The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco and his attorney Thierry Lacoste leave a Notarial office in Paris, May 2006. Thierry Lacoste says in an interview published in Le Figaro, one of FranceÕs leading daily newspapers, on June 1, 2006, that Prince Albert II of Monaco has recognized a daughter fathered by him out of wedlock Š Jazmin Grace,l who is now a 14-year-old Palm Desert resident. Palm Desert resident and ex-waitress Tamara Jean Rotolo filed a lawsuit against the prince in Riverside County in late 1992, claiming he was the father of her daughter, born March 4 of that year./0606010821
Newscom
The pics are so small you can barley see him but the pictures come from Sipa someone with a account there can get the bigger pics.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

I suppose both parents are rotating in their graves

Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Albert set to recognise Californian girl as his daughter.

Monaco's Prince Albert is expected to confirm he is the father of a teenage girl from the United States.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princealbert/
Old 06-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
With CW and other recent events, the tunnel under the Cathedral is rumbling like the Grand Prix.

Its all over America this morning.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=2027224
Old 06-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Paca, you took the words right out of my mouth. When I realized that it was true my exact words were" My God both Princess Grace and Prince Ranier must have turned over in their graves."
Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Nobility

I hope that Jazmin is able to spend time with Caroline and Stephanie as well as Albert. I fear however that Caroline in particular may want to distance herself from the scandal. If Albert is distant with Jazmin like we believe he is with Alexandre then it must be very unlikely that Jazmin will infact spend much time in Monaco or get to know her aunts and cousins. Does anybody really know if Caroline and Stephanie have even met Alexandre?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Courtier

It is a shame that he did it now after 14 years. I'm glad for the girl and her mother, finally he admitted the truth. Hopefully he will do more than gave her an official recognition but also give them love and support. He doesnt know if these will be the only children he will be able to have, after a certain age, fertility gets more complicated. So he better start acting as a father for them.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Commoner

This is no great surprise. Men of power and privilege have had such "dalliances" since the beginning of time. It is well-documented about many of the British kings (think Alice Keppel) and, here in the US, Jack Kennedy. I'm not shocked whatsoever. However, it does make me realize that people are just people - some with a title but nevertheless just people.

Diane
Old 06-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

I'm glad both mothers stood up for their rights and demanded that PA take responsibility for his actions. He should pay. I know what it's like to be raised by a single mother and from what I saw in previous pics, JGG looks like a sweet girl. It will be interesting to see the comparisons made between how PA relates to her versus Alex. I wonder how JGG feels about this? It would be cool to see her hanging with her older cousins in Paris. Maybe she will spend the summer holdiay in Paris and Monaco and get to know her European family.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Courtier

I hope that Tamara and Albert can continue to let her Jazmin lead a normal life. It would be best if the poor girl can go back to as much normalcy as possible. It has been 14 years, I can't imagine Albert suddenly being Dad...they're going to have to establish a relationship slowly and Albert is going to have to really explain in detail why he denied her all of those years. I don't think we'll see either JGG or Alex hanging out with their Grimadli cousins at any time...Albert clearly sees those two elements of his life as separate and will make sure they stay that way.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Gentry

I so hope that CW does not end up pregnant. That would just be too much!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Courtier

I notice the media is universally referring to Albert's newest recognized child as "Jazmin Grace Rotolo" and that "she will not bear the Grimaldi family name." Did they change her name on the birth certificate or was her name never Grimaldi in the first place?
source: http://people.aol.com/people/article...199760,00.html
Old 06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Courtier

That is too sad, they are family, there shouldn't be difference between them, Jazmin is as Grimaldi as any of the other kids are. Even Stephany had a child our of wedlock and she was far more risponsable than her brother. There are no excuses for Albert behaving like this. Hopefully she will be able to have a normal life, but clarifying the concept, the normal life of the daughter of a prince, with all the rights, benefits and priviledges, i am not talking about sucession to the throne, but the life that expects to a Grimaldi.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Gentry

I noticed that Laviollette. There is a copy of Jazmin's birth certificate on the 'net someplace - I saw it last year - and the last name for the child is Grimaldi on that document. Any name can be placed on a birth certificate in most areas of the US - there was a funny (well sad funny) article in a newspaper last year about the names some women use as the male parent for their kids, most common being God or Jesus Christ - but once there, it would take a court order to have the birth certificate changed, I believe.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Since the court records are probably sealed, we'll never know if there was a court order to change her name.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

I think she and Alex should bear the Grimaldi name if they so chose.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
That is too sad, they are family, there shouldn't be difference between them, Jazmin is as Grimaldi as any of the other kids are. Even Stephany had a child our of wedlock and she was far more risponsable than her brother. There are no excuses for Albert behaving like this. Hopefully she will be able to have a normal life, but clarifying the concept, the normal life of the daughter of a prince, with all the rights, benefits and priviledges, i am not talking about sucession to the throne, but the life that expects to a Grimaldi.
It is a little harder for a a woman to hide a child than for a man but I still agree with you.. My hope is that Jazmin Grace had contact with her father all along and didn't need to grow up wondering..All the money in the world cannot replace a father's love..I am a single mom ( divorced) and I know how tough it is when the father doesn't show much interest..
Old 06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I think she and Alex should bear the Grimaldi name if they so chose.
Why? The Grimaldi name doesn't even belong to Albert to give. It belongs to the heirs to the throne of MC, which he is at the moment. This is why Andrea would adopt that name if he ever suceeded to the Monegasque throne.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Gentry

I can not see How a father can love a child produce from a one night stand.That is too much to ask of any man.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Commoner

PA probably acted without thinking. When you are a man with so much popularity, you should be carreful. But, I think that Jazmin and Alexandre's mothers manipulated him. PA isn't the only one to blame. If they (Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste) didn't use contraception, they knew that they could be pregnant.
It's easy to blame PA, because he is not perfect. But, mothers are guilty too. They knew that their baby will never be with their father.

I would like to know if mothers decided to have their baby (knowing the situation) because they could be famous, because their child could be famous, because they really want to have a baby (even if the child will not see their father), etc.

It's my personal way of life, but if I was pregnant and if the father was a non serious affair, I did not want to have the baby.