The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 05-15-2005, 03:05 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina
Sorry, I've been absent...I had to finish up school. I'm finally done forever and ever. On to Albert...

I don't think Thierry has announced that Al is the father. I doubt that contact music is a very reputable source and after doing a search, I haven't found that any other newspaper reported the same thing. That being said, taking legal action on privacy grounds and not on factual ones seems to indicate that the story is true.
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.
__________________

  #162  
Old 05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Good points, Pallas Athina, & Congrats on finishing school.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.

I've read on other boards that she didn't recieve money for her interviews. Apparently the editor of Bunte said they at least didn't pay her. As I've said before, it really doesn't make sense unless Albert has done something to her we don't know about.
__________________

  #163  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
I think that he should take responsibility. As to how much, I'm not sure. I hope he is able to do what ever he feels he naturally wants to. If he wants close contact with the child, I hope he is permitted to maintain it.

If I were him, I'd provide for the child, his siblings, and the mother to have a secure home, security when they need it, and tuition to the best schools. I would not let this be a free meal ticket for the woman though, especially since she 'forgot' to take her pill.
  #164  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 34
I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?
  #165  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
I hope Albert has a good support system to get him through this rough period.:(
  #166  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:35 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #167  
Old 05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.
  #168  
Old 05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieP
I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?
well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.
  #169  
Old 05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.
Well, I would love to be his surprise!
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #170  
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Well, I would love to be his surprise!
I thought you were married. For shame.
  #171  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
Smile

Not quite yet!!!

I adore your post!!! We seem to think somewhat alike.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #172  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 20
Question Hi I'm new to the Board and Have a Question regarding

Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

LB:)
  #173  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 34
I agree it is sad. She waited all that time you would think two more months would not have killed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.
  #174  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

LB:)
I believe he outranks his sister because, one, he is a sovereign. Sovereign princes outrank royal highness'. Also, per certain patents, her husband is technically not a Prince of Great Britain, and technically, all titles in Germany are void, yet the German Royals still use them. Again, I may not be completely right, but I believe this is why.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #175  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

LB:)
Albert is now the Sovereign Prince, I believe it is His Most Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco. He out ranks her as a Monarch he doesn't have to bow nor would his wife have to curtsy but I read Princess Grace still did. I believe his sisters on certain occasion would have to curtsy to him. And welcome to the group.
  #176  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 20
Thank you for the welcome, I was wondering though

if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB
  #177  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:39 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB
Yes, they are suppose to and always have. Larry King Live see if it explains your question
Quote:
KING: But do you say to yourself someday -- by the way, why isn't he king? Albert: Well, that's historical fact. We were given the title -- or, we were recognized by King Louis XV of France so in 1641, by treaty the Grimaldis were only lords of Monaco so we were granted the title of "Prince" by the then King of France.
In some circles the Grimaldis are seen as lesser however over the years it has changed some. I expect to see things change even more from all I have heard. He has been better trained over the years then even his father was for the postion.
  #178  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,487
You know I don't see why PRanier would nto let his son marry who he liked, cuz after all PaALbert probably panned to marry the one he loved after his dad passed away.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #179  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 20
Thank you for clearing this up. I figured as a reigning

Monarch he was entitled to bows and curtsies. I do believe the idea that Serene Highness is lesser only prevails in Great Britiaqn where George V forbad any legitimate member of the Brit Royal family to be called serene highness because the German royal family always used it.

He was also the one who changed the family's name trying to cover their German roots-didn't work everyone still knows:) Ergo the thought in Britian that HSH is somehow lesser than HRH.

LB
  #180  
Old 05-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 58
Nicole

This is what I thought.. P.Albert may want to get married with Nicole when he turns 50 yrs. old (as he gave interview to Larry King), but it might possible that his father told all servants (assistants) to do anything to against him to get married with Nicole because P. Ranier might think that if he pass away, his son must get marry with Nicole. Then, all servants (assistants) might talk something private to Nicole but not let P. Albert know. For example, servants (assistants) might want to give her big money and let her go away from P. Albert. Then, Nicole got angry so she picked up the phone and talked to Paris-Match. .....because she said she is not a gold-digger.

Or...P.Albert might want to get rid of her and do something that cause Nicole get too angry. .... because she said Albert wants to keep their relationship as friends.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 22 : April 2007 - July 2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 204 07-06-2007 06:27 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 16: Feb.2006 - March 2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 190 03-22-2006 10:06 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 7 : June 205 Gabriella Current Events Archive 171 06-16-2005 10:26 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 4 : April 2005 - May 2005 Julia Current Events Archive 174 05-05-2005 01:42 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005 Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 155 04-08-2005 05:12 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall daytime fashion dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria 39th birthday princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises