The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemind
if you check through all the links of the jazmin fund, the executive director is gavin de becker ... the link below describes who de becker is ... for you long time posters you might recall he was the one identified in the press as handling jazmin's security ... that info about de becker came out when she was publicly acknowledged by prince albert

https://www.gavindebecker.com/bios-gavin_de_becker.cfm

unless there are two gavin de beckers and this is a second one with the same name in jazmin's life then, i stand corrected ...

peace!
yes, he owns the security company that albert pays to protect his daughter. So, since he's trowing so much money in his pockets, albert might have asked backer to help his daughter start a charity...

Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Jazim wanted to do something for people wonder why she didn't think of those in America starving and dying due to poor living conditions, lack of medicine and food. She needs to look where she grew up like in the hills of West VA. If anyone doesn't think this is true in the United States they better take another look. Jazmin start at home after you graduate from school. Be a teen ager first becoming an adult will come sooner than later.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
If Jazim wanted to do something for people wonder why she didn't think of those in America starving and dying due to poor living conditions, lack of medicine and food. She needs to look where she grew up like in the hills of West VA. If anyone doesn't think this is true in the United States they better take another look. Jazmin start at home after you graduate from school. Be a teen ager first becoming an adult will come sooner than later.
I agree with LadyM...and my own gut reaction is that Tamara is exploiting Jazmin's newly recognized status. First, she is neither a princess nor Monaco royalty. Second, pre-natal care is a strange issue for a child. And don't get me started on Fiji. Personally, after the official recognition I would just try to get back to life as "normal" as quickly as possible and let my daughter be a child and not a pawn. Maybe I was just raised wrong.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Nobility

I live only an hour from Palm Desert and when Jazmin was revealed to be Albert's daughter it was all over the local news many people were interviewd on the streets at her school ect there was a fair amount of shock I can confirm to all of you that we had such close connection Monaco amongst us! Everyone however hoped for her happiness and that she and her mother could live as they wished-I'm sure some wouldn't be so kind but the predominate point of view was that Jazmin was entitled to her privacy .The Palm Desert/Palm Spring area is a gathering place for celebritites who have homes here so celebrity is something residents are use too.The population,commerace and housing has grown in the last decade but it's still what you migh call a small city not eveyone is wealthy by any means so you get a cross section of people out her in our desert communites.Jazmin was well treated by the local press and not hounded.I hope she can have the life she wants-it's too bad this was dragged out Albert had to know there was a chance she was his daughter
Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I agree with LadyM...and my own gut reaction is that Tamara is exploiting Jazmin's newly recognized status. First, she is neither a princess nor Monaco royalty. Second, pre-natal care is a strange issue for a child. And don't get me started on Fiji. Personally, after the official recognition I would just try to get back to life as "normal" as quickly as possible and let my daughter be a child and not a pawn. Maybe I was just raised wrong.
Pink I agree with you and Lady M. This was very ill-conceived. she is trying too hard to look royal. Princess Diana started Wills and Harry at local charities when they were about 14 she did not trot them out and display them like a trophy. THis is going to back fire. Like Lady M said there is plenty of poverty in the US -also she could have helped the disaster that is still occuring in New Orleans - that would have made sense at least. Where is Mme Stahl on this one! Paca is right!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
Pink I agree with you and Lady M. This was very ill-conceived. she is trying too hard to look royal. Princess Diana started Wills and Harry at local charities when they were about 14 she did not trot them out and display them like a trophy. THis is going to back fire. Like Lady M said there is plenty of poverty in the US -also she could have helped the disaster that is still occuring in New Orleans - that would have made sense at least. Where is Mme Stahl on this one! Paca is right!
If I'm correct they generally don't make their first event until they are 16.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
If Jazim wanted to do something for people wonder why she didn't think of those in America starving and dying due to poor living conditions, lack of medicine and food.
Agreed. For starters how about reaching out to the people in Coachella. It is the poorest area in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area (about a 10 minute drive without traffic on Palm Canyon Drive)... when I was a reporter there lots of poverty issues ... While this article is dated in 2002 ... obviously not much has changed when i worked there in the 1990s ... as of 2002 based on this article it was the poorest city in California and the sixth poorest in the United States ... and if anything it looks as if things have gotten worse ... hmm, but I guess Fiji is more glamorous?

http://www.latc.com/2002/09/25/schools/schools7.html

(not to slight those in need in fiji -- they deserve support too ... but at 14 imo it's a bit much)
Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

It's all for show.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

yep its all for show. weird i wonder who is really pulling all the strings. manipulation no matter who's behind it. i'm thinking babydaddy myself.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
yep its all for show. weird i wonder who is really pulling all the strings. manipulation no matter who's behind it. i'm thinking babydaddy myself.
I have to disagree with you here. I think he wants her out of the limelight not in it. He has given no indication that he wants these kids out in the public eye. I think it goes against Albert's very vocal views regarding his "private life".
Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

No, it's not Albert. I'm 100% sure it's Tamara. She's always wanted Jazmin to have a recognized connection to the Grimaldis (middle name Grace, Grimaldi on her birth certificate, trip to Fiji to do work similar to cousin Andrea.) Either Tamera is trying to get the world to make a connection between Jazmin and the Grimaldi's or she's trying to push some sort of public recognition by the family (maybe she wants Jazmin's trip to be highlighted on the family website). This is 100% calculated and strategic. If it was genuine, as someone said, she's go down the coast to south central or cross the border. Andrea, by contrast, lives in a wealthy country. it's not surprising that he would go to Africa or Thailand to help the poor.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 11-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
You said she's doing charity work with Albert's money, but where is Albert? Hasn't he got any parental authority on his daughter?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think Albert has any authority as a parent of his illegitimate children. I think he doesn't have any custody of his two children.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

What these women are doing is their idea, they don´t represent any state,the Grimaldis don´t need them to be their ambassadors, they are not even part of the family,so what is the intention: become famous!! NO Tamara, you don´t have a princess at home!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I don't think Albert has any authority as a parent of his illegitimate children. I think he doesn't have any custody of his two children.
I'm sure if he is paying child support he has some custody rights. But I think he doesn't like the fact that these women (tamara & Nicole) used a child to incorporate themselves into his life & why he probably feels he would not like to be as involved, as he never really had any real relationship with the mother who does not want to take herself out of the equation. The money he gives Jazmin should be used for her support alone & the mother should be responsible for 1/2 of her support. When Jazmin makes her own money then she can start a charity.

Albert is paying her too much if she feels she can start a charity wit her child support. Child support is usually determined by the lifestyle in which the child is use to living in which usually ties in to the father's salary while they were together. But since there really wasn't a relationship & by law he doesn't have to give her anything & if he did it would only be until she was 18. I wonder if her gravytrain (& Tamara's) is going to stop then or if she is going to try to live off Albert for the rest of her life. Maybe if she has extra money they should put it away for her college so she can become an accompished woman on her own & then it might make since for her to start a charity. She has no LEGAL rights I think they should be careful about the way they conduct themselves before he pulls the rug out from under them. I think this is probaby why she was quiet while Rainier was alive, I'm sure he put it to her. Anyway, I agree with Pinklady & the others.
But I think behaving in bad taste is exactly what we would expect from Tamara. Too bad she is probably the only influence on her daughter.
I hope jazmin can grow up into a nice women with some intigrity & not go through life only as Albert's daughter. Too bad tamara chose to define herself in a worse way.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky
I wonder what Princess Grace would think of this if she were alive today. Since she didn't approve of Caroline and Philippe Junot's actions when they were dating, I truly wonder what she would think about Albert's actions?
Well going out on a limb, my guess is it wouldn't have happened in the first place because Grace would have been a good go between between Albert and his father so if he had fallen in love with someone that Rainier didn't like but Grace herself thought was fine she would have been able to influence Rainier. On the other hand I think she would have been furious if this had happened. Being the good Catholic that she was, I wonder if she wouldn't have made Albert have a civil ceremony and then an annulment but with Rainier who really knows what could have been. He held out almost until his death before changing the constitution. I think legal heirs were very important to them both.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Administrator

While I admit..that the Jazmin Foundation does ring sketchy...I don't think we should automatically think the worse.

There have been previous examples of children here in the States (pick up any People magazine) who start foundations to help others less fortunate then themselves. And I am thinking that this also happens in other parts of the world. Furthermore...yes..there are people who need assistance in the US, Europe, Asia, etc....does it really matter as long as she is helping someone? And while I am not sure of Jazmin's educational requirements...but here in the lovely state of Maryland....its required that students do community service in order to graduate high school. I believe that is also a requirement for California as well.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
While I admit..that the Jazmin Foundation does ring sketchy...I don't think we should automatically think the worse.

There have been previous examples of children here in the States (pick up any People magazine) who start foundations to help others less fortunate then themselves. And I am thinking that this also happens in other parts of the world. Furthermore...yes..there are people who need assistance in the US, Europe, Asia, etc....does it really matter as long as she is helping someone? And while I am not sure of Jazmin's educational requirements...but here in the lovely state of Maryland....its required that students do community service in order to graduate high school. I believe that is also a requirement for California as well.
Not in all states my daughter and nephews didn't have to. Community service is for kids that have gotten in trouble and have been court ordered to repay their debts to society. And it depends on the school programs as well in our state. I thought it was also suppose to be in their own community.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
But I think he doesn't like the fact that these women (tamara & I think this is probaby why she was quiet while Rainier was alive, I'm sure he put it to her. Anyway, I agree with Pinklady & the others.
Tamara was never quiet she was talking to people in the press all along including her ex-husband a Tabloid reporter. She just went about it in a different way than Nicole. If Tamara had stayed quiet no one would know about Alexandre and both children could have had normal lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky
I wonder what Princess Grace would think of this if she were alive today. Since she didn't approve of Caroline and Philippe Junot's actions when they were dating, I truly wonder what she would think about Albert's actions?
I believe if Grace had lived Albert would have married years ago had several children and been very happy.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Where I live when a man recognizes his child, he automatically gets responsible for his child's upbringing by the law, not only money wise. If Albert accepted to pay for Jazmin's support, then he must also be feeling responsible for what she does until she turns 18. If he doesn't wish his daughter to do a charity work, presumably at Tamara's instigation, then he should intervene to stop this. Why didn't he? JMO, of course!