The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Nobility

Nicely written article. Thank you for posting it!

Old 07-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Commoner

Very distasteful photos. Tacky. JMHO.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Do you all think Albert wants to be married? Maybe, it's not that he hasn't met the right woman, perhaps he just doesn't want to marry. (??)
Old 07-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

People that really want to get married get married. People that spend their lives waiting for the absolutely 100% perfect person are either totally unrealistic or most likely don't REALLY want to marry. Most of the people who marry for the first time at an older age never planned to marry and then met that special someone and changed their mind. If Albert really had been wanting to get married for the last 25 or 30 years I think he would've by now. He has to know the older he gets his chances of finding an "appropriate" bride of child-bearing years are diminishing considerably. With age comes a lesser appealing physical appearance as well as sperm count. If he is still enjoying being single and playing the field maybe he just needs to stop with all the "wanta get married" talk and do what he wants to do. I would. :)
Old 07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dreed777 I know you are wrong on that.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Well ALbert has enough children in the sack to pick and choose an heir. I am guessin' at least 10. Just kidding more like 3.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Lady MacAlpine, which part? :)
Old 07-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Nobility

Yeah, I think eveyone is sort of got a point. I mean, people who want to marry really do marry, usually. He does have a perfectly acceptable heir, Andrea and I think it's possible he is in love with someone who is either not appropriate or who he does not want to expose to the media mess. However, having said that, there is alway that little problem with NC. I mean, if there have been any other serious women since 1997, they are going to doubt his ablitliy to commit. IMO....
Old 07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

I agree -- maybe PA does 'want' to get married, but there certainly is a difference between talking and acting on that. If he (or any man) were sincerely, honestly, truly 100% committed to that particular thing, they would do it. And if he really, truly wanted to marry any woman that he was dating before his parents left here, he would have made it clear his intention and told them so. He could have done that if he had really truly wanted to. They would not have denied him that. No question.

That thing about 'my dad has to love you and approve, my sisters must love you and approve, and so on and on..' may have some ground, but after a certain point, a person must to come into their own and decide for themself what they will do. If one thinks about it, all seems consistent w/someone who does not really want to be bothered with all that type of commitment and the demands that come with it.

It is also possible that some guys are just really late bloomers...
Old 07-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Love your post Lilla and completely agree.

Late bloomer??? Try like ancient almost dead bloomer...

I mean really if he's not man enough to tell his family who he wants to be with and stand firmly by her than he probably doesn't really want her or hasn't met her.

He should stop worrying about what his sisters will think - they will surley love him no matter what.... If it was his father who held him back he should have stood his ground. If Albert had been disinhereted from the throne then he would have been able to lead the life of a commoner choosing an occupation himself and living freely with a family that he could have had anywhere in the world (not so bad in my opinion). Even without money he would have still had his education and connections to get him by, not to mention the Kelly side of the family.

And if its his administrators & organization that's not approving....we'll he can fix that now can't he!

I think deep down he always knew that Caroline would pick up after him if never married....
Old 07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I'm surprised that Rainier didn't sit him down and tell him he needed to take care of the marriage situation. And the palace media machine probably could have "fixed" whatever problems the "lucky" woman had (after all, it's worked for Mette-Merit, Letizia, Maxima and just about everybody except Mabel).

And as for approval of the sisters -- they've done enough shady things of their own not to be casting stones at anybody.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Majesty

New pics of Nicole and Alexandre from Colourpress:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10257342.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	174981   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10257344.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	174982   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10257346.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	174983   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10257347.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	174984  

Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10257348.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	174985  
Old 07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

While it is nice to see he is having a lot of fun at the beach and I think he is a handsome baby, I think the mother should take more care than to allow undressing of him in public becuase of the camera exposure! Maybe I am wrong but I think you would not see any other children of royalty in full undress. I'm sorry. I just don't know....

I am not trying to be a prude or anything, but for goodness sake one would think she could show a little more discretion on this type of thing even if he is still just a little person!!!

I know she wanted him to live 'uncovered' but I would not expect her to be so totally casual about his issues on privacy :(.

I guess I expected her to have more in the way of sensitivity to his modesty. Even if she herself may not be at all modest on any points
(based on her interview, I would guess she probably is not).

Maybe I expect too much.

Goodness sake!!
Old 07-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps Nicole hadn't thought of the press being there but from now on they will be and looking through the curtains if possible. They will be there when you lest expect it. I looked a photo taken of me some years ago and tried to figure out where the person was to take it. They don't care as long as they get a shot to sell.

What part Dreed all of it. Being near Albert age I don't consider myself an almost dead bloomer either. Never forget you will be in your 40's someday too. There are things I don't say in here because its no one's business. If a person say's they want to get married they do when they find the right one by falling in love.

Unless you are a Royal understanding what it's like to be one is hard for many. Think of falling in love and taking the person home to meet your parent who has to give permission and they say no. Or you get it they like the person you do only they can't deal with the media and how things are done and you end up loosing them from your life due to public demand.

Its been said Albert said he would marry when Rainier passed away. If he said he wants to marry and have a family meaning to marry and have children with that person he will. Albert is now the one the other members of the family need permission from to marry.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do you all think Albert wants to be married? Maybe, it's not that he hasn't met the right woman, perhaps he just doesn't want to marry. (??
)

freedom
i would like to think that ablert wants to marry but hasnt found the right woman. im guessing there is a lot of stress and high standards for princess of monaco. and just to pick anyone wont do. if u looked at the separation of charles and diana, was a sad end for a fairy tale marrage. or the separation of alexandra and jochaim of denmark.
there are very few non-titled people that stay married and it seems that even royalty have fallen victim to separations.
plus, who ever he marries will have to sit her career aside and do what her title has asign for her, and im guessing about this point. how many women, who have worked, studied hard for a career and then drop it to be a traditional royal wife?

Quote:
Late bloomer??? Try like ancient almost dead bloomer..
goodness, im a dead bloomer! gee thanks in about 3yrs im a dead bloomer i guess i better have some fun soon.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Aristocracy

I am actually IN my forties now. I realize about the royal thing but if someone was really in love and really wanted to marry a particular person no one could stop them, they would even renounce their right to succession if they loved the person enough. It's happened before. Maybe he just never has found the right person (or maybe he doesn't really want to, who knows?)
Like I've said before, I don't know Albert, but I do know several people who either have known him briefly or actually very well. They all have said that he certainly never acted like someone who really wanted to get married. One even called him very sneaky and said he would push Stephanie to do things to draw bad attention to herself to take the attention away from himself and his "deeds". Like I said before, I've never met him, so I'm basing this on what people who do know him have told me. (And these people don't even know each other or have anything to do with one another and it's the exact same opinions of him.) These people would have absolutely no reason to make the things up that they have told me - it's very plain to me that he's not that important to them - so getting the same basic things from different sources ya kinda tend to think maybe they are right. And actually none of these people dislike him, they just more kinda have no respect for him and sort of roll their eyes about him. :) I personally couldn't care less about whether he wants to get married or not, I just find it hard to believe that he couldn't have found someone in all these many years that his daddy would let him marry if he really was wanting to get married. From what I hear, he maybe needed to raise his standards of who he wanted to be with, and then maybe they would have been appropriate/acceptable, whatever.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Here are the pics: They are from german mag BUNTE
Prince Albert actually got intimate with this woman?!?!?! She's not pretty but that's beside the point - she's cashing in or trying to on the notoriety. She's not doing anything useful or positive for child in the long run. I'm so embarrased for her.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Here is an article on the history of Monaco's rulers, and what lies ahead for Monaco's newest ruler, Prince Albert. It's pretty interesting and worth reading...

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/CourtJester/050729.html
I think the article was interesting but author or researcher should get his/her facts straight. It was mentioned in the article that Prince Louis II, Albert's great grandfather, was not the real son of Prince Albert I. According to the article, Louis II was the product of an affair bet. Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton (mother of Louis) and a Prussian officer, after she left Monaco within 5 months of her marriage to Prince Albert I. Prince Albert I and Lady Mary were married in Sept. 1869 and Lady Mary gave birth to Louis in July 1870. Even if with a premature birth, Louis would have been Albert I's son.

Other than that, it was a good article. Thanks, mw7060a.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
I think the article was interesting but author or researcher should get his/her facts straight. It was mentioned in the article that Prince Louis II, Albert's great grandfather, was not the real son of Prince Albert I. According to the article, Louis II was the product of an affair bet. Lady Mary Victoria Douglas (mother of Louis) and a Prussian officer, after she left Monaco 5 months after her marriage to Prince Albert I. Prince Albert I and Lady Mary Duglas were married in Sept. 1869 and Lady Mary gave birth to Louis in July 1870. Even if with a premature birth, Louis would have been Albert I's son.
That has been around for some time that Albert questioned paternity since she meet her second husband while on their honeymoon. Louis didn't look like a Grimaldi.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
That has been around for some time that Albert questioned paternity since she meet her second husband while on their honeymoon. Louis didn't look like a Grimaldi.
Oh, I have never heard of that, LadyMacAlpine. Thanks. But surely they have settled this paternity matter? They insisted on legitimizing Princess Charlotte, whereas the throne could've gone to the von Urachs of Germany, who were also Grimaldis (through Princess Florestine, I think)...... If Albert I doubted Louis was his, why did he insist that Louis come back to Monaco to assume his duties, and for Charlotte to be legitimized? Louis was born and raised in Germany, I think.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Closed Thread