The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

rude? no way, you were not being rude, just asking a perfectly legitimate question :)

Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Tosca dear friend I was going by what was written in an Internet article said an official statement would be made on July 7th on the Nicole Alexandre thing when she filed against Albert. Its only next week now that he's in control lets see what else occurs. Albert you won round one now go after the rest and show the people what you are made of Champ.
Then, I must have missed something, sorry. I just bought my "CHI" copy this morning and viewed the picture of the house near Monaco where Nicole and her kids are going to live. Not bad! I wish I also had a "close encounter" with a prince. Ha,ha!
I also read in that article that the Nicole thing it's all a stunt planned by the Palace public relation people to make hers a household name among the Monegasques and around the world.

P.S. Lady Mac, my thoughts and prayers are with your kid

Old 06-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Courtier

IF

If this whole thing of Nicole going to the press (accordingly through betrayal by a family member) to reveal Alexandre thereby getting her name and condition out to the world so Albert is 'forced' to marry her and make his heir legitimate is being orchestrated by the Palace to put an acceptable spin on the entire situation...I would have to commend the advisors on a brilliant job. Its stupid and ill-advised but quite something.

However, I think the theory entire hogwash.

Since Thierry is now being truthfully quoted as saying there will be an official announcement on the 7th (though whether it will merely be about arrangements on the 12th or something bigger remains to be confirmed) and that is only a week away, let us all take a deep breath and wait.

We are putting waaaaaaay too much energy into something we cannot change for either side. We can whine after we actually KNOW something.

NotDani
Old 06-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert wins damages case

June 30, 2005

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...9-1702,00.html
Old 06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

[b]Albert II devrait communiquer le 7 juillet sur l'état civil du petit Alexandre

PARIS (AFP) - Albert II devrait donner "des instructions pour compléter l'état civil" d'Alexandre, l'enfant de 21 mois présenté par sa mère comme le fils du prince, à la fin du deuil monégasque, et publier un communiqué 7 juillet, a indiqué jeudi l'avocat de la mère du garçon.

Jusqu'à présent, la Principauté s'est refusé à tout commentaire sur cette affaire. Me Thierry Lacoste, avocat de la famille Grimaldi, avait indiqué mercredi qu'un communiqué à ce sujet serait publié le 7 juillet.

"Nous attendons avec impatience le 7 juillet", a déclaré Me Daniel Vaconsin, avocat parisien de Nicole Coste, ex-hôtesse de l'air d'origine togolaise, qui affirme avoir eu une liaison avec le prince Albert dont elle aurait eu un fils.

Nicole Coste a été reçue à la mi-juin par le président du tribunal de grande instance de Paris, afin que lui soit communiquée une reconnaissance de paternité qu'aurait faite, devant notaire, Albert II de Monaco, selon l'avocat.

"Elle ne l'a pas obtenue pour une raison essentielle: le notaire a indiqué que son client allait lui donner les instructions pour compléter l'état civil de cet enfant dès la fin du deuil monégasque", a ajouté Me Vaconsin. "Le fera-t-il? Je ne le sais pas", a-t-il ajouté.

La période de deuil officiel suivant la mort du prince Rainier III s'achève le 6 juillet. "Le 7, un communiqué doit être publié", a ajouté l'avocat.

Prince Albert could be accept that he is the father of the baby
Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well this article basically says the same that we've been reading these last days, a communique will be made on July 7. In 1 week!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I do remember that post. BTW it's good that your baby is coming back home :)
Old 06-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Here is a link to an article in the Diario Digital that says Prince Albert plans to recognize the paternity of Alexandre after the mourning period is over.

http://translate.google.com/translat...3D%26biw%3D765

Alberto of the Mónaco goes to recognize paternity of a boy
Alberto prince 2º of the Mónaco will have to almost recognize the paternity of a boy of two years, in next day 7 to July. The child is fruit of the relation with a hostess of togolesa origin. The decision will be officialized soon that it finishes the period of I fight for the death of Rainier prince.

Speaking to the journalists, the lawyer of the mother of the child, Nicole Coste, advanced that the young "wait with impatience day 7 of July". The Prince of the Mónaco, that goes up to the throne in day 12, will have "to give instructions to normalize the legal situation of small Alexander". according to lawyer, Nicole Coste was received in middle of June for the president of a Court of Paris, having to it then been communicated that the recognition would be carried through before a notary. Such still did not only happen because Alberto gave "instructions to normalize the civil state of meninno when to finish the period of I fight in the Mónaco". The real family of the principality still did not make any commentary to the subject, keeping the respect for fights it of three months for the death of Rainier prince, in the past day 6 of April.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I can and think its great.
I agree, invasion of privacy is also a destroying of someone's solitude.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
So happy your kid is coming back home soon., LadyMac! Big hugs.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Just thought you might be interested in the Hello magazine special report on Prince Albert II.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...agina_1_1.html
Old 07-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
So, this suit was not about them allegedly printing untruths, but about breach of privacy? Interesting. If that is correct, it pretty much makes it appear that Nicole was telling the truth after all.
Just because they call it a 'breach of privacy' suit does not exclude that there were/are other charges included. It also does not mean that everything that she said in the interview she made were/are true either.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
IF

If this whole thing of Nicole going to the press (accordingly through betrayal by a family member) to reveal Alexandre thereby getting her name and condition out to the world so Albert is 'forced' to marry her and make his heir legitimate is being orchestrated by the Palace to put an acceptable spin on the entire situation...I would have to commend the advisors on a brilliant job. Its stupid and ill-advised but quite something.

However, I think the theory entire hogwash.

Since Thierry is now being truthfully quoted as saying there will be an official announcement on the 7th (though whether it will merely be about arrangements on the 12th or something bigger remains to be confirmed) and that is only a week away, let us all take a deep breath and wait.

We are putting waaaaaaay too much energy into something we cannot change for either side. We can whine after we actually KNOW something.

NotDani
I like that idea Suonymona :p -- I shall therefore try again to hold all my 'whining' for later .

Although I must say that if Palais would do such a thing like that I cannot understand how they would think it so funny or nice at all to cause such an uproar over that woman
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
It's a nice write up, isn't it? i like it :)

i though that world music awards show went to different locations in the US & EU . Does somebody know?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This was posted in another Forum don't know how accurate it is.Theres a Privacy law that one of the media people posted I didn't save it, wish I did. Anyways Nicole also breached Alberts right to Privacy a person can be fined or put in jail for a year. From what Alberts Lawyer had said somewhere, if you can believe everything you read, she is suppose to pay back all the money she recieved from selling her story. I don't know if she has to pay this to Albert or give it back to the tablods.
The person who posted the above info posted this as a follow up. Says why Albert won the suit.
Quote:
Personality rights in civil law

In contrast with common law jurisdictions most civil law jurisdictions have specific civil code provisions that protect an individual's image, personal data and other generally private information. Exceptions have been carved out of these general, broad privacy rights when dealing with news and public figures. Thus, while it may violate someone's privacy to speak about his medical condition, if he were the President of France, one can speak about his public life and even a famous person such as Princess Caroline of Monaco is entitled to live her private life without the interference of paparazzi with telescoping lenses.

Unlike most common law jurisdiction the personality rights in civil law are generally inheritable, thus one can make a claim against someone who invades the privacy of a deceased relative if the memory of their character is besmirched by such publication.

[edit]

Personality rights in France

In France personality rights are protected under article 9 of the French civil code. While publicly known facts and images of public figures are not generally protected, use of someone's image or personal history has been held actionable under French law. The most famous case in recent history is perhaps the publication of the book on François Mitterrand called Le Grand Secret in which Mitterrand's doctor published a book that not only revealed private facts about Mr. Mitterrand's life, but also revealed medical confidences protected by doctor-patient privilege.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

If anyone is interested Albert is still busy making appointments building his cabinet. http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/PortGb Three more days left of the mourning period.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing how fast 3 months have gone by already. Can't wait for Thursday.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

pics from deadline press photo on 1st july.

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc
Old 07-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

Here is an article from the Guardian that states Prince Albert plans to recognize Alexandre after the mourning period is over:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...521232,00.html
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Here is an article from the Guardian that states Prince Albert plans to recognize Alexandre after the mourning period is over:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...521232,00.html
Seems a far better deal than she got working as a mere stewardess at Air France :)