The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #841  
Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
I would never say illegitimate in a pejorative way,itīs only a word to refer to someone not born inside a marriage;i answered a poster who was Camille( as they were talking about Alexander and Camille and their situation on the line of succession)
__________________

  #842  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I for one, agree with Trustworthy on this one. I hate the term illegitmate just as I hate adopted....it just has (or appears to have) a negative implication. As if Camille is treated any different than her "legitimate" kids. Other than being in the line of succession does it really matter? With that in mind, I am sure Rosana didn't mean it that way. That just my personal cross to bear :)
<Removed portion- Lady Jennifer> as a never married within a church mother of a 21 year old daughter let me say I have no problem whatsoever of the word illegitimate in referring to my daughter. I do however have one with the word "bastard" and it shouldn't be used in a conversation in reference to anyone even if they are illegitimate. JMO being the mother of an illegitimate child.

There are certain things a woman must consider when she learns she is pregnant and isn't married. One is the label the child will face in their life of being called illegitimate. If she feels she cannot accept it or other things associated with being a single parent then I would suggest she give the child up for adoption (which I considered) to people who are seeking a child to bring into their home joy and love to help them feel complete as a family because perhaps there was a reason they weren't able to have a child of their own. Adoption is a wonderful thing a gift to another when you were able to provide love to an empty home longing for the laughter of a child. Again JMO.
__________________

  #843  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
<Removed portion- Lady Jennifer> as a never married within a church mother of a 21 year old daughter let me say I have no problem whatsoever of the word illegitimate in referring to my daughter. I do however have one with the word "bastard" and it shouldn't be used in a conversation in reference to anyone even if they are illegitimate. JMO being the mother of an illegitimate child.

There are certain things a woman must consider when she learns she is pregnant and isn't married. One is the label the child will face in their life of being called illegitimate. If she feels she cannot accept it or other things associated with being a single parent then I would suggest she give the child up for adoption (which I considered) to people who are seeking a child to bring into their home joy and love to help them feel complete as a family because perhaps there was a reason they weren't able to have a child of their own. Adoption is a wonderful thing a gift to another when you were able to provide love to an empty home longing for the laughter of a child. Again JMO.
I know many single parents -- many -- and I have never heard any of them, or their friends and family -- ever -- refer to any of their children as illegitimate. IMO the above statement is beyond comprehension in the world in which I live.
  #844  
Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 AM
tamarindi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
I guess they too got it wrong
I have to ask, how do you know they got it wrong? do you have better information?

Tamar
__________________
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
  #845  
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
I have to ask, how do you know they got it wrong? do you have better information?

Tamar
I don't know of any student who gets 8-days for an American holiday called, Thanksgiving. And in fact you cross dateline and lose a day making it 9-days then add the 20 hours or more it takes to get there from Palm Desert, California and you're closer to 10-11 days. IMO
  #846  
Old 11-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
(laughing) Why do some insist on "labeling" -- especially the children. Do you for a second think anyone in the family refers this to this in that way? (laughing)
I donīt see what could be so funny.Some porters were talking about the reforms made by Rainier on the Constitution, and about his knowledge of some illegitimate children; of course he knew about Camille, whom he adored, but there were doubts about his knowing of the existence of Alexander.Thatīs the reason i made clear who Camille was. In this times we are living, when families are formed in different ways, that a child is legitimate or not is insignificant, but not to the Constitution of a state. Obviously you didnīt bother to read the posts above.
  #847  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
I donīt see what could be so funny.Some porters were talking about the reforms made by Rainier on the Constitution, and about his knowledge of some illegitimate children; of course he knew about Camille, whom he adored, but there were doubts about his knowing of the existence of Alexander.Thatīs the reason i made clear who Camille was. In this times we are living, when families are formed in different ways, that a child is legitimate or not is insignificant, but not to the Constitution of a state. Obviously you didnīt bother to read the posts above.
Don't worry, I think everyoe one who wanted to understand, did. Others are just too busy banging their heads against the impossibility of Albert's out of wedlock children to ascend to the Monaco thone.
  #848  
Old 11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Don't worry, I think everyoe one who wanted to understand, did. Others are just too busy banging their heads against the impossibility of Albert's out of wedlock children to ascend to the Monaco thone.
While I don't always agree with you Paca I have to say BRAVO that couldn't be any clearer. I want to add I wouldn't want my child to succeed Albert for many reasons mainly it would take away from their freedom of choice to do with their life as they chose as was from Albert himself. Thus a reason I wouldn't marry him while I could have children or have one with him before hand but name another man as the father. The truth known only to the three of us. There is always ways to get around taking away your childs free will and thats what this would be. JMO of course

I just found these.
http://www.topsynergy.com/famous/Jaz...ace_Rotolo.asp
There are errors in the article below.
http://www.stephanieparker.com/mirror/sunmirror.html
Seems a lot of papers have the same article and length of time so that means the orginal source who told the press about it to start with was in error. Someone please make a note to Tamara to be sure the facts are straight before she releases them.
http://www.examiner.com/a-414635~Pri...n_mission.html
  #849  
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
I don't know of any student who gets 8-days for an American holiday called, Thanksgiving. And in fact you cross dateline and lose a day making it 9-days then add the 20 hours or more it takes to get there from Palm Desert, California and you're closer to 10-11 days. IMO
Its called saving up your sick days (generally your allowed X amount before you get into trouble) & using them then. And there are some people who do start their Thanksgiving break the Monday before Thanksgiving.
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #850  
Old 11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Its called saving up your sick days (generally your allowed X amount before you get into trouble) & using them then. And there are some people who do start their Thanksgiving break the Monday before Thanksgiving.
That might explain it
  #851  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:56 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Its called saving up your sick days (generally your allowed X amount before you get into trouble) & using them then. And there are some people who do start their Thanksgiving break the Monday before Thanksgiving.
I believe I read she is in a private school. They will allow more and if its a school requirement as stated before for graduation. Isn't she also an honor roll student? If yes I'm sure they would have no problems with her taking her assignments with her as entertainers and their children do while on the road. Children are home schooled as well so I don't see what the problem was about the amount of time of the trip was.
  #852  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:16 AM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Its called saving up your sick days (generally your allowed X amount before you get into trouble) & using them then. And there are some people who do start their Thanksgiving break the Monday before Thanksgiving.
But I don't think that applies to a student. Jobs, yes, but class attendance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
I don't know of any student who gets 8-days for an American holiday called, Thanksgiving. And in fact you cross dateline and lose a day making it 9-days then add the 20 hours or more it takes to get there from Palm Desert, California and you're closer to 10-11 days. IMO
Except for me, though I'm in college. K-12 here in California do not have a week off for Thanksgiving. Private or public.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #853  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,639
Sorry, there is something I can't understand. perhaps I missed something.
Most of us are attacking or blaming Tamara, as we assume she's behind this trip of her daughter's, for the reasons we all know of.
The money for her support and stuff, including this trip, is supposed to be coming from Albert, right?
Albert told the whole planet Jazmin is his daughter, ok?
Then, if it's him that gives money to Jazmin, then why can't he tell Tamara to stop the whole thing? Or take precautions to avoid Tamara using that money to do what she pleases to cause damage to Jazmin?
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #854  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Sorry, there is something I can't understand. perhaps I missed something.
Most of us are attacking or blaming Tamara, as we assume she's behind this trip of her daughter's, for the reasons we all know of.
The money for her support and stuff, including this trip, is supposed to be coming from Albert, right?
Albert told the whole planet Jazmin is his daughter, ok?
Then, if it's him that gives money to Jazmin, then why can't he tell Tamara to stop the whole thing? Or take precautions to avoid Tamara using that money to do what she pleases to cause damage to Jazmin?
great point, tosca. but i think jazmin wants this media recognition as well and considerring that she has an allowance which goes directly to her i don't see how albert can control things, unless he stops giving them money completely. However i am sure we'll see the duo back in Monaco for christmas, as if nothing happened...makes me think he can't do anything about it and goes with the flow.
  #855  
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
But I don't think that applies to a student. Jobs, yes, but class attendance?



Except for me, though I'm in college. K-12 here in California do not have a week off for Thanksgiving. Private or public.
I know families that take several days off to go to Disney World during the school year because it is cooler weather & less crowded. I don't agree with it but it is done. They just make arrangements to know what chapters need to be studied & what assignments need to be done. The kids do homework on the plane to & from their destination & in the evening in the hotel if necessary..
  #856  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:54 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Sorry, there is something I can't understand. perhaps I missed something.
Most of us are attacking or blaming Tamara, as we assume she's behind this trip of her daughter's, for the reasons we all know of.
The money for her support and stuff, including this trip, is supposed to be coming from Albert, right?
Albert told the whole planet Jazmin is his daughter, ok?
Then, if it's him that gives money to Jazmin, then why can't he tell Tamara to stop the whole thing? Or take precautions to avoid Tamara using that money to do what she pleases to cause damage to Jazmin?
Albert didn't give her the money for this trip. Tamera and Jaz decide what happens to the money. He has to pay his child support no matter what.

Albert is not pulling the strings here. I think he'd rather Jaz and Alex be very much under the radar.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #857  
Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Did they spent any Christmas with Albert??? I donīt think Caroline would like it so much:
  #858  
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Did they spent any Christmas with Albert??? I donīt think Caroline would like it so much:
yep, they did last year
  #859  
Old 11-29-2006, 05:29 PM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Did they spent any Christmas with Albert??? I donīt think Caroline would like it so much:
Why would you say that she didn't like it "so much"? It's not her neice's fault that she was born out of wedlock. Why would she be upset that Albert was spending time with his children?

Ani
  #860  
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Why would you say that she didn't like it "so much"? It's not her neice's fault that she was born out of wedlock. Why would she be upset that Albert was spending time with his children?

Ani
Itīs not the childrenīs fault,but if she was upset when Camille was born(she said Stephanie had thrown their surname to the floor;sorry if it means nothing in english,itīs a literal translation fron spanish) i imagine how she felt about Albertīs kids. Caroline, as much as i like her, i have to say sheīs snob and likes things done "correctly". Maybe she says things and then she regrets, or time changes her mind or she accepts facts as they are.The truth is that she was very angry with her sister.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 4 : Feb.2007 - April 2007 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 43 04-09-2007 02:14 AM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (Rotolo) 2 : April 2006 - June 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 229 06-01-2006 03:21 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament photo picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess eugenie eveningwear princess ingrid alexandra princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania revolution royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises