The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina
Sorry, I've been absent...I had to finish up school. I'm finally done forever and ever. On to Albert...

I don't think Thierry has announced that Al is the father. I doubt that contact music is a very reputable source and after doing a search, I haven't found that any other newspaper reported the same thing. That being said, taking legal action on privacy grounds and not on factual ones seems to indicate that the story is true.
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Good points, Pallas Athina, & Congrats on finishing school.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.

I've read on other boards that she didn't recieve money for her interviews. Apparently the editor of Bunte said they at least didn't pay her. As I've said before, it really doesn't make sense unless Albert has done something to her we don't know about.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Nobility

I think that he should take responsibility. As to how much, I'm not sure. I hope he is able to do what ever he feels he naturally wants to. If he wants close contact with the child, I hope he is permitted to maintain it.

If I were him, I'd provide for the child, his siblings, and the mother to have a secure home, security when they need it, and tuition to the best schools. I would not let this be a free meal ticket for the woman though, especially since she 'forgot' to take her pill.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Commoner

I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Nobility

I hope Albert has a good support system to get him through this rough period.:(
Old 05-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Courtier

True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieP
I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?
well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.
Well, I would love to be his surprise!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Well, I would love to be his surprise!
I thought you were married. For shame.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Smile

Not quite yet!!!

I adore your post!!! We seem to think somewhat alike.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Commoner

Question Hi I'm new to the Board and Have a Question regarding

Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

LB:)
Old 05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Commoner

I agree it is sad. She waited all that time you would think two more months would not have killed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

I believe he outranks his sister because, one, he is a sovereign. Sovereign princes outrank royal highness'. Also, per certain patents, her husband is technically not a Prince of Great Britain, and technically, all titles in Germany are void, yet the German Royals still use them. Again, I may not be completely right, but I believe this is why.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Prince Albert.

Thank you

Albert is now the Sovereign Prince, I believe it is His Most Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco. He out ranks her as a Monarch he doesn't have to bow nor would his wife have to curtsy but I read Princess Grace still did. I believe his sisters on certain occasion would have to curtsy to him. And welcome to the group.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Commoner

Thank you for the welcome, I was wondering though

if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB
Old 05-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB
Yes, they are suppose to and always have. Larry King Live see if it explains your question
Quote:
KING: But do you say to yourself someday -- by the way, why isn't he king? Albert: Well, that's historical fact. We were given the title -- or, we were recognized by King Louis XV of France so in 1641, by treaty the Grimaldis were only lords of Monaco so we were granted the title of "Prince" by the then King of France.
In some circles the Grimaldis are seen as lesser however over the years it has changed some. I expect to see things change even more from all I have heard. He has been better trained over the years then even his father was for the postion.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

You know I don't see why PRanier would nto let his son marry who he liked, cuz after all PaALbert probably panned to marry the one he loved after his dad passed away.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Commoner

Thank you for clearing this up. I figured as a reigning

Monarch he was entitled to bows and curtsies. I do believe the idea that Serene Highness is lesser only prevails in Great Britiaqn where George V forbad any legitimate member of the Brit Royal family to be called serene highness because the German royal family always used it.

He was also the one who changed the family's name trying to cover their German roots-didn't work everyone still knows:) Ergo the thought in Britian that HSH is somehow lesser than HRH.

LB
Old 05-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Gentry

Nicole

This is what I thought.. P.Albert may want to get married with Nicole when he turns 50 yrs. old (as he gave interview to Larry King), but it might possible that his father told all servants (assistants) to do anything to against him to get married with Nicole because P. Ranier might think that if he pass away, his son must get marry with Nicole. Then, all servants (assistants) might talk something private to Nicole but not let P. Albert know. For example, servants (assistants) might want to give her big money and let her go away from P. Albert. Then, Nicole got angry so she picked up the phone and talked to Paris-Match. .....because she said she is not a gold-digger.

Or...P.Albert might want to get rid of her and do something that cause Nicole get too angry. .... because she said Albert wants to keep their relationship as friends.

Closed Thread