The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 AM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008

Welcome to Part 26 of the thread to discuss the current events of HSH Prince Albert of Monaco.
You can find the old thread here:

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events Part 25

Please have a look at the
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!
__________________

__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #2  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,021
Pic 4.7.2008

Last Friday Prince Albert has visited two little girls who have
been operated at the Cardio-Thoracic Center of Monaco. It's
been an humanitarian action initiated on the occasion of the
50th anniversary of Prince Albert II that has made it possible
to operate 20 children from developing countries.

----> Pic
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #3  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Smile Glistening Seas

What a marvelous b-day or any day present! Is Monaco starting something new with the Cardio-care unit? Will there be more activities such as this? Whatever the answer to those questions it's really great to see such an interest in doing this kind of thing.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #4  
Old 07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,021
Pics 10.7.2008

Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of the sixth stage of the 95th Tour de
France cycling race between Aigurande and Super-Besse, July 10, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #5  
Old 07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.
__________________
  #6  
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking Glistening Seas

h-m-m-m greaaat pics although all of them are mah-velous! number 3 steals the show on these. Soo-o-o great to see them. Lets hope they have good pics of the tour de france competitions. looks like it's very warm out there. So, it's probably a good thing he didn't wear a tie (whew, gasp). Greaat fun and lets see whom wins!
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #7  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
smdouglas's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Paso Robles, United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.
Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.
__________________
  #8  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thousand Islands, Canada
Posts: 123
PHOTOS : Le Prince Albert II et Charlene... fans de pop et de rock !

Does SAS PA host this event?
Thx.
__________________
  #9  
Old 07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.
Thanks for the info but I have never seen any CEO not at the office as much as he is. Donald Trump may fly all over but he puts in long hours at the office and now he has his kids in the Corp structure as well. There is a difference between delegation and abandonment. Rainier was a very hands on CEO as are most that I either have met or heard of. This does not look like a man in control of his corporation. JMO
__________________
  #10  
Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Smile Glistening Seas

h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #11  
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed.
I would like to think that believe me I would, but I have grave doubts especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar. I have more faith in Donald Trump at the moment. Having had a father in public office I am aware of that structure, having dealt with many many CEO's I know how they function and think. They do delegate but not like you would think they do. I have personal knowledge of many CEO's they don't sell a 30% stake in their company if they don't have too. They like control.

I should like to add that your statement proves my point. Rainier delegated to Albert but with control. Albert has not changed that role since he became sovereign.Therefore, Albert has not delegated well it would seem.
__________________
  #12  
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Alabaster Skies

hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whose perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #13  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
smdouglas's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Paso Robles, United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
...especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar...
Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (€725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.
__________________
  #14  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (€725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.
Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.
__________________
  #15  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whom perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate
I have elaborated in my post to SM Douglas. I don't have time to view all the news all the time but I do pick up on things like selling shares etc. If I didn't like Monaco I would bother. I just want to see them succeed. But I have not been impressed lately with Albert. I still have great faith in Caroline.
__________________
  #16  
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Glistening Seas

ohhh this sheds light on the subject that was much needed. So, an unsuccessful bid to increase shares on SBM? So it's business as usual, then? Monaco succeeding is something all here would want to see.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #17  
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 PM
smdouglas's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Paso Robles, United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.
No problem. I've found over time that the press gets more incorrect than correct. When I have time, I try to get more than one source. The active party in this - potential - transaction is the real estate investment firm...not SBM.
__________________
  #18  
Old 07-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
It seems that prince Albert was present not only at opening of Tour de France on 07/10. On that day he was in Grimaldi Forum at Ancient Egypt exhibition and met Egypian first lady.
Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

Ok article did not state date, but I found another article about this event and it said in was July 10th.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #19  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,021
Lakshmi, you are right, it's been a current event Albert attended.
The caption of the following pics said: Monaco, July 11th 2008:
Prince Albert and Mrs Moubarak are opening the exhibition
"EGYPTIAN QUEENS":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #20  
Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,021
Pics 13.7.2008

France's President Nicolas Sarkozy and Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak
welcome Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of a EU-Mediterranean
summit in Paris, July 13, 2008. Some 43 heads of state and government
are attending the French-inspired summit intended to revitalize cooperation
between the European Union and Mediterranean countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 25 : Feb.2008 - July 2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 194 07-07-2008 04:33 AM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 24 : Sept.2007 - Feb.2008 Lady Jennifer Current Events Archive 280 02-28-2008 08:37 AM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 13 : Nov.2005 - Dec.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 186 12-17-2005 12:24 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 12 : Sept.2005 - Nov.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 209 10-31-2005 07:47 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 2 : May 2004 - Nov.2004 galisteo Current Events Archive 122 11-24-2004 07:37 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]