The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir
Oops, thank you!
You're welcome

Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

The Royal Daughter Untroubled By Titles & Tiaras

The Royalist - The Royal Daughter Untroubled By Titles & Tiaras

There appears to be new photos but a membership is required.
Anyone a member who can post the photos?

Old 01-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Serene Highness

Looking at Jazmin pics I agree with other posters: she looks similar to Chelsea Clinton. Jazmin looks actually remontly like her mother, Tamara.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

One part of the article
Quote:
Jazmin's latest public appearance will be no surprise to some elements of the media. Despite Albert having hired legal representatives to protect his eldest child from the aforementioned press and photographers, France's Le Figaro newspaper has claimed that Jazmin is contemplating becoming a celebrity and possibly even writing a book, such is the level of media interest in her life
Only two photo's nothing to look at really all you see is her face no hair nothing.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Am I the only one who thinks that Jazmin isn't doing anything wrong by appearing in public or being a celebrity if she chooses? Caroline's children enjoy their public lives. Their mother may have tried to shield them from the press as children, but they seem to enjoy it very much now.

She's been basically swept under the carpet her whole life. She and her mother have been ridiculed from the beginning of her life as liars. I can't imagine being a child and having other children or adults tell you you were a liar when you told them who your father was.

She really does seem to be an intelligent and well rounded young women who already seems to be using her "fame" to help others with the Jazmin Fund (jazminfund.org).

Besides, it's obvious that the press has no intention of letting her or Alexandre live normal lives. They will be photographed and hunted from now on.

Jazmin and her little brother Alexandre will always be of public interest because of who they are and who their father is they might as well learn to enjoy it and use it to their advantage.

I'm not sure that Jazmin looks like Chelsea Clinton. I think she looks a lot like Tamara in her younger days with some of Albert's features.

I'd actually love to read the details of her life thus far if she were to write a book. So much could be clarified...like her relationship with her father from the time of her birth. Tamara's family has said that Albert had been supporting Jazmin for several years prior to her public acknowledgement, and Tamara stated in interviews that Albert took a sample of Jazmin'z DNA during her suit against him. It's clear that Albert has known Jazmin was his child either from birth or the court hearing. I'm a little curious about those things. I just wonder why Rainier (or Albert) insisted on keeping her a secret for so long. I mean, honestly, Rainier's own mother was illlegitimate, Stephanie had children out of wedlock, Princess Antionette had children out of wedlock and Caroline twice got pregnant before getting the groom to the alter.

Just me little thoughts....
Old 01-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

I re-read the article again and IMO ONLY,
I get the impression Jazmin has no sense of wanting "anything Royal" and we're the one's pushing it on her. At her age, and what we've seen and read of her, she is very capable of making a very public presence. IMO if she wanted anything for herself she has the access to now tell us. Do you for a second think that if she wanted to be a Princess, or to one day be sitting in a fancy high-back chair she wouldn't have already appeared on Oprah! Instead she has maintained her low-key life in Palm Desert.

Where's her mother? Seems like over the last six months both mothers have disappeared and for the better. Both children now have their own "soap box" (Alex will climb upon his when it's time) and I can't wait until the day either or both speak for themselves. Again IMO, Albert and both mothers must Pray that secretly or not they've acted and have done the right things because something tells me we'll hear it from the children one day. Historically they will have to tell what they believe to be the truth and it may or may not paint a very ugly picture.

Like Alex, two innocent children, created by three irresponsible parents, who from day one never took the time to sit back and think about these children (unless we believe, like I do, that Albert had a plan for his children and that was to secretly provide for them and protect them until adulthood). We don't know how Alex will react we'll have to wait until he's old enough to have his own voice. Now, Jazmin seems to be going on with her life as she has all these years. Maybe her charitable work was in her own community in the past and not telling anyone, or anyone believing who her father was, no one paid attention -- therefore, she's doing what she's been doing since she's been able to but only now the press cares.

So what if she is acknowledged and comes into money then decides to give it to the poor rather than the local Gucci and Prada stores. We can only hope Alex does the same. Isn't it said that people without money who then come into money give more to the less-fortunate than those who have always had money?

We are such a society of labels, until of course someone wants to place a label on us. Alex is Alex. Jazmin is Jazmin. Albert is Albert. The "other two" are the "other two."

And a last IMO, do any of us really have any hint or clue as to what the truth is or who any of these people really are? None of us breathe the same air as these people so we don't "really" know do we?

I'd love to see all the players in front of Dr. Phil or better yet, Judge Judy.

{removed off topic- Lady Jennifer}

http://www.myimagehosting.com/pic.ph...031S14&i=48144
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
Like Alex, two innocent children, created by three irresponsible parents, who from day one never took the time to sit back and think about these children (unless we believe, like I do, that Albert had a plan for his children and that was to secretly provide for them and protect them until adulthood). We don't know how Alex will react we'll have to wait until he's old enough to have his own voice. Now, Jazmin seems to be going on with her life as she has all these years. Maybe her charitable work was in her own community in the past and not telling anyone, or anyone believing who her father was, no one paid attention -- therefore, she's doing what she's been doing since she's been able to but only now the press cares.
If you honestly believed that part I bold typed than you shouldn't have been one the ones demanding recognition but supported Albert denying paternity as I did (but knowing they were)to allow his children to grow up quietly away from the press. The fact remains Tamara pushed for it and stole the freedoms these children will never know of what a normal childhood would have been like and for what? Fame and money nothing more. Albert could have still maintained a private life with these and all children he may have outside of marriage caused by accidents when the woman didn't take their birth control pills the swore they were on. And those demanding it to have something else to talk about on the Internet look at in the magazines as they try to cover their faces tired of being chased by the paparazzi etc like you keep posting the articles and photo's from.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

New photos of Jazmin Grace. She is very beautiful young girl!

"JAZMIN GRACE GRIMALDI" PRIVATE PHOTOSHOOT LLOYD KLEIN, LOS ANGELES, CA 01-24-2007 - PHOTO: CLINTON H. WALLACE-PHOTOMUNDO-GLOBE PHOTOS INC EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS (Credit; GLOBE photos/ACI online)

Blue dress Close up Close up2 Close up3

Fashion girl What to wear (or buy)? Big smile

To see whole photo session, type "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi" here

Old 01-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I always hoped Jazmin would not make living of being Albert illegitimate daughter. When I saw pictures from Fiji"charity" trip I thought Jazmin was innocent participant of her mother plans, b/c I don't have doubts this charity is Tamara's idea to promote her daughter as princess. But after this photo shots I don't see Jazmin as innocent participant. Comm'n she is almost 15 and she knowingly takes advantage of being illegitimate daugher of a famous man, with whom her married then mother had brief liaison. In this pictures sh's pretty girl though, but too much make up for 15. And celebrity at 15? Where is time for school? I hope she will not forget about it. Her mother is pushing her in very wrong direction.
It seems that Tamara and Jazmin try competing with Casiraghis for popularity and celebrity status.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
It seems that Tamara and Jazmin try competing with Casiraghis for popularity and celebrity status.
Specially now that Charlotte made her big debut in the Chanel fashion show at the hand of Lagerfeld, now that Charlotte is in the public eye in an more celedebutante way, someone is trying to push this one is the same light, and it is sad, she can come in a better way by dedicating herself to studies that Charlotte does not seems interested on
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always knew Jazmin wasn't an innocent participant. Her mother doesen't seem as a good influence on the girl. She wants her daughter to attain fame and to become Albert's heir.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Everyone needs to take a step back & calm down. Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its one you don't agree with. Remember, Jazmin, her mother, family, friends, etc. are people.
Please remember to
stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted. If the rules can't be followed, then the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Old 01-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

Just to add my two cents, I remember Chelsea having a much fatter face at this age. I would not say Jazmin looks that much like her. Anyway, Jazmin now has celebrity status be it positive or negative. And, its only a matter of time before we see her on MTV or in some teem movie. Just wait and watch!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Jazmin looked great on those pictures
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

I think she's very pretty, very elegant, very poised.
IMO she's got a bit of Grace running through her veins
because it certainly doesn't seem like she got this from her parents.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
If you honestly believed that part I bold typed than you shouldn't have been one the ones demanding recognition but supported Albert denying paternity as I did (but knowing they were)to allow his children to grow up quietly away from the press. The fact remains Tamara pushed for it and stole the freedoms these children will never know of what a normal childhood would have been like and for what? Fame and money nothing more. Albert could have still maintained a private life with these and all children he may have outside of marriage caused by accidents when the woman didn't take their birth control pills the swore they were on. And those demanding it to have something else to talk about on the Internet look at in the magazines as they try to cover their faces tired of being chased by the paparazzi etc like you keep posting the articles and photo's from.

Just my opinion.

Albert never denied the paternity of Jazmin or Alexandre - never!

Tamara sought monitary support for her daughter in the only manner that was open to her after Albert (at Rainier's bidding) cut her out of his life with an infant Jazmin, which was to seek a court order forcing him to provide her with monitary support.

How many of us here are low income single mothers as Tamara was at that time??? Seeking child support is now actually required by some states before the state will even think of providing aid to needy mothers and fathers.

It is not a question of Albert and Tamara's relationship being wrong or right it was a question of a single mother working as a waitress being able to support her child. A child that had a multi-millionaire for a father and that father's natural responsiblity to care for his own child.

After Tamara's frustrated attempts to have Albert acknowledge his daughter and accept some responsiblity for her (which is what any other mother would have done in her particular situation) she actually remained pretty low profile.

It as Nicole who actually forced the issue and wouldn't accept to keep the arrangements that she and Albert made private. She forced Albert to make it public that Alexandre was her son and that he had accepted legal responsiblity for him. Albert had been providing monitary support for both Nicole and Alexandre prior to his birth. Unfortunatly, Jazmin did not have this luxury for some time.

Once Albert went public and acknowledged Alexandre why shouldn't Tamara want the same for her daughter. I would imagine that Jazmin was more than a little wounded by not having the same acknowledment for more than 14 years that Alexandre got as an infant. They are each his children and should have been treated equally. It was mentioned at the time that Albert acknowledged her that her paternity had been "legally" established some weeks before but that both parties wanted it to remain private until Jazmin was 18. It was only the media's constant attention that forced him to make the statement.

Tamara had remained relatively mute on the matter for nearly a decade. Giving only seldom interviews with authors and reports where necessary to affirm that Jazmin was the daughter of Albert. I doubt anyone would have rolled over and suddenly decided to claim another father knowing full well that she was Albert's child. Tamara did tell John Glatt (the only member of the "press" that I have read an interview with by her since her court hearing) that Albert had never publically denied that he was Jazmin's father, and that was all she asked of him.

Tamara had nothing to do with anything that happened to Alexandre. Nicole sued for support and paternity (which was legally granted). After she got this support and legal (though private) recognition she pushed forward with the press to force Albert's hand on making Alexandre's paternity public. That was not Tamara's doing. It was more than a year later that Albert made it public that Jazmin was, indeed, his daughter.

While I disagree with the manner in which Nicole went about her plans I don't disagree with her desire to have her son formally acknowledged by his own father. I mean seriously what child wants to grow up treated as some dirty little secret and afraid to be seen in public with your father or even to tell your classmates who your father is. Can you imagine the psychological effects this would have on any child?

Alexandre and Jazmin have done nothing wrong. They are the innocent vicitims of their own parents lust and seflishness. Now it appears they are to be the vicitims of not only the press but us, as well.

Jazmin and Alexandre together with their mother's don't appear to be in competition with anyone. They appear, to me at least, to be going about their lives now that the initial dust has settled. Jazmin travels to Monaco and France to visit her father. I certainly can't be the only person who assumes it is natural for a child to attempt to form a relationship with her father? The tabloid press snaps her in airports or leaving her father's home and she is considered to be a bad apple or courting the press by doing normal things? She seems to be a normal teenager. She's only 14 and after many, many years of having to hide who she is she's now free to openly visit her father without hiding.

She and Alexandre are just kids who need to be allowed to form a relationship with their father. They can't be blamed that the press hunts them and stalks them to see what dates they visit and waits outside their homes and schools.

Jazmin's work with the JazminFund seems rather mature and socially responsible. The pictures on her website show her trying to help others not auditioning for a role in Paris Hilton's next movie.

Neither Jazmin nor Alexandre seem to be seeking anything extraordinary. Everyone acts like that they should be shamed for being "illegitimate." No one mentions them just as Albert's children they are always "illegitimate" like that makes them any less his children. It certainly isn't going to make them want any less of a relationship with their own father.

As for looks, Jazmin is only 14. Her grand mother, Princess Grace, a notorious beauty even looked ackward at that age. Besides, aren't we as adults just a little above picking on the looks of a 14 year old kid. Both she and Alexandre are rather attractive for their respective ages.

I hope that Jazmin continues her charity work with the Jazmin Fund. If she can help another person because of being Albert's daughter then so be it. At least, she's helping someone.

Normally, I wouldn't be so tedious and long winded but it bothers me that so many are willing to villify Alexandre and Jazmin for who their father is and for having mothers who weren't wed to him, as if they themselves had a hand in the fates.

I say......When life gives you lemons why not make lemonaide!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem
Albert never denied the paternity of Jazmin or Alexandre - never!

Tamara sought monitary support for her daughter in the only manner that was open to her after Albert (at Rainier's bidding) cut her out of his life with an infant Jazmin, which was to seek a court order forcing him to provide her with monitary support.
{removed off topic part of post- Lady Jennifer}

However, with this said -- I would like to make one correction: Tamara has never spoken, given an interview or provided any photos to the press -- ever. It is simply a matter of people trying to make money off the situation by taking advantage of misleading the press for profit. And what better subject to do this to than one who has remained private and loyal to her child and the father by NOT speaking.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem
As for looks, Jazmin is only 14. Her grand mother, Princess Grace, a notorious beauty even looked ackward at that age. Besides, aren't we as adults just a little above picking on the looks of a 14 year old kid. Both she and Alexandre are rather attractive for their respective ages.
I have not said anything negative about her appearance. I agreed that she resembles Chelsea CLinton at that age. There is one photograph in which there is a likeness to her. I did not say she was the splitting image of her. I also did not say that she is unattractive or that Chelsea is unattractive. I didn't even say that she was "ackward". The child is actually quiet pretty for her fourteen years of age. She is getting involved in charitable works which is wonderful for a college bound student.
She seems like an intelligent and personable young woman whom hopefully will have a chance to live a semi-normal life if she remains in the US. IF she moves to Europe, I see little chance of her leading a normal life. But at least she might gain a father. Maybe then, Prince Albert may be able to form a lifelong relationship with both his children.
As to the other things in your post, I think the are irrelevant to what this thread is about. Please do not feel like I am attacking you. I am not. I am just clarifying my previous post. We are after all entitled to our own opinions and I certainly respect yours.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:

However, with this said -- I would like to make one correction: Tamara has never spoken, given an interview or provided any photos to the press -- ever. It is simply a matter of people trying to make money off the situation by taking advantage of misleading the press for profit. And what better subject to do this to than one who has remained private and loyal to her child and the father by NOT speaking.
Tamara has, indeed, given interviews most of which took place in 1993 as part of her struggle to gain recognition for Jazmin. I would also point out that she interviewed with John Glatt (for his book The Royal House of Monaco) on December 2, 1997.

Additionally, she did a series of interviews with Bruce McCormack in September 1993 following her public "display" in Wyoming in an attempt to get Albert to merely see Jazmin. Bruce has become a friend of Tamara and delt with her kindly even stopping her from making a further spectacle of herself that day in Cody. He used his conversations with her (she was fully aware he was a reporter) to write articles during this time.

With that said I'd have to say she was good intentioned in all her interviews. She was fighting for her child and for the support she desperately needed to help raise her daughter.

There are articles in reputable papers in 93/94 that state Albert had started to contribute to Jazmin financially which helped Tamara take their daughter into seculsion and live a normal life until recently. I am not, however, saying that Tamara had anything to do with these particular articles.

I would also point out that while Tamara interviewed with John Glatt for his book so did Albert and his closest friends. As well as, friends and relatives of Princess Grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Alicia
I have not said anything negative about her appearance. I agreed that she resembles Chelsea CLinton at that age. There is one </br></br>

As to the other things in your post, I think the are irrelevant to what this thread is about. Please do not feel like I am attacking you. I am not. I am just clarifying my previous post. We are after all entitled to our own opinions and I certainly respect yours.
I wasn't implying that you were making negative comments about her appearance. I was making a comment about the posters who imply that she isn't anything special, that she is less attractive than this or that person, or that she wears tons of make up (which I've never seen).

However, the thread is about Jazmin so I think my comments were pretty on topic. I was attempting to clarify remarks made by others that indicate that she's paparazzi hungry and to insult her mother. I did also see someone else blaming Tamara for what has happened to not only Jazmin but Alexandre, as well, which I find odd and untrue.

I feel an uncanny need to fight for Jazmin and Alexandre when others seem compelled to be less than kind about them since they are so young.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lalla Meriem you clearly read the book. In it is quotes from Tamara where she was clearly stating her daughter was the rightful heir to the throne of Monaco and the Grimaldis were afraid an outsider would run the family.
Quote:

Excuse me Trustworthy but you are incorrect last summer 2006 after Jazmin graduated Tamara gave photo's with written permission and we discussed this in the Forum that she gave them to the European tabloids after Albert had sued over the use of photo's of him with Tamara.

Closed Thread