The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't be surprised at all. He strikes me as doing that.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
I am sure Prince Albert visits his child. We will never see him doing this because he is very private. There is no reason for him to flaunt his parenthood in public. He is a very private and personal man. I remember reading a comment he made about being visible in the public. He stated “he knows where to go to avoid attention”. So I am sure he visits with his son more than we realize.

As far as getting married, he will make this decision when he is ready. Prince Albert is enjoying his independent lifestyle free from criticism of his late father. His father never approved of his choice of female companions. So when he takes this step into matrimony, he will be sure his bride loves him, not what’s in his wallet...:)

This is only my opinion...
I respect your opinion even if I do not entirely agree. He did not visit this baby until it was two months old. Not exactly Mr. Mom there. I think he should stay single if it suits him. I think being single is a Great idea and one that many are choosing.

Also, I have never really believed that his father didn't like any of his women. Firstly, I read that he liked Alicia. Second, I think that comment was made by his attorney to do some damage control after the NC story broke. I mean, when the story first broke there were a lot of racial overtones to Rainer rejecting NC. Its' really better to say Rainer didn't like any of them. And I could be wrong, Rainer could have rejected all of them.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

I still have to say I don't see Albert ever marrying. He is not the marrying kind. He enjoys his freedom too much and age has not matured him. The principality will be handed to Caroline if she outlives him or to Andrea. I wonder what Andrea thinks of potentially becoming the reigning Prince of Monaco?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:29 AM

Very interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda
I am sure Prince Albert visits his child. We will never see him doing this because he is very private. There is no reason for him to flaunt his parenthood in public. He is a very private and personal man. I remember reading a comment he made about being visible in the public. He stated “he knows where to go to avoid attention”. So I am sure he visits with his son more than we realize.

As far as getting married, he will make this decision when he is ready. Prince Albert is enjoying his independent lifestyle free from criticism of his late father. His father never approved of his choice of female companions. So when he takes this step into matrimony, he will be sure his bride loves him, not what’s in his wallet...:)

This is only my opinion...
Well, your opinion makes a lot of sense and was very nicely written. That is very interesting. In reply to those who doubt Albert has time to be a father, I remind you that the Grimaldi definition of parenthood involves nannies and lots of other help. Albert would certainly not be going it alone. He'd have a team of nannies for the boy, and cooks and everything else.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I respect your opinion even if I do not entirely agree. He did not visit this baby until it was two months old. Not exactly Mr. Mom there. I think he should stay single if it suits him. I think being single is a Great idea and one that many are choosing.

Also, I have never really believed that his father didn't like any of his women. Firstly, I read that he liked Alicia. Second, I think that comment was made by his attorney to do some damage control after the NC story broke. I mean, when the story first broke there were a lot of racial overtones to Rainer rejecting NC. Its' really better to say Rainer didn't like any of them. And I could be wrong, Rainer could have rejected all of them.
Albert has never hidden he isn't racist and dated whom he liked. I heard he liked Alicia too but Albert wasn't in love with her as with others his father approved of. Not Albert's exact words he said there was some relationships had they gone on they would have headed that way meaning towards marriage in answer to a question by Larry King. Since Rainier has passed away Albert has been quoted as saying he will get married and wants a family. He has always wanted what others have and hasn't hidden it. If people paid attention to what he says and sources close to him they would know him better not the rumors like he was gay. Think about this if there hadn't been rumors around of his bedding so many woman what would people have said? He truly was gay or something wrong with him.

All you have is Nicole's word how long it took. Don't forget it had to sink in as well once the results of the paternity test came back. He has also publicly said things to let all know her story isn't all factual and he did it in a way people didn't approve of. Unlike most men he doesn't talk about the woman in his life and get it plastered all over the press. I respect him for that. That is part of respecting the woman and being a gentleman whether or not any realize it. Having sex with them isn't making him less of a gentleman they could say no. Its how you treat the person in public and private. Nicole is Alexandre's mother and he has shown her respect in all he has done which I think was beautiful of him since she didn't respect the mourning period as requested when he signed the paper of paternity.

I will say it again there is more then meets the eye as to why Albert hasn't married yet. Also try to remember unlike the other Princes Albert is in a different position then them. He is the ruler of Monaco which might be small but it comes with a large amount of stress. After four years his term isn't over like a President. Its a lifetime of rule unless you abdicate. People are depending on you and pulling from different directions. Albert wants to make major changes in Monaco clean it up. He didn't come to these decisions over night once he became the Sovereign he has had years to think of what he wanted to do but only until now has he been in the position to do it. He is involved in things outside the Principality as well that demand his time. The demands on him are greater then his father whether anyone realizes it. The woman he is married to has to understand those things and not be giving him a hard time in private that she isn't getting enough attention as woman do. There are ways to make a man pay attention to you without harassing them over it. It's what he needs more then love an understanding wife that is willing to make sacrifices for her husband because there will be. Its more then stretch marks from having a baby, fancy clothes, jewels and parties. Its a job, work to be the First Lady of Monaco.

A little piece of history or trivia the title First Lady came from Abigail Adams wife of President Adams, mother of Pres. John Quincy Adams relatives of Princess Diana, and Albert's by blood and through marriage.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=Fahren][QUOTE=Lillia]I think the mother should take more care than to allow undressing of him in public becuase of the camera exposure!
Quote:

Nicole seems a very attentive mother in those pictures. He's not out in the open but under the cabana so maybe she was just changing his clothes and the photographer caught that moment. I don't see anything wrong with a child naked on the beach, but I do see something wrong with someone in the bushes sneakily taking pictures of a naked child.
I was going to say this before only didn't. I looked at the amount of views to enlarge the picture of Alexandre being naked compared to the others it was getting more what does that tell you of even normal people looking muchless the preverts who get off on staring at pictures of naked children? I saw it once that was enough for me to be shocked and feel as I did and voice my opinion it wasn't proper in here. I haven't looked but tbhrc said it was going to be removed due to the amount of comments. Thank you, your other photo posts are appreciated.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Majesty

You're welcome. It's deleted.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

I hope that he does announce an engagement soon. I would love to start seeing pictures of Albert and his intended on this thread and talk about the future! From your post Lady M to God's ears!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

This pic is ' a little older' ..but I love it:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	177305  
Old 08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
This pic is ' a little older' ..but I love it:

He looks a little on the hot side.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Alexandre is very much to be pitied. I wish he could live with Albert instead of Nicole. Albert seems like he would be a better parent. Nicole seems very immature and she's definitely milking her newfound fame for every penny it's worth.
If Nicole had said she never planned or wanted her child what would people say about her? Albert said that in Le Monde but you feel he would be a better parent? He hasn't even been seen public with his son since recognizing him.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahren
If Nicole had said she never planned or wanted her child what would people say about her? Albert said that in Le Monde but you feel he would be a better parent? He hasn't even been seen public with his son since recognizing him.
Although I recognize you are a supporter of NC, we really don't know what visitation Albert has had with the boy. The fact that he is not parading him around in public does not mean there is not contact. Albert had stated he wanted him to have a private life. I am assuming he loves the child, but public viewing of Alexandre is not in the child's best interest, as he is not the heir at this time.

This will be moot point once Albert is engaged, as the focus will be on a new princess, which is where it should be once it is announced. Lady M I hope you are ready!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Commoner

I'm not a supporter of Nicole, however, I like to point out the other side of the coin. I simply don't think there's evidence to say Albert would make a better parent than Nicole.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahren
Actually that's exactly what Nicole declared: that the child was not wanted and that she planned to have an abortion, until Albert "suggested" her to keep it (he changed his mind eventually, but that was his first reaction).

I think both parents were immature and not very thoughtful in declaring something so private and hurtful for the kid to the press, but that's what they both declared.

This said I think it is impossible to judge who should raise the kid without knowing the people involved; hopefully they'll raise him together in harmony...

Kisses
Old 08-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Actually that's exactly what Nicole declared: that the child was not wanted and that she planned to have an abortion, until Albert "suggested" her to keep it (he changed his mind eventually, but that was his first reaction).
I went back to look for that article to make sure I hadn't misunderstood. The exact quote was--

"At first, Prince Albert, part of an ostentatiously Catholic royal family, insisted she must keep the child, she said. Later, he changed his mind and tried to persuade her, through a lawyer, to have an abortion. By this time, she was three months' pregnant and a legal abortion was no longer possible in France."
Old 08-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

It seems this poor child does not have much in either parent. I feel bad for Alexandre. To see your parents didn't want you splashed all over the tabloids does not bode well for his psychological well being.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps we should be more considerate and stop talking about it. Just a thought.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Ladies, I do not want to debate over what Albert is capable of. Fact shows he is a humanitarian type of person. I have never read anything of him being spiteful or grudge hearted, only he is generous and kind. We can assume what is and what is not forever concerning his actions. I do not think anyone on this site has his telephone number and calls him (if so let me have it too)…

There have been a variety of pictures of him with his son at different stages of growth. This is evidence he has visited his child more than a few times.

What was quoted by Nicole in the tabloid rags was from a mother who wanted child support and recognition of her son. This was a very stressful and emotional time for her. According to the tabloid rags, she wrote letters stating she will no longer discuss this matter because it is confidential. So you can not read too much into this relationship because we will never know the real truth.

As far as Albert presently visiting his son, we have no verification if he does or not. The man is extremely private and hates when someone digs too deep into his personal life. This is his prerogative to feel this way, why should he flaunt his private life in public?

One day Albert will get married, but only when he is ready and I respect him for this decision... :)
Old 08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Commoner

nicely put.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Lady M, I agree. This is my last comment on this matter. Let's discuss something refreshing regarding Prince Albert... :)

Closed Thread