HSH Prince Albert Current Events 9 : July 2005 - Aug.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monaco & Its Future...

What would you like to see Albert focus on for Monaco and its future?

Personally, I'd like to see Monaco become exceedingly conscientious
about world issues like poverty, lack of fresh water, animal cruelty, and global warming. I'd like to see Monaco take an active roll in finding intelligent solutions for these problems rather than simply donating money.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Perhaps we should be more considerate and stop talking about it. Just a thought.

I think you are right Lady MacAlpine. It isn't going to change the situation to be going around in circles.

"Albert has never hidden he isn't racist and dated whom he liked."

This is a really confussing sentence but I think your saying Albert dates whom he likes and is not concerned with race, therefore not a racist? (The double negative always confuses me.) I wasn't saying anything about that, or his being Gay, what I was saying was that the press made a big deal of NC race labeling Alexandre the "black prince". Clearly the most offensive and racist thing in this whole story. It sort of made sense to me for the palace to say, well, Rainer didn't like any of Albert's women. A statement I can't quite get behind because it's the kind of thing only Rainer and Albert would know. It's also a very broad statement which I think makes it more difficult to swallow.

leahteresa said:

This is a really confussing sentence but I think your saying Albert dates whom he likes and is not concerned with race, therefore not a racist? (The double negative always confuses me.)

As a linguist, I can tell you some languages use the double negative such as French. To them it is proper grammar, to us it is improper. But as they say in French "Chacun a son gout"--To each his own. (I don't have a keyboard that will put the circumflex over the "u" in gout. I need an international keyboard!:p

I think since the announcement that he is indeed the Alex's father, people in general have come question many of Albert's words and movements.

I don't question that intends and will be an excellent ruler of Monaco or the fact that he is a decent guy. But I think this was a wakeup call to him, that he couldn't keep up the "perfect" fiscade much longer. That he too, indeed was human whether his perfection was a subconscious or concious idea. He probably doesn't have it now. I am sure he is rethinking some things in his personal and royal life.

leahteresa said:

This is a really confussing sentence but I think your saying Albert dates whom he likes and is not concerned with race, therefore not a racist? (The double negative always confuses me.) I wasn't saying anything about that, or his being Gay, what I was saying was that the press made a big deal of NC race labeling Alexandre the "black prince". Clearly the most offensive and racist thing in this whole story. It sort of made sense to me for the palace to say, well, Rainer didn't like any of Albert's women. A statement I can't quite get behind because it's the kind of thing only Rainer and Albert would know. It's also a very broad statement which I think makes it more difficult to swallow.
Excusez-moi, je n'a pas signifié pour confondre n'importe qui doit être le Français dans moi. Translation. Excuse me, I didn't mean to confuse anyone must be the French in me.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Excusez-moi, je n'a pas signifié pour confondre n'importe qui doit être le Français dans moi. Translation. Excuse me, I didn't mean to confuse anyone must be the French in me.

C'est bien Lady MacAlpine. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de personnes aux Etats-Unis qui peux parler Francais comme nous! Translation: It's ok Lady MacAlpine. There are not many people in the United States who can speak French like us.
(not meant to be conceited)

tiaraprin said:
C'est bien Lady MacAlpine. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de personnes aux Etats-Unis qui peux parler Francais comme nous! Translation: It's ok Lady MacAlpine. There are not many people in the United States who can speak French like us.
(not meant to be conceited)

Oh la . Hé bien. I learned something tonight with the double negatives being incorrect in English. And I'm glad to see that at least two of you will understand (and I hope forgive) my strange charabia once in a while. French being my first and main language, I probably construct my sentences accordingly.

So we are 3 who could chit and chat with Albert in his Mom or Dad's language.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Oh la . Hé bien. I learned something tonight with the double negatives being incorrect in English. And I'm glad to see that at least two of you will understand (and I hope forgive) my strange charabia once in a while. French being my first and main language, I probably construct my sentences accordingly.

C'est vrai Princesse. J'ai etudie le Francais il y avait dix ans et je suis une prof des langues. Pardonnez-moi pour n'avoir mettre les accents etc. Je ne peux pas les mettre avec un "keyboard" vieux!!:p

LadyMacAlpine said:
He looks a little on the hot side.

Ok...from one extreme to the other. I'd be willing to cool PA down with an ice cube across his manly chest. :p

Thanks for the photo's. Careful MW I'm a Scorpio and a redhead to boot that tail might give you a nasty sting if you get to friendly with those cubes. :D

Princess BellyFlop said:

Honestly ladies while I do have French ancestry I don't speak it I was being cute and used a translator. I tried a couple of years ago to learn it when my boyfriend wanted me to so when I immigrated I would be able to speak it and be able to get work easier since he wanted me to immigrate on my own not a fiancee visa. But I will translate anything since I'm still willing to learn and want to.

Some other pics of Nicole and Alexandre from Olycom:

000001w.jpg
000008w.jpg

000003w.jpg
000001w.jpg

Ever wonder why you never see her with her other children? No money there.

Okay Albert we are waiting when are you going to make an announcement you are engaged or married so the subject can change off of Nicole? Its not going away unless you do even then I wonder. I have a dress, a diamond ring in my safe and a wedding band I wear on my idex finger all it needs is sizeing for the ring finger for something borrowed, your eyes are blue, something new is the bride, something old you are over 40 that classifies you as old to the kids.

As much as I'm not very interested in Nicole, and would welcome a change of subject, Alexandre is here to stay, he will always be Albert's son, and so news about him and his mother will never cease. Whatever Albert does, he won't be able to keep attention away from Alexandre in my opinion, and thus from Nicole.

BTW, we can't really see her with her other kids as she lost custody of them (I don't think the reason was ever confirmed), so I guess she has now moved to Villefranche only with Alexandre...

Kisses

Grace said:
As much as I'm not very interested in Nicole, and would welcome a change of subject, Alexandre is here to stay, he will always be Albert's son, and so news about him and his mother will never cease. Whatever Albert does, he won't be able to keep attention away from Alexandre in my opinion, and thus from Nicole.

BTW, we can't really see her with her other kids as she lost custody of them (I don't think the reason was ever confirmed), so I guess she has now moved to Villefranche only with Alexandre...

Kisses
I know he is not what I was saying.

You certainly are not, but it would probably be a nicer thing to post the transaltions in english, since others may not understand.

Unless any language goes here, of course.

If you would like that, fine, but since there are people in here who really can understand more than just 1 or 2 languages beside english (i.e. dutch, german, italien, portuguese, arabic, punjabi, urdu, japanese and so on...)

I just think it would be nicer to make posts in english...:)

but that's just my own opinion

she said a couple of things on the issue of her other ex and older kids -- I think it's a matter of time when the photographer get them in a photo.

1. she said she was not married in a church.
2. her ex is about 15 yrs. older than her (about same as PA).
3. she was separated, but not yet divorced when she started her affair w/PA.
4. she got a divorce in 1998, the next year after meeting (and starting an affair w/PA).
5. she said she lost custody of her 2 boys because her ex could not stand that she was 'so close to Albert' (her words).

My guess is that if he so much did not like that she was 'so close to PA' then he probably flipped when he saw her in the medias -- he may never let her see those 2 kids again because he may not want the paprazzis disturbing his own life, especially since he has kids w/her and she went talking to the news herself and doing photo spreads after...

that is the last I will say on her...

Last edited:
It's sounds rather absurd for her to say that she lost custody because her ex did not like that she was so close to Albert. It seems to me Nicole's ex did not like her new boyfriend. I know yor just quoting but I think there's much more to that then she's letting on.:) Maybe he didn't like the possible media attention on his kids, or maybe he was just a jelous spiteful husband that couldn't handle another man around his kids - even if for a little time. I thought Nicole had lost custody of her children before the story broke.

I don't really think that its his choice that she not see her children anymore. She would have to be harming her children pretty badly for that to happen & if she was Albert would no doubt take full custody of Alexandre. If its just because of her noteriety or new found fame (whatever you want to call it :p ) that's pretty silly. That would be like saying lets take custody of all famous peoples children because whomever doesn't think its good for them. The best idea would be to try to keep them out of the public eye. As fir her seeing her other sons a court would decide this not her ex-husband don't you think? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Your ex not liking your new love is not a reason - at least here in Canada - for losing custody of your children. Especially if you are the mother.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Your ex not liking your new love is not a reason - at least here in Canada - for losing custody of your children. Especially if you are the mother.

Right, that's more or less what I was trying to say. You just did it more to the point.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom