HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lillia said:
Sounds a little fishy to me. While her tactic seems a little heavy handed, I can understand her point. He had his 'amusement', now he should claim the kid, if it is his.

God forbid what if something happened to Albert (we wish him much success and long proserpous reign) and nobody knew this child existed, his estate would put a royal battle on caring for the boy at all. Those assistants of his could lie about even knowing anything of the boy. He should better take care of his business. Sad.
According to Nicole Albert has been taking care of her and her family. I can assure you in my country he has done more then most American father's would. She should have waited to show respect to him for the mourning period as requested. I wonder how much her ex-husband provided for his two. If Albert provided an apartment for her, etc., then apparently not as much. I'm sorry I view things from the stand point of having been a single mother.

No one seems to be understanding the rules Albert is forced to live by until July 6, 2005, he can't publicly acknowledge if Alexandre is or isn't his child. Nor for that matter Jazim or any other child he might have. Tamara tried to get Albert to acknowledge Jazim by filing the paternity suit. Nicole said she didn't have to Albert had the tests done. If in fact Alexandre is Albert's child he gave Nicole, Alexandre, and his brother's a gift of allowing the time for the child to develop away from the camera flashes. The paparazzi will now be at every corner and door way once they walk out the door or with zoom lens to see in to their home and private life. Sort of how all the photos get to the Forum taken in private. I can tell you exactly how it feels to open a paper to see your picture in it you weren't aware it had been taken. I looked at one and tried to figure out where he had been to take it. Standing in a busy intersection not only endangering his own life but that of others. As the
paparazzi that were responsible for the death of Princess Diana not a drunk driver. Nicole will now be treated as the other Grimaldi's chased for photo's. None of her 3 children will live a normal life again. Jazim still has photo's taken of her even though the Palace made a statement that she wasn't Albert's child.

Anyone ever think that perhaps Albert hasn't legally married and had a child yet isn't just because of his father not approving of his girlfriends since I recently told you Rainier thought Alicia was charming. That would mean he liked her only Albert wasn't in love with her. Wanting to give your child things you didn't isn't uncommon. I want it for mine. I don't think Albert was afraid of his father more he respected him and his opinion.

I understand what you are saying LadyMacAlpine; it is still unfortunate that she did that. Pr. Albert has his reasons for not being public about the situation. I think her timing and method is questionable, that is what I meant.

But I can also understand that she would be concerned if nobody in that circle knew that the boy belonged to him. That is, if she is actually worried about something.

It is obvious that she has already benefitted from him providing for her and other children, so I wonder what her reason would be for becoming so aggressive. It looks a little like she just does not want to let go of the relationship w/Albert or perhaps she thinks she deserves priveledges because she is the mother of this child. She comes across like she is trying to demand things for herself but using the child as a cover.

I think there was a comment that she was planning to move to the French Riveria so the baby could be close to his father -- sounds rather selfish and strange to me. She seems calculating; Albert can get to the boy wherever he is in the world, she does not need to camp out on his door step.

What about how 'close' the other kids are to their own father -- you know, her ex husband? Why would she drag them so physically far away from their papa? Where is he in all of this?

I don't understand why is she so insisting that Alexandre be close to his 'alleged father', while at the same time she is saying she will move (I suppose her other children would go with her) and put more distance between her other children and the ex-husband. Has she no concern for those childrens' relationship with him?

That's all I was saying -- I like Albert.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I understand what you are saying LadyMacAlpine; it is still unfortunate that she did that. I think her timing and method is questionable, that is what I meant. I can also understand that she would be concerned if nobody in that circle knew that the boy belonged to him. I do think she has already benefitted from him providing for her and her children, so I wonder what her reason would be for becoming so aggressive. It looks a little like she does not want to let go of the relationship w/Albert or perhaps she thinks she deserves priveledges because she is the mother of this child.

I think there was a comment that she was planning to move to the French Riveria so the baby could be close to his father -- sounds rather selfish to me. What about how close the other kids are to their father -- you know, her ex? Why is she so insisting that Alexandre be close to his alleged father, while at the same time she is saying she will move (I suppose her other children would go with her) and put more distance between those children and their father.

That's all I was saying -- I like Albert.
I understand what you were saying. Many don't understand the situation like Nicole to have pushed it as she did. She made a statement about how it was a joy for an African man to have a child not shameful. Albert isn't African nor is he prejudice I don't feel he was ashamed either she failed to see the situation isn't that same as with a commoner or where she comes from. This is a definition of protocol a code prescribing strict adherence to correct etiquette and precedence (as in diplomatic exchange and in the military services).

I like Albert too and think when he can he will do what is right loving children the way he does.

I do not think race has anything to do with this - I agree with you -- I still think she is unnecessary pushy and confrontational and demanding and she wants special privelege or something. If he is already giving her a fancy address in Paris and alot of money, why jump up and down? Maybe she is getting bad advice or something; somebody is whispering crazy things in her ear:confused: .

She should have known that one cannot have a baby with expactation to keep a man -- does not matter who the man is, when it's over it's over.

Maybe she thinks she should get a palace w/servants or something then say it is the baby's right to have all of that (2 year olds do not care about servants, you know). A cultural conflict is plausible, but she was working for Air France, it is an international company and she would have been meeting people from all over the world, so she should know better how to conduct herself and that everyone does not see everything the way she does.

I don't think Albert is ashamed of any children. I sincerely think she is trying to force him to give her special priveledge or to continue some kind of association or else she will behave like she is a victim of him or something.
How ridiculous.
I think she is immature; she got starry glitter-dust in her eyes after being around him and cannot see anything else; she does not want to be regular after being around all of that posh stuff.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
I understand what you were saying. Many don't understand the situation like Nicole to have pushed it as she did. She made a statement about how it was a joy for an African man to have a child not shameful. Albert isn't African nor is he prejudice I don't feel he was ashamed either she failed to see the situation isn't that same as with a commoner or where she comes from. This is a definition of protocol a code prescribing strict adherence to correct etiquette and precedence (as in diplomatic exchange and in the military services).

I like Albert too and think when he can he will do what is right loving children the way he does.

Just got in from work. I agree with you also and again, Lady MacAlpine! I don't believe he has a prejudice bone in his body, and actually, I don't think his siblings do either. Nor do I believe that his parents were prejudice; they were just brought up during a different time frame where people though different.

Albert will be an outstanding Ruler and I want him to be happy in his life!

I liked the post in the other thread where he spoke in Warsaw.

I have to do this because it's a clear way of showing how to press makes mistakes and people believe them. This was in the HoustonChronicle 05-14-05. Everyone knows that Tamara did in fact give blood samples by her own admission. Someone messed it up and others followed with it.
While the palace remained stonily silent, the prince's lawyer spoke ominously of developing "a judicial strategy." Nor is this the only paternity claim looming over the 47-year-old bachelor prince. A week after he became ruler of Monaco on April 6, an American woman announced that he is the father of her 13-year-old daughter, but she has refused to allow a paternity test.

Last edited:
Well, I guess like you said already -- just have to wait and see. I still think this Nicole wants extra ordinary special priveledges and recognitions from royal circle.

Last edited:
Here is another I just found interesting in the Philadelphia Daily News 05-17-05
• Monaco's Prince Albert is suing Britain's Daily Mail, German magazine Bunte and Paris-Match for breach of privacy.

The San Francisco Chronicle's "Daily Dish" says Albert is steamed because of stories claiming he's the father of an ex-flight attendant's son.

The odd part? He is.

Nicole Coste, the boy's mother, told Paris-Match that Albert signed the child's birth certificate, confirming his paternity.

The DNA tests? The prince's own lawyer, Thierry Lacoste, says they prove Albert is the father.

To summarize: A reigning monarch fathers a child out of wedlock with a stewardess. She comes forward and tells the world he's the father and DNA proves he's the father.

Tattle's no lawyer but if Prince Albert has a case, we're closing up shop.
I emailed the other paper to tell them their writer did an ooooooooooppppssssssss

Good for you, LadyMacAlpine:)

I think Albert would be upset about these papers not giving him a chance to know before they printed all that. I would be upset too to be blindsided by all those aggressive things she said.

While he may not be able to keep them from printing stories like that, he does have the right to protect his name from bad press.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Good for you, LadyMacAlpine:)

I think Albert would be upset about these papers not giving him a chance to know before they printed all that. I would be upset too to be blindsided by all those aggressive things she said.

While he may not be able to keep them from printing stories like that, he does have the right to protect his name from bad press.
Yes he does. Here is the link to the HoustonChronicle who posted the story. Anyone care to join me to comment to them jump in. http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/editorial/outlook/3181853

LadyMacAlpine said:
If in fact Alexandre is Albert's child he gave Nicole, Alexandre, and his brother's a gift of allowing the time for the child to develop away from the camera flashes. The paparazzi will now be at every corner and door way once they walk out the door or with zoom lens to see in to their home and private life. Sort of how all the photos get to the Forum taken in private. I can tell you exactly how it feels to open a paper to see your picture in it you weren't aware it had been taken. I looked at one and tried to figure out where he had been to take it. Standing in a busy intersection not only endangering his own life but that of others. As the
paparazzi that were responsible for the death of Princess Diana not a drunk driver. Nicole will now be treated as the other Grimaldi's chased for photo's. None of her 3 children will live a normal life again. Jazim still has photo's taken of her even though the Palace made a statement that she wasn't Albert's child.

And yet she says she wants her child to live a normal life. Not when the alleged father is a Prince and papparazzi will be anywhere and everywhere you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
it breaks my heart to think that a mother could use her child in such a way. having children is a privilege, a gift and to use your child to get material things is shameful.
I swear, people should have a license to breed.

semisquare said:
it breaks my heart to think that a mother could use her child in such a way. having children is a privilege, a gift and to use your child to get material things is shameful.
I swear, people should have a license to breed.
I think a lot of people feel she did it for money but she claims no and a source said she didn't get paid for the article she did it to get Albert to publicly acknowledge her son. Where she comes from it might be a bigger deal to have a fathers name on the birth certificate then in other places. Stephanie's youngest doesn't have a father listed. Its the children who pay for the parents actions. If I was in Nicole's shoes and he was caring for my child and I, I would still be sitting quietly waiting and thankful the press didn't know about me.

LadyMacAlpine If I was in Nicole's shoes and he was caring for my child and I said:
I totally agree. She's damned lucky he's providing for the child. There are so many women who don't have that priviledge.

Sporting good fun

monaco05.jpg
An older picture of Albert with Greg Speirs. Caption with the photos of them. Prince Albert of Monaco commissioned the well known sports artist to create artwork for all four of the Prince's Olympic bobsleds which appeared in the 1995 World Cup Bobsled Championships and 1998 Olympics.

monaco01.jpg
monaco03.jpg

Why would Jazmin Grimaldi be at Rainier's funeral if there wasn't some sort of connection? I mean assuming that she has had no contact with the family since the palace has stated that Albert is not her father, why would she go?
Something seems fishy...

If she is his daughter (which she could be - the palace could have lied) this would be a perfect example of the mother coming out years ago with the claim of Jazmin being Albert's daughter & after all of the press, them coming to an agreement and handling caregiving/custodial situation quietly. I haven't heard any comments come from Rottolo since the claim was made years ago. I know I'm jumping the gun here but hmmm....

Well I never saw Jazmin Grace on any photographs of the funeral. I think it must be once again a rumor.

The press is being very harsh with Albert in these hard times while the family is still mourning a great and sad loss and don't even feel like speaking up to clear up all this mess.

lashinka2002 said:
If she is his daughter (which she could be - the palace could have lied) this would be a perfect example of the mother coming out years ago with the claim of Jazmin being Albert's daughter & after all of the press, them coming to an agreement and handling caregiving/custodial situation quietly. I haven't heard any comments come from Rottolo since the claim was made years ago. I know I'm jumping the gun here but hmmm....
According to Cody Enterprise publisher as of 1998 Tamara was still waiting for Albert to acknowledge Jazim as his. July 6 should bring interesting news from Monaco.

Yes July 6 will bring very interesting news as well the days before July 12 or July 12 when the Heir might be announced.

monaco70s said:
Yes July 6 will bring very interesting news as well the days before July 12 or July 12 when the Heir might be announced.
Caroline is the heir until Albert marries to make one of the children legitimate. Or marries another woman and has a child.

I hope it hasn't been posted yet!

The Current Line of Succession

The line of succession is determined by application of the Constitution of 1962, as revised in 2002, the treaty of 2002 with France (cited in article 1 of the Constitution), the house laws of 1882 as modified in 2002, and by Monegasque law where applicable. From 1918 to 2002, the constitution and the treaty with France restricted the line of succession to the "direct or adoptive" line of the reigning Prince (art. 3 of the Treaty). Article 10 of the Constitution, as it read until 2002, excluded collateral succession, including the descent of Rainier's sister Antoinette as well as the Urachs and any other collateral branches.

The change to the succession laws in 2002

A law of 2 April 2002 modified article 10. Adoption is now ruled out, and the succession passes, upon death or abdication, to the direct legitimate descent of the previous prince, failing which to his siblings and their descent, failing which to a collateral heir chosen by the Regency Council and the Crown Council in agreement (the composition of the Crown Council is set in art. 75 of the constitution and includes 7 members appointed for 3 years, 4 nominated by the Prince and 3 by the legislature; the composition of the Regency Council is determined by the House laws).

Thus the throne can now pass from Albert II to his sisters and their children. The new law, however, restricts succession to persons holding Monegasque citizenship at the time of the demise of the previous prince. Laws governing Monegasque citizenship (which is no longer defined in the Constitution) should be promulgated soon.

Upon the accession of Albert II, Antoinette and her issue automatically ceased to be in the line of succession, but they remain potential heirs in the event of Rainier's line dying out completely.

At present, the order of succession (ignoring the restriction to persons who are Monegasque citizens at the time of the demise of the crown) is thus:
  1. HRH the Princess of Hanover (Princess Caroline, b. 23 Jan 1957), widow of Stefano Casiraghi (1960-90)
  2. Andrea Casiraghi (b. 8 Jun 1984)
  3. Pierre Casiraghi (b. 5 Sep 1987)
  4. Charlotte Casiraghi (b. 3 Aug 1986)
  5. Alexandra of Hanover (b. 20 July 1999)
  6. HSH Princess Stephanie (b. 1 Feb 1965), married June 1995 to Daniel Ducruet (b. 1964)
  7. Louis Ducruet (b. 26 Nov 1992)
  8. Pauline Ducruet (b. 4 May 1994)
Although Stephanie's children were born before her marriage, Monegasque civil law, like French law, provides that natural children are fully and completely legitimized by the marriage of their parents (article 227 of the Monegasque Civil Code states in part: "Les enfants nés hors mariage, autres que les enfants adultérins, sont légitimés par le mariage subséquent de leurs père et mère, lorsque ceux-ci les ont légalement reconnus avant leur mariage ou qu'ils les reconnaissent au moment de la célébration." while art. 229 states: "Les enfants légitimés par le mariage subséquent auront les mêmes droits que s'ils étaient nés de ce mariage"). They are thus apt to succeed. Stéphanie's last child Camille Marie Kelly Grimaldi (b. 15 Jul 1998) of undeclared father, is not (yet) legitimate and thus not in line. Rainier III's sister is HSH Princess Antoinette, born Antoinette Grimaldi, who had three children, by Alexandre Noghès: Elisabeth-Ann (b. 1947), Christian (b. 1949), Christine (1951-89), They were legitimated by the marriage of their parents in 1951. They were named at birth Grimaldi, but by ordinance of November 15, 1951 their names were all changed to "de Massy" (source: Christian de Massy: Palace: my life in the royal family of Monaco. London: Bodley Head, 1986). They all had issue. They and their issue of monegasque nationality could be chosen as successors in case a reigning prince dies or abdicates without issue and without siblings having issue. However, they cannot be placed in an order of succession, since the choice of which collateral heir would be called to the throne is entirely up to the Regency Council and the Crown Council.

The House Law of 29 May 2002 provides additional regulations. The prince can abdicate. The heir (apparent or presumptive) is called Hereditary Prince. The hereditary prince can renounce his rights in writing. Marriages of members of the family must be approved by the prince; if a member marries without approval, he and his issue are excluded from the succession, unless the marriage ends without any issue before a demise of the crown. The house law also provides in detail for regencies.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Caroline is the heir until Albert marries to make one of the children legitimate. Or marries another woman and has a child.

I know, but she could give up her rights like Princess Charlotte did back in 1944 in favor Rainier and Prince Louis was still alive.

It's been suggested that Pr. Albert will sue Bunte, Paris Match and the Daily Mail, so I'm wondering if he's going to sue also his friend Silvana's Chi, which also carried the pix and the Nicole story. Do you know more, Grace?

Cant Albert change the constitution if he so pleases. It may be alot of work but it can be done can't it?

As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed that Jazmin was there. I was hoping some people who watched the funeral would be able to say, but there is no reason to believe she would have been filmed anyway since most don't know who she is.

Nicole claimed that she and her child went to the Palace to say goodbye to Rainier on the Palatine Chapel. Everything is so weird. In fact I saw a pic of Albert with Nicole together during a sports event in Monaco.

Regarding Chi, I know nothing, but I guess if the magazine is not sued it will be because they merely bought the story from other mags; we'll have to wait and see...

As for Constitutional changes, I'm afraid there's still some little problems: Monaco is a sovereign State "to a certain extent"; according to the old Constitution, if the Grimaldis didn't produce an heir, the Principality would be annexed by France; that's why the Constitutional change of 2002 was in fact a treaty between France and Monaco. The problem is that the treaty has not yet been ratified by French National assembly (Parliament) so it is a difficult Costitutional issue which version of the Costitution would apply if the Sovereign throne was vacant before the treaty is actually ratified.

I'm sure the Constitution will soon be ratified, but at present things are in transition, and I sincerely doubt Albert will want or will be able to negotiate a new Constitutional change in the near future.

As for Caroline, I doubt anything will be announced in July as any statement would be viewd as an implicit admission that Albert has no intentions of producing a legitimate heir. Caroline or Andrea won't be appointed offcially heirs, even if they are at the moment...

I hope I was clear as the Costitutional thing was a little difficult to explain,

Kisses

ETA: one thing about Nicole: She wanted to be invited in place of her 2 year illegitimate (at the moment) son to a State funeral! She is either VERY naive or very cunning! I don't want to judge without knowing but the demand of a villa in Cote d'Azur makes me believe she is more cunning that naive, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Albert has a big problem to deal with...

Last edited:
lashinka2002 said:
Cant Albert change the constitution if he so pleases. It may be alot of work but it can be done can't it?
He can make changes if necessary. I don't think at this point there is a need for changes. His father and him worked for 6 years to meet all the conditions to become a member of the Counsel of Europe. I believe France had to agree to the changes as well. They have also become recognized by France as an independent that if the Grimaldi line should die out France will not incorporate it as so many reporters have said would happen when Albert wasn't getting married or having children. In many ways the new changes took the pressure off of Albert on a personal level to feel the demand to marry and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom