The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe he can´t, this Tamara may recieve so much money so as to maintain her daughter , herself and even pretend she cares about others, when she´s really making herself publicly known.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I didn't mean to only refer about money, but to moral responsibility. If he allows the girl to call him Dad, then he must have a say in the matter.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness

I have not seen pictures of them together, maybe i´m wrong, so i don´t see moral responsability, only what the law obliges him to do, so that reinforces my opinion, he doesn´t have any interest in this girl.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

A newer article. http://www.examiner.com/a-414635~Pri...n_mission.html
Old 11-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

Where was Tamara? Is Jazmin allowed to go on her royal humanitarian mission alone?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Just when I thought the story quietly faded away
From what I get from the article, as in the in-between lines, the local press wants to make a movie-of-the-week story regardless of reality. The young lady is no more royalty than the zillions of people in the planet that can trace some ancestor to a distant crowned head. Unless the ruler of Monaco decided it so.

That aside, her humanitarian effort is very touching considering her age. Thinking of helping others less privileged by life (or fate) at such a young age could make her realize than even fame can be used toward a good cause. She might not be a princess but her heart seems to be channeling one. Good job!
Old 11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
Where was Tamara? Is Jazmin allowed to go on her royal humanitarian mission alone?
She´s NOT royal, so please don´t call her like this, that´s what her mother is looking for
Old 11-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Just when I thought the story quietly faded away
From what I get from the article, as in the in-between lines, the local press wants to make a movie-of-the-week story regardless of reality. The young lady is no more royalty than the zillions of people in the planet that can trace some ancestor to a distant crowned head. Unless the ruler of Monaco decided it so.

That aside, her humanitarian effort is very touching considering her age. Thinking of helping others less privileged by life (or fate) at such a young age could make her realize than even fame can be used toward a good cause. She might not be a princess but her heart seems to be channeling one. Good job!
Tamara hasn't kept Jazmin out of the limelight she raised her as the heir to the Throne and that came directly from her and someone who knows her. It was said before Albert acknowledged her that she was considering a movie deal to tell her story.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

This just shows how much class Tamara Rotolo has. You don't use your children for your own benefit.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Nicole is doing the same thing and both of them will continue doing so unless Albert puts a stop to it. And you just wait what is going to happen, once Albert really produces legitimate offspring. That will be a nice mud slinging contest to watch. THE mums will enjoy the media attention and the kids will get their psychological damage on the way. But what does that count in comparison to the neglect the mothers have endured
Old 11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Would everyone be more satisfied if Tamara raised Jazmin as a non-educated, underprivilidged & ignorant child? It seems that if that were the case it would be no good for most people either. I think that under the circumstances they've done the best that they could have. Good job for the humanitarian effort. I don't know why people knock it! There are many other people who contribue to charities - thier time or thier money all of whom generate welcome publicity for the cause in order to help others. Nothing wrong with it so long as positive results are coming from these actions. Whether or not she is a princess or trying to be one is a non issue because she is simply not one. Jazmin is just simply in a very unique position where she is & probably will always be able to help people more that others. I'm sure her mother recognizes this and does not want her to be a spoiled selfish and frivilous child. This might be more about teaching her child to give back to communities who are not so well off instead of running around like a Hilton. Shame on those who only think the worst of Tamara.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Would everyone be more satisfied if Tamara raised Jazmin as a non-educated, underprivilidged & ignorant child?
people who are being photographed by the paparazzi are not naturally educated, privilidged and smart. Media exposure does have nothing to do with the way you are being educated. Only in this case it clearly reveals the ambition of a mother.

Quote:
Good job for the humanitarian effort. I don't know why people knock it!
Why does she need to drag photographers along to do sth good, why does she need to go to Fidji and why on earth does she have this bogus website that gives the impression of being a scam to get at peoples money. It is not informative and highly unprofessional. And why do people knock it? Because there are really poor people out there who are not poor to serve the image build up of a spoilt kid whose mother wants her to become a princess. Charity work is hard work and a young girl with no experience is incapable of doing it seriously and simply throwing a bad light on those organizations that are in need of donations and struggling every day to get funds for the projects they foster. If she wants to use her name to collect money, she should associate her name with an established and serious organiztion. But of course they wouldn't change their name into Jazmin Grace foundation.

Quote:
I'm sure her mother recognizes this and does not want her to be a spoiled selfish and frivilous child.
There are other ways to do that then spitting in the face of people who are working hard every day to help the poor and needy. This is abusing the neediness of others for their own purposes and it is quite frankly disgusting.

Quote:
This might be more about teaching her child to give back to communities who are not so well off instead of running around like a Hilton.
She could be doing that closer to home and most of all, she can do that without a photographer at hand. She wasn't there to raise awareness, she was there to get dads attention and say look here what a good girl I am. Shouldn't I be your princess. It has nothing to with others, but everything to do with her and tha is the only lesson her mother tought her.JMO
Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Well, I see Paca beat me to the punch - I only read your response after I wrote mine. I see we are thinking on similar wavelengths. It took me a while before I could finish my reply to Lashinka’s post. Actually, I was contemplating whether I should post it at all. It’s been a while since I’ve posted in this message board. Actually, I lost the joy to participate because of the stifling and the silencing tactics aimed at posters who voice opinions that certain posters disagree with. I am a news junky and after reading lots of news clips (the story even hit the Associated Press news agency, therefore many other U.S. newspaper carried the exact same story) about Jazmin’s trip, I was curious to know what royal watches thought. I read in silence, but this post really urged me to respond.

I have to say this because my blood is boiling. Poor people have dignity {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer}! They do not deserve to be exploited for the whims of a 14 year old and her mother who have a point to make!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Would everyone be more satisfied if Tamara raised Jazmin as a non-educated, underprivilidged & ignorant child?

Of course no one will be satisfied if Tamara raised Jazmin as a “non-educated, underprivilidged & ignorant child.” I will always give Tamara her due credit for staying out of the media. She didn’t do a string of interviews before or after Albert recognized Jazmin (and I’m sure offers were presented).

Quote:
I think that under the circumstances they've done the best that they could have. Good job for the humanitarian effort. I don't know why people knock it!

Perhaps people are knocking it because they question the mother and daughter’s sincerity. Perhaps people are knocking it because it seems more like an I-want-to-make-myself-look-like-a-deserving-princess-effort than a true humanitarian effort.

Quote:
I think that under the circumstances they've done the best that they could have.

Is this really the best that they could have done? Have you seen their website? This website, which is supposed to represent the humanitarian effort that you so praise, is a disgrace to people who actually have dedicated their lives and livelihood to helping the poor, including children in Fiji. Here’s the link to the website again. http://www.jazminfund.com/

There is nothing {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} about the Jazmin Fund history and founders. There is nothing {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} about the staff of the Jazmin Fund. There is nothing {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} about the mission of the Jazmin Fund. There is nothing {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} about the objectives or goals of the Jazmin Fund. There is nothing {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} there but a make-up-wearing 14 year-old, pictures of some brown-skinned poor kids, and directions on how to make your donation to the Jazmin Fund. You only get a better picture of what the Jazmin Fund is all about when you click on the money link. Then you see the real handler –the backer of the parent organization, Naqaqa Giving Foundation whose founder is Gavin de Becker. Gavin helped during Jazmin’s transition to her newly recognized “unique position” as a prince’s daughter.

Quote:
There are many other people who contribue to charities - thier time or thier money all of whom generate welcome publicity for the cause in order to help others. Nothing wrong with it so long as positive results are coming from these actions.

Yes, you are correct. There are many people who do contribute to charities, especially in the United States. And, publicity is important to, actually it is crucial, to gather support and donations. But, does the information on that website make you want to contribute to the Jazmin Fund? I'm sorry, but it's not very convincing; it seems more like an afterthought. Most humanitarin organizations put countless hours and considerable thought on their website design because they know it's first contact for information about their organization for a lot of people. As for helping others, in 1996 (according to a Gallop Organization study conducted for the Independent Sector – this is one study that I am familiar with. I’m sure that there are more recent ones) 13.3 million teens (59% of American teenagers ages 12 to 17) volunteered an estimated 3.5 hours per week. Furthermore, 41% of teens contributed to charitable organizations an average of $82 that year. So, I do not find anything extraordinary with Jazmin (or any teen) doing humanitarian work because I know personally so many kids who do. Actually, my church sends mission groups around the world to developing and war-torn countries, including Fiji. However, we have a minimum age of 16 to go to Fiji. But, we have teens as young as 14 who have spent their vacations and holidays cleaning up homes and passing out food in the Gulf Coast states affected by hurricane Katrina. I have many friends who do humanitarian work around the world and so have I. If you want to donate money to some established and worthwhile organizations that have made a difference (even in Fiji), I can give you a list.

But, I am sorry, I think the Jazmin Fund, as depicted on her website, lacks any kind of substance for a humanitarian organization. I question the motives and timing of this special organization and its camera and publicity-driven trip.

Quote:
This might be more about teaching her child to give back to communities who are not so well off instead of running
Quote:
around like a Hilton.

Or perhaps this might be more about teaching her child that this is what you need to do to look like a certain person in her “unique position” gained by her newly recognized status as the daughter of a head of state and sovereign Prince Albert of Monaco.

Quote:
Shame on those who only think the worst of Tamara.

Shame on Tamara who thinks the worst of poor people! Shame on anyone who exploits those poor children only for the purpose of enhancing their image in the media! Don’t you think it is just a little too convenient that this fund was only established a month after the world knew that she was the daughter of Prince Albert? Do you actually believe that the Fiji press knew who she was just by her face and name only? Or, do you think that the press was first told beforehand about this trip and that she was the daughter of Prince Albert of Monaco? Do you think that Jazmin or Tamara notified (or will notify) the editors of Fiji Times to correct the fact that she really is not a Princess of Monaco? Do you think that everyone who gets off of a plane in Fiji is greeted by the press. None of the many groups that I know who do volunteer work in Fiji are. Do you actually think that her mother didn’t go with her on this trip? Don’t you think it was rather strange that Jazmin was the only one photographed {removed all caps- Lady Jennifer} getting off the plane? I think it’s great that the adults stayed out of the picture. We wouldn’t want anyone to think that they had anything at all to do with this.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Again, I am not knocking Tamara or Jazmin for being humanitarians. I welcomed anyone to the ranks. I know many people who have dedicated their lives to helping those who are underprivileged. It just disgusts me when people exploit the poor for their own selfish reasons. Yes, those in need do gain some things. But in many cases, the gains are very short lived while the so-called humanitarians keep those pictures of themselves “helping” those poor children for decades. I can’t wait to see Jazmin with new pictures of herself with these children. I guess she has to keep up with the real contender for the Monaco throne.

Yes, I am a cynic and I think this is being done for purely selfish reasons. It’s just all too convenient. I was cynical when I saw supposedly paparazzi shots of Jazmin and her mother in Monaco during last Christmas. Imagine the paparazzi knowing that Jazmin and Tamara were going to be at those exact spots in Paris and Monaco; what are the odds? How many paparazzi pictures are really shot in Monaco? This whole new humanitarian effort reminds me of predictions that a certain poster made. I think the Jazmin Fund/Fiji trip is the first step in an attempt to fulfill such predictions. This poster had an amazing foreknowledge of Jazmin’s visits to Monaco, the time that she spent with her dad, and the nature of previous contacts between father and daughter before the story hit the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
…JGG seems to be quite groomed in her appearance and accomplished for a child of 14. Why would PA not want his Daughter to carry his legacy as did Charlotte? But only PA and JGG can answer that and that will come with time…

Quote:
PA has the power to do has he wishes! It was changed once, it may change again. In looking at his daughter... and his comment about her becoming age 18 to reveal... let us not forget: she is a member of Monaco's Royal Family by blood, she is a citizen of Monaco by Law and has the invite of her Father... at age 14 she sees more graceful and poised than any of Casiraghis. We speak of him having to be married to the "mother", or adopting -- have we forgotten she is his BLOOD and as a Monarch AND as one of two "Absolute Rulers" in the world (I have looked and I could only find two) -- PA can do as he wishes whenever he wishes. IMO: he has plans for his children -- both!

Quote:
…IMO: this is quite interesting. JGG does bring a touch of glamour to the party (her covers are quite impressive, almost as if the Palace played a role in the grooming). JGG does come from Los Angeles/Hollywood parts, with powerful people already surrounding her (and only more to follow as things progress) and those powerful people open doors to more powerful people. Get the picture?...

Yes, Trustworthy, we get the picture, as you said…
Quote:
This is because there are those who fail to realize that PA has the power to do as he pleases, when he pleases, with the stroke of a pen -- he is a Monarch -- an Absolute Ruler.

So, I guess one should make sure that Jazmin is ready when Prince Albert strokes that pen…Maybe Tamara is hoping as Trustworthy is about changing the constitution…
Quote:
As there was no reason to change it in 2002 -- but PR did.

So, if Tamara is banking on Jazmin being Prince Albert’s heir, as this poster obviously is, then we will see more Fiji like trips.
Quote:
IMO: It's not about the mothers -- they are a footnote.

Quote:
It's about PA's blood and what HE WANTS for the future.
Louis never married Charlotte's mother... but DID adopt her!
As Trustworthy seems to know…
Quote:
IMO: They have been secretly bonding for some time -- and if we only had access to more photos -- I would not be surprised to find JGG next to PA's side in a few of the photos over the last few weeks...

Of course this poster cannot speak for Tamara and Jazmin, but some of us feel that this trip reeks of the motivation as expressed in some of Trustworthy-like posts.
Quote:
PA can do anything he wants regarding Jazmin and Alex -- those so sure about her NOT being his daughter are the very same saying she will NEVER take the throne. Time will tell...

Yes, time will really tell about the throne, but we probably will never know about Jazmin or Tamara’s motivation behind this trip. But, poor people are not as stupid as people think that they are. They know when they are given trinkets just to be exploited for people’s own selfish purposes. Oh…and God knows.

Now, if Jazmin and Tamara have a history of doing this type of work before Jazmin became recognized by Prince Albert (that is flying to developing countries scouting out which poor children needed her help) then I apologize for my suspicion.

Ok, I got that off my chest and now I’ll go back to obscurity. These baby-mamas-fighting-for-a-throne stories are absolutely ridiculous. Has anyone seen the Monaco throne anyway? Jeez. I hope these people get a dose of reality. I have a feeling that the people in Monaco would rather see the monarchy abolished before the see either Tamara or Nicole’s child over Caroline and her family (who they loved, adored, and revered since birth) on the throne. Please Prince Albert, find and marry that special woman that will make your mother, your father, and the Monegasque proud and have some children within that marriage!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

I have to agree with you about the Jazmin website. As a former fundraiser it smacks of commercialization and lacks sincerity. I am torn between saying it's self promotion or misguided by powers other than her. It is very Hollywood which Galvan deBecker works for and perhaps it was his influence. I'm not excusing what happened but perhaps his fingerprints are on this. Tamara will always promote her daughter no matter what but it is a shame to see a girl with so much potential being used this way. Tamara could have looked at how other philanthopists do things and could have had better advice. This just looks self-serving. JMO
Old 11-24-2006, 10:30 PM

It looks like nothing more than an excuse for a tax-deductible holiday.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Nobility

Oh, another thing that I forgot to add. Here's a link to a French article that mentions Jazmin's fund and a supposedly movie deal. I'm going to give Tamara the benefit of the doubt and say that after Prince Albert's recognition, I don't think that she will cooperate with a producer to make a movie about Jazmin's life. Of course, anyone can make a movie without Tamara's cooperation (although the movie will probably show her in a more favorable light with her cooperation). Why? I think Tamara has bigger hopes for Jazmin than a movie deal and those bigger aspirations will be ruin if she cooperated with a movie producer. Besides, Tamara never tried to promote herself - no print, television, or photo interviews (it definitley doesn't seem that she asked for a clothing allowance as another did). Tamara is all about presenting (or some may say promoting) her daughter in the best possible light. Prince Albert will not be pleased if she cooperated with a movie. Besides, cooperating with a movie will not look very princess-like.

Article: (Is this really Tamara in this picture? It can't be her; no one can go from bombshell to XXX (fill in your own blanks) in 14 years. If so, this is truly the best I have ever seen her look. Look how pleased Prince Albert looks. Is that really him or a photomontage? Oh my goodness, what was this man thinking? And who took this picture since it looks like the woman is wearing a neglige?
http://www.7sur7.be/hlns/cache/fr/de....bron=homeHVDN

Translated article:
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

that
Old 11-24-2006, 10:39 PM

It doesn't look Tamara in that picture.

As for the movie deal, it seems ridiculous. The only interesting thing about her (from my point of view) is the circumstances of her birth. She's probably a nice girl, but this is too much. We've already seen the Princess Diaries.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Article: (Is this really Tamara in this picture? It can't be her; no one can go from bombshell to XXX (fill in your own blanks) in 14 years. If so, this is truly the best I have ever seen her look. Look how pleased Prince Albert looks. Is that really him or a photomontage? Oh my goodness, what was this man thinking? And who took this picture since it looks like the woman is wearing a neglige?
http://www.7sur7.be/hlns/cache/fr/de....bron=homeHVDN
The photo is some what blurred but knowing the history of Albert being caught with a Playboy Center Fold/turned X-rated movie star some years later in that type of pose I would have to say its Teri Weigel after looking at other photo's of her. The photo was taken by a friend of hers and turned up when she fell on hard times in 1991 she sold the photo to Hard Copy. She gave them a full interview of her time with Albert which was while she was in Monaco. She didn't saw him after that. If you want to see what she looks like you will have to google her because I won't post a link due to her occupation.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

I don't see why Albert should change the law to put an illegitimate child on the throne. Still, if he chose to recognize and adopt one of his children for that purpose, wouldn't the male primogeniture rule still apply? Trustworthy, I don't know what your connection is to Tamara Rotolo, but you champion her/Jazmin's cause too much.

MyAdia, you are so DEAD ON about the website. If this was a serious, established charity, it would look more, um, professional. This is nothing more than an attempt to garner media attention under the guise of a charity. Thry figured that something was better than nothing. You know, a few months ago, I posted that Jazmin looked a bit haughty in the photos of her at the Nice airport. With these recent developments, I wonder if she isn't relishing in her new "status" as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myadia
Now, if Jazmin and Tamara have a history of doing this type of work before Jazmin became recognized by Prince Albert (that is flying to developing countries scouting out which poor children needed her help) then I apologize for my suspicion.

good point! I wonder if Tam was pushing her to even vounteer at the local hospital when there was no press to cover it?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread