The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Nobility

Hey all, enjoyed the posts....I like opinions and like eveyone...I got one....Purely speculation on my part...In the interview Al. did on Larry King I distictly remember him saying, when the time comes I'll do my duty, as a reference to marriage and an heir. It also came out that his father didn't like any of his girlfriends (maybe) and he is planning to marry after his fathers death. I sort of think he has a couple women in mind, not Nicole, and Nicole knows it. I mean, if they met in 1997 and she's been around 5 years (I think that's what I read) and he last saw the baby in February....is it not possible that he has been seeing other women and that this "relationship/love child" revelation might really go to hurting his potential or actual relationship/s with other women?

That's sort of convuluted but does anyone get what I mean? I'm not necessarily talking about women he's been photographed with but women friends or even just potential spouses. Seems to me she's marking her territory in the only way she can. It's probably going to be a while before he can shake this off.

I also think he should keep his mouth shut about all of it, even after the mourning period is over. If he comes out and says something, she retalitates...and on and on. It's almost like he is sinking to her level. But that's just my two cents.

Purely opinion and specutlation on my part...Aloha...from the paradise of Hawaii.....

Old 05-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Royal Highness

Here's a recent photo that I found yesterday of Miss Coste and Alexandre. Dated 5-18-05..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nicole Coste and Alexandre 5-18-05.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	151441  

Old 05-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Here's a recent photo that I found yesterday of Miss Coste and Alexandre. Dated 5-18-05..

Thanks for the pic, nice to see an everyday life pic of them besides those professional pics that were on her interviews.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa

I also think he should keep his mouth shut about all of it, even after the mourning period is over. If he comes out and says something, she retalitates...and on and on. It's almost like he is sinking to her level. But that's just my two cents.
I'm sure that if he says anything about this matter he will do it with class and professionally, he won't go selling the story to the magazines or TV shows. If he talks about it publicly I'm sure he will only do it once.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Here's a recent photo that I found yesterday of Miss Coste and Alexandre. Dated 5-18-05.
i wonder if she is happy now, since the cat is out the bag. and she will be follow by the media. my advice, always dress nice even when u r going to the grocery store.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Courtier

I have now sympathy for her! But maybe I missed something, where are her other children? Or is this child the "Cash Cow"? (No slur to the child at all intended).
Old 05-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i wonder if she is happy now, since the cat is out the bag. and she will be follow by the media. my advice, always dress nice even when u r going to the grocery store.
Good advice!:)
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

The boy is really cute. If you go to the old thread of Prince Albert (the previous one, it si closed now) and to the last page of it you will see some pics. He is soo cute. The mom is pretty, but better with hair. But I don't think he would have married her.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
I have now sympathy for her! But maybe I missed something, where are her other children? Or is this child the "Cash Cow"? (No slur to the child at all intended).
I am trying to feel bad for her, but I'm finding myself feeling bad for her for a really different reason due to the more I read the various interviews that she made. To me, she lets out different bits and pieces. I saw in a magazine (le Point, not that great) that claims she spoke to them too that she lost/gave up/gave back custody of her other 2 children because her ex was not giving her any support. She claimed that he was not supportive of her being 'so close to Albert' (I think). I do not think that any of that matters and it does not make her into a bad person at all, either.

Is this true? I do not know, I just saw it in a magazine that claims she spoke to them on her ordeal.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

"[QUOTE=leahteresa]Hey all, enjoyed the posts....I like opinions and like eveyone...I got one....Purely speculation on my part...In the interview Al. did on Larry King I distictly remember him saying, when the time comes I'll do my duty, as a reference to marriage and an heir. It also came out that his father didn't like any of his girlfriends (maybe) and he is planning to marry after his fathers death. I sort of think he has a couple women in mind, not Nicole, and Nicole knows it. I mean, if they met in 1997 and she's been around 5 years (I think that's what I read) and he last saw the baby in February....is it not possible that he has been seeing other women and that this "relationship/love child" revelation might really go to hurting his potential or actual relationship/s with other women?"

Makes sense to me; I hope he puts this matter in court so neither of them can speak about it publically anymore. That's just my opinion. I also hope that if it is his son, if he does visit the boy again, he does it very apart from the mother. I do not wish ill for her in any way, but in my opinion, he need not further encourage her with his presence. It could be better to help her let go and find someone else to love. I would be surprised if he marries/takes up with her again. Again, all this is just my opinion, which means nothing.

I saw in a magazine (le Pointe) that claims she spoke to them on this issue of her attending the funeral mass;

"Parce que moi, j’ai perdu ma mère lorsue j’attendais mon fils aîné, et cela a été une très grande douleur. J'ai pensé que si je venais à cette messe Albert pourrait me regarder de temps à autre et à travers moi il verrait son fils, il verrait que la vie continue. Et puis les funérailles de Ranier, c’est l’enterrement du grand-père de mon fils, tout de même.”

In my opinion, this at first sounds like a noble enough reason; but then again, if he has already made it clear by his action to her that he has not want communication/contact with her (I guess, I do not know), I do not understand this all of this thinking.

Again, I am no expert but it sounds a little like the response of somebody gives if they are determined to try to make a connection to another person no matter what the occasion.

I don't know. But at least I found the answer to my question of why she strongly needed to go to this funeral. (I admit it; I guess I have nothing better to do at the moment).
Old 05-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

let me see if i understand u lillia-during an interview nicole said that she wanted to go to prince rainer's funeral? also, that she was trying to contact albert but for whatever reason he did not want to talk to her? why did nicole want to go to the funeral? cause i dont under stand french so what was mention in your comment above i cant read
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

semisquare --

I am very sorry for causuing a misunderstanding; what I meant was that she wanted to go to the funeral. She does say this in the interview. I interprete the article to have said in it that she was having to go thru the lawyers for just about everything -- meaning that Albert was (probably) not communicating w/her too much -- but I do not know that for sure, obviously -- I probably messed up the translation. Sorry.

It seems that by the time of Ranier's funeral, she was not speaking easily w/Albert or rather finding it really hard to speak with him unlike in the past (I suppose, but I do not know this for certain). I think she had to go thru the lawyers for most everything, but I do not know for everything.

In one article that claims she gave them an interview they ask about this and say that she made her wish know that she really wanted to go to the funeral, to pay her respects to Ranier. if someone can translate better because my translation is very akward -- correct me if I make a mistake on it.

Making a quote out of an article is always a problem because the whole context is not there.

"Because, me, I lost my mother when I was (expecting -- I think) my older son, and it was (a very difficult/sad period -- I think). I thought that if I went to the funeral mass Albert would see me there from occasionally and he could look across me and would see his son, and he would see that the life continues. Et this funeral for Ranier is also the burial for the grandfather of my son too."

that is basically what it is saying. Forgive the horrible translation.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Serene Highness

i'm guessing that thousands if not millions either paid their respects by going there and viewing prince rainer while he lay in state. or watch the funeral on tv or watch the funeral with the crowds of monaco public.
and lillia dont worry about the translation, i have a habit of skimming over reading materials. so im sure your translation was fine.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:00 AM

In another article (german newspaper) Nicole claims, that she wanted to go to the funeral, because in the country where she's from, it's "tradition" - they have a very strong family company - and because Alexandre is Alberts only son - and this is very important in her culture.

At the end, she wasn't at the funeral - there was no space for her left, she claims - but she and Alexander said goodbye to Rainer one or two days before the funeral.

ps to semisquare: just people from monaco were allowed to see the laid in state prince rainer.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Nobility

I don't really understand the point to bring such a young child to see a person laying in state even it is his grand-father who he doesn't know anyway. It's really pointless and can even be traumatic for the child. She just want to be part of the event in any way possible. If she really respected Albert, she would stay quiet and would only do what he tells her to do as far as his family is concerned. This is really not he best way to make oneself accepted.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
ps to semisquare: just people from monaco were allowed to see the laid in state prince rainer
thx i dont know that
Quote:
In another article (german newspaper) Nicole claims, that she wanted to got to the funeral, because in the country where she's from, it's "tradition" - they have a very strong family company - and because Alexandre is Alberts only son - and this is very important in her culture.
when in rome do what the romans do, so she is not in her country.
Quote:
I don't really understand the point to bring such a young child to see a person laying in state even it is his grand-father who he doesn't know anyway. It's really pointless and can even be traumatic for the child.
i agree , it dosen't make sense to do such a thing
Old 06-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Commoner

i don't get a lot of u guys on here. she should just stay quietly in the corner and speak only when spoken to? be the nice little breeder???? i'm sorry but she had a child, she didn't buy a puppy, or buy him a car or something. she has his child. see i'm african and i know there's NO WAY an african lady would step aside and be quiet in the corner where her child is concerned.

oh, and i also went to my grandfather's funeral when i was only 2 and it didn't traumatize me AT ALL. I can hardly remember the thing but i can tell you one thing, i'm VERY proud that i was there. so when people talk about him, about the funeral, i always say, yup, i was there too. And my grandfather wasn't a monarch of Europe.

Like a few people here have mentioned, i'm thoroughly convinced that a lot of the reaction towards nicole is based on race. If Nicole looked like Mary Donaldson of Denmark, I bet the discussion here would be VERY different. many people would say "oh he should marry her".
Old 06-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Nobility

I don't agree with you although I'm also an African and I don't think that many people are making it a racial matter. I just think that some things can be handled at the appropriate time and she should be dealing with him directly and not through the media and I don't think he has to marry her if they had not talk about that beforehand and that he isn't really in love with her. She herself pointed that it was not really a love affair but that they felt very close to each other. In certain point I do think that she trapped him when she understood he wasn't going to stay with him but this is my point of view and it has nothing to do with the color of her skin.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

finally, some new posts
i too would like to add that as an black american i am an equal opportunity disser. both acted poorly but the fact remains that albert and nicole had an agreement. which was for albert to announce he has a child by nicole. does it make sense to jump ahead of that aggrement? there is at least one photo of nicole and the child(i forgot his name) out on the street. by her not showing patience she now has photographers
following her trying to get the special photo. think about it
Old 06-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
finally, some new posts
i too would like to add that as an black american i am an equal opportunity disser. both acted poorly but the fact remains that albert and nicole had an agreement. which was for albert to announce he has a child by nicole. does it make sense to jump ahead of that aggrement? their is at least one photo of nicole and the child(i forgot his name) out on the street. by she not showing patience she now has photographers
following her trying to get the special photo. think about it
I'm an African American woman also; she acted wrong. I believe that Albert would have kept his word; but I don't believe that Albert acted poorly. Both should have taken precautions but the main responsibility lied with the woman- I don't care what anyone says.

Don't be surprise if Albert marries a Woman of Color, not matter what color.