The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Again, I'm not judging her actions or intentions (of which I can't be sure) but I can form my own opinion of the things she herself declares and that I assume must be true.

First of all, I think ALbert was quite naive, or at least careless to make such a thing happen: I don't question his or her right to have a relationship, either sentimental or sexual, but I think a man of his age and in his position should know the troubles that giving birth to a child not being in a relationship with the mother can cause. Moreover, I think Albert and his entourage could have handled things differently and better, so that Nicole wouldn't have felt the need or the desire to go public through an interview.

As for Nicole, I got the impression that she is acting more for her own sake than for her kid's: I think the interview, a scandal, and too many demands, can only damage and not facilitate the relationship, already diffiucult, between Alexandre and his father (if Albert is actually the father, which hasn't been proved).

Please believe me when I say that the fact that she is black, or a commoner, has no influence whatsoever on my opinions; I don't agree with a woman who, just because she had a child from a rich man, quits her job and demands to be maintained by that man, that's all.

I don't want to judge any of the adullts involved, I just feel very sorry for the kid, and I hope he will be able to have a happy childhood, but in this situation I think it will be quite difficult...

BTW, unfortunately I can't find the mag with the second part of the interview anymore...I'l look for it better this evening, kisses

Old 05-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Speech in Warsaw

Prince Albert of Monaco urges vigilance against racism at summit

Warsaw, May 16, SPA -- Prince Albert II of Monaco urged
governments to pay special attention to minority rights and
fighting racism in his speech Monday at a European summit,
one of his first appearances abroad since he became ruler.
The prince told the Council of Europe summit at Warsaw's
Royal Castle that "the edifice that we have constructed,
whatever the depth and the solidity of its foundations,
remains fragile."
"The question of national minorities, for example, is
very worrying," he told the gathering of heads of state
and government. "Respect for their rights ... must be the
object of particular attention."
"Every form of discrimination based on race or religion
must be condemned without reserve _ we must remain
extremely vigilant," the prince was quoted as saying by The Associated Press.
Albert took over royal powers in tiny Monaco after his
father, longtime ruler Prince Rainier III, died April 6.
He will ascend to the throne July 12, after the close of
the mourning period for Rainier.
The prince, wearing a black tie, drew applause for his
speech, in which he also stressed that the Mediterranean
principality "attaches great importance" to protection of
the environment.
"Shouldn't the Europeans of today, like those of
generations to come, be able to live with protected
natural, and particularly marine, environments?" he asked.
--SPA

1427 Local Time
1127 GMT

http://www.spa.gov.sa/newsview.php?extend.262747

Old 05-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Commoner

Let me see if I clarify this once and for all. I was not

implying any form of racism on Albert's part. I am saying that of the women claiming he fathered their child (and there have been a few) the remarks, statements and ideas regarding her by the press and people in general have been more decidedly negative than with the other ladies claiming the same thing.

In a perfect world race would not enter into this but this most assuredly not a perfect world and I find the interest and comments about this woman lead me to wonder if she were caucasian would the comments be so harsh.

If he were to claim Jazmin somehow I think in the press it will be okay-but he claims a mixed blood son we are going to be reading about this till judgement day. THat is my opinion based on how the world functions presently.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I agree with you that racism is sadly very present in our society, but the impression I got from what I read (of course I might be wrong on this) is that Nicole got more attention than the other women in her position mainly because she was the one to give a public interview, and because her kid, differently from the others, is probably really Albert's son.

Being realistic though, I think some people wouldn't be too pleased with a black reigning Prince or Princess...extremely sad, I know, but unfortunately that's the world we live in...

Kisses
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Prince Albert of Monaco attends a mass in memory of his father
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	355300.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	145694   Click image for larger version

Name:	355301.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	145695   Click image for larger version

Name:	355305.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	145696   Click image for larger version

Name:	355308.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	145697  

Old 05-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

When and where was this mass?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
even if he can't ascend to the throne at least give him a title comensurate with being the son of THe Sovreign Prince of Monaco.
That will never happen
Old 05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
That will never happen
I agree. I don't men to sound insensitive, but he wouldn't be the first illegitimate child not to get a title from a royal parent. As sweet as the child is, his father is under no obligation to hand him a title, and honestly, what difference would it make? It would be an empty title. He already has a father who supports him financially and might actually be a part of his life. If Alexandre's mother Nicole thinks she can get more from Albert than that, I think she'd be sorely mistaken.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

why does he need a title? he'll have his parents love, a place to live and any other necessities of life.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, one can never know from the outside what was the actual case between the 2 of them. Most of all it seems like a whole lot of speculation on things that should probably never have been brought out in public. Anything is possible and it is definitely true that even if a situation looks like one thing; it could be something completely different. I for one, am no judge on her or him, or on any of this or anything else.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
When and where was this mass?
Original Caption: Prince Albert of Monaco attends a mass in memory of his father, the late Prince Rainier, prior to the first training session of the 2005 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix, in Monaco, on May 19, 2005.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

I still do not believe that this is a situation because of race; people use race to detract from a core issue --which could be this: if Albert comes forward and legally acknowledges the boy as his son (and not just keep some general 'understanding' out there) the child could be entitled to a claim on his estate as an heir and the mother could be entitled to some pretty substantial support payments. The boy may never get a title, father last name, not be in line to 'head the family business', but he may be legally entitled to a part of the fortune as any other of Al. children would be (if he had any). This might well be a very substantial amount of things, if it were to happen. The mother may not have been going for that outcome or even thinking about it at all; but I would only guess that at least a few of those people on Al. side are thinking about that.

I would only guess that Charles of England is not the only one that has 'grey men' in the back 'managing the firm' and thinking about things and telling him how to act about 'tradition and protocol' and such. But one never knows.

Mainly, I think again all one can do is see what happens. It's unfortunate situation for all.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Commoner

Come July 6 hopefully we will hear his side of the story.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

When a law suit is filed the general response should be no comment until the matter is settled. Men do not like to be backed into a corner. There is a lot at stake where a child of Albert's is concerned as all are aware. If Nicole's story is true and I am not saying it is Albert is having a lot of emotions going through him right now for one he can't comment and tell his side. According to everything Nicole said about Albert his people went to her to know if the child was his once born. Most men don't do that. Its part of the differences between the stories told by Nicole and Tamara. Tamara made an aggressive attack on him. Nicole did not. She stayed silent for 20 months why couldn't she wait another 3 for Albert to make the announcement himself no one understands. Look at the photo's of Albert with Alexandre and for that matter other children, as an uncle. If Alexandre is his son do you all not believe he would be proud of him? He is a beautiful little boy. Think of wanting to be with your child to see them every day, touch and hold them but not being able to. The first word missed, the first step missed those are things that can't be regained.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some more pics of yesterday's mass - without a signature :)
Such a nice gesture to join the teams for that..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mass1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	146257   Click image for larger version

Name:	mass2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	146258   Click image for larger version

Name:	mass3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	146259   Click image for larger version

Name:	mass4.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	146260  

Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Iceflower Indeed it was a very nice gesture and I'm sure this year's GP will be in honor of Rainier since he was a great F1 fan and supporter.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

dont u think he is like most men that have power. they have their private life with a special friend and then a public life either with or without a wife and family. so here a question, it is possible for him to stay faithful to his wife once he is married? i dont know if it is possible for him to do that. reason why i say that is because he seems to carry on with a lot of women at the same time.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Nobility

I don't think Queenie was insinuating anyone on this forum was racist. I think she was just saying European society or society in general may be. But, as for albiethehot's post, I don't appreciate that either. I couldn't care less if the mother was black or white or hispanic or arab or american indian, it just doesn't make any difference to me. As for the baby issue, I, for one, withold judgment. There were six pictures of Albert with the child, for one, so I'm curious as to how that would be if Albert were not the father; but, somehow, I think he wouldn't be that irresponsible. This I do know: whether the child is or is not Albert's, significant damage has been done to his reputation and people certainly will not take him as seriously as before.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:42 AM

By "legendary", I mean I've been reading about him dating black as well as white women since the 80's. American gossip columnists used to write about it like it was a big scandal. It's not a scandal because race should not matter. I don't feel that Europeans care as much about this sort of thing. Americans are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times on this issue. Most of the venom on here comes from Americans. I stand by this statement. Whoever wanted proof, why should I provide it? Why does my statement need proof? I've been reading about the Grimaldi's for years and years. That's all the "proof" I need. If I said "Usher loves blonds" would you be asking for "proof"???

Personally, I guess I don't care who was offended by my post. Alot of your posts have offended me (from the 1st thread as well as this one). Enough to make me come out of perpetual lurkdom. Tamara deserves all of the abuse that's been heaped on Nicole and more. Tamara actually went to an event, held up her child and yelled "say hello to your daughter, Albert" but no one trashes her for it. I don't believe for a second that Jazmin belongs to Albert as most of you are hoping. Alexandre on the other hand, is most definitely Al's kid. I bought Paris Match and he looks every bit like a proud father. I don't need an official statement from him to convince me. His silence and Alexandre's looks say it all. He's got Albert's eyes (not the color, obviously) and forehead.

I hate to break it to everyone but, this kid belongs to Albert, Al's not gay, he's not bi and he likes ALL types. I know that makes people uncomfortable but, that's the way it is. And Albert Grimaldi will marry whomever he chooses. It will not matter to him what race she is. It mattered to Rainier but it won't matter to Al.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Nobility

I know racism and prejudice are alive in this world but personally, I don't think people would necessarily object to a mixed race ruler of Monaco, provided that the child was born within a marriage, not as the result of a liaison...I know that sounds prudish (even to me) but does anyone think that a Caucasian child born of a Caucasian mother in a similar position to Nicole would have more acceptance as a potential heir than Alexandre? I feel the Grimaldis want to maintain their "elitism" and that Albert would prefer the monarchy to pass to Caroline and her children rather than to children born from such relationships...just my two cents...like the rest of you i await further news from the palace.