HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two additional pics from yesterday:

Albert with Danzangiin Lundeejantsan, chairman of Mongolia's State Great
Hural (Parliament) and at a press conference with the Mongolian President.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Oh, Angeline those 90 pics of PA, it's a great find.:flowers:

PA skips Olympics for 2 days in order to visit Mongolia.
Some article, in one he is called King of Monaco, I think he doesn't mind being called king.:D:innocent:
http://www.montsame.mn/index.php?option=com_news&task=news_detail&tab=200808&ne=1740

http://www.montsame.mn/index.php?option=com_news&task=news_detail&tab=200808&ne=1741

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/22/content_9625822.htm

Wonder if Albert is back on Sunday for Olympic Games closing.

The pictures were great. Prince Albert looked handsome and Charlene looked beautiful in the dress she wore to the Red Cross Ball. I would have liked to have seen Charlene compete and win gold, so Prince Albert could have presented her with a metal.

This qoute from the Forbes article is very interesting. It makes you wonder how much of the $1.4 billion is in liquid assets (cash, stocks, bonds, etc). Also, how much access does Prince Albert have to the money. However, I doubt he is hurting for cash.

"Keep in mind that the wealth of the royals comes from inheritances or positions of power; it is often shared with extended families and often represents money controlled by them in trust for their nation or territory. For these reasons, none of the 15 royals on this list would qualify for our annual ranking of the world billionaires, regardless of their net worth."

The World's Richest Royals - Forbes.com

Pics 29.8.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco and French Uefa president Michel Platini
attend the European Super Cup football match Manchester United
vs. St Petersburg, on August 29, 2008 at the Louis II stadium in
Monaco. St Petersburg won 2-1.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 1.9.2008

But you still had a good unseen addition, Lakshmi :)

Prince Albert II of Monaco during the Golden Foot Awards event, Sept. 1,
2008 in Monaco. The Golden Foot award is an international career award
given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

:)So-o-o glad to see these pics! whaaat fun! Such an enjoyable way to commemorate up and coming athletes while at the same time having fun.

Thanks Lakshmi! Albert looks nice, I think he is looking a little thinner too?:flowers:

Those are some wonferful pics of Prince Albert he looks nice and is enjoying himself.

Gee, I wonder why he didn't take Charlene with him.....;)

Happy with Charlene ?!

Gee, I wonder why he didn't take Charlene with him.....;)
I don`t wonder at all !!! Have you ever seen him been relaxed and simply Happy with Charlene ?! Not me !!!
Perhaps he had finally an enlightenment !!! :angel: He could need one !!!
I`m glad that he took off some weight ! Much better for his heart and look !
:whistling:

Emporer,

I hope so!;):angel:

Welcome!:flowers:

I hope too :cool:

Welcome, Emporer ;) and Hi Sandsla! I am back from my summer holidays! :flowers:

Welcome Emporer, Happy to read the comment of a person living in Monaco. I hope that we shall have the pleasure to read to you often...

Glistening Seas

:) Indeed always glad to hear from someone whom is from Monaco. After being there considering it's considered a premiere destination vacation spot it's amusing you went somewhere else for Vacation! ;) So it's really great to have you back where all the fun is happening anyway!! The scoop on what is happening in Monaco is always something interesting to note from someone there. :ROFLMAO: that's an entire paragraph on welcome back! awww now isn't it great to be back home :D:monacostandard::news:

Pics 12.9.2008

Prince Albert has unveiled a stele for the Italian professor
Gianfranco Gilardini in presence of the Gilardini family.
Monaco, September 12, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Glistening Seas

:flowers: The setting for this occasion is exquisite! PA does look great! Was this someplace outside of Monaco or is this just another exquisite view of someplace within Monaco???? It's simply breathtaking. :monacostandard: Is it possible to get a little background as to the stele and the Gilardini and how it came to be receiving this recognition? It's beautiful and for most whom aren't familiar with the general area would consider it something of interest. :sun:

:flowers: The setting for this occasion is exquisite! PA does look great! Was this someplace outside of Monaco or is this just another exquisite view of someplace within Monaco???? It's simply breathtaking. :monacostandard: Is it possible to get a little background as to the stele and the Gilardini and how it came to be receiving this recognition? It's beautiful and for most whom aren't familiar with the general area would consider it something of interest. :sun:

The event is on Avenue Albert II in the Port de Fontvieille. That's the Prince's palace in the background in the fourth picture.

Here's an article translated into English that describes the event. Sorry, but the video is in French.

I would like to think that believe me I would, but I have grave doubts especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar. I have more faith in Donald Trump at the moment. Having had a father in public office I am aware of that structure, having dealt with many many CEO's I know how they function and think. They do delegate but not like you would think they do. I have personal knowledge of many CEO's they don't sell a 30% stake in their company if they don't have too. They like control.

I should like to add that your statement proves my point. Rainier delegated to Albert but with control. Albert has not changed that role since he became sovereign.Therefore, Albert has not delegated well it would seem.

Sorry I am getting to this subject so late, but ...

I would not worry about some other country or person taking over too much of Monaco. In the 1950's, Aristotle Onassis all but bought and controlled Monaco much to the fury of Prince Rainier. Onassis was eventually ousted. I am sure that Prince Rainier trained Albert very well and that such a situation will never happen again.
And Albert is a very outdoors/physical type of person. Sitting behind a desk all of the time probably drives him nuts. As long as he keeps a good eye on things and delegates wisely, he should be fine.

Also, the 2009 Tour de France starts in Monaco - big deal!

Glistening Seas

:) h-m-m-m are you "sure" about the 30 percent stake being sold to qatar? We had heard before that was just a 'rumor" that it had not been done.???:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom