The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Aristocracy

My 2-cents worth: P. Albert is/was careless with birth control. No doubt.

That said, if he has been suporting these children since birth or so, then I believe he is dealing reasonably well with the situation. [It would seem he has been supporting Jazmin since birth : it says she is living in a villa in an exclusive neighbourhood in California; how else can her mother afford that except from support from PA?]

A "public acknowledgement" will only make life difficut for these children: Jazmin is already surrounded with security detail and is being chased by paparazzi. Alexandre is too small to understand. The way I see it the main beneficiary of a public acknowledgement for now is the press who is selling copies.

As for his sisters supposed reaction: well they are not saints either...

Old 06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Gentry

Picture of Jazmin Grace Rotolo

She is not that good looking, neither her mom!! She is going to have tough time . I mean the rest of the Grimaldi are very beautiful. Maybe they can fix her up.Like Princess Diaries !!
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
No matter what you might say about Albert's sense of duty, he certainly has done the right thing by his two children and their mothers.

The Grimaldis have always been rather scandalous and out of wedlock children are certainly nothing new for them.

I'm sure the children will be well looked after and be welcomed by Caroline and Stephanie.
Yeah and it only took him like 14yrs. Shame on him.
PS: Is it just me or does jazmin look exactly like PA now that that matter has been resolved. Its probably just me.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace
...As for his sisters supposed reaction: well they are not saints either...
His sisters may not be saints but at least they faced their father with their unhappy behavior instead of taking the cowards way out.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Courtier

My problem is not him publicly acknowledging the kids or not; my problem is him having any interest in being a real father (beyond financial support) to his children. He surely doesn't seem so interested in having a bond with them and this, for a 50 year old man, is superficial and immature in my opinion.
I hope he was always there for his daughter away from the spotlight though; if it is so, I'm ready to apologize for my comments!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektraking
She is not that good looking, neither her mom!! She is going to have tough time . I mean the rest of the Grimaldi are very beautiful. Maybe they can fix her up.Like Princess Diaries !!
Why must people always look for the negative, at first it was said there is no way the kids is PA because of so many reasons including calculation the pregancy period and now that she is, its like some people are turning to that whole "yes she is but she is not pretty?" Common give her a break and I don't think all the grimaldis are good looking either. Common some of you would not give PA the time of day if he was not who he is. And i don't just mean that in character but in looks too. But then again we are here to give our personal opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
no they all had american passports. they gave them up because they found no use and were paying extra money for them.
From what i was made to understand or read somewhere is that princess grace had to give up her american citizenship since monaco does not allow dual citizenship. Unless that changed.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Comments like this are exactly why the girl would have been best left alone. She had the gift of anonymity for 14 years; now she will be subjected to people's criticisms.

Well, I think that if Albert could have given either child one thing it would have been their privacy, which is something he never really had (forget the money). Living in a glass house could be quite an adjustment for this child. Too bad someone went running to the press about her. NC made sure that Alex will never have such peace. Being Albert's daughter may not be so easy after all, despite any obvious advantages. Hope she does well with it.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Actually it was her mother who made the paternity issue public in 1992/3 when she sued Albert (who was notified while in New York for the accession of Monaco to the UN). For once I wouldn't blame the press but ALex and JAzmin's parents who were not able to settle things privately protecting them from the spotlight!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
My problem is not him publicly acknowledging the kids or not; my problem is him having any interest in being a real father (beyond financial support) to his children. He surely doesn't seem so interested in having a bond with them and this, for a 50 year old man, is superficial and immature in my opinion.
I hope he was always there for his daughter away from the spotlight though; if it is so, I'm ready to apologize for my comments!
That would be my biggest concern as well..Financial support is good, but I think it's more important to be there as a dad..There are conflicting stories on the net about his involvement or lack of it..I guess we'll just have to wait and see..i hope and pray that he is there for his kids..
Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Well I hope he's there for his kids and is more careful when it comes to sex.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Commoner

In my opinion I think the way Albert has behaved is deplorable. Obviously it takes two to tango but his behavior is highly irresponsible and to me demonstrate a certain lack of repect for women. Yes its true they slept with him willingly but by obviously not using birth control he knew(they knew) pregnancy was a possibility. For him not to take responsibility was just plain wrong. A DNA test could have immediately told him whether or not he was the father. For him to not acknowledge these children whose lives now will always be referenced as the illegitimate children of Prince Albert is an injustice to those children. Perhaps if they had been the illegitimate children of Joe Schmoe they may not have to had to face the sordid details of what they have to deal with now.

I have a lot of admiration for Nicole for forcing him to acknowledge her son. As you can see now - waiting 14 years to acknowledge Jazmin - he most likely would not have acknowledged Alexandre had Nicole not taken matters into her hand. I also have have to respect Tamara's courage in opening up herself to scrutiny both personal and now media for perservering in having her child if not legitimated, acknowledged.

I think many women on this board need to take a step back from finding malice in either Nicole's or Tamara's actions. Each woman obviously has a right to their own decision whether to bring a child into this world. We do not know their beliefs religious or otherwise. What I am trying to say is that motive is a hard thing to pin down. Try not to pull down other women to elevate PA to a status higher than royalty. A lot of people use their positions to prey on people. Don't you think it's a bit odd that he impregnated women not in his "class." Women most people would never believe he would associate with and yet he did and in my opinion ruthless discarded.

He is a man of incredible means and he has two children no matter how they came into being. In America we say every child is entitled to the financial support of his parents so that they do not become public charges.
If they are not going to get his love why not his financial support?

I apologize for being long-winded but it bothers me that many people think that these women were wrong in seeking his acknowledgement of his children.

Be a man Albert, take responsibility for your actions.
Ingyk

Quote:
Why does it matter whether she is good-looking or not? He is not exactly Cary Grant
Old 06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Gentry

The majority of housing in Palm Desert is gated, 98% of the homes are built behind walls. Jazmin and her mother live like everyone else here and can afford to do so with or without PA assistance.
The community has banded together and run the people that want to stalk Jazmin and her mother out of town. This is a small cloase knit community with many well known people and Jazmin is no exception. :)
Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

I hope Prince Albert gets to know his two children other than handing out financial support. He has fathered two children and should get to know them as such instead of a bank withdrawal. I wish all the best luck to Jazmin, the one person who has had no control over the situation but is the subject of it. I also have a soft spot in my heart for her as we live in the same state! (Palm Springs/Desert is a very nice place but very hot!)

I was just wondering if she was given the name Grimaldi at birth? In the LA Times today, they wrote that her last name was Totonto or Torono (something like that) and not Grimaldi. So I was just wondering what her last name is legally.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

There is nothing wrong with her looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingyk
Why does it matter whether she is good-looking or not? He is not exactly Cary Grant
Far from it! And if he wasn't a Prince, half the women on this board who support him indefatiguably wouldn't give him the time of day!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Aristocracy

I find it strange that the news media is referring to Jazmin as Albert's "Love Child". When did a one night stand become a love relationship.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkylou
i would also like to point out that PA was young( and foolish) and young men are foolish and reckless.
anyway, wasn't TR married and on vacation with her husband when she slept with PA.
Typical. It's always the woman's fault.

Albert was what, 31?, when he met Jazmin's mother. He's not that young. It's not like he's 17 or 18. He should have heard of the useful object called condom by 31. I can't believe some of people here saying Albert was "trapped" by two women and blaming the women for not using contraception. If a prince doesn't want to be "trapped", he should have worn a condom when he has a one-night stand. And a man being "trapped" twice is either stupid or careless.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
There is nothing wrong with her looks.
I agree "BB"

What is beauty at the end of the day? Its a socially destructive prejudice & unfortunately Its something we all fall victim too.

However, there's nothing wrong with Miss Rotolo/Grimaldi's (?) appearance...The girl is 14 years old and would be going through bodily changes (as has everyone in this forum at one time or another) and yet is subject to pathetic remarks made against her by people much older than herself...Definitly show's the mentality of some!

"MII"
Old 06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She seems to have inherited her mother's chin and cheeks. And from the few pictures posted I see Albert's traits in here eyes, from above the cheek bones. But I agree with you, she is no beauty nor is her mother. She also reminds me of Chelsea Clinton, Bill and Hillary Clinton's daugther. Maybe Jazmin, like Chelsea, will grow out of this ugly duckling phase as she matures.
But, she is no Grace, Caroline or Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Oh, how I wish Caroline was on the throne... sigh...
Me too. She is currently the (unnamed) Crown Princess of Monaco, Albert's heir.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_ptit_diablotin
I totally agree with you... They manipulated the Prince Albert II... so they also are responsible for that.
Oh please...give me a break here. It takes two to tangle and tangle a web did he weave in hopes that his web wouldn't break. Well break it did...and hooray for the ladies! (and the two innocents). He's a dis'grace' (pardon the pun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Far from it! And if he wasn't a Prince, half the women on this board who support him indefatiguably wouldn't give him the time of day!
Bravo! He's not anyone I would give the time of day to from what I've read in biographies, autobiographies and over documents regarding the Monaco principality and him in general with his relationship with others, including his own family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I hope Prince Albert gets to know his two children other than handing out financial support. He has fathered two children and should get to know them as such instead of a bank withdrawal. .
I hope they get to know him too as they challenge him and his position and the principality.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I hope Prince Albert gets to know his two children other than handing out financial support. He has fathered two children and should get to know them as such instead of a bank withdrawal. I wish all the best luck to Jazmin, the one person who has had no control over the situation but is the subject of it. I also have a soft spot in my heart for her as we live in the same state! (Palm Springs/Desert is a very nice place but very hot!)

I was just wondering if she was given the name Grimaldi at birth? In the LA Times today, they wrote that her last name was Totonto or Torono (something that started with a T) and not Grimaldi. So I was just wondering what her last name is legally.
I wondered about the same thing, regarding the surname. Maybe it was a condition of the agreement between the parties when they decided to issue the public recognition of Jazmin as Albert's daughter: that Tamara change the name from Grimaldi to Rotolo? It makes some sense, considering that his son, Eric Alexandre, also is known by the maternal surname. Perhaps Albert is willing to acknowledge them, give them financial support, but less inclined to give them his "special" name with all the advent perks.

Closed Thread