The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Well, ok -- what else is going on with PA these days?

Anything exciting (besides regular government business)?
He's enjoying the peace before the next press release or announcement he has another child or he is getting married.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

I thought about the getting teased in school thing also. Kids can sometimes be really mean. But maybe it's different in France. When I was there 3 years ago there were tons of topless women and young girls and some naked kids on the beach. So hopefully it won't be a big deal and cause for him to be kidded about it.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know it still comes up in books of Albert being photographed nude on his boat with one of his girlfriends years ago. Alexandre could be a modest young and shy man and find it appauling to see his picture pastered in the press again at an older age.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

This is true. Maybe Nicole will be more careful in the future.
If I had been photographed naked (even as young as 2 years old) and then kids in school kidded me about it later, I would have been horribly mortified. Things like that can be a really big deal for a child.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

Here is an interesting article regarding Prince Albert going to the North Pole for an expedition. The article is in the Yahoo.com news under "Prince Albert". I think it is current news..:)

I just copied over a little excert from the article. There are 2 new pictures of Prince Albert as well. I was not sure how to bring over the pictures so if anybody is interested, check out the article.

Prince Albert of Monaco holds the Principality's flag as he stands on the glacier 'Monaco' in this photo taken during his July 25-31 visit to the Archipel Svalbard Spitzberg, located between Norway and the North Pole. Prince Albert accompanied a group of scientists who travelled some 1200 kms (745.6 miles) around the archipel to study the effects of pollution on certain species of marine life in the food chain and to monitor the eventual impact from pollution on the ecosystem and arctic populations. REUTERS/HO/Monaco/Palais Princier
Old 08-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the news
Old 08-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the news, Lynda! His ancestor, Albert I, was a famous and very distinguished oceanographer and also participated in an expedition to the North Pole.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
It depends where you live I think I live on the Florida Gulf Coast and its against the law to wear thongs on some of our beaches. While it might be common in some area's to change your children in public it isn't in others. Feel the point is its disrespectful to have photographed Alexandre like that and someone made money off of it. Any idea what will be said later in his life? He will be teased in school. There should be a line drawn in the Forum as to what type of pictures are acceptable as what we say. The other Forums anything goes in conversations even swearing this one not as much is tolerated. Shows we have more class in my opinion. Such photo's would be blurred here. In France on a video they blurred Alexandre face. The other thread was closed why are we still on the subject anyway? Just wondering.
Yes, I agree, he should not have been photographed but I personnaly, do not find it offensive, that's all I"m sayin.

I kinda thought the other thread got closed cause it got a little rude but attempts to change the subject so far have been unsuccessful cause well, face it, scandal is just more intetesting than cow parades. Not that they don't have their place but I just have a little trouble getting worked up about a cow parade. No offense to whoever brought it up. I think also that this particular scandal involves stuff that eveyone can relate to. Like, everyone sees a piece of their life in the lives of famous people. We all have faced similar issues and it touches people personally. We've all had relationships, some of us have children, some of us are catholics, etc, etc, It's the kind of topic everyone can comment on so it endures longe than an event. And it doesn't have to be ugly or rude, it can just be diffrent opinions.
I do agree that profanity on any board is generally offensive.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Nobility

Here's the Yahoo link

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_050803190308
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Albert doesn't show any change of tring to change or attempting to settling down.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Albert doesn't show any change of tring to change or attempting to settling down.
Can't know that for sure. He keeps his private life very separate from his public role.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Yes, I agree, he should not have been photographed but I personnaly, do not find it offensive, that's all I"m sayin.

I kinda thought the other thread got closed cause it got a little rude but attempts to change the subject so far have been unsuccessful cause well, face it, scandal is just more intetesting than cow parades. Not that they don't have their place but I just have a little trouble getting worked up about a cow parade. No offense to whoever brought it up. I think also that this particular scandal involves stuff that eveyone can relate to. Like, everyone sees a piece of their life in the lives of famous people. We all have faced similar issues and it touches people personally. We've all had relationships, some of us have children, some of us are catholics, etc, etc, It's the kind of topic everyone can comment on so it endures longe than an event. And it doesn't have to be ugly or rude, it can just be diffrent opinions.
I do agree that profanity on any board is generally offensive.
hahaha -- I think that is funny and so true -- the other stuff is much more interesting that a bunch of fibre glass cows!:)

(well, since my cow comments did not work...I keep trying to change the subject, but it never helps )

Anybody think was PA going on that trip to get away from home or because he really wanted to study the environment?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Celebrity Baby Blog

Portrait of the little prince

Prince Albert of Monaco's son, Alexandre, and mom Nicole Coste get his portrait painted in Villefranche-sur-Mer, where they both live.

http://celebritybabies.typepad.com/p...zed/alex_1.jpg

http://celebritybabies.typepad.com/p...zed/alex_2.jpg
Old 08-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Just browsed through Franco-Iberian Royals Message Board and there's a small picture of PA on the red carpet heading to the U2 concert in Copenhagen. Apparently, he joined F & M. If someone remembers the picture of PA at the most recent Grand Prix...there was a picture of him with a young lady with long light brownish hair who was mistaken for Pss Caroline. I think this is the same lady at the U2 concert who is coming out of the black SUV, being guided by a man.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga
Just browsed through Franco-Iberian Royals Message Board and there's a small picture of PA on the red carpet heading to the U2 concert in Copenhagen. Apparently, he joined F & M. If someone remembers the picture of PA at the most recent Grand Prix...there was a picture of him with a young lady with long light brownish hair who was mistaken for Pss Caroline. I think this is the same lady at the U2 concert who is coming out of the black SUV, being guided by a man.
Rarotonga, any chance you can provide a link for all of us to view?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Nobility

For which ones? I don't know the link to the F-I message board, always been googling it. As for the picture of PA with the lady at the most recent Grand Prix, it was posted somewhere on this board. Sorry, not much of a help.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks tbhrc for the information :) It's a nice portrait but makes him look older like if he was 4 or 5.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Nicole's new career is that of a full-time mom. I think that is a credible job.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga
Thanks, Lady! I never knew how to post links.
You are welcome. Just copy the http link and paste it.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I saw the picture but I do not have good enough eye site, nor a good enough memory to recognize the woman in the back ground. What I do know is that a guy like PA is not going to be lonely. He probably has several girlfriends. There are plenty of women in the world who are not necessarily interested in marriage. Both of my best girlfriends from way back have both said they do not want to marry. Hence, they are unlikely to get involved with anyone long term. So, if PA never wants to get married then I think it's fine, let Andrea take over. I sure do not feel sorry for him or do I get the impression that he's "misunderstood". He's got a pretty fine life all things considered.

Closed Thread