HSH Prince Albert Current Events 6 : May 2005 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace said:
Regarding Chi, I know nothing, but I guess if the magazine is not sued it will be because they merely bought the story from other mags; we'll have to wait and see...

ETA: one thing about Nicole: She wanted to be invited in place of her 2 year illegitimate (at the moment) son to a State funeral! She is either VERY naive or very cunning! I don't want to judge without knowing but the demand of a villa in Cote d'Azur makes me believe she is more cunning that naive, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Albert has a big problem to deal with...

Chi like other European mags I'm sure bought the story as Bunte & Paris Match had the exclusive story with the photographs. After reading her interview I'm kind of shocked. First she says Albert is a very nice person and then that he doesn't love his kid and tries to portray herself as a victim. She also blames Rainier for all this mess.

I guess she's just an imposter or something because according to her she has the number of the birth certificate, and supposedly she lost the certificate, in any counry I imagine that as long as you have the number and a proof that you're the parent, you can go to the City Hall and get a new copy of a certificate.

She also mentioned a different lawyer that was not Thierry Lacoste and she says Albert gave her the Parisinian flat where she lives and sends her money. What does she want then? My opinion: fame and becoming the next Princess Of Monaco.

If she really wanted to do things for her child's benefit (being close to his dad), she could have fixed this matter privately and not make a big scandal.

Its nice to get a man's point of view Monaco70s. Being a woman I am trying to figure it out. If you love a man, he is providing above and beyond the normal child support I honestly don't understand how she could have done it. To me that is the act of a woman that is seeking revenge. Is it just me or does anyone agree with me? I need to try and justify in my own mind whats been done.

I agree she's kind of seeking "revenge" and fame...

Well if Albert provides the child love, emotional, and economic support that's what counts. The important thing is for the kid to feel loved.

It wouldn't make him a better or worse father if he does/doesn't recognize him as the next Prince of Monaco. The love a parent has for his children can only be expressed in love, support, and caring; not a royal title or luxurious material goods.

Isn't it Andrea in the first pic Lady ?....Because I think when Al was little there was no such plastic - car yet :):)

i've been reading this thread and just waiting for the registration thing so i could post. It is very interesting to me that a lot of people are quick to paint nicole as everything negative - golddigger/bad mother/attention whore etc. I'm sorry but she has a child. Not just any child, a child by a great man. I can say if it were I would want my child to be recognized for what he is, a Grimaldi. He should have everything that comes with his heritage, he should not be hidden like some prize goat, like some surprise bonus item at the end of the party. He is a child and the first male child of Prince Albert II of Monaco at that. As for her bad parenting skills cuz of the paparazzi now, I believe that's Nicole's prerogative. Maybe she thought her son knowing who he was and being able to proudly stand up and declare himself so in the future was worth the small hassle now. I for one, haven't seen any extra pics of nicole, so i think she's doing a good job of shielding her family from paparazzi so far. I don't know why she would come out now rather than after the mourning period. The publicity would most likely be the same either way. I think I believe something else was at play, either she had a reason not to trust Albert, or someone was about to find out anyway, or she was backed to a wall. I believe that the story was about to be leaked anyway she just wanted a situation where SHE would be in control of it rather than some zealous journalist or magazine.

Personally I didn't judge her actions, or her intentions, I judges her words. I found some of her answers in the interview very starnge, and somehow insincere, but I'm ready and willing to change my mind, if she is acting for the benefit of her child and not for her own sake.

And I keep thinking Albert was not very bright in this situation...

Kisses

libradoll said:
i've been reading this thread and just waiting for the registration thing so i could post. It is very interesting to me that a lot of people are quick to paint nicole as everything negative - golddigger/bad mother/attention whore etc. I'm sorry but she has a child. Not just any child, a child by a great man. I can say if it were I would want my child to be recognized for what he is, a Grimaldi. He should have everything that comes with his heritage, he should not be hidden like some prize goat, like some surprise bonus item at the end of the party. He is a child and the first male child of Prince Albert II of Monaco at that. As for her bad parenting skills cuz of the paparazzi now, I believe that's Nicole's prerogative. Maybe she thought her son knowing who he was and being able to proudly stand up and declare himself so in the future was worth the small hassle now. I for one, haven't seen any extra pics of nicole, so i think she's doing a good job of shielding her family from paparazzi so far. I don't know why she would come out now rather than after the mourning period. The publicity would most likely be the same either way. I think I believe something else was at play, either she had a reason not to trust Albert, or someone was about to find out anyway, or she was backed to a wall. I believe that the story was about to be leaked anyway she just wanted a situation where SHE would be in control of it rather than some zealous journalist or magazine.
Why, then, would she say that she wants to move to the French Riviera when she already has a place to live comfortably and money -- in my humble opinion, that seems like something that someone would do if they want to put pressure on a situation in some way.

I understand her wanting her child to be acknowledged for who he really is -- but why do that particular sort of thing? Maybe she thinks that Albert would forget about this child unless she herself is in his face or 'in the neighborhood' or maybe she thinks Al. will not visit the boy in the future or something? He has been very preoccupied for a couple of months -- I think she also stated that he has not visited since February. Maybe she has forgotten that if this is Albert of Monaco's child, he can get to the boy from anywhere on the planet.

I think she wants recognition for her son -- OK. Understandable. I also think she is mad and does not want to let go of the man.

Why would she need to 'represent' the boy at the funeral -- if Albert is the father, isn't he doing that already? If she's just trying to pay respects, why demand this type of thing -- why not just send flowers or condolences or something. Why try to be in their face?

I think just she does not want to let go of any royal access or special privelege she got in the past from being w/Albert.

Since she may not be with Albert in the future, if she can 'throw some weight around' in certain circles as the boy's mother, why would she not use that 'authority' to assure a better social status for herself and her other children (by association). Albert has the means to provide very nicely for this boy -- and he probably should/will.

While she may not be explicitly calculating some things, I think she does know what she's doing. She seems sincere and very articulate and intelligent. And I believe she does understand what she is doing.

Last edited:
Remember that these two supposedly had some sort of a relationship before. I don't know about you but if i had an out-of-this-world relationship with say william (i wish but hey.....!) and had his child, it would be a little difficult in letting go. i mean who comes after william (oops i mean albert)? I'm not saying she's an angel, I just don't think her motives are overly negative like golddigger/bad mother. I think she wants all her son is entitled to and the fact that she might be a little enamored of Albert is fueling her even more. I certainly don't think she's vindictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
libradoll said:
Remember that these two supposedly had some sort of a relationship before. I don't know about you but if i had an out-of-this-world relationship with say william (i wish but hey.....!) and had his child, it would be a little difficult in letting go. i mean who comes after william (oops i mean albert)? I'm not saying she's an angel, I just don't think her motives are overly negative like golddigger/bad mother. I think she wants all her son is entitled to and the fact that she might be a little enamored of Albert is fueling her even more. I certainly don't think she's vindictive.
I agree -- her comments in the article are strange.

I don't think she is those nasty things. She probably still has feeling for him (understandable), but she said all those aggressive things. She wants her son recognized & she may be feeling spiteful too -- so vents out all of that stuff to the splashiest magazine ever -- her business get plastered all over the world -- then she announces that she wants to live anonymous.

She wants her cake and to eat it too -- I agree she's probably upset w/the guy. But just because you have a baby does not mean a man will stay on.

hummm very interesting

i've been reading this thread and just waiting for the registration thing so i could post. It is very interesting to me that a lot of people are quick to paint nicole as everything negative - golddigger/bad mother etc. I'm sorry but she has a child. Not just any child, a child by a great man. I can say if it were I would want my child to be recognized for what he is, a Grimaldi. He should have everything that comes with his heritage, he should not be hidden like some prize goat, like some surprise bonus item at the end of the party.
i just wanted to quote you libradoll and since im not the best on the pc i had to do it the old fashion way(cut & paste)
u have to remember that she agree to be his"special friend". she knew that he told people , she was the friend of his lover, if i'm not mistaken. she continue to sleep with him so an agreement was made. a verbal contract, because the two parties, albert and nicole, agree that they would sleep together and she would remaind hidden. when they had a child the agreement change a little. which was nicole & sons were to stay in the background and albert will provide for nicole & sons. now, who agree to play by albert's rules, nicole did, who agree for albert to take care of her with strings attach, nicole did and so who should have kept up her part of the agreement, nicole should have. would her child have less items than anyother royal child? i would like to think that would not be the case. i dont understand why she would move one child closer to a father and take the other children away from their father. i'm sure albert could have seen his child anytime. plus he has the means to visit he kid anytime he wanted to. so i still dont get and im sure i never will understand her reasoning for breaking the agreement between her and albert.
let me sit it straight i dont agree with all this sleeping around it hurts everyone involve, as u can see. this situation is nothing short of sad and it is a no win situation. plus this is not the age were u can play around with your reproduct gift like a toy. there are things out there that are easy to catch and there is no cure

I just hope he will acknowledge his child if it is his

son and even if he can't ascend to the throne at least give him a title comensurate with being the son of THe Sovreign Prince of Monaco.

Can anyone tell me why The Monaco Royal Family are "serene" and not "royal" and could they call themselves royal if they chose.

Thanks!!:confused:

It just amazes me to see all of these paternity claims against Albert. Although, some are obviously whack jobs out for a buck, I am surprised that Albert doesn't take care of problems like these before they hit the press. He sometimes doesn't even deny encounters with these women but acts as if they are completely out of their minds for suggesting he could be the father of their children. I am not saying he shouldn't be with a woman for fear they will get pregnant and say he is the father. Albert though needs to maybe be a bit more selective in he galvants around with. :rolleyes:

michelle said:
Isn't it Andrea in the first pic Lady ?....Because I think when Al was little there was no such plastic - car yet :):)
OOPs you might be right we didn't have them back then. The caption said Albert. Its what comes from lack of sleep due to being upset you miss details.

For Albert and Nicole's case ...
I think on the day that P.Albert will make an annoucement about the case of Nicole and her son that P. Albert signs paternity because he wants to adopt Nicole's son so Alexandre is not biology son, but adopted son of P. Albert. But Nicole betrays him by selling lie story to Paris-Match. I believe that the Palace must do something to protect Prince Albert, and the adoption is a good reason. It's impossible that the Palace and Prince Albert will accept the Nicole's interview. It will make the Monaco Royalty looks worse. However, I don't think that this case is about curse, because Grimaldi's curse is about marriage. P. Albert doesn't get married, so this is not involved with curse, but involved with money. The Grimaldi's curse will happen when member of Monaco's royalty get married.

I hope P.Albert has clear background.

In the interview she said that she and Alexandre visited Rainier's chapel by entering to the Palace thru a latera door. According to her, they were both said their last goodbye personally to Rainier, hence she didn't attend the funeral.

I know this would probably never happen, but if the baby is his, you guys think he would sue for full custody?

I think he would allow her to have the custody and take care of his child.

monaco70s said:
Honestly I'm very confused :(

It's very much a "He said. She said." situation. We may never know exactly what happened (with the pregnacy, child or even the funeral). What seems important to me is the happiness of the child, mother and father.

Albert is a reasonable man. He may have a few surprises to throw out there after July 6, 2005. His mother on a prenupt had to agree if the marriage ended the children would stay with Rainier. The situation is somewhat different in that to peoples knowledge he and Nicole aren't married. Hear people say it says this therefore it is. I learned in the summer of 1992 anything is possible and again in the early morning hours of October 4, 1996, that not all is as it appears.

I am going to check the interview, but I think Nicole said she wanted to bring her baby (a 20 months old kid!!!) to see Rainier's body in the Chapel, and that she wanted to be invited to represent her kid to the Funeral but she was not allowed to do either thing.

Ah, she mentions, en passant, that she has lost the custody of her other children (but she doesn't say why), and that she has stopped working, all things that make me wonder: I think if Albert is Alexandre's father he has the duty to cuncur in maintaining him and take care of his child, but I don't think Nicole shares this right to be maintained, she could work as she did before having her third baby...

As I said, there are many weird answers in the interview that made me wonder; I read it split in two parts, and after reading the second part I was shocked and puzzled by some answers.
I really hope everything turns out fine for all the people involved, and particularly for the kid!

Kisses

Grace said:
...As I said, there are many weird answers in the interview that made me wonder; I read it split in two parts, and after reading the second part I was shocked and puzzled by some answers. I really hope everything turns out fine for all the people involved, and particularly for the kid!

Grace,
Any chance of quoting part of the interview in the article for those of us who don't have access to it?

I have it in italian, and my translation might not be accurate, so if anyone has got it in English, it would be better.
Otherwise I'll try to translate and post the most important parts...

Kisses

P.S. I'd like to read it in English or French myself...

Grace said:
I have it in italian, and my translation might not be accurate, so if anyone has got it in English, it would be better.
Otherwise I'll try to translate and post the most important parts...

Kisses

P.S. I'd like to read it in English or French myself...
Could you post it in Italian those of us with translaters can figure it out. Thank you.

I truly wonder if so many would be so quick to think

the worst of this women if she were a tall, blond model-I think on some level race most definitely does enter into the equation-especially with the institutionalized racism that is usually prevalent in European monachies. Princess Angela is the exception not the rule.

But leaving this aside it does not change the basic facts: P. Albert had a relationship with this woman which may have produced a child-neither party seems to have been familiar with modern birth control.

We are are not privy to any promises P. Albert may have made to this woman and if any of them were kept if indeed made. THerefore we are not sure what her motivation is so I reserve judgement in this situation.

THe fact that he is a Prince and she is a commoner does not automatically make him right or her a golddigger.

As all of us ladies can attest to men will make the damnest promises to get what they want.:)

Queenie, if I recall correctly, the woman who claims Jazmin is Albert's child is a tall (5'9" or better) caucasian brunette.

Their looks are of no matter to me. I think all parties are naughty for getting sexually intimate before a committment is more solid-like an engagement. And if Albert didn't learn about sex ed in school, he should have wised up after the first paternity accusation against him in college!

Suonymona, you're right Jazmin's mom is white but I

also don't remember the kind of venom being hurled at Nicole being hurled at her.

As for Albert's sex education he needs to start from scratch obviously.

Suonymona said:
Queenie, if I recall correctly, the woman who claims Jazmin is Albert's child is a tall (5'9" or better) caucasian brunette.

Their looks are of no matter to me. I think all parties are naughty for getting sexually intimate before a committment is more solid-like an engagement. And if Albert didn't learn about sex ed in school, he should have wised up after the first paternity accusation against him in college!
Actually I didn't hear of the first one in college. I know college was his first encounter. According to all accounts and he was taken aside and birth control was discussed when he began dating. The first one I am aware of was by Bea Fieldler in 1986 then Tamara Rotolo in 1991.

You are right in what you said Grace about Albert only taking care of the kid and Nicole to work...she's young and she can work.

Now very interesting highlight: why did she loose the custody of her other children? I think the reasons aren't benefitial towards her...

I don't know if I should believe the story about Coste or not - but anyway I may find a reason why she went public.
First, Albert did't visit her and the child since February and second she told the magazine Bunte (a few days after the story was published) that a lawyer of Albert (or Albert himself) said, that she start's to annoy them (or Coste is a pain in neck for Albert and his lawyers) - sorry for the bad translation.
In German: "Sie (Coste) fängt an uns auf die Nerven zu gehen."
I don't know, but if I would have a child, and the father of child would told me, that I (and my child) annoy him - I think I would be a bit angry and disappointed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom