The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalt2
I too have never heard of Princess Angela until I read this form. I think the reason Jazmine is a big topic is because its part of a scandal. A prince with 2 kids out of wedlock and 1 is half black. Who just took the throne after the GREAT father died is just too good.
We need to remember Princess Grace, the press is trying to exploit the fact that JG is american as her grandmother and that another american would be able to take the throne and help the principality to get the glamour it was needing (I read something like this in an american paper). So they are trying to call the attention of the people by having all the Grace-Rainier love story back in the memory of the people.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashabella
In a not so subtle attempt to change the subject, I have JGG/JGR had a nice day today considering it's FAther's Day in US. It must have been nice for her to have her first Father's Day where her paternity is no longer an issue!
If not secretly in person (both seem to have disappeared) then I'm sure they burned up email and phone lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
We need to remember Princess Grace, the press is trying to exploit the fact that JG is american as her grandmother and that another american would be able to take the throne and help the principality to get the glamour it was needing (I read something like this in an american paper). So they are trying to call the attention of the people by having all the Grace-Rainier love story back in the memory of the people.
IMO: this is quite interesting. JGG does bring a touch of glamour to the party (her covers are quite impressive, almost as if the Palace played a role in the grooming). JGG does come from Los Angeles/Hollywood parts, with powerful people already surrounding her (and only more to follow as things progress) and those powerful people open doors to more powerful people. Get the picture? Factor in adorable Alex and you have PA with a nice little start to a family. How long before we see a photo of PA with JG on one side and Alex on the other? Good for him -- a lucky man.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
IMO: this is quite interesting. JGG does bring a touch of glamour to the party (her covers are quite impressive, almost as if the Palace played a role in the grooming). JGG does come from Los Angeles/Hollywood parts, with powerful people already surrounding her (and only more to follow as things progress) and those powerful people open doors to more powerful people. Get the picture? Factor in adorable Alex and you have PA with a nice little start to a family. How long before we see a photo of PA with JG on one side and Alex on the other? Good for him -- a lucky man.

I find it rather interesting that you seem to know so much, I mean you post magazines before anybody else, IMO you seem to talk as if you know TR and JGG. Are you sure you are not her PR person?

There is one thing I will agree on your postings and that is Jazmin Grace is a beautiful young lady.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donatella
I find it rather interesting that you seem to know so much, I mean you post magazines before anybody else, IMO you seem to talk as if you know TR and JGG. Are you sure you are not her PR person?

There is one thing I will agree on your postings and that is Jazmin Grace is a beautiful young lady.
I don't know of her having a PR person -- and -- I either take the magazines from the "other" forum/boards or simply look at the website for the magazines that publish on MC.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustWorthy
I don't know of her having a PR person -- and -- I either take the magazines from the "other" forum/boards or simply look at the website for the magazines that publish on MC.
Well, IMO you must be a family member or friend, I mean you do live in San Francisco and to what I have read she is from there and her family still lives there.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well, IMO you must be a family member or friend, I mean you do live in San Francisco and to what I have read she is from there and her family still lives there.
I'm not really in San Francisco... rather Marin County. Are you really in Hong Kong?

I do wish I was related, or even knew someone who knew anything about this -- I's have answers rather than IMOs.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Enough personal conversation... Please let's get back on topic.

Thanks,

Mandy
Monaco Moderator
Old 06-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Back to the topic with this news link from yesterday, it talks in general on Albert, his ladies and the kids:
The Sunday Times - World
June 18, 2006
Albert engages Monaco’s attention

...Under the constitution two-year-old Alexandre will not be allowed to succeed his father as ruler, however, and the same applies to Jazmin Rotolo, the 14-year-old daughter of a Californian waitress who, after protracted negotiations, was recognised as Albert’s illegitimate daughter earlier this month. Alexandre Coste and his mother were installed in a villa down the coast from Monaco and the Rotolos could expect similar privileges: the prince has become one of Europe’s wealthiest royals since inheriting a fortune from his father last year and both his children will no doubt be handsomely looked after all their lives...
Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:

What I don't understand is why the promotion of TR and Jazmin? They are nothing but peripheral players -- a sideshow for the tabloids until if and when Albert gets married and an heir is born. His future wife will suck all of the air out of everything at least in Europe as everyone breathlessly awaits the bump then the birth of the long-awaited heir the Monegasque throne.

What difference does it make if Jazmin is smart, cute or whatever? What's the point? Does Albert even see her? Did he visit her when he was in the states just after the announcement was made that he was her father? It doesn't look like it.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Well you'd think that before putting her on the throne (even if natural children were admitted, Jazmin would be second in line after Alex...) Albert would want to have a bond with his daughter and get to know her. But apparently, after denying the paternity for 13 years, now he has great plans...I'm still waiting for some sort of evidence, or source, or backing up for this theories.

Kisses
Old 06-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Nobility

I'm hoping that PA does actually have great plans, I mean he seemed to be a natural around the Casiraghi Trio when they were younger. I think he'll be a great father to Jazmin, now that he's admitted that he's her father of course! But one thing, imo, I do hope that Jazmin stays in the States for as long as possible. Sure, if she did move to live and study in Monaco she would be closer to her father, but would have less privacy. I believe staying in the US would be the best because there isin't as much hype here as there is in Monaco or Europe for that matter. Well, whatever she and her mother decide, I hope Jazmin comes out of this well. I've got my fingers crossed for the girl...

Ani
Old 06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Funny thing...

no matter how many times it's been stated that the succession laws in Monaco have laid out clearly how the matter is to be handled regarding who is in line behind Albert to run Monaco, it still seems to re-incarnate as an unsettled issue here....

:p :p
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsophy
Probably true. But don't forget, HSH Princess Angela was an American woman who became a princess. One of your earlier posts said that America loves princess stories...

So why not this one?

Besides, was America talking about Monaco before Grace married Ranier?
Angela is American I thought she was from a Caribbean (sp?) island? you must mean she is American in the sense that she is from a place in Central America, "the Americas" or New World? I read about Angela not very long ago. I don't think you mean she is from the US because I don't remember that, but I am human, so I could be remembering incorrectly.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Angela is American I thought she was from a Caribbean (sp?) island? you must mean she is American in the sense that she is from a place in Central America, "the Americas" or New World? I read about Angela not very long ago. I don't think you mean she is from the US because I don't remember that, but I am human, so I could be remembering incorrectly.
You can't be blamed for not knowing this...as I said, the U.S. media didn't cover it! She was born in Panama, but came to the United States at a young age and was raised in New York. Here's an excerpt and a link: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/maximilian.html

"The bride, Miss Angela Brown, was born as a daughter of Mr. Javier Francisco Brown and Mrs. Silvia Maritza Brown, née Burke, in Bocas del Toro / Panama. After having finished primary school and the Highschool in New York Miss Brown studied Fashion at Parson’s School of Design, where she was awarded the Oscar de la Renta Prize..."

Ok, sorry mods. I'll get back to the topic.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsophy
You can't be blamed for not knowing this...as I said, the U.S. media didn't cover it! She was born in Panama, but came to the United States at a young age and was raised in New York. Here's an excerpt and a link: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/maximilian.html

"The bride, Miss Angela Brown, was born as a daughter of Mr. Javier Francisco Brown and Mrs. Silvia Maritza Brown, née Burke, in Bocas del Toro / Panama. After having finished primary school and the Highschool in New York Miss Brown studied Fashion at Parson’s School of Design, where she was awarded the Oscar de la Renta Prize..."

Ok, sorry mods. I'll get back to the topic.
yeah, we better get back on topic, but that is interesting about Angela, so thank you. I bet there was a passing reference to Angela and Max's marriage in PEOPLE magazine when it occurred, but the vast majority of Americans (citizens and inhabitants of the United States) do not know about or care about Liechtenstein's royalty; most of the US inhabitants surely don't even know there is a country called Liechtenstein! So the "news" bit in PEOPLE just went unnoticed, and since the media track responses like that, to see what will sell in the future, they let it go and never thought of it again.
But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
yeah, we better get back on topic, but that is interesting about Angela, so thank you. I bet there was a passing reference to Angela and Max's marriage in PEOPLE magazine when it occurred, but the vast majority of Americans (citizens and inhabitants of the United States) do not know about or care about Liechtenstein's royalty; most of the US inhabitants surely don't even know there is a country called Liechtenstein! So the "news" bit in PEOPLE just went unnoticed, and since the media track responses like that, to see what will sell in the future, they let it go and never thought of it again.
But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.
Maybe, but I saw nothing in any U.S. media. If HSH Princess Angela was of European descent, they would have been calling her another Princess Grace. And they would have discussed the similarities--both small countries, relatively unknown in to the U.S., the whole princess fairy-tale bit.

Grace is the reason that the U.S. became interested in Monaco. The same should have applied to Lichenstein, but it wasn't the kind of fairy tale that the US was interested in.

Ok mods, that's my last post on this. Sorry!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
...But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.
Actually there is not much interest at all in the U.S. about Monaco's Princely Family especially now since the death of Prince Rainier. Sure, when there's a scandal or some notable event there is coverage but Americans who follow royalty are fascinated and even obsessed with the British Royals. It could be because they're english-speaking and their history is tied to ours in a more significant way.

All of the cameras that were staked out at Jazmin's school a couple of weeks ago have gone. There is no buzz about her really. U.S. royal watchers are waiting for Prince William to get married!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

I thought (?) hoped you folks would consider the race topic over after having been pulled out of the closet, dusted off, shaken around, hung out on the line. (Bravo to you LaViolette) And put back. You might just as well. Its beginning to really make my pretty mocha lait baby look/seem ugly. Thanks. Not really ugly, but its boring now anyway.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Funny thing...

no matter how many times it's been stated that the succession laws in Monaco have laid out clearly how the matter is to be handled regarding who is in line behind Albert to run Monaco, it still seems to re-incarnate as an unsettled issue here....

:p :p
This is because there are those who fail to realize that PA has the power to do as he pleases, when he pleases, with the stroke of a pen -- he is a Monarch -- an Absolute Ruler.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette

All of the cameras that were staked out at Jazmin's school a couple of weeks ago have gone. There is no buzz about her really.
School's out. 115 in desert, people who can leave, do.

Closed Thread