The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Commoner

My question is who is the one who originally blew the story out of the water? One day Jazmin is a normal girl and the nest her father is a prince. As Albert always known the girl exsisted and kept it under wraps? Did he just find out about her? Did Jazmin's mother leak the story? Also will Albert have an actualy relationship with his daughter or his he just going to shovel money to her every now and than? There's more to being a parent than just paying for everything. Someone said earilier that it looks like Albert is just doing what looks good on paper. I hope he actually steps up to the plate and tried to build an actualy relationship with his kids.

Caroline may seem more responsible than her brother when it comes to having children out of wedlock but its different for men and women. If a woman has a child out of wedlock its essentially her responsibility and up to her to raise the kids and she's usually the one to force the father of her children to act like a parent. If a man has kids out of wedlock he doesn't necessarily have to be any further into their lives beyond the child payments.

Personally I don't think Albert is all to blame for his children out of wedlock. It takes 2 people to make a baby ya know. What happened to condoms? To birth control? This may or may not be the case but these women might not have cared at the time because it would have made for ample gold digging opportunity if they got pregnant. No one knows the real truth but I'm just saying not everyone is a saint. Also Albert might have chosen to not acknowledge these kids at first because you can't just go around acknowledging all these kids because the mother says you are the father. You need to atleast get a paternity test first. You know how many women have probably made the same claims on Albert? Its always a smart move to demand a dna test first.
Whether these women getting pregnant was just an accident as they are often bound to happen in any case people will still brand these women as gold diggers regardless.

How can anyone start making judgement on the poor girl's look? You can't even see her face properly in the photos they did take of the girl. Besides she is only 14. She's got plenty of growing to do still and I doubt many of us were prom queen material at her age.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Majesty

This weeks Point de Vue

Old 06-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Another reason to go searching for foreign magazines next week. Is it me or does Charlene look terrified and upset about something in that photo?????????? Not her usual confident self...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Another reason to go searching for foreign magazines next week. Is it me or does Charlene look terrified and upset about something in that photo?????????? Not her usual confident self...
If you mean the picture from the banquet, I think she is trying to look ladylike & demure. I thought she looked quite beautiful that night. At least, we know she cleans up well. Personally, I really have no problem with her. The palace will fine tune her to make her more polished if the time comes.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Zonk:
I meant that TR was probably satisfied with payments probably much less than the $15,000 US that Nicole/Alex got. Albert can easily afford to pay for both children. Who knows, however...maybe Albert also paid for at least part of TR's house as well as for JG's tuition.
yes, & also child support is also based on their standard of living. In this case her mother or the child were not use to his standard of living - I'm sure they're compensated for much higher now that's she's been made public. I just saw something about her that's going to be on ET - the connection being made to Grace as Albert really isn't on the radar here. I really hope the girl's mother doesn't let her be exploited.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
This weeks Point de Vue
Nice Picture of Albert on the cover.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
No matter what you might say about Albert's sense of duty, he certainly has done the right thing by his two children and their mothers. The Grimaldis have always been rather scandalous and out of wedlock children are certainly nothing new for them.
The respect that Princess Grace brought to the family for the first time has now been pretty much eroded away. Rainier's own mother was born an illegitimate love child who suffered a miserable imposed marriage with many affairs. So the Grimaldis are just back to their colorful, gloriously human ways.

It's also pretty clear that Tamara Rotolo got pregnant by Albert deliberately, making him a very human fool to have fallen in with the possibility. Does he WANT on some level to get women pregnant, to feel his own virility?

I have to wonder, what was the psychological role of Prince Rainier in Albert's history? Prince Rainier venerated the institution of marriage, and set enormously high standards (a wife who became one of the most admired in the world, and never a breath of scandal in his whole married life), he may have been something of a control freak about Albert's part in Monaco's future; i.e. someone who was impossible for Albert to please with regard to finding a wife. Rainier was also publicly quoted more than once as saying that he would hand the reigns over to Albert as soon as Albert was ready. As we all know he never did. What kind of message does that send to the world? Anyone under that kind of pressure might take some risks in other parts of his life. Not an excuse, just humanly understandable. And, in my opinion, ultimately forgivable.

p.s. why the heck do some words come out underlined in people's posts, even if they didn't type them that way? Sorry, this mystifies me!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Courtier

The Insider is a spin-off of Entertainment Tonight. What one show has, so does the other. They both ran with the "Caroline is pregnant at 49" earlier in the year.

ET used to be the gold standard for celebrity entertainment. Now they're just another in the sea of infotainment junk shows. Rumors and innuendo with dashes of fact over lots of pictures and video (80% taken by papparazzi). That they are all over the Princess Grace granddaughter/Princess Diaries 'connection' is par for the course now. They're probably mad it didn't happen last month during sweeps!

Albert has now officially admitted to fathering Jazmin. Whether he knew for sure only months ago or has secretly been supporting her for over a decade (or perhaps both), its out now.

Albert is making strides. It takes some people longer to step out of the shadow of their parents, quell their rebelliousness and start carrying their responsibilities. I think almost everything has been released now. His choice of wife/mother of his heirs seems to be the last. I hope he doesn't rush!

Ann
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

I haven't read through this entire thread so I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but now that Albert has acknowledged her as his child but denied her rights to the throne does that effectively bar her from using the style and title "HSH Princess Jazmin Grace"?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
We should not forget that he is a sovereign who is under no obligation to share his reasons publicly and as a human being I'm certain he loves his offspring.
I agree there is love in him for his kids, but it just has to come out without the negotiation of his lawyers.

Albert has always been show as a very caring and loving uncle and father figure to his nieces and nephews. If he made the true effort to bring his kids to get to know him I'm sure he will surprise us and become a good father.

But, he needs to overcome the perennial playboy bachelor fear that age is finally catching up with him and life is not a never-ending party. At some point in life we all realize that we have to stop acting like kids ourselves and start to act our age. And I'm referring to his very public antics at the Olympics. He needs to get to that point many of us have got to in life and realize there are two lives out there in need of a father. A check just won't do it.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
but now that Albert has acknowledged her as his child but denied her rights to the throne does that effectively bar her from using the style and title "HSH Princess Jazmin Grace"?
Officially, though that won't stop the media from calling her such-as they have with Eric Alexandre.

The only persons entitled to use HSH Princess of Monaco are Stephanie and Caroline-though Caroline prefers the higher status styling of HRH Caroline of Hanover.

Albert is title HSH the Sovereign Prince of Monaco. He is a ruler and addressed as such.

Caroline and Stephanie are heirs. Because their children were never intended to be direct heirs, they were never titled and I doubt Stephanie's ever will be. Should Albert never have legitimate heirs and Caroline becomes his successor, her older children could be titled.
All of the children (Casiraghi, Ducret and Gottleib/Grimaldi) are styled as Prince/ss of Monaco, though they are not titled as such. Only Alexandra has a title as HRH Princess of Hanover, however, it is unrecognized and merely a styling like her parents.

Should Albert have legitimate children, they will be titled appropriately (Albert was given more titles as the heir apparent than his sisters). Because Jazmin is not a legitimate child, she is (now) recognized as a daughter of Albert's but not an heir.

Were Albert to legitimize Jazmin and/or Eric Alexandre, they would be titled thought I see the titling of the Casiraghi trio as a more likely scenario.

Short answer--she's not a Princess.

Ann
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
All of the children (Casiraghi, Ducret and Gottleib/Grimaldi) are styled as Prince/ss of Monaco, though they are not titled as such.
What is the difference between being styled and titled as a Prince/ss?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Courtier

My understanding is that you can be styled with a title-for example "The King of Rock-n-Roll" but officially recognized titles are for members of ruling (in some form) Royal families.

Stephanie is a Princess of Monaco because she is a member of the Royal Family and potential Heir to the Throne.
Caroline is a true Serene Highness/Princess of Monaco because she is a member of the Royal Family and the Heiress Pressumptive but is stylized as Her Royal Highness Princess of Hanover because it is higher in rank.

The Hanover royalty claims are no longer recognized by the current federal republic government of Germany but they allow the current descendants of the former royal family to be stylized (called by) Prince/ss as a matter of courtesy. This includes Ernst August, Caroline, Ernst (his son and 'heir'), Christian and Alexandra.

Ann

ETA In Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, and occasionally Pauline, Louis and Camille's cases, the press call them "Prince Andrea" or "Princess Camille". They have no official titles of any sort and generally refer to themselves as Charlotte Casiraghi, Pauline Ducret...etc.
Whether or not Jazmin is allowed to keep the Grimaldi name, she will be Jazmin Grimaldi or Jazmin Rotolo, NEVER Princess Jazmin G or R--just as Eric Alexandre will be [insert name of day] Coste, NEVER Prince Eric.
Things can change though I'll stay in the here and now on this, its confusing enough! :eyeroll:
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Gentry

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
This weeks Point de Vue
OMG!!!!thats so brave of him!!!! I wonder what the casiraghi trio think about this....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

They will probably make her join them in their jet setting escapades. She could become a good project to transform from 'rags-to-riches' by Charlotte and Tatiana Santo Domingo (Andrea's billionaire heiress girlfriend) and they can also hook her up with a boyfriend. If the trio (or foursome incluiding Tatiana) gets a hold of her she will make one spectacular transformation.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
They will probably make her join them in their jet setting escapades. She could become a good project to transform from 'rags-to-riches' by Charlotte and Tatiana Santo Domingo (Andrea's billionaire heiress girlfriend) and they can also hook her up with a boyfriend. If the trio (or foursome incluiding Tatiana) gets a hold of her she will make one spectacular transformation.
Cashiragi Eye for the Commoner Girl!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Courtier

Okay, here is my thought on what JGG will be called now:

As the younger generation of Grimaldis, whether legitimate or not, have no titles to date, they are referred to individually as a "member of the Princely Family" by the Palace. So I guess JGG will be referred to as such, too.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Okay, here is my thought on what JGG will be called now:

As the younger generation of Grimaldis, whether legitimate or not, have no titles to date, they are referred to individually as a "member of the Princely Family" by the Palace. So I guess JGG will be referred to as such, too.
If you look closely at the palace website under family, you will only find PA, Caro and Steph. Other royals handle it similarly. In Norway only the King &Queen, Haakon, Mette Marit and their kids are considered as members of the royal family.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

From Hola :

Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

2 more from Hola :