HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what kind of agreement they had?

Were you privy to their most intimate details?

The Sunday Times - World

May 08, 2005

Albert rails at the black prince tale
Matthew Campbell, in Paris
PRINCE Albert II of Monaco feels “betrayed” by a former air hostess from west Africa whose claims that he is the father of her child broke an agreement not to go public with the story until three months of mourning for his late father had ended, sources close to the family said this weekend.

The sources added that the unmarried Albert, 47, who recently succeeded Prince Rainier as ruler of the Riviera principality, had been willing publicly to recognise the “black prince”, as they refer to the latest addition to the house of Grimaldi, after the official mourning ends in July.

Nicole Coste, 33, the mother, may have jeopardised that, however, by selling her story to the press. Albert is said to be furious at her “betrayal”.

hey guess what.... im wrong nicole didnt say what i mention above ( but i am still looking at more articles)but this article should clear up what i said. if i fine anymore i will post them later on tonight-todays is laundry day so if have to get back to being the housewife :)
but i would have love to have been the fly on the wall when those two talk.

Last edited:
Prince Albert and the Succession of Monaco

Also, I am sure they did have an agreement, but if it is true that he made himself unavailable to her following his father's death and she had to communicate with him through his lawyers and handlers, he would not give her any sort of documents to prove paternity (which is information that reportedly has been leaked out) and he did not make sure (and make sure it was known to her) that her son would be provided for financially, I can kind of see why see would go to the press.

That sort of behaviour (if it is true) by him shows a lack of concern for his son and his son's future, and I am sure she may have felt he did not live up to his promise to her in that respect.

How difficult would it have been to give her the documents after Prince Rainier died? He's dead already.

What if something happened to him between the time of his father's death and when he was going to make the acknowledgment? Forget about any possibility about the throne, her son would have got nothing. You know darn well the people at the Palace would not have admitted her claims were true. She would be lucky if she was offered a million dollars to walk away from and leave the Royal Family alone for good.

Now any black woman in this situation would have felt that P. Albert's life (due to the fact that his first-born son is with a black woman) was and potentially is in jeopardy.

Like the previous member said, a woman is going to put the interests of her child first, especially a black woman in this situation.

Last edited:
The old double standards

I strongly believe that Nicole Coste was pushed into a corner.Prince Albert allegedly got Nicole pregnant, but now she just an unwanted problem. It's amazing how some people minds work! Prince Albert has countless people who protects him and his assets.I doubt Nicole or Alexander could bankrupt Prince Albert. In addition I doubt Prince albert would pay support for child that isn't his own.Alexander has only his mother Nicole.Unlike Prince albert, Nicole has been pulling full time parenting duties. Prince Albert should hate the game not the player (Nicole). I for one am not shocked by the revelation.This sort of news is nothing new to Prince Albert and his family.They will survive. They always survive. It widely reported how Prince albert has sowed his royal oats. He should have never become involved with Nicole Coste. She fourteen years younger than him and was going through enough drama in her personal life. I strongly suspect that Prince albert would allow himself to be advised to ignore Alexander. After Alexander's birth everything is Now Nicole's fault. In was in his power to address and handle this before it hit the press.Many critics assert that Nicole should have just waited, but she has waited 21 months. It's apparent that everything in the relationship was based on his needs and timing.Sometimes when dealing with such a powerful man, the best place is out in the open.It I could give Nicole a gift it would be the knowledge and resources to get the heck away from this man and his organization. Before alexander's conception ,Nicole was working and parenting her two children.

queenallen said:
I agree with some of this: I do believe she felt backed into a corner -- because she knows that the boy will be 2 yrs old in August and w/all these things coming up, she may have felt that this matter seemed to go very far down on the list of priorities, so she may have felt she needed to 'start shouting' about it to bring it in front. I do think Albert needs to handle this better, especially if it is his child, then certainly much better -- but all is speculation at this point. Nothing has been confirmed.

I am still not convinced that this is a race issue (those that keep saying that it is; I think they are ignorant -- not that these ugly race things do not exist in the world, and obviously in the minds of some people, but I do not think that this is the main issue on this).

I have heard different people say before, that in Western countries, women (all types of women) have children and when asked about the father the answer becomes 'He/she does not have a father'. Well, that's not technically true. For their own reasons, they do not want to go into it. I also understand the other side's point (which is Nicole's point too) that the baby did not just appear from nowhere -- she did not produce this child all by herself. In some parts of the world, even if the guy was a bricklayer, from a social aspect, he would just never be allowed to just quietly (or not) 'disappear' from the scene after the child is born, even if he did not want the baby. But in western countries, it is not such a big deal for this to happen -- it happens all the time.

But there is such a thing as handling a situation respectfully, on both sides. I think her plastering this out there 1 week after the funeral was not a respectful thing to do. Don't matter who the guy; the whole family has experienced a major loss and she just threw her priorities into their face (in my opinion). Not nice at all.

Albert is not the first, nor the only, nor will he be the last man to have a baby (if true) without being married to the mother. It happens everyday with people of every stripe and quite frankly, if this is the extent of difficulty in his and her life, then I would nominate them both for
a Nobel prize because they 've managed to do something that most people on the planet have not been able to do, ever.

Hmph!

Last edited:
Some of the remarks on the Nicole issue amaze me. Since Albert was dating her apparently he isn't a racist. Some are trying to make this a race issue by always bringing it up. This is between them no one else only Nicole made it public knowledge instead of waiting the time requested and she admitted to it. That places her in the wrong. According to her he was caring for them both which isn't a necessity to go as far as provide an apartment. What happened to the one she had? She had a job when they meet and could have continued to work woman do it all the time. Let me tell all of you ladies if you love a man and he tells you to wait and say nothing you will do it. You can also do it without being asked out of respect for the man and the situation you find yourself in.

Again, both are at fault here. But if you look at Prince Albert's actions, he has done what many didn't. Let's be real here! How many Royal Men and/or men of means would take pictures with their babies??? Also, he had his child, mother and siblings living in his Paris Apartment-you know that was known to the media and the French Public. But again, where is the child's other siblings? Does the mother now only care about this child because of all the "trappings" that come with his being PA's child? Don't judge! Two were at fault, but you can't make Prince Albert take all of the blame! Alot of women, no matter what color, hue or religion, when interacting with a man of some means, and in some circles, (my baby's father circle) whether no means at all, will have a child when they think nothing else will hold the man to them. If you read her interview, they had relations a couple of years prior to the conception of the child. Yet, when supposedly the child was conceived, it was just an "Auld Lang Syne" thing to do. Doesn't that sound a bit insincere to anyone else other but me?

"If you read her interview, they had relations a couple of years prior to the conception of the child. Yet, when supposedly the child was conceived, it was just an "Auld Lang Syne" thing to do. Doesn't that sound a bit insincere to anyone else other but me?"

I have to agree, it does sound like she drew him back for a little something. But, he's a grown man and he made his bed....

Does the mother now only care about this child because of all the "trappings" that come with his being PA's child?

Cruel as it is to say it, his siblings aren't mommy's reason she has a nice apartment and a link to the royal family of Monaco.

semisquare said:
The Sunday Times - World
semisquare said:
May 08, 2005

Albert rails at the black prince tale

Matthew Campbell, in Paris

PRINCE Albert II of Monaco feels “betrayed” by a former air hostess from west Africa whose claims that he is the father of her child broke an agreement not to go public with the story until three months of mourning for his late father had ended, sources close to the family said this weekend.

The sources added that the unmarried Albert, 47, who recently succeeded Prince Rainier as ruler of the Riviera principality, had been willing publicly to recognise the “black prince”, as they refer to the latest addition to the house of Grimaldi, after the official mourning ends in July.

How clever!!!! No matter has Albert the son or not. The doubt is aroused.
I almost admite of Nicole! Such artful step!

Nobody tells now confidently what could really happen in July! People will think : “If Nicole’s son is not his child so why Albert is malicious?”
They will be think that Albert was going to recognize the child, but he has refused cause the secret has been opened prematurely.
In any case Albert will be guilty and under suspicion.:mad:
It seems to me that it's the banal revenge and the attempt to attract the attention to herself.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
This is between them no one else only Nicole made it public knowledge instead of waiting the time requested and she admitted to it. That places her in the wrong. According to her he was caring for them both which isn't a necessity to go as far as provide an apartment. What happened to the one she had? She had a job when they meet and could have continued to work woman do it all the time.
I agree with this 100%; other women work while they are expecting their children and they also continue to work after they are born. Why is she so different? And she is the one who put all of this out in the public forum. When one does something like that, they open themselves for scrutiny and criticism by the public. In my opinion, she took (if the story is true) this action in an attempt to shame and embarras him. In Paris-Match she says rather plainly that where she comes from 'a father would force his son to accept the child'. That comment along with others that she said, to me, is clearly from someone who is trying to force someone else to do what they want.

In my opinion, she wants alot more than whatever he was trying to help her with -- whatever her reason, and whatever his reason for trying to help her, it seems not to be enough. I think she has alot of nerve presenting herself as if to be defining what he must do. That is my opinion.

Anyway, all of talk is based on her side of the story -- everything about how they had 'an agreement' and how they 'cared for one another' so much is according to her. He has not confirmed anything.

I think she is pushy and aggresive and her actions have been very inappropriate. And that is not to say anything but this: sometimes a person's behavior makes them completely, utterly and absolutely unattactive. To me this is the case on her.

Last edited:
my opinion, she took (if the story is true) this action in an attempt to shame and embarras him.
she must not know how men operate because most men are not shame unto action. with him having a title, money & fame, she should have know better than to deal with him on that level.

sometimes a person's behavior makes them completely, utterly and absolutely unattactive. To me this is the case on her.

well said, looks fade but the personality stays the same. its nice to hear that comment because this world seems to be base on what u look like or how thin u r.

is it correct to say we have four weeks to hear albert's side of the story?

Semisquare..

"Auld Lang Syne" I was guessing too, but I think it's a reference to a casual sex encounter.

If you go back and read the origional post, in the statement before she says:
"Alot of women, no matter what color, hue or religion, when interacting with a man of some means, and in some circles, (my baby's father circle) whether no means at all, will have a child when they think nothing else will hold the man to them."

Smells like a set up....which if you think about it....I mean (getting very personnal here) she said she missed "a pill", well I've been on the pill forever and I have always been under the impression that it's the kind of chemical that stays in your system a while. Everyone is different but I've missed "a pill" twice this week already and I'm not likely turn up preggers. (I'm very happily married:)

Aloha....

Just got in!

Auld Lang Sang can mean, just for old times sake. That was what I meant when I used that phrase.
And yes, there is a rat there as leahteresa stated. She knew just what she was doing. The pill does stay in your system, but there is also a morning after pill that was approved in France before the USA if I'm not mistaken. It is just a Mega Dose of Birth Control Pill.

She knew exactly what she was doing and again, I fault her the most. If he was a miserable person, he would of dealt with her in a harsh manner. She knew that he was not.

IMHO, the child will be the one hurt the most, and that is only if Prince Albert does not move him into Monaco or see several times a week. Prince Albert second, but the mother, I have no sympathy whatsoever! She is a calculating woman and she will reap what she has sown.

LadyMacAlpine...very well said.

You've walked the walk and know the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom