of PA's acknowledgement had nothing at all to do with the welfare of the children--merely that the media is the only organization with sufficient power to force his hand.

Source: The TimesOnline.com.uk
http://timescorrespondents.typepad.com/charles_bremner/

2. Are we sure that TR did not visit Monaco with her husband? I am wondering how TR could afford a visit to Monaco as a waitress. A week in Monaco has ALWAYS been expensive...and especially for a waitress??

Of course, the upcoming book says that TR was with her husband in Monaco.That could explain how she could afford the trip. Excerpt below:

"The book, by Lena Lutaud and Thiébault Dromard, journalists on Le Figaro, says that lawyers on both sides of the Atlantic are completing an agreement under which Prince Albert will provide for Jazmin Grace, the daughter of Tamara Rotolo, from Desert Springs, California. “Albert and Tamara Rotolo met on the Côte d’Azur in July 1991 where Tamara had come with her husband on holiday .

. . She was married, Albert was careless,” the authors quote a friend of the Prince as saying. The alleged affair lasted two weeks. “Less than four weeks later, in August 1991, Tamara told Albert that she was pregnant.”

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2205813,00.html

You can't put anything past PA. I keep saying that I believe PA does exactly what he wants, when he wants, whenever he wants--consequences mean nothing to this guy.

3. If PA supported TR financially for 14 years, there is NO WAY that he did not know that Jazmin was his. Again, PA has said he did not give TR any money, but maybe he gave it to someone else, or was just stretching the truth (TR's dad said that PA did support them financially). But to live in a gated community is not cheap in CA--again, how could TR afford it and private school without some help? Even though she is in real estate now, she wasn't at first--and she was pregnant. These things are expensive!! I think PA has known all along that he is Jazmin's father and that he supported them financially.

At the end of the day, we can't praise PA for financially supporting TR and Jazmin and ignore the fact that he had to know that Jazmin was his daughter.

Would be interested to hear what others think.

Last edited:
Probably he had known that Jazmin was his daughter all along. He couldn't rule the chance out that Jazmin was his daughter ( because she is), even if there were doubts. I just HOPE he supported her and tried to get a relationship. That would be so poor otherwise.

Tamara hid for years, but not cheaply. She had trusts set up to hide where the money was coming from. One of them "The Lost Angel Trust" owns the house in the gated community where they have lived for over a decade.
http://www.royalarchive.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=670

Once Tamara started getting money in 1993, she was very quiet and protective of Jazmin. Albert seems to have gone along with his father's wishes of "ignore it and it will go away"--and it did as far as the public was concerned. Perhaps Albert would have eventually come forward, maybe after Jazmin had met his future bride (whomever she might be).
It wasn't until Nicole (and it was her, no cousins have that kind of access for free) came forward about Eric Alexandre that people and "journalists" went on the hunt for Jazmin. There was a determination for Albert to officially confirm or deny Jazmin.

I truly wonder that if Nicole had not come forward to set off this current chain of events, would Albert have acknowledged Jazmin in this decade?
Even assuming Eric Alexandre were not Albert's but that Nicole had come out with proof of an affair, would the journalists have gone back to Tamara to see what else might be found out?

I don't think there are any more children. I think Albert was referring to Tamara when he said on French tv "there are others with the same claim". I think at this point Albert had begun permanent negotiations regarding Jazmin's future as opposed to funnelling her money and wanted to send up a warning that everything was not yet out. It seems to be now.

Jazmin is fortunate her mother is vindicated. She is unfortunate as to its timing. I hope she choses to continue her studies in Monaco under Albert's private protection.

If I were Albert's wife, I would not turn either child away, but I wouldn't worry how Jazmin's mind might have been poisoned (as opposed to Eric Alexandre's). I hope Jazmin is all that she seems to be in poise and brains.

Ann

It will be a big challenge for ALbert to find "a suitable, respectable woman to marry" him.
This woman would become a reigning princess, a new wife and a step-mother to 2 children all at once.... being a step mother is a hugely challenging task, which requires a great deal of maturity - I should know, I have been a step mother for 10 years- This task made even more difficult in a case when you have not one but 2 different mothers to deal with + the press, the public, the scandals etc. He has made mistakes but still, he has a right to happiness, to redemption, and to finding true love.
Good luck to him finding that rare bird!

I do not believe PA been surporting JG for years or any money being exchange before JG and her mother was picture in monaco and France back in december NC said in one of her interview that PA said TR is crazy If that is her true statment.TR contact PA after NC came out PA said so him self Quote Other women with the same claim has come forward.now $7000.dollor is not that high for a woman selling real estate in CA if she is reaching her sales goal,That is the average cost for a private school. TR move to were they leaving now if you read the articels on her carefully her ex husband is from there they move there when they got married.another point i notice TR house cost a little over $300000.compering to NC nealy $3m dollar home.TR did not age gracfully trust me people with money to burn do not age that fast in 14yrs Her knowing PA was Albert only child before Alex was born Iam positive she put every dollar she made in educating her I am sure the thought of JG being Princess of Monaco always must be in her Mind.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
His spokesman has been saying there aren't any more. I have no idea how he can be so sure, but no doubt time will tell, one way or the other.

Agreed and didn't he deny having anymore children apart from Alexandre?

BurberryBrit said:
I would really like to know what she thinks of all this. I would love to see her and TR interviewed by Oprah or Diane Sawyer. But they probably have some sort of gag order because PA is a head of state.
I don't think Oprah would waste her time on this subject!

Lakshmi said:
It is so bad that papparazzi don't live poor Jazmin alone. :( I think that Tamara and first of all P Albert should do everything to protect her privacy. I hope that she will have normal youthhood.

Unfortunately i don't see the paps doing that. She's a big newstory. But yeah they should leave her alone. Hopefully her classmates aren't making her life hell - u know what teenagers can be like.

I hope that her mother keeps her dignity and doesn't sucumb to the many offers she must be getting from the media to tell her side of the story.

I HAVE to say when i heard this story i was quite surprised. But then illegitmate children happen all the time, so its no big deal. But PA really needs to father a legitimate child - someone who can actually sit on the throne someday.

Royal Fan said:
I Think its time for the Monarchy to be Abolished or Albert should Abdicate I Dont belive these are his only kids. I Also dont belive that he will marry.

Is that always the solution? Disrupt a 700 year form of government only because the current leader cannot keep it in his pants? That's ridiculous as saying a republic shoud be abolished only because Bill Clinton had the affair with Monica Lewinsky.

I would like to know what married woman who is seperated from her husband, goes on vacation, hooks up with and have sex with a prince who is a practical stranger, and does not take birth control. There has not been a lot of people questioning Tamara motives. What happened to to husband? IMO- it all just seems very strange and Jazmin's birth does not seem to be an accident!

pama said:
I do not believe PA been surporting JG for years or any money being exchange before JG and her mother was picture in monaco and France back in december NC said in one of her interview that PA said TR is crazy If that is her true statment.TR contact PA after NC came out PA said so him self Quote Other women with the same claim has come forward.now $7000.dollor is not that high for a woman selling real estate in CA if she is reaching her sales goal,That is the average cost for a private school. TR move to were they leaving now if you read the articels on her carefully her ex husband is from there they move there when they got married.another point i notice TR house cost a little over $300000.compering to NC nealy $3m dollar home.TR did not age gracfully trust me people with money to burn do not age that fast in 14yrs Her knowing PA was Albert only child before Alex was born Iam positive she put every dollar she made in educating her I am sure the thought of JG being Princess of Monaco always must be in her Mind.

I have this feeling it's all a lie they made Jazmin's family to go along with in exchange for that final public recognition. Money can buy everything these days and if Tamara has fought for so many years to make him aknowledge the patternity of the child is because Prince Albert was not so keen in supporting her.

I also have to say that both Tamara and Nicole, regardless of their motivations, have done the right thing for their kids. Forcing an irresponsible absent father to help with the raising of the kids he leaves behind. And love and acceptance is more that just money and placing a nice roof over their heads. These kids have a family they have not met, they have in their blood an ancestral history written in books that spans centuries. Why deny them the basic right to get to know it?

Suonymona said:
Tamara hid for years, but not cheaply. She had trusts set up to hide where the money was coming from. One of them "The Lost Angel Trust" owns the house in the gated community where they have lived for over a decade.
http://www.royalarchive.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=670

Once Tamara started getting money in 1993, she was very quiet and protective of Jazmin. Albert seems to have gone along with his father's wishes of "ignore it and it will go away"--and it did as far as the public was concerned. Perhaps Albert would have eventually come forward, maybe after Jazmin had met his future bride (whomever she might be).
It wasn't until Nicole (and it was her, no cousins have that kind of access for free) came forward about Eric Alexandre that people and "journalists" went on the hunt for Jazmin. There was a determination for Albert to officially confirm or deny Jazmin.

I truly wonder that if Nicole had not come forward to set off this current chain of events, would Albert have acknowledged Jazmin in this decade?
Even assuming Eric Alexandre were not Albert's but that Nicole had come out with proof of an affair, would the journalists have gone back to Tamara to see what else might be found out?

I don't think there are any more children. I think Albert was referring to Tamara when he said on French tv "there are others with the same claim". I think at this point Albert had begun permanent negotiations regarding Jazmin's future as opposed to funnelling her money and wanted to send up a warning that everything was not yet out. It seems to be now.

Jazmin is fortunate her mother is vindicated. She is unfortunate as to its timing. I hope she choses to continue her studies in Monaco under Albert's private protection.

If I were Albert's wife, I would not turn either child away, but I wouldn't worry how Jazmin's mind might have been poisoned (as opposed to Eric Alexandre's). I hope Jazmin is all that she seems to be in poise and brains.

Ann

Thanx for the link. Interesting comments. According to the article it was Tamara who wanted Albert to publicly recognize Jaz - i don't know if this is tru or not.

If Nicole hadn't gone to the press then Albert probably wouldn't have publicly recognized Jaz. He just wanted to 'hide' her away to avoid scandal. Hasn't worked eh?

I don't know about her choosing to live in Monaco. MMM...while it would be nice for her to get to know her father, wouldn't the paparazzi just hound her more. The paps in Europe are supposed to be more ruthless than the US one's. Plus from a royal point of view if she were to go to their functions her appearance would be seen as PA 'legtimizing' any slim chance she has to sit on the throne. IMAGINE the press speculation.

As much as i would like to see both Alexandre and Jaz at Royal functions and with the Grimaldi's in public. I just don't see this happening for a long time - if at all.

Not that i'm against her living in Monaco just feel its best for her to stay in America for now. Where at least her mum can protect her a bit.

I hope i've articulated myself well her.

What is it that people want from Albert? He's acknowledged the two kids, officially supporting one of them (I don't know about Jasmin), now what? I get the feeling that in the back of their minds, people want Albert to suddenly be a loving and present father and, maybe even legitimize the kids and make them his heirs? Realistically speaking, that isn't going to happen.

I hope that this official recognition is worth it in the end. The disruption in Jasmin and Alexandre's lives are going to be enormous. Personally, I think the three of them (Albert, Tamara, and Nicole) should have waited until the kids were old enough, maybe even when they reached adulthood, to decide whether or not they want to live their lives under the constant glare of the media and papparazzi. Financial support and acknowledgement should have been done behind closed doors and not conducted in this public manner until the kids were no longer kids. Normal life is out the window for the both of them now and it probably wasn't their choice.

If Jazmin was his and he has supported her all along, why publicly deny her? Why not just say 'no comment' or something and advise the press to leave her alone? Plus I don't think he ponied up some child support until Tamara confronted him in public with her baby daughter in her arms. He was embarrassed and realized Tamara was not going away. It seems like it was hush money basically.

If she was suported or not there would be a money paper trace to show it, you just don't get child support into your bank account for years and years and not get the attention of the tax department. If large sums of money come from overseas in the post 9/11 USA, someone somewhere will know about it. That's for the investigative reporters to find out and whoever is now working on those celebrity books for next year.

Well, whether we believe him or not, Albert's story is that he was keeping quiet about Jazmin until she was an adult in order to shield her from the press. It's certainly a plausible reason, whether it's true or not. It's just a shame it didn't work and that Jazmin is at a difficult age for this to have come out. If it had been made public when she turned 18, she'd have been better placed to handle the press intrusion, and if it had been made public when she was really young, she'd have grown up with it and learned how to handle it. Unfortunately for her, she seems to have got the worst of all worlds through no fault of her own. I hope she gets whatever help she needs to make it through the next few years without too many problems.

I don't think she and her mother will remain in Califonia for long. The people in that community cannot keep the press at bay for much longer now that she is the news-of-the-week girl. And at that age, who would she trust from now on, friends and teachers? neighbohrs and relatives? By now everyone around her is thinking on the new gold mine that just sprouted in California.

And then there are the boys her age. She will be marked as the prize to have, after all, she is Princess Grace grand daugther. Elspeth, that girl is going to have quite a disturbing coming to age years. Best thing for her and her mother is to pack and leave before it escalates out of control. I wonder if the chateau next to the Coste's is for sale these days? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I feel like I'm coming a little late to this party, but here's my three cents:
1) That poor girl!! It's hard enough being fourteen, but to be in the public spotlight for being the illegitamite daughter of a monarch? Tough. She didn't choose to be a part of the media attention, and it is being forced upon her. I just hope for her that this doesn't turn out to be like "Princess Diaries" where Mia is just trying to fit in...

2) You have to applaud the people of her hometown. I read in one of the articles (I don't remember which) that a woman in her (Jazmin's) hometown was at a red light near the paparazzi, and yelled 'leave that poor girl alone!' (Good on her)

ok, and 3 is a question I hope someone can answer:
3) Can Albert do anything to protect her from the media? I know that the late Princess Diana had some sort of thing with the press that they couldn't take paparazzi photos of William and Harry until they were 18. Is there some way Albert could do something like that?

The media hype seems like it has already died down and it looks like the international press has gone from her school and home. Once the secret is out there is not much else to tell.

sashajones said:
I don't think Oprah would waste her time on this subject!

If she did a show on 'doggy psychology' then i am positive this would be of interest to he. the woman does it all.

LadyK said:
I feel like I'm coming a little late to this party...

Late? No way, you are just in time since the party guests are just arriving :)

This thread is just getting warmed up since the news just hit the fan last week. The thread will go on for many years to come. Picture this, years from now on the Royal Palace balcony, Albert shown for the first time with a young adult Jazmin and a teenage Alexandre next to them. That's when this Royal Forums party really hits the sky. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It seems to me that perhaps Prince Albert waited until his father passed away to address the paternity of Jasmine Rotolo himself. Did Prince Rainier's lawyers handle the claims of Tamara Rotolo way they saw fit? Did Prince Albert have a say in the way the lawyers handled the initial claims? When Prince Albert became reining prince, perhaps he decided to take a second look at the claims and give the situation a final paternity test and investigation. Prince Albert did not have to do this. It speaks well of him to do the right thing.

Toledo said:
Late? No way, you are just in time since the party guests are just arriving :)

This thread is just getting warmed up since the news just hit the fan last week. The thread will go on for many years to come. Picture this, years from now on the Royal Palace balcony, Albert shown for the first time with a young adult Jazmin and a teenage Alexandre next to them. That's when this Royal Forums party really hits the sky. :rolleyes:
This might be wishful thinking. King Albert II of Belgium has never been seen with neither of his two illegitimate daughters and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands also was never seen with either of his two illegitimate daughters (sisters of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands -- one of whom is an American). Jazmin, who I think is getting all of this glowing, fairytale, princess diaries coverage because she is white and Alexandre is half black, is not a member of the Princely Family of Monaco anymore than Alex is. She is Albert's out-of-wedlock daughter not a princess.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
This might be wishful thinking. King Albert II of Belgium has never been seen with neither of his two illegitimate daughters and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands also was never seen with either of his two illegitimate daughters (sisters of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands -- one of whom is an American). Jazmin, who I think is getting all of this glowing, fairytale, princess diaries coverage because she is white and Alexandre is half black, is not a member of the Princely Family of Monaco anymore than Alex is. She is Albert's out-of-wedlock daughter not a princess.

Laviolette, you could not be more right!

jazmin become in princess? She can be the future princess of monaco is her father never married and don't have more children?

corazon said:
jazmin become in princess? She can be the future princess of monaco is her father never married and don't have more children?
She cannot become a princess of monaco or even just a princess unless Albert marries Tamara Rotolo, her mother.

Laviollette said:
She cannot become a princess of monaco or even just a princess unless Albert marries Tamara Rotolo, her mother.

thanks for your answer, she is only the daughter iligitimate of albert. right?

I wonder if Jazmin and Alexandre will meet in the future, after all they are half-siblings. Granted, they are more than ten years apart but when Alexandre is older, Jazmin will probably be the only one who understands what it means to be part of the Grimaldi family in this way. I hope one day they will meet and be able to put their parents' issues behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom