The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps this might help
Quote:
According to Le Figaro, Jazmin Grace is hesitating between two options: to become a public person, a "celebutante" in the United States and write a book, even having her story adapted as a movie, or move near Monaco and her father, lead a discreet life, and study in Europe.
http://www.arikah.com/encyclopedia/J...Grace_Grimaldi I have to say it appears to me that most of the information being written about her came from that book and seems the writers were on target as to her plans and those she has decided make.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

Oh brother! I think everyone has over-reacted here!
Whether or not this is a good or bad charity in anyone's opinion does not matter. The fact that the charity is in Fijii is something that she chose to do. She does not have to go on a church mission if she choses not to, again so don't knock it! She doesn't have to do any other type of charity work than the kind that interests her and for some reason this seems to. It's a simple as that. If her website is no good and there's a lak of information its probably because its new! Or maybe this is really something Jazmin put together (meaning the website) because really an amateur web page is what some kids play around with on thier spare time. As the charity grows & more questions are asked from contributors I'm sure there will be additions to the site. I think that people are failing to remember that Jazmin is a 14 year old girl and this is probably her first charity & she's still picking up on the learning curve. Regardless of what you all may think my opinion is that Jazmin has done much of the work involved in this charity. The point is something nice has been done for someone else. And as for dignity and blood boiling - get a grip....There's no need for that! Nobody ever said that poor people did not have dignity, everyone has dignity! As far claims to lack of sincerity, how on earth would anyone here know if Jazmin is sincere or not? I see no reason why she would not genuinly want to help someone else its only human nature. Unbelievable how people are always looking to the negative on others!

Old 11-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether or not you agree with them or not.

Also, please let's be courteous to each other while discussing said opinions.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
As far claims to lack of sincerity, how on earth would anyone here know if Jazmin is sincere or not? I see no reason why she would not genuinly want to help someone else its only human nature. Unbelievable how people are always looking to the negative on others!
I don't think we said she wasn't sincere. But the circumstances surrounding the trip likely organized by her mother are perhaps not sincere.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I don't think we said she wasn't sincere. But the circumstances surrounding the trip likely organized by her mother are perhaps not sincere.
It seems to me as though it was implied several times. Nobody here knows who really organized this trip & again why wouldn't there be any type of sincerity on the part of Tamara either? Sure maybe she wants the best for her daughter but then don't all mothers? Maybe this is her definition of the best. Do people think that even Tamara wouln't honestly want to help others if the opportunity is there? And again how one choses to help another is obviously of thier own choice. It seems rather slanderous to add Tax right off as a replacement to sincerity of Tamara's character when the truth is that nobody really knows what goes on behind the closed doors of thier lives. I know that you may not have been the one to state all of this but it seems tedious for me to go back and read through all of the quotes.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It seems to me as though it was implied several times. Nobody here knows who really organized this trip & again why wouldn't there be any type of sincerity on the part of Tamara either? Sure maybe she wants the best for her daughter but then don't all mothers? Maybe this is her definition of the best. Do people think that even Tamara wouln't honestly want to help others if the opportunity is there? And again how one choses to help another is obviously of thier own choice. It seems rather slanderous to add Tax right off as a replacement to sincerity of Tamara's character when the truth is that nobody really knows what goes on behind the closed doors of thier lives. I know that you may not have been the one to state all of this but it seems tedious for me to go back and read through all of the quotes.
With all due respect. I think from reading the various posts what has struck everyone is that 14 year olds don't do this sort of thing on their own. Even those who have a lot of money. Most wealthy parents start their children's philthanthropic service closer to home and don't have their own web sites asking for donations. It seems to be out of sorts with what most of the posters have seen done whereever they live.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Administrator

I don't think its fair to generalize a group in this case 14 year olds.

Its probably safe to say that there are some 14 years olds who don't participate in community service projects, are not aware of what is going on in the world, etc. But its unfair to say that all 14 year olds are like that. We (I speaking for the group...sorry!) don't know Jazmin. So for us to assume that she doesn't do ANY community service projects (she might do some outside of the public eye) and this is the only one is not fair. In addition, there are teenagers who do have projects that are dear to them with websites.

Also, as I mentioned before..while I do question some of Tamara's motives...I am not sure this is all her. In California, it is a high school requirement before graduation that you must do community service. I learned that from watching Laguna Beach...my other guilty pleasure!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Oh brother! I think everyone has over-reacted here!
Whether or not this is a good or bad charity in anyone's opinion does not matter. The fact that the charity is in Fiji is something that she chose to do. She does not have to go on a church mission if she choses not to, again so don't knock it! She doesn't have to do any other type of charity work than the kind that interests her and for some reason this seems to. It's a simple as that. If her website is no good and there's a lak of information its probably because its new! Or maybe this is really something Jazmin put together (meaning the website) because really an amateur web page is what some kids play around with on thier spare time. As the charity grows & more questions are asked from contributors I'm sure there will be additions to the site. I think that people are failing to remember that Jazmin is a 14 year old girl and this is probably her first charity & she's still picking up on the learning curve. Regardless of what you all may think my opinion is that Jazmin has done much of the work involved in this charity. The point is something nice has been done for someone else. And as for dignity and blood boiling - get a grip....There's no need for that! Nobody ever said that poor people did not have dignity, everyone has dignity! As far claims to lack of sincerity, how on earth would anyone here know if Jazmin is sincere or not? I see no reason why she would not genuinly want to help someone else its only human nature. Unbelievable how people are always looking to the negative on others!
Bravo! This is a kid with access to presumably more money and clout than any of us will ever see! IMO, anything she does, or any other very wealthy person is certainly not done for any motivation other than good will. Why would anyone? Why would a 14 year old fly across the world during a school break unless she wanted to -- and if you think she was ordered to -- you've never had a teenager!!!!

Also IMO, the family (Grimaldi's) have always been very Charitable and maybe she was told this is part of what comes along with the responsibility of being the child of anyone in this position.

After review of the website, it is a Fiji based site with American ownership and ties and maybe this is the technology available to them in these parts.

And Bravo Bravo to Miss Jazmin as previously reported she has always been active in her community and charitable causes and with her father's support she took on a much bigger cause -- Bravo Bravo!

Some of us should be ashamed for the way we are so critical of others. Miss Jazmin may have just done more in this visit then any of us in our lifetime. I see no mention or involvement of the mother here at all.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Agree Lady Mac. Tamara spoke to the media just after Rainer death. She spoke like always through Bruce McCormack. I think it was article in British mag or daily in April 2005, so before Nicole went to PM. Nicole in her interview with PM borrowed many datails from that article.
Bruce MacCormack was not a friend of Miss Rotolo. A magazine spoke to him back in June and he had no comment other than saying he had met Miss Rotolo only once and that he hasn't spoken to her since. He claimed he was simply repeating everything he believed to be true from that Wyoming meeting. He also said he received legal letters regarding his interviews warning him to stop. I assume any of us could write him the newspaper in Wyoming to verify this.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

Trustworthy, the article from April 2005 (British " Mail on Sunday") reffers to B. MacCormack as Tamara's friend. He even mentions about warming relations between Tamara and Albert's lawyers after Rainer's death. So he looked like he was up to date with all events from Tamara's legal relation with Albert. Through the years he gave some interviews about Tamara, relating not only to events that occured before his meeting with Ms. Rotolo in Wyoming but also later, and his interviews didn't not seem like speculations but as if he knew a lot about Jazmin/Tamara case. He spoke with Daphne Barak in the end of 2005 and said something about progress in negotiations between Tamara's lawyers and Albert's lawyers. What about legal letters asking him to stop interviews. I've never read that, maybe he said that. Maybe it was from Albert's lawyers who found all these interviews embarassing and damaging Albert's image (in B. MacCormack's interviews we always read about Jazmin as potential heir to the MC throne).
On the other hand why Bruce MacCormack would give so many interviews over the years(bringing always something new) if he really met Tamara only once and if he really never spoke with her after that first meeting.
Oops. It's thread about Nicole and Alexandre, but Mr. MacCormack was discussed here so I answered in this thread.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Trustworthy, the article from April 2005 (British " Mail on Sunday") reffers to B. MacCormack as Tamara's friend. He even mentions about warming relations between Tamara and Albert's lawyers after Rainer's death. So he looked like he was up to date with all events from Tamara's legal relation with Albert. Through the years he gave some interviews about Tamara, relating not only to events that occured before his meeting with Ms. Rotolo in Wyoming but also later, and his interviews didn't not seem like speculations but as if he knew a lot about Jazmin/Tamara case. He spoke with Daphne Barak in the end of 2005 and said something about progress in negotiations between Tamara's lawyers and Albert's lawyers. What about legal letters asking him to stop interviews. I've never read that, maybe he said that. Maybe it was from Albert's lawyers who found all these interviews embarassing and damaging Albert's image (in B. MacCormack's interviews we always read about Jazmin as potential heir to the MC throne).
On the other hand why Bruce MacCormack would give so many interviews over the years(bringing always something new) if he really met Tamara only once and if he really never spoke with her after that first meeting.
Oops. It's thread about Nicole and Alexandre, but Mr. MacCormack was discussed here so I answered in this thread.
Off topic as well you forgot he had current photo's of Jamin to give the press that could have only come from Tamara.

It's a fact Tamara wanted recognition for Jazmin and Bruce M. was helping and was the reason Nicole went public.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Courtier

The Jazmin Fund website looks like a sham. How does anyone know where the "donations" will end up? I couldn't imagine giving my credit card info to that non-established "charity" or even giving money to it.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

It sure does! I should think they can afford to have a web designer. Somehow the press knows about the trip but they don't have a decent website? Sounds shady.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lets give the site the benefit of doubt and say Jazmin made it herself not realizing the things adults would require of it. I have more to say however I won't at this time.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
The Jazmin Fund website looks like a sham. How does anyone know where the "donations" will end up? I couldn't imagine giving my credit card info to that non-established "charity" or even giving money to it.
In looking at the site we learn that it's part of the Naqaqa Giving Foundation and in operation for a few years with 100% of all donations going to the charity (quite impressive considering nearly all charities file costs/overhead expenses in their tax filings. Try to find another, until then... I rest my case). You can also see the US Government Tax Codes and Filing Status on the site. Why are you so adamant about knocking the efforts of others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Lets give the site the benefit of doubt and say Jazmin made it herself not realizing the things adults would require of it. I have more to say however I won't at this time.
Bravo! You may have figured it out!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Off topic as well you forgot he had current photo's of Jamin to give the press that could have only come from Tamara.

It's a fact Tamara wanted recognition for Jazmin and Bruce M. was helping and was the reason Nicole went public.
The mother had 15 years to do something about it and never did.
And it's simple NOT true about MacCormack.
Why don't you write MacCormack and post his reply ( Cody (Wyo.) Enterprise newspaper -- Bruce E. McCormack is Editor and Publisher -- office@codyenterprise.com ). Here's your chance to get your facts straight... and when you write him you can ask him if he was paid. I suspect he was paid each and every time he was quoted.

He was not a friend of anyone connected to this matter, never had current photos -- and only guessed as many of us do. If you can post it here -- please back up your claims and not by quoting a London newspaper.

Yes, sorry -- very very off topic. Please move if you see fit.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
In looking at the site we learn that it's part of the Naqaqa Giving Foundation and in operation for a few years with 100% of all donations going to the charity (quite impressive considering nearly all charities file costs/overhead expenses in their tax filings. Try to find another, until then... I rest my case). You can also see the US Government Tax Codes and Filing Status on the site. Why are you so adamant about knocking the efforts of others?
I would respond but I just don't care.

I'm still astonished that Prince Albert allowed himself to get wrapped up with opportunists like this. Public figures never cease to amaze me with their disappointing behavior.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Aristocracy

Something else of interest for those "Doubting Thomas' and Teresas'" out there. The Jazmin Fund is part of a bigger picture, http://www.networkforgood.org/ which is sponsored by the likes of; AOL, Yahoo and Cisco Systems.

In reading the site it clearly states, "... the costs of maintaining each website is covered by each individual Fund and the technology and the expense of building elaborate and flashy sites is usually not the priority of our Funds, allowing this money to be used on causes of more priority."
Old 11-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
The mother had 15 years to do something about it and never did.
And it's simple NOT true about MacCormack.
Why don't you write MacCormack and post his reply ( Cody (Wyo.) Enterprise newspaper -- Bruce E. McCormack is Editor and Publisher -- office@codyenterprise.com ). Here's your chance to get your facts straight... and when you write him you can ask him if he was paid. I suspect he was paid each and every time he was quoted.

He was not a friend of anyone connected to this matter, never had current photos -- and only guessed as many of us do. If you can post it here -- please back up your claims and not by quoting a London newspaper.

Yes, sorry -- very very off topic. Please move if you see fit.
Well, It's been said already why? Jazmin & Tamara do not have any Legal rights as U.S. Citizens. Albert can give or not give ($'s) what he wishes to give them. And why Rainier was alive (& before Nicole surfaced) I'm sure he set the conditions & if she wanted support - the deal included being quiet so Jazmin should be able to grow up as a normal child & do what she wishes when she turned 18. I found it odd last year when they discussed her public recognition between their lawyers that she wanted to be able to write a book? I also found it interesting that it was said in the article that since she graduated from Junior High she was not getting the attention as she was before? That's why some of us question her motives for the fund. Why not do this quitely as a lot of other people do if you're doing it for other reasons other than publicity. I hope we are wrong & she just has a good heart, only time will tell (or a book deal).
Old 11-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It might be possible that Jazmin did that website herself. But I still think that her mom, Tamara is behind the whole idea of fund and "charity trip". Maybe Jazim is an honest girl and truly wants to do something useful and has no idea about her mom's motives.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Closed Thread