HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducii, I guess there are dozens of Limousines with a Monaco Registration number, considering the large number of millionaires based in Monaco.
Anyhow, maybe it was Prince albert's car!
Who knows!;)

Might have been but it's doubtful because he is a green prince and tends to have smaller cars. I've never heard of him taking a limo around Monaco or nice but of course it could have been him?

Hmmmmm/Imposter

I kind of like this solar cab. :)
There are some news about Albert at French google.
Albert accredited two new ambassadors on 10/28:
Translated version of http://www.podcastjournal.net/REVUE-Actualites-de-Monaco-et-de-la-region_a447.html
He also supported some really good project.
Translated version of http://www.nicematin.com/ra/menton/154703/monaco-monaco-disease-power-a-recolte-200-000-euros

And here is some article that seems kind of weird
RT - 24/7 English-language news channel : Features : The Gorby imposter and the Prince of Monaco

Hello, I'm new board. If this belongs somewhere else, please just tell me. But I am confused as to how, this woman got so close to a Prince? She obviously wasn't checked out before the meeting at all, or perhaps the palace was going along with it... for some reason. When I first read this I went to the internet to search for even more, I thought ( god forbid) what if she would have tried to harm him.
Thanks everyone.

What's he actually doing for Monaco these days?

And how far did "fake Kathryn" actually get with the Prince that it has been so highly publicized? I thought he already has a girlfriend??

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Hm-m-m any PA "sightings"? It seems the illustrious and most elusive these days is simply "vamooshed?" The recent pics that were put out recent were fab. Let's hope he is wired when he goes to Dusseldorf. Cannot wait for National Day too!:harvest::turkey:

I read on another royal board that P. Albert was going to Dusseldorf, Germany, but I can't find anything online.

I've read in a German article ( that can be found here ) that Albert is
expected to visit Düsseldorf ( in western Germany) next February
2009. There are no details given, things are still in the planning phase,
but if he makes that visit, it'll be about his environmental-foundation.

Pics 10.11.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco welcomes French Environment minister Jean Louis
Borloo on November 10, 2008 in Monaco, before a meeting on how to beef up
environmental research in the Arctic. The conference, unfolding under the
chairmanship of current European Union president France, gathers countries
of the 27-nation EU, as well as Norway, Iceland, Monaco and representatives
from Greenland, a Danish territory.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

:flowers: ii-it appears PA is looking rather d-a-s-h-i-n-g these days, doesn't it!!! Much more streamlined. It's probably a good idea to get everyone involved in the artic project since most that area seems pretty affected by global warming?This color suit looks nice too!!:harvest::turkey:

Prince Albert is indeed looking nice and he is doing a very good thing by getting involuved with the enivornment which affects all people throughout the world.

I really like that Albert's suit, wonder what material it was because it looked like linen but seems impossible someone wearing this kind of material in November.:huh: Anyway, Albert looks good, outfit has nice color.
Is it just me or really French minister, Jean Louis Borloo, looks almost like prince Ernst-August in pic #3 posted by iceflower.:lol:

:lol:o-m-g until you mentioned it. hee It wasn't realizable!! You know at the s-t-r-e-t-c-h of the imagination you are right! he does bear a resemblence at a glance. It's the hair style though!!! All thaaat:harvest::turkey: hair?!! hee don't you think so too?:unicorn: As handsome as they both are PA is still our faaav!! :turkey:

ohhh lakshimi said his suit might be linen?

Do you think so?? I wondered thaaaat too. However, upon closer inspection it has a bit of a sheen to it don't you think so too? Does that mean it's silk based???:popcorn::turkey::poinsettia:

Last edited by a moderator:
ohhh lakshimi said his suit might be linen?

Do you think so?? I wondered thaaaat too. However, upon closer inspection it has a bit of a sheen to it don't you think so too? Does that mean it's silk based???:popcorn::turkey::poinsettia:

It might be a silk and light wool blend sometimes that combination will give a slight sheen in the light. It's a very well made suit and for once he has had it tailored, so it fits nicely. He looks wonderful in this suit and who ever made it or tailored it should do all his clothes.

Gistening Seas

:) h-m-m whom made his suit, it's hard to tell. Someone said he buys off the rack from Armani?? Is this true?? In any case, i concur he does look good. :innocent::harvest::poinsettia:

I really like that Albert's suit, wonder what material it was because it looked like linen but seems impossible someone wearing this kind of material in November.:huh: Anyway, Albert looks good, outfit has nice color.
Is it just me or really French minister, Jean Louis Borloo, looks almost like prince Ernst-August in pic #3 posted by iceflower.:lol:

:lol: No it's not just you, I was thinking the same thing. Also Albert looks nice there, nice suit. Albert seems to keeps pretty busy doing some very good things. :flowers:

IIt's a very well made suit and for once he has had it tailored, so it fits nicely. He looks wonderful in this suit and who ever made it or tailored it should do all his clothes.
Prince Albert always wears talilored and measure made suits, like all European men who can afford them! Ready to wear men suits are considered not chic!
:) h-m-m whom made his suit, it's hard to tell. Someone said he buys off the rack from Armani?? Is this true?? In any case, i concur he does look good.
I guess he has his suits measure made in Paris or in Italy (Caraceni, Brioni,...). I am sure he never buys off the rack from Armani, but, if I am not wrong, Armani has recently opened a taylor's shop for men in Milan.

Prince Albert always wears talilored and measure made suits, like all European men who can afford them! Ready to wear men suits are considered not chic!

I guess he has his suits measure made in Paris or in Italy (Caraceni, Brioni,...). I am sure he never buys off the rack from Armani, but, if I am not wrong, Armani has recently opened a taylor's shop for men in Milan.

Actually, Albert has said in interviews that he usually buys his suits off the rack. It's just that this one looks like a very nice one and he has had it tailored. Maybe since his father died he has begun to to have them made?

Obtaining custom suits is not a big deal. I've had several custom suits made (that provide a much better fit) in Hong Kong and other markets. The final product is a delight and a pleasure to wear.

My suits have been a mix of wool and are very lightweight in order to accumodate my lifestyle (easy to wear and care for).

Actually, Albert has said in interviews that he usually buys his suits off the rack. It's just that this one looks like a very nice one and he has had it tailored. Maybe since his father died he has begun to to have them made?
I don't know why Albert says in interviews that he buys his suits off the rack, as he has always worn tailored suits since he was a boy. I don't mean that all his suits look perfect, but you can easily see that they all are tailored suits. European rich (enough) men never wear ready to wear suits. It is considered very very unelegant. They all have them measure made in famous tailor's shops.
It is not like in USA, where men think it is classy to buy a Versace, a D&G,or an Armani ready to wear suit.
Anyway, Smdouglas is right, custom suits are not always more expensive then ready to wear ones.

I don't know why Albert says in interviews that he buys his suits off the rack, as he has always worn tailored suits since he was a boy. I don't mean that all his suits look perfect, but you can easily see that they all are tailored suits. European rich (enough) men never wear ready to wear suits. It is considered very very unelegant. They all have them measure made in famous tailor's shops.
It is not like in USA, where men think it is classy to buy a Versace, a D&G,or an Armani ready to wear suit.
Anyway, Smdouglas is right, custom suits are not always more expensive then ready to wear ones.
Hibou is correct he has said he buys off the rack and the Palace tailor makes them.

Hibou is correct he has said he buys off the rack and the Palace tailor makes them.
I have never said Hibou is not correct. Read my post again, Please!;)
However, I think Albert probably meant that he buys suits that are not ready to wear, but partially tacked ( I don't know how to say it in English) and then they need to be tailored. But those are still custom made dress, a cheaper version though!
Weird!
That's why Prince Albert is not so elegant as Prince Charles!

I have never said Hibou is not correct. Read my post again, Please!;)
However, I think Albert probably meant that he buys suits that are not ready to wear, but partially tacked ( I don't know how to say it in English) and then they need to be tailored. But those are still custom made dress, a cheaper version though!
Weird!
That's why Prince Albert is not so elegant as Prince Charles!
I know you didn't. I was agreeing with her we must have both read the same article and I added the part of his mentioning the tailor makes some. I understand what you are trying to say. I don't see anything wrong with how he dresses except I don't like when he wears the tan or white pants. They don't flatter him due to his weight. It could be part of why you see a difference between him and Charles because he is slimmer. It's no big deal really at least he's dressed appropriately when in public and to each his own on its all a matter of personal taste.

Edited to add.
Prince Albert of Monaco talks exclusively to Peter Kurth. I decided to look it up but didn't find where he said his tailor also makes clothing for him. I read it some where.

in clothes he says he buys 'off the rack' (as his mother was inclined to do, frequently at Marks & Spencer)

Last edited:
Glistening Seas

:D:lol: Not as elegante as Prince Charles?! That is simply a matter of opinion? Because, although Prince Charles is indeed an elegant dresser that is without question; imho so is PA.

Personally, it was a wonderful surprise to learn that ready-wear isn't always cheaper than the designed one's! thaaat is indeed news!

It was also a surprise to learn that Pa meant he purchases them "tacked" and then has his people tailor them? Since most of us out here really don't know that is how the clothing industry works.

Although, in past there are some places whom have indeed made for us custom fit clothing and indeed you were right it was comprable to off the rack. However, they were the only one's whom provided the service and it was for only certain things. it's not like you could just have anything done there.

Although, it must be said Pa really does look much nicer in black tails. His pictures with the white pants (do they call them docksiders? you know the one's with the pleats) they look fab at any weight. However, black does look better on him. However, it's because black brings out the fire in his baby blue eyes, again not because of his weight. The white tends to make him a little washed out? any opinions on this? :harvest::poinsettia:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glistening Seas

:verysad::cry: o-h-h-h it doesn't work!! anyone else having trouble with this??? Some pics would be nice!!:prettyplease:

His pictures with the white pants (do they call them docksiders? you know the one's with the pleats) they look fab at any weight. However, black does look better on him. However, it's because black brings out the fire in his baby blue eyes, again not because of his weight. The white tends to make him a little washed out? any opinions on this?
Washed out is a good word. I believe you mean Dockers the Docksiders I'm familiar with are shoes.

Glistening Seas -- o-h-h-h it doesn't work!! anyone else having trouble with this??? Some pics would be nice!!
I couldn't get the link in Lakshmi post to work either if that's what you're speaking of. I haven't been able to get that translator to work in a while due to my server and the program I'm running it might be your problem too.

Lakshmi do not feel too down I was able to get your link though the rest of the members could not get it.Albert looks good in black and boy I love blue it is my favorite color and his eyes are that color.

Glistensing Seas

:flowers: ahhh this one worked! You were right both gentlemen do look nice. That shade of blue is always a crowd pleaser. Iuh-ohh it's back to cracking the translation books:books: ?again? my random collegiate interpretation (without dictionary) something er-hmm got a "little" lost in translation??:frazzled::lol: Actually mine translation wasn't even c-l-o-s-e? hee. Relief to know someone could translaaaate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom