The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Men need to be held responsible for the fact that every time they have sex, it's a possibility that a child will result. I don't care if TR and NC were manipulative and planned to trap him. Every time a man has sex he knows that it's a possibility.
By the same token, I think it is incredibly stupid for a woman in this day and age to assume that the man will take precautions and should do her own part to protect herself from an unwanted pregnancy. Women also need to own up to their own responsibilities towards themselves. It's easy to pass on the blame to the man for having unprotected/protected sex and a pregnancy resulted. For the woman's part, she should have had her own precautions as a back-up plan. Simple condom doesn't cut it anymore, and if anyone reads the disclaimer, there is a failure rate for them.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:19 AM
Nobility

In the article below TR's father claims that PA has been providing child support all along. Which would explain a good bit.

http://www.10news.com/entertainment/9307052/detail.html

Old 06-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Hi everyone
After reading this whole thread I'm a bit annoyed with the people who seem to be happy to blame TR and NC for Yasmin and Alex if your going to play the blame game You have to place some blame with Albert and some with TR and NC after all it takes two to make a baby.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a bit strange that everyone is shocked over illegitimate children in conjunction with the head of state in Monaco - when the only reason Albert is currently sitting on the throne - is because of an illegitimate child.

It would all have been a much cleaner - and perhaps less enticing for the media - if it all had been sorted out at the time it happened instead of rehashing the whole thing now. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Prince Louis of Luxembourg seems to be a prime example of someone who acknowledged his actions and sorted things out in an orderly manner. At least it seems like it. Even if Prince Albert has been supporting Jazmin all along - a lot of the racket around this case might have died out by now if he'd done what Louis did.

I think that any of us putting the blame on anyone, for actions more than a decade in the past... is fairly pointless. It's not going to resolve anything. Whether birth-control was used or not - we can't know. No method of birth-control is 100% safe.

Jazmin looks like a young girl, with roads of opportunities ahead of her. I wish her luck in dealing with the media - and with the rest of her life. I don't envy her the public scrutiny from the press, to put it like that. But maybe this open recognition from her father will allow her to get some closure in her life. Good luck, Jazmin.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Nobility

I don't think that Jazmin Grace is going to be anymore accepted in Monaco than Alexandre is. Thierry Lacoste may have said that she is welcome in Monaco when asked but he couldn't exactly say that she wasn't as that would show Prince Albert as a bad, cruel and distant father. Also Lacoste said that tha family do not recognise her use of the name Grimaldi. I know that Alexandre isn't allowed to use the name either but it does seem to be saying that yes she is his daughter and he will provide financial support but that he won't be around much.

I would love to see Albert with Jazmin Grace during the summer playing at the Monaco beach club but I strongly doubt that any real arrangements have been made about access but instead only money. And it is no use Albert blaming hostile mothers for the reason why he doesn't see his children. Now that he has officially recognised Jazmin Grace as his daughter he must be allowed some access. I know that she lives in California but she could spend some of her holidays in Monaco. It's not like Albert can't afford to pay her airfare! I think people would respect him far more is he was seen with her than if he wasn't.

I think that the next couple of months over the summer will be very interesting. Summer holidays are coming up so Jazmin Grace won't be at school and will be able to visit Albert. If we don't see him with her in Monaco I think it will be beacause he will want to distance himself from the scandal and the family. I wonder what reporters will now say about how Caroline feels about the situation. After all they said that she didn't like the scandal that Stephanie brought to the family when she had Camille out of wedlock and now we have Albert with two children by two different women and only now recognising them. I wonder how Caroline really feels. Any ideas?

Also if Albert and Charlene do get married do you think Alexandre and Jazmin Grace will be there? Oh, I wonder if Alexandre and Jazmin Grace have met? :)
Old 06-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, we'll probably never know how much influence Prince Rainier had on Albert, if he used threats and which to keep Albert in line. Wasn't Rainier's own mother illegitimate but was ligalized when there was no other Monegasque heir to the throne? Maybe Rainier was strictly against acknowledging by-blows because he feared for the respectability of the family or the succession.

All I can see is that quite soon after his father's death Albert in public has accepted responsibilities he may or may have not accepted before. There are hints that at least Jazmin has been taken good care of financially - maybe Albert did it with his inheritance from his mother's side. I kind of like that.

But somehow I pity Princess Caroline and Andrea. Albert obviously is a quite virile man... Should they groom Andrea for the throne or not? That must be tough on Caroline especially as will have to give up her own position as First Lady of Monaco as well when Albert decides to marry. Or just imagine what would happen if Albert decided to marry Tamara Rotolo in a catholic ceremony shortly before he dies....Uuppsss, not a nice situation at all for Princess Caroline.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Hypothetically speaking...

Is their any possibility that both Alexandre & Jazmin would be legitimised if Albert II had no other children, assuming that there are'nt any other's awaiting to be publically acknowledged already?

Is it even possible for either of the two to be legitimised by the Monegasque Government?

If they were officially recognised by the state, would they recieve title's befitting their status as the children of a reigning sovereign?

As you can tell, the Monegasque family isn't one I take a real interest in, normally

"MII"
Old 06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Hypothetically speaking...

Is their any possibility that both Alexandre & Jazmin would be legitimised if Albert II had no other children, assuming that there are'nt any other's awaiting to be publically acknowledged already?

Is it even possible for either of the two to be legitimised by the Monegasque Government?

If they were officially recognised by the state, would they recieve title's befitting their status as the children of a reigning sovereign?

As you can tell, the Monegasque family isn't one I take a real interest in, normally

"MII"
To make one or both legitimate Albert has to marry the mothers and I don't see that happening. Also some people need to reread some of the articles the facts have already been changed. He said he never paid her money and it wasn't until a few weeks ago he knew she was his child. Up until then he denied knowing of any other children. That you will also find in the articles posted.

As far as having a normal life as some are saying now that she is recognized it isn't going to happen. Normal was before the public knew of them now it's public demand that will put the papparats in the face of Albert's known off spring for the rest of their lives. Money and fame for the sake of the children isn't always worth the price the child pays. Pretending to be the mistress of a friend of Albert's is a far better way to live with your child then the public knowing he is your child's father until the child is of legal age to make the choice of what type of life the would prefer. They are his illegitimate child or a friend and being able to come and go as you want.

Jazmin is now stuck with a body guard. As his child she became a citizen of Monaco even if she lives in the US. Also, if at some point Albert does decide to give her a title which a poster mentioned she can accept it and remain a US citizen there is no law to prevent it as I said before. I don't expect to see that any time soon either but he might surprise me.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
To make one or both legitimate Albert has to marry the mothers and I don't see that happening. Also some people need to reread some of the articles the facts have already been changed. He said he never paid her money and it wasn't until a few weeks ago he knew she was his child. Up until then he denied knowing of any other children. That you will also find in the articles posted.

As far as having a normal life as some are saying now that she is recognized it isn't going to happen. Normal was before the public knew of them now it's public demand that will put the papparats in the face of Albert's known off spring for the rest of their lives. Money and fame for the sake of the children isn't always worth the price the child pays. Pretending to be the mistress of a friend of Albert's is a far better way to live with your child then the public knowing he is your child's father until the child is of legal age to make the choice of what type of life the would prefer. They are his illegitimate child or a friend and being able to come and go as you want.

Jazmin is now stuck with a body guard. As his child she became a citizen of Monaco even if she lives in the US. Also, if at some point Albert does decide to give her a title which a poster mentioned she can accept it and remain a US citizen there is no law to prevent it as I said before. I don't expect to see that any time soon either but he might surprise me.
Merci

"MII"
Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Nobility

I, for one, am glad Albert finally admitted it. I can see why he didn't in the past; there is a fine tradition (sarcasm here) of kings and princes refusing to acknowledge the products of their dalliances. But he must feel quite relieved now that he has one less secret to keep.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
By the same token, I think it is incredibly stupid for a woman in this day and age to assume that the man will take precautions and should do her own part to protect herself from an unwanted pregnancy...
Who says this was an unwanted pregnancy on TR's part? It seems very deliberate to me and even if it didn't start out the way she wanted it to (i.e. The Princess Diaries) it is my opinion that this recognition, financial support and eternal connection to Albert, his royal family and mother, Princess Grace, is very much what she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
...Also some people need to reread some of the articles the facts have already been changed. He said he never paid her money and it wasn't until a few weeks ago he knew she was his child. Up until then he denied knowing of any other children. That you will also find in the articles posted...
LadyMac, you truly must be a wonderful person. Truly. But with all due respect, I don't believe anything PA says. He has gone on national and international tv and not told the truth (I guess this is when I'm supposed to say, "in my opinion"). We really don't know if he abandoned Jazmin, has been supporting her or something in between. We know her name is Grimaldi and not Rotolo as he, through his lawyer, have stated. And now he, through his lawyer, swear "there are no more hidden children." How can we believe anything he says?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
i believe they all gave up their american passports back in the 60s because of taxes or something like that. he could claim it again, but why would he?
I think the only one with an Americn passport would have been PG. Once she became a legal citien of MC she probably had to forfit that & get a passport for MC. I don't believe PA is consedered an American citizen even though his mom was American. I believe that needs to be declared at birth. I know a hockey player who is Canadian but his kids were born in the US. They were automatically given US citizenship because of birth on US soil. PA was born in MC so the same rule doesn't apply.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Commoner

Does this remind anyone else of the movie "The Princess Diaries?" Jazmin Grace returns to Monaco and the principality falls in love with her? She stands by her father and supports him in his official duties. There could be a happy ending here after all.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Gentry

This whole thing reminds me of the "Princess Diary". The worst thing is you know someone is already working on a movie about Albert's children. Sort of like "Princess Daisy." I would love to see Alexendra and Jazmine come live in Monoco with their dad if their mothers wouldn't mind.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65
I think the only one with an Americn passport would have been PG. Once she became a legal citien of MC she probably had to forfit that & get a passport for MC. I don't believe PA is consedered an American citizen even though his mom was American. I believe that needs to be declared at birth. I know a hockey player who is Canadian but his kids were born in the US. They were automatically given US citizenship because of birth on US soil. PA was born in MC so the same rule doesn't apply.
no they all had american passports. they gave them up because they found no use and were paying extra money for them.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Oh, how I wish Caroline was on the throne... sigh...

Prince Albert, well actually I have nothing to say about him, I'm NOT surprised.

I do hope that neither Caroline nor Stephanie shun them in any way, they are not at fault as many have already established on this thread, they are family.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

A couple of thoughts: A few months ago a happy,gleeful poster saw Alex's pics and said "there's another beatiful child, the Grimaldis have some gorgeous children". Except that these children are not really "Grimaldi" Grimaldis. So for that fine looking young woman,JG what/how can she assimilate her abrupt name change? What can you say, I guess its the mothers' faults And they'll both continue to be ok. They are most fortunate children, Indeed. Enough of doom over their heads. They both look terrific and I agree with that happy poster.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
LadyMac, you truly must be a wonderful person. Truly. But with all due respect, I don't believe anything PA says. He has gone on national and international tv and not told the truth (I guess this is when I'm supposed to say, "in my opinion"). We really don't know if he abandoned Jazmin, has been supporting her or something in between. We know her name is Grimaldi and not Rotolo as he, through his lawyer, have stated. And now he, through his lawyer, swear "there are no more hidden children." How can we believe anything he says?
Bravo! He is out and out lying saying he didn't know til a little while ago that she was his child. Hell, I knew he was her father and I've never met any of them.

I have also read that TR's father reported PA has been supporting JGG all along. In his interview on CNN with Larry King PA said he was providing for Alexandre but NC's desire for attention drove her to do her interview. I thought in this last comment was very believable. He also said he did not publically acknowledge Alexandre because he wanted to protect him, another comment that seems to jive with his delay in acknowledgeing JGG. I believe, or have heard that she is now being refered to in news casts as Jasmin Grace Rotolo.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Has Prince Albert heard of birth control?

You would think that some one in Prince Albert's position would be alot more responsible and careful when it comes to sex!!! It's called birth control!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
It's a bit strange that everyone is shocked over illegitimate children in conjunction with the head of state in Monaco - when the only reason Albert is currently sitting on the throne - is because of an illegitimate child.

It would all have been a much cleaner - and perhaps less enticing for the media - if it all had been sorted out at the time it happened instead of rehashing the whole thing now. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Prince Louis of Luxembourg seems to be a prime example of someone who acknowledged his actions and sorted things out in an orderly manner. At least it seems like it. Even if Prince Albert has been supporting Jazmin all along - a lot of the racket around this case might have died out by now if he'd done what Louis did.

I think that any of us putting the blame on anyone, for actions more than a decade in the past... is fairly pointless. It's not going to resolve anything. Whether birth-control was used or not - we can't know. No method of birth-control is 100% safe.

Jazmin looks like a young girl, with roads of opportunities ahead of her. I wish her luck in dealing with the media - and with the rest of her life. I don't envy her the public scrutiny from the press, to put it like that. But maybe this open recognition from her father will allow her to get some closure in her life. Good luck, Jazmin.
Well said. Assigning blame does not change anything at all. I'm guessing that all parties are glad that this part is at least being put in the past also. Good for all of them it's official and done.

Closed Thread